IVF/ICSI Support Group

If can, for maca n cordyceps, still better consult a tcm doctor...cause diff body different...mine is more of the colder side...hope that helps :)

Hi Bliswifu, thanks for yr kind offer! On 2nd thoughts, I think I will give dhea a miss and just eat e multivitamin and regular exercise regime. My amh was okay value but dunno y afc count was low. But really happy for u to be naturally n no need to go through e ivf process! Njoy e motherhood journey and I hope I can join u in the motherhood journey too n also best of luck to those hopeful ladies over here.

Hi gigi, nice to know u here too! When r u starting yr ivf cycle?
Can anyone advise
e egg whites is taken during which part of the if program? Before injections, during injection or after egg transfer? What is it for? Only take e egg white and not e egg yolk or take e whole egg?

I actually ordered my DHEA from DHEA.com but the parcel didn't get through custom clearance and was returned to DHEA. Perhaps it's really banned in sg .. I have not tried iherb .. Cos I later found out that DHEA is not so suitable for PCOS like me..

@connie_hopeful l ll start next af dont Know exactly 2 weeks or so
It Will be ivf #3 ****sigh***
Egg white take during stim some gals take up to 4 a day after ER And ET not so sure if needed
Yellow you can have but bad for cholestérol level so better not
Tc

Hi Bliswifu, thanks for yr kind offer! On 2nd thoughts, I think I will give dhea a miss and just eat e multivitamin and regular exercise regime. My amh was okay value but dunno y afc count was low. But really happy for u to be naturally n no need to go through e ivf process! Njoy e motherhood journey and I hope I can join u in the motherhood journey too n also best of luck to those hopeful ladies over here.

Hi gigi, nice to know u here too! When r u starting yr ivf cycle?
Can anyone advise
e egg whites is taken during which part of the if program? Before injections, during injection or after egg transfer? What is it for? Only take e egg white and not e egg yolk or take e whole egg?

Egg whites taken during tww for me. 2 egg whites per day. I didn eat the yolk. If you think you won't get sick of it daily for tww you can start earlier during stim stage. Maybe 1 per day during stim stage.

Connie_hopeful: the egg whites is meant to provide protein. Cheapest and easiest source of protein. Usually just eat the white as some ladies do quite a few daily. To start when stim to provide protein for eggs to grow. Good luck.

joie, u bought dhea from iherb? recently? asking as there is a notice on iherb that say sg dun allow leh.

Hi if you are keen I have a brand new bottle of dhea from life extension to give away.. can't eat it anymore since I am now preggy.
Pm me and we can decide how to meet up

Hi ladies

Am new here.. Just went for my appt with Dr HH Tan/KKHIVF.. Advised to dive straight into IVF due to my age (am 39 this Jul) and hubby's sperm quality (5.5mil) being on the moderate low side.. We're still considering this as we'd really like to try IUI first.. Scope shows I have good qty of reserves but will know exact after my blood test results and review in 3 weeks..

We've not totally given up hope as we just got back from our vacation where we worked real hard and hope to have good news.. Nothing confirmed till Fri.. Keeping our fingers crossed and praying real hard that our vacation project will be successful.. ;)

Reactions: Pkp
hi rachelt,
maybi u try a few mths natural first at near your ovulution dates. 5.5mil still not very bad..mine case we didnt hit million, but just less than 100 count n bad morphalogy,seek 3 doc opinion all say natural not possible.. so yrs maybi not so bad n yr reserves are good, no harm to relax n give natural a try

hi rachelt,
maybi u try a few mths natural first at near your ovulution dates. 5.5mil still not very bad..mine case we didnt hit million, but just less than 100 count n bad morphalogy,seek 3 doc opinion all say natural not possible.. so yrs maybi not so bad n yr reserves are good, no harm to relax n give natural a try

Hi Connie

We've actually been trying for the past 3+ years.. On TCM for close to 2 years.. So let's see if our "project" is successful.. Results should be put by Sat.. Fingers crossed

this bb thingy is reali haiz, i also veri fan by it. been trying for 5 yrs , 2 yrs ago see doc then found out the prob lies with little sperms..all e Best rachel!

joie, thanks for your offer! i dare not try leh cos i have quite a few allergies and am not sure how my body will react with dhea. you have a smooth journey and enjoy mamhood ya!

i guess i have no choice but to try ivf ..doc says chances are not high for us even with ivf, guess just have to pray hard..
am oso like u waiting for miracle in this mth for natural..else will go ivf in 1 to 3 mths time for our condiition where doc all say natural not possible n we been trying for 5 yrs liao, dunno if i am braved enough for it though..

