IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi ladies, quick question I did hpt on 12dp2dt and 14dp2dt, both days showing faint line , looks like it has darken ( but still faint compared to the control window of each test), but its really hard to tell which day is darker cos I am not using the same brand ( Watsons and Guardian housebrand) I am hoping that I can see an evening gynae tonight to more progesterone support , I know KKH 24 hr clinic will not do that, where else can i go?

hi ladies, quick question I did hpt on 12dp2dt and 14dp2dt, both days showing faint line , looks like it has darken ( but still faint compared to the control window of each test), but its really hard to tell which day is darker cos I am not using the same brand ( Watsons and Guardian housebrand) I am hoping that I can see an evening gynae tonight to more progesterone support , I know KKH 24 hr clinic will not do that, where else can i go?

why u need progestrone support? u not spotting right? btw congratulations! u can go thomson a&e for support.

U r due for BT On Saturday or coming Monday? Kkh 24hrs will give if u insist since u r spotting. Do a bhcg BT at same time n confirm pregnancy.

Whose ur dr? If the dr on duty refused, ask them to call ur dr. anyway kick a big fuss there, tell the dr u r pregnant. Dun believe do BT. N At meantime give additional support. Tell him if anything were to happen, coz he nv give additional support, he will be held responsible n ask the nurse assisting him to be witness. Well,trust me, u will get ur support

U r due for BT On Saturday or coming Monday? Kkh 24hrs will give if u insist since u r spotting. Do a bhcg BT at same time n confirm pregnancy.

Whose ur dr? If the dr on duty refused, ask them to call ur dr. anyway kick a big fuss there, tell the dr u r pregnant. Dun believe do BT. N At meantime give additional support. Tell him if anything were to happen, coz he nv give additional support, he will be held responsible n ask the nurse assisting him to be witness. Well,trust me, u will get ur support

Thanks for your advice! My initial bt is on Monday but when I called KKH just now they did ask me to go for bt tomorrow morning

And I have decided to wait till tomorrow cos I don't want to wait around the clinic while I can bed rest now. I am already on my bed , trying to get early rest tonight. The last 2 times when I went to the toilet, no spotting. Pray that it's stays like this throughout.

Thanks and appreciate for all your suggestions

Hi all, I posted here earlier about my successful IVF with PC Wong at NUH....sadly we lost our baby at 8 weeks a few weeks ago. Well, not meant to be and trying to pick myself up again.

Anyway, I'm posting here because I just ordered a whole bunch of Home Pregnancy Tests (Wondfo dipstick type) from the US, keeping some for myself and want to dispose of the rest cheapcheap, so if you are going to be testing soon and would like some cheap tests so you can test every day, just PM me. These tests are really good, they picked up my pregnancy 7 days past my transfer.

cheers all.

Ask for support tomorrow morning. Ttomorrow is half day, n BT result only out st noon. Just inform them u r pregnant. If the nurse refused coz BT not out, ask for ur dr. If he has clinic at clinic D tomorrow morNing. better still. Walk over n knock on his door wait for his nurse to come out. N u tell him

Get mc for next wk to standby too incase still spot. This kkivf may not give even if u threathen them. Just go clinic D n knock on ur dr's dr. No need to pay consultant to see him. Just tell his nurse u r pregnant n spotting n wan MC. I did it before. At times kkivf nurse r v rigid.

Last edited:
Hi hi all, I m starting my ivf injection next week. Wat are the things I need to prepare in advance? Pregnancy kit, socks and tummy warmer。?

Hi ladies,

I saw Dr S for review yesterday. I asked about natural killer cells n requested for a test. She told me that natural killer cells research has not been proven and since kkh is a public hospital, they do not administer such tests that has not been proven. I remembered reading here that some sisters with kkh had their tests done. Can anyone of you please confirm? If kkh doesn't do it, I am incline to go to a pte clinic that does it. I need some recommendations on this as I will be embarking on my 2nd fresh cycle in 2 weeks time.

Also, when I enquire on elonva, the new stimulating jab that last 5 days to a week per jab, Dr S told me she used it before and does not recommend. She din say why.

Appreciate some quick response on this.

Thanks.

I forgot to add... I also ask her why kkh does not monitor hormones level after ET during 2ww. She said that during the period, the hormones level Shld be very high due to the stim n trigger jabs plus the utrogesteron pessaries and the levels are already much higher than ladies who go through a natural pregnancy. And hence, any additional monitoring by blood tests will be just further stress n anxiety on the patient. So they dun do it.

The tests i did, precribed by tan hh who was covering dr loh 4 yrs ago r antibody tests. Ie antibodies which may attack the foetus. N yes, no medication now can treat. Whether is the same as killer cells, m not too sure.

Pls bear in mind now dr S calls the shot after dr loh left. So things wld hv changed now

Thks, jklim, for yr response.

Any sisters here has answers to my questions? Pls share. Appreciate all constructive sharing.

