IVF/ICSI Support Group

15k, is our own medisave money. So 40 yrs n beyond can still use.

But then, if go pte hospitals, just one fresh cycle will wipe out the 15k cap per life time. May not be enough too.

For restructured hospital, may be barely enough for 2 fresh cycles if one cycle is at 8k average.

I dun think there's a need to define which r restructured hospitals.
thx jklim4642 for the info ;)

Janice,

I am sorry to hear that what had happened to you and I agreed with Ron that a proper and courtesy explanation should be given to you rather than make you wait for another 3 weeks to see the doctor. It is already a shock news yet they didn't manage it properly leaving the patient puzzling and fear by itself.

By the way, I would like to share some info here based on my own experience in kkh ivf centre:

(1) I am also one of the low eggs "producer". There was one time Dr. TanHH told me even I produce more follicles, it won't guarantee that every follicle got egg. So, the number of follicles are not equal to number of eggs. Some maybe empty. It could be not mature yet or too small, etc.

(2) The initial scan means "first scan before start stimulation" will show cyst presence if there is any. If that is the case, the ultrasound technician should inform the review doctor. The Ultrasound technician read the measurement and description what he/she read from ultrasound screen and write in the report and the doctor will see the report together with others such as your history, medical condition, etc. There is also a chance for a cyst develop along the way during the stimulation period. If it is not too big and hinder your procedure, it should not be an issue. I also have cysts in the past and was advised in the same way.

(3) I was told that the stimulation period can't be dragged for too long. I had the same view as jklim's before - wait for the rest follicles to grow bigger. However, Dr. Tan asked me not to gamble else I will lose it all. It could be my case only?? Nevertheless, I was glad that I followed his advise accordingly.

For now, I would like you to calm down first before you do anything. I know it is easier to say than done. Give a call to the hospital later that you would like to speak to the doctor in charge or ask them to slot in earlier appointment date. Tell them your feeling and this is important to you. Try to manage it in win win situation.

I hope the above helps. :)
Thanks nikomichi. I'll call them after I'm ready or probably best if I can email the doc Abt my concern. Hub said SGH system may not suit us. My 1st fresh was with KKH n didn't get a very good impression for me too. That's why I had decided to go to CARE though it's private n more costly.

KKH: I was with sadahna. b4 I start my cycle I was required to go through scans n BT to make sure everything is clear b4 they can start me. Report came back that I hv unicorn womb (which I was very puzzled) n I cannot have twins since my womb will not be big enough for twins n they will not survive beyond 3 months if it happens and made me go for another scan to make sure I hv 2 kidneys instead of 1. During my ET, without checking my condition n the quality of eggs, dr sadahna only wanted to transfer 1 embryos n I asked for 3. Only after she check my report again that she agreed to transfer 3. After my failed cycle, I went to see her n asked her why with my so many scans n checked previously, non of my previous doc n reports show that I've unicorn womb? She ordered for a 3D scan for me n told me will call me back. After the said date which she didn't call me n I called back nobody answer the phone. She called me personally the next day n told me I dun hv unicorn womb & keep repeating what might be the cause of the wrong report (made me wonder could they hv taken the wrong report).

This time I went SGH, Dr 1st thing check my report n said I've unicorn womb which I told her no. Went for another scan n said I've a heart shape womb n said it's not a problem for me to conceive with my age, I won't have multiples anyway. Hub n I find it very amusing cos she knows we have a daughter from IVF, so we told her ya we know cos we have a daughter.... Another thing is KKH didn't update my latest report n maintain the record of the 1st scan? This is how the govt hospitals work?

Last edited:
Actually, the only kkivf dr i trust is dr sf loh. Under him, i m confident i m in gd care. He delivered belle in tmc as i was 32 wks when he left kkivf. But he has now left kkivf. If i do get pregnant this round, i m vexed who i will see. I dun like tmc n the house pd there. So, i may just buy time n see how it goes. Mayb even see both drs. Coz i understand dr tan's apptment after first 2 scans is as Long as 6 wks apart. His delivery skills r good but experience wise, still cant compare to dr loh.

Actually, the only kkivf dr i trust is dr sf loh. Under him, i m confident i m in gd care. He delivered belle in tmc as i was 32 wks when he left kkivf. But he has now left kkivf. If i do get pregnant this round, i m vexed who i will see. I dun like tmc n the house pd there. So, i may just buy time n see how it goes. Mayb even see both drs. Coz i understand dr tan's apptment after first 2 scans is as Long as 6 wks apart. His delivery skills r good but experience wise, still cant compare to dr loh.
Heard Dr Loh also those bo chap type? N the waiting time is super long too....

Hahaha i think consultation wise, dr loh sometimes depends in mood ba. He can be chatty at times and sometimes we hv to throw qns. :) Somehow my hub likes him, as compared to those earlier gynae we saw.

So far i am ok with him except for the waiting time!!!