Can i check did anyone do hpt on 11dpd3t?

I am very tempted to test but scare it will be too early. My beta is 15th april. Next tues.

Can i check did anyone do h
pt on 11dpd3t?

I am very tempted to test but scare it will be too early. My beta is 15th april. Next tues.
For me it's 8dpd5t. BT also next Tues. I don't have the courage to test.. :rolleyes:

I did hpt on 7dp5dt n got a faint positive.
I was too anxious n decided to prepare myself by testing first so at least I will be able to take it better.
My BT was 10dp5dt. Bfp.
Good luck ladies

i guess i have no choice but to try ivf ..doc says chances are not high for us even with ivf, guess just have to pray hard..
am oso like u waiting for miracle in this mth for natural..else will go ivf in 1 to 3 mths time for our condiition where doc all say natural not possible n we been trying for 5 yrs liao, dunno if i am braved enough for it though..

Ya.. Guess we'll hvta somewhat make a decision by the time we see him in May.. Should IUI/IVF be necessary, we'll hvta do it soon to enjoy the CO-pay scheme by the gvnt.. Next year I'm not entitled liao.. Stress ar..

Let's jiayou together.. Fingers crossed.. Pray hard.. Miracles happen to those who believe..

For me it's 8dpd5t. BT also next Tues. I don't have the courage to test.. :rolleyes:
Sumiko83, i also got no courage... you did yours at kkh?

But becos i got no symptoms at all except once in a while i got some cramping like AF is coming...

I am so curious to find out.

Kay4414, your is blastocyst stage so i think beta is earlier...

Sumiko83, i also got no courage... you did yours at kkh?

But becos i got no symptoms at all except once in a while i got some cramping like AF is coming...

I am so curious to find out.

Kay4414, your is blastocyst stage so i think beta is earlier...
Yes I did mine at kkh under dr matthew lau. For me, it's on and off cramp and bloatedness. Not much symptoms too.

I did hpt on 7dp5dt n got a faint positive.
I was too anxious n decided to prepare myself by testing first so at least I will be able to take it better.
My BT was 10dp5dt. Bfp.
Good luck ladies
Mine also 5dt. So if wanna test, tmr is 9dp5dt. So consider accurate alrd? V gan cheong. :eek:

Hi all, I am going for my first scan and injection tomorrow at kk. This is my first try at ivf and am with Dr Sadhana. Although my blood test show that I have good egg reserve, Dr Sadhana decided to do a scan to check my ovaries when I told her that my IUI which was done in private hospital did not get much eggs. Ended up after the scan, she said my ovaries are slightly smaller than normal people which mean egg reserve not so ideal. So she say there is discrepancy with the blood test. I also dunno why this happens. Initially Dr Sadhana suggested IUI but after the scan she suggested I do ivf so that my ovaries don't get "too tired" if I were to start fr IUI. Hope everything turns out well for my first cycle.

I am on blackmores conceive well & occasionally take the raspberry tea. So for the egg white, do u all take it as hard boil egg? As for DHEA, does it help to improve the quality of eggs?

Hi all, I am going for my first scan and injection tomorrow at kk. This is my first try at ivf and am with Dr Sadhana. Although my blood test show that I have good egg reserve, Dr Sadhana decided to do a scan to check my ovaries when I told her that my IUI which was done in private hospital did not get much eggs. Ended up after the scan, she said my ovaries are slightly smaller than normal people which mean egg reserve not so ideal. So she say there is discrepancy with the blood test. I also dunno why this happens. Initially Dr Sadhana suggested IUI but after the scan she suggested I do ivf so that my ovaries don't get "too tired" if I were to start fr IUI. Hope everything turns out well for my first cycle.

I am on blackmores conceive well & occasionally take the raspberry tea. So for the egg white, do u all take it as hard boil egg? As for DHEA, does it help to improve the quality of eggs?
Hi hopeful 13, am new to this grp. yes dhea helps to improve the quality of eggs. I am taking as well. My gynae in private hospital gave me this as well together with vitamin e. Me too will be going kkh soon for my 1st consult. :)

Hi @hopeful13..

All the best for you upcoming procedures.. :)

Hi hopeful 13, am new to this grp. yes dhea helps to improve the quality of eggs. I am taking as well. My gynae in private hospital gave me this as well together with vitamin e. Me too will be going kkh soon for my 1st consult. :)

Hi @Pkp

Thought I read somewhere DHEA's banned in SG.. Did your gynae prescribe it to you?