Thanks

hi portia
one of my friend had killer cells tested with sf loh in TFC
for elonva a forum gal had it in gleneagles with lc foong

hope it helps

Thks, gigi. I hv the intention of going to Dr loh. Just that he is so pack now and with such short notice, I dunno if I can get a slot with him.

Hi Portia, I had elonva during my first fresh. Elonva may not be suitable for some patients eg age. My 2nd fresh I dun intend to use elonva. Btw my 1st was bfn

Hello girls! A little story abt me...
I have irregular menses since sec...(can have no menses for 2months).. , went tcm to tiao shen ti, took tcm powder form 3x a day,plus monthly acupuncture n my menses become normal,we used opk religiously to no avail...so my tcm doc asked my hubby to check his sperms, we also went to jurong east tcm to check pulses since highly recommended...she recommended us to go dr chris chen...i didnt research much then,so we just went to him last year dec, hubby went for a sperm test, he has varicocele , <1percent morph, 17motility..dr chris straight away asked my hubby go for operation, n also said i have ando something need to clean my womb cuz swelling,oso wan me to go for op...we were totally devastated....so we went to Dr Peter chew for second opinion, hesaid i dun need to go for op but hubby needs to go for varicocele repair, to improve sperms quality...i still feel doubtful abt operation, so we went to Dr Loh, he said both no need ops...whew...my tcm doc said it is quite impossible to get pregnant naturally with the sperm results...without waiting, early this year, we went so-iui ,failed...wanted to proceed with ivf in March, but Dr Loh said i have low ovarian reserve, advised me to eat Dhea n monitor first .... So i started eating Dhea, (ordered from a website).
My hubby was given q10 n some other medicine from Dr Loh since then...we also went to zhong yi for acupuncture once a week (since so iui)...n he ate tcm powder form...he took maca plus cordyceps , walnuts abt 75g/day(known to b v good for sperms) for myself, i took q10,folic,maca,cordyceps,2Brazil nuts daily, egg whites(hard boiled), took a short break from tcm but went acupuncture religiously, no cold drinks completely since started iui...
We had scheduled to see doc this month to see if we can proceed with our ivf....i even got urine infection...
On my day of menses, no menses so i took hpt, to our biggest surprise n shock, i BFP! I cannot believe it! A miracle baby!
some things i did, went for short getaway,
i also prayed hard at the temples, n si ma Lu temple too...i also wan to thank Dr Loh...if he is $$$ face ,he will ask me to proceed with ivf....plus he asked me to take Dhea n i think Dhea helps boost my eggs a lot! that's why i have this miracle baby...hee....

So i wished all the sisters here Good luck n Dont give up! We work so so hard, some many years, some few months, i believe whether by miracle or ivf, we will b parents one day de! Lots baby dust! N Jia you !!!

Miscarriage but there is still hope :) fighting!

Last edited:
Chris chen always asks patients to do op!

Dr sf loh is a man w a gd heart who seriously has our welfare at heart. And yes, he is not a $$$ person. Now w tmc, at times the ex charges r imposed by hospital, esp ivf procedure.

Yes dr chris chen v $$$ operation oriented! Totally dislike :(
but Dr Loh is not only experienced, like u said, welfare first before $$$ for him :) so A lot of credits to him :) i m so fortunate to see him , recommended through a colleague who did ivf with him.

Chris chen always asks patients to do op!

Dr sf loh is a man w a gd heart who seriously has our welfare at heart. And yes, he is not a $$$ person. Now w tmc, at times the ex charges r imposed by hospital, esp ivf procedure.

13dp3dt last night unable to sleep... whole night cramping n backaches n spotting as well.... is it normal?? Anyone experience it before?? 13 days already shouldnt spotting already ma??

Zaan, if you are spotting, would you consider doing a HPT? Today is already d13pd3. Can test already. If positive and still spotting, at least you can go back to clinic and ask for some support if spotting hasn't stopped.

hi all,nice to find you all in this forum..its very comforting in the process of this journey..i have also having low egg count(afc 6) and hubby having poor sa quantity n morphorlogy..
hi bliswiful,yr story is very comforting and congrats to you for bfp. can i check for dhea,you ordered from iherhs?how long ittake fo reach you in sg upon successful online ordering? how many mg a day are u taking....i am contemplating to take dhea but am worried pn e side effects

hi all,nice to find you all in this forum..its very comforting in the process of this journey..i have also having low egg count(afc 6) and hubby having poor sa quantity n morphorlogy..
hi bliswiful,yr story is very comforting and congrats to you for bfp. can i check for dhea,you ordered from iherhs?how long ittake fo reach you in sg upon successful online ordering? how many mg a day are u taking....i am contemplating to take dhea but am worried pn e side effects

I took DHEA bought from iherb . Life extension brand (this brand of vitamins sold usually through Drs in sg).
Took it for 3 months before ivf. Coupled with my tcm accupunture treatment.
It helped to improve quality of eggs usually not so much to increase count.

thanks joie, was advised by sf loh to take to see if can increase the number of follicle count before start of ivf..my afc count was 6, am 37 yrs old liao and we have to do icsi as e sa results was very bad..did anyone bfp with afc of 6? feeling pretty worried n stress with e pre icsi preparation..

thanks joie, was advised by sf loh to take to see if can increase the number of follicle count before start of ivf..my afc count was 6, am 37 yrs old liao and we have to do icsi as e sa results was very bad..did anyone bfp with afc of 6? feeling pretty worried n stress with e pre icsi preparation..