Dr Loh not say bo chap but he is very direct and matter of fact. Not the sort who will offer sweet words to please our hearts. So to some he come across as cold and aloof. But i am ok as i know his style. And actually he does care for his patients. When i was in difficult 1st tri, i went ot him as he was my ivf doc in kkh, he gave me all the supports he could. Its very different from his days at KKH but then he explained its becos at kkh his hands are tied. That may be also why in his kkh days some people find him unhelpful.

I am not singing praises of Dr Loh, just sharing my experience. Like Hazel, if preggy i also wonder if i will go back to him. Maybe if my pregnancy smooth i will. Otherwsie KKH better for complicated pregnancy which was my case previously.

Hazel, i was straddling between Dr Loh and Dr Tan wor. I purposely kept my file at KKH opened in case of complications or preterm labour. Its cheaper at KKH even Dr Loh tells me so not to go to TMC if early birth. He even tell me choose ward class B, no TV never mind, watch on ipad, haha

Janice that must b so awful for u...i cannot imagine going through all those injections in the end they just never tell u why or what happened!!! I just had a failed iui....already 16dpiui still no sight of menses...anyone has such experience? Confirmed not preg oso cuz i did a bt on 14dpiui...sigh now cannot start next cycle becuz menses not here...

He bochap? Not to me defintely. He is the most dedicated dr i hv come across!

When he was bk in kkh, after 2 miscarriages, 3rd pregnancy, i requested to see him every 2 wks in first tri despite his super biz schedule. He was ok though he told me if it was meant to miscarry, he cant do a thing. But if it gives me a pc of mind, he will see me. In 2nd tri, it was 3 wks interval. Not like last time, 4~6 wks interval. He gives all his patients his personal email address. Even when he was holidaying in canada, he replied me. My last aborted FET in kkh in jan 2014, i wrote an email to him seeking his advise. He replied me.

In his last few wks in kkh, he saw patients to 11pm when all his patienrs suddenly want to see him.

I was warded in tmc at 36 wks on 2nd day of cny. He was bk home in kl, replied to me he will b back in his clinic on 4th day of cny. That v night i was warded, he appeared at my ward at 8plus pm!!

When my daughted was warded in nicu in tmc, i told him i dun trust the pd. Can he go n see my daughter, assessed her conditions n share with me his views. He did.

He is a good doctor with a good heart n accomodating. He nv turn me away, as long as i can wait, without appt he will see ne too. He may look disconnected at times as his mind has too much things. Just bring him back, is fine w me.

Personally I dunno Abt dr loh, anyway if I really want for my next round will definitely go back to CARE. Hub said he'll not go back SGH anymore.

Val, clinic can check for us upon payment but not sure b4 that can they check.

Thanks nikomichi. I'll call them after I'm ready or probably best if I can email the doc Abt my concern. Hub said SGH system may not suit us. My 1st fresh was with KKH n didn't get a very good impression for me too. That's why I had decided to go to CARE though it's private n more costly.

KKH: I was with sadahna. b4 I start my cycle I was required to go through scans n BT to make sure everything is clear b4 they can start me. Report came back that I hv unicorn womb (which I was very puzzled) n I cannot have twins since my womb will not be big enough for twins n they will not survive beyond 3 months if it happens and made me go for another scan to make sure I hv 2 kidneys instead of 1. During my ET, without checking my condition n the quality of eggs, dr sadahna only wanted to transfer 1 embryos n I asked for 3. Only after she check my report again that she agreed to transfer 3. After my failed cycle, I went to see her n asked her why with my so many scans n checked previously, non of my previous doc n reports show that I've unicorn womb? She ordered for a 3D scan for me n told me will call me back. After the said date which she didn't call me n I called back nobody answer the phone. She called me personally the next day n told me I dun hv unicorn womb & keep repeating what might be the cause of the wrong report (made me wonder could they hv taken the wrong report).

This time I went SGH, Dr 1st thing check my report n said I've unicorn womb which I told her no. Went for another scan n said I've a heart shape womb n said it's not a problem for me to conceive with my age, I won't have multiples anyway. Hub n I find it very amusing cos she knows we have a daughter from IVF, so we told her ya we know cos we have a daughter.... Another thing is KKH didn't update my latest report n maintain the record of the 1st scan? This is how the govt hospitals work?

Janice, no wonder why you have bad impression about KKH. Well, I am not siding them nor their system is the best among all. I was supposed to be with Dr. Loh but didn't manage to do IVF as he half way gone with the wind to TMC. Dr. Loh always encourage me to try naturally. I choose to stay with kkh because I lazy to start all over telling them my story again and going through all the lab tests which are quite a numbers. In addition, I was coping with my new career...that was 6 years back... :(

After Dr. Loh left, the nurse in charge called me and asked me to choose either Dr. Tan or Dr. Sardhana. Then, I start to do some research about their backgrounds and then I chose Dr. TanHH. So far, managed to pregnant one time but miscarriage after that. However, I find that he understand my case well. He is very open minded and he is willing to take in input from patient and he is more attentive. For this IVF procedure, I negotiated with him to increase the dosage half way even he got his plan to grow it slowly but in my view, it is too slow and I think my body will cope well. For the last IVF procedure, I got side effect, swollen in knees, joints and neck. So, he also take note what are the drugs work for me and what are not. I also feedback to him what are the error the staff made, he explained to me personally and his staff apologised to me. So, I guess I can place my trust with them. Of course, not every human is perfect even myself.