Last edited:
Hi @Pkp

Thought I read somewhere DHEA's banned in SG.. Did your prescribe it to you?
Ya i oso read in the thread that it was banned. But i been taking since last oct till now wz the prescription of my gynae. U have the intention of taking it? Maybe you can try ask ur gynae for advise? It could be under strict law n only prescribe by dr then we can take.

Ya i oso read in the thread that it was banned. But i been taking since last oct till now wz the prescription of my gynae. U have the intention of taking it? Maybe you can try ask ur gynae for advise? It could be under strict law n only prescribe by dr then we can take.

Dunno leh.. If gynae prescribe I guess it'll be OK since controlled.. I've stopped seeing my regular gynae for some time.. Wasn't prepared for IUI back then.. So went TCM instead.. Let's see my test results during my next appt @ KKIVF.. When's your appt with KK?

Dunno leh.. If gynae prescribe I guess it'll be OK since controlled.. I've stopped seeing my regular gynae for some time.. Wasn't prepared for IUI back then.. So went TCM instead.. Let's see my test results during my next appt @ KKIVF.. When's your appt with KK?
@ rachelt. My 1st appt on 30 apr. I wanna get 2nd opinion. My private gynae gave me the last resort to ivf. Then again in private is ex n not much subsidy. I got advice from all ladies out there to try kkh.
Wat treatment u doing on tcm?

@ rachelt. My 1st appt on 30 apr. I wanna get 2nd opinion. My private gynae gave me the last resort to ivf. Then again in private is ex n not much subsidy. I got advice from all ladies out there to try kkh.
Wat treatment u doing on tcm?
Ya.. Now govt co-pay for IVF but only at 3 hospitals.. SGH.. KKH.. NUH.. But must do before 40 years old.. After that only can use medisave.. That's what triggered us to quickly go try cos I'm already 39.. Left 1 year only.. Which doctor you gonna see at KK?
I'm seeing TCM to tiao my body.. Am the cooling type and my basal charting used to be all over the place.. Now stabilize liao.. At least can see the right "pattern".. Hubby is also taking.. His sperm count's low but after abt 1.5 years his count increased by 1.5mil.. Btw.. Mine's those real herbs boil type..

Ya.. Now govt co-pay for IVF but only at 3 hospitals.. SGH.. KKH.. NUH.. But must do before 40 years old.. After that only can use medisave.. That's what triggered us to quickly go try cos I'm already 39.. Left 1 year only.. Which doctor you gonna see at KK?
I'm seeing TCM to tiao my body.. Am the cooling type and my basal charting used to be all over the place.. Now stabilize liao.. At least can see the right "pattern".. Hubby is also taking.. His sperm count's low but after abt 1.5 years his count increased by 1.5mil.. Btw.. Mine's those real herbs boil type..
I will be seeing Dr Lau after hearing the good comments on him. :)

I will be seeing Dr Lau after hearing the good comments on him. :)
That's good.. We're seeing Dr HH Tan.. Recommended by the Sinseh.. Very nice doctor.. Patient and bothers to explain till we understand type.. And the most impt thing for us since we don't have a regular gynae is that he's willing to follow through the whole process till delivery and not anti-TCM..

That's good.. We're seeing Dr HH Tan.. Recommended by the Sinseh.. Very nice doctor.. Patient and bothers to explain till we understand type.. And the most impt thing for us since we don't have a regular gynae is that he's willing to follow through the whole process till delivery and not anti-TCM..
Great! When will u be seeing Dr Tan?
Actually me quite hesitant to go ivf probably is me not decisive enuf. My sis oso advise me to give myself some time n maybe a holiday to calm myself down wz hubby. How i actuali end up seek ivf is that we been trying for 2 yrs plus then sense something could be wrong leh so we went check up. Then gynae discover my hubby's got something like blockage n sperm quality no good. He went for op then after he's back to normal. As for me he check that my egg quality no good n uterus bend backwards n nw leads to ivf after many rounds of tests. I was quite shock as i have a boy age 12 nw (1st marriage), nvr expect myself need to go for this. Then again, mine is at private hospital n is costly. Then i got many ladies in the grp to advise go kkh. Nice pple i met. :)