Congrats bilswifu. Am inspired by your story . Take care n have a safe nine months ahead.

Where did u purchase maca n cordyceps gal. N how long in prep for yr mar cycle did u start all these. Thanks

Did bt beta hcg in private clinic oso rslt negative oso...
Yes u r right dhea i ordered from i herbs...my hubby used DHL, so i received it within a week. I took one tablet in morning n one at night...25mg each..btw i have one opened dhea 21st century brand to give for free..i ate almost half bottle liao...expiry 10/16 considered brand new since i just started eating last month...so if u dun mind n not fussy, u can pm me n take it for free...i do have one new unopened de but someone might want to buy it so i update again.
Actually so far i didnt experience any side effects...so i think if u seen Dr Loh n he asked u to eat means can eat...
What i felt went different this time after taking dhea was my ovulation came on the dot, day 14,usually day15/16 (with tcm n acupuncture ) plus i noticed v v thick n long egg white mucus...i gave tcm powder form a break last month so i think dhea did contribute a lot?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Congrats bilswifu. Am inspired by your story . Take care n have a safe nine months ahead.

Where did u purchase maca n cordyceps gal. N how long in prep for yr mar cycle did u start all these. Thanks
Thank u dear! Actually my hubby n i was advised by Dr Xiong Ying from thomson chinese medicine to take maca n cordyceps .so we bought from thomson chinese medicine...not v cheap but i trust them...
For me, i been preparing over a year plus with normal tcm n monthly acupuncture plus folic. Added q10,maca,cordyceps,dhea,egg whites,brazil nuts, intensive acupuncture for approx 2-3months when i started my so iui...i also tried Dr Zou for acupuncture but only 3-4 sessions...hub wise has been taking western plus chinese medicine n for 3months before we get this miracle bb :)

Last edited:
hi bliswifu did you just bfp??? congrats! am with loh as well and taking dhea as well and low reserve as well - lot in common :)
one question: is it ok to mix maca and dhea? did you ask loh before taking it??
tia

hi bliswifu did you just bfp??? congrats! am with loh as well and taking dhea as well and low reserve as well - lot in common :)
one question: is it ok to mix maca and dhea? did you ask loh before taking it??
tia
Hehee thanks dear! I dont know if can mix i dun dare to ask Dr loh haha...but my tcm doctor said is perfectly ok...just take 3 hours apart :)
So all my western medicine q10 folic dhea i take together, maca cordyceps 3hours later together, didnt continue the chinese powder form after started dhea though..

Actually im thinking these 2 days y I bled... is it bcox I start work too soon ?? Mc given till 11 apr yet I started on 3 apr... boss keep telling mi to go back even earlier... go back still keep calling mi to squat down , climb up n down ... or is it he stress mi telling mi hes converting mi to part time n cutting down my pay by 1/3.. or is it jux plain unsuccessful implantation... sigh ... really need to find out e reasons so tt my 2nd attempt will b a success...

Actually im thinking these 2 days y I bled... is it bcox I start work too soon ?? Mc given till 11 apr yet I started on 3 apr... boss keep telling mi to go back even earlier... go back still keep calling mi to squat down , climb up n down ... or is it he stress mi telling mi hes converting mi to part time n cutting down my pay by 1/3.. or is it jux plain unsuccessful implantation... sigh ... really need to find out e reasons so tt my 2nd attempt will b a success...
Jia you Zaan!! We will think why always...but sometimes really hard to find out why...just think u already tried ur v v best...if really failed, there is next cycle where is another chance n restart again....bb dust to u!

bliswifu i was going through your previous posts sorry but i realize YOU BFPED NATURALLY???!!! this is really amazing you must be so happy!
do you mind sharing? how old are you? and how many follicules you had when loh told you cannot proceed to ivf cause too low reserve
last but not least how many maca pills you took?
right now am taking 75 mg dhea a day have not dared taking royal jelly or maca dont know the dosage
tia

Hehee Gigi yes actually going ivf liao but so surprised hehee...
I m 31 years old...married 4years liao...2nd day menses scanned,Dr Loh said abt 3 follicles? N one seemed leftover from so-iui... As in matured...i took dhea (from i herbs) one in morning one night,25mg each...so total 50mg..maca n cordyceps i bought from thomson chinese medicine Dr Xiong Ying recommended me n hubby to take together...is pill form...so once in morning, once at night...q10 i bought from Dr Loh office, only once a day so i will eat tog with dhea n folic...night time eat one more time dhea... :)
Most imptly, dun give up! Everyone will b parents de ! Our hard work will pay off!!

Back