Great! When will u be seeing Dr Tan?
Actually me quite hesitant to go ivf probably is me not decisive enuf. My sis oso advise me to give myself some time n maybe a holiday to calm myself down wz hubby. How i actuali end up seek ivf is that we been trying for 2 yrs plus then sense something could be wrong leh so we went check up. Then gynae discover my hubby's got something like blockage n sperm quality no good. He went for op then after he's back to normal. As for me he check that my egg quality no good n uterus bend backwards n nw leads to ivf after many rounds of tests. I was quite shock as i have a boy age 12 nw (1st marriage), nvr expect myself need to go for this. Then again, mine is at private hospital n is costly. Then i got many ladies in the grp to advise go kkh. Nice pple i met. :)
Our 2nd appt will be on 2 May. Waiting for all the test results. Or previous gynae actually advised us to go for IUI cos hubby has got bad shaped swimmers, but we weren't ready for it then. That was 3 years ago. Instead we went for TCM while TTC naturally. But still can't. After reading on the CO-pay age cap, we decided to go for it. Sekali now IUI also can't do liao. Gynae says hubby's SA quality fail (qty dropped from 11mil (2011) to 4mil (2012) and 5.5mil (2013)) + my age (39yo). IUI will be abit wasted cos chances too low. Am hesitant cos afraid of side effects. But after thinking and talking about it, we decided if really IVF is the only way than we shall try. Now just hope my test results show good quality reserves, and hopefully don't hvta to thru any jabs, just oral med.

Have you tried TCM for your eggs issue? Actually 3 years ago my gynae told me I have 3 eggs so not bad. But on Tue when I saw Dr Tan, I have more than that. He say many but needa check quality now to confirm.

Our 2nd appt will be on 2 May. Waiting for all the test results. Or previous gynae actually advised us to go for IUI cos hubby has got bad shaped swimmers, but we weren't ready for it then. That was 3 years ago. Instead we went for TCM while TTC naturally. But still can't. After reading on the CO-pay age cap, we decided to go for it. Sekali now IUI also can't do liao. Gynae says hubby's SA quality fail (qty dropped from 11mil (2011) to 4mil (2012) and 5.5mil (2013)) + my age (39yo). IUI will be abit wasted cos chances too low. Am hesitant cos afraid of side effects. But after thinking and talking about it, we decided if really IVF is the only way than we shall try. Now just hope my test results show good quality reserves, and hopefully don't hvta to thru any jabs, just oral med.

Have you tried TCM for your eggs issue? Actually 3 years ago my gynae told me I have 3 eggs so not bad. But on Tue when I saw Dr Tan, I have more than that. He say many but needa check quality now to confirm.

U cannot check on egg quality base on scan. I would suggest to go for ivf ASAP. Age is a big factor in ivf. The younger u do the higher the success rate. After 40 success rate drop tremendously even for ivf. If u are going through ivf, u definitely will need jabs and it is not as scary as you thought to be. Now with the govt grant n medisave u do not need to fork out much cash for ivf.

If u are having problem, seek help from a fertility expert n not just a normal gynae. I wasted one yr on one.

U cannot check on egg quality base on scan. I would suggest to go for ivf ASAP. Age is a big factor in ivf. The younger u do the higher the success rate. After 40 success rate drop tremendously even for ivf. If u are going through ivf, u definitely will need jabs and it is not as scary as you thought to be. Now with the govt grant n medisave u do not need to fork out much cash for ivf.

If u are having problem, seek help from a fertility expert n not just a normal gynae. I wasted one yr on one.
Ya lor.. That's why next visit we should be able to decide liao.. Gonna be a chop chop decision.. BTW.. Any idea what the hormone blood test will be tested on?

TCM can help in eggs issue? Any to recoomend?

TCM can help in eggs issue? Any to recoomend?
The sinseh I went to is very popular.. Have success cases for ladies who almost menopause but managed to get pregnant type.. Mark Lee's babies also due to her medication..

康得美 (Beauty & Health)
38 Upper Cross Street S058341
Tel: 6534 4208
陈秋梅医师

She's only there on Mon, Wed and Fri. Appt highly recommended..

What time's your appt? I waited 3.5 hours on Tue for my first appt.. Starving like mad..
Appt was at 10. Reach here at 945 & finally done at 115. Saw some angry couple.. Must have waited very long too. Now shall diligently do my jab until my next scan!

Appt was at 10. Reach here at 945 & finally done at 115. Saw some angry couple.. Must have waited very long too. Now shall diligently do my jab until my next scan!
I think the delay no choice.. I asked the nurse also.. She said sometimes just can't control especially when there're transfer cases..

Anyway.. I'm glad you're done.. Can go makan and relax liao.. All the best ya.. And update us regularly :)

For my case is i got 1 to 2 eggs every cycle which my gynae says is good. My last 2 cycles my gynae gave me jab n oso oral med to boost the stimulation but no use. Haiz...
Sometimes cannot don't believe in the sayings that we hvta deal internally to have better health.. I'm a good example of someone who don't believe but still went ahead (desperate liao) and try and hv better health after :)

Back