I like Dr Tan too. When I see him post childbirth review and after 1 yr .. He still remember and ask how is my boy doing. Then share parenting tips with me and rest my fears about another pregnancy.

I actually had an emergency csect and couldn't choose docs. Dr Tan was away too but he came to the OT once he could to assess my condition along with the other 2 surgeons. He actually didn't need to come cos I didn't take class A.

[q uote="jklim4642, post: 6848423, member: 58098"]Dr tan has super good bedside manners and ia v accomodating... that's why i went to him and not dr S who is rigid.[/quote]

Dr S! Only go through the motion... I feel...

One sister earlier said her embyro stuck to the tube after ET. Sorry, i am not really convinced. Embyro though live, does not move or jump around. SOunds more like dr S did not put it in the womb in first case since it still sticked to the tube. Luckily saved by the embyrologist.

The dr has to go through the lining to place the embyro inside the womb. I know this coz i asked why FET must take 4 tablets of antibiotics when previously FEt dun under dr Loh's time. that's wat i was told, so there's a chance of infection

Last edited:
Jklim you mean fresh and fet the placing of embryos is at different location? I think after my fresh I was given the 4 antibiotics too to be eaten all at one go. In fact iui they also give me.

Janice that must b so awful for u...i cannot imagine going through all those injections in the end they just never tell u why or what happened!!! I just had a failed iui....already 16dpiui still no sight of menses...anyone has such experience? Confirmed not preg oso cuz i did a bt on 14dpiui...sigh now cannot start next cycle becuz menses not here...

Were u on any progesterone support? If yes it will delay menses after stopping the support.

Fresh cycle, defintely cross the womb lining during ER process.

But FET, I thought dun since no ER, coz previously i did not take antibiotics. So i asked n the review dr shared that ET also cross the lining so also has risk of infection

Tavismummy, you mention yr progesterone level was high? How high is consider high? This was before your transfer or after transfer when dr tan tested your progesterone?

My progesterone level is high during the tww and I don't see a good sign since you mention too high no good right?

Headache. Low no good high also no good. What can we do.

Tavismummy, you mention yr progesterone level was high? How high is consider high? This was before your transfer or after transfer when dr tan tested your progesterone?

My progesterone level is high during the tww and I don't see a good sign since you mention too high no good right?

Headache. Low no good high also no good. What can we do.
I thought high is good? We are always giving lots of progesterone support to boost progesterone level after ET

Yes I google also cannot find. :( and what is the reading like? I see some is two digits some is decimal and some is hundreds. The unit is different and usually I don't know those online forum what unit their progesterone reading is in.

Pink, thanks. If not i confirm will fail meh... coz these progesterone is making me sick! Since yesterday i feel breathless.

At a seminar, must sit thru out the day.. cannot stand.. making me feel even worse.

Pink, thanks. If not i confirm will fail meh... coz these progesterone is making me sick! Since yesterday i feel breathless.

At a seminar, must sit thru out the day.. cannot stand.. making me feel even worse.

My prog supports just make me feel tired and sleepy all day. And bloatedness too. And of cos now missing AF after bfn.

Aiyo my butt still with the 'rock' from the progesterone jabs from my previous fet.
Juz went to my tcm, she was shock on my case too n said its impossible for me not to hv eggs unless I fell sick with high fever or virus infection which I didn't have.

Janices, yes i know, after 3 pregnancy. But i cant lie down at work to soothe the discomfort. I just drank a cup of tea.. wow... now i feel better.. chest tightness loosen a fair bit!

Pink, how much support were u given? W kkivf?

Hm... ur bloatedness sounds really bad... shld be v good signs leh..

No I'm with CARE, novena one.
I was on progynova, crinone inserts and progesterone in oil jabs through 2ww. Tough work. The butt still hurts. As well as the pockets cos the supports cost a bomb.

Wow.. there's alot of support! Luckily i didnt hv all these. Other cyclogest pressie twice a day, i dun hv other progesterone support. If not, confirmed i cant take it!

Lol while I was with care, I was given crinone, progesterone jab, utrogestan, progynova, baby aspirin too n also pregnyl jab every 3 day when I go for BT. My 1st preg was given Fraxi jabs on top of all these too...

i was given baby asprin to eat now till my beta test 1week + later. dont know how does this helps since by now my blastocysts should have already implanted. understand baby asprin is given before cycle right cause it actually helps implantation? thin blood is better than thick blood? always mix up with thin lining thick lining and thin blood and thick blood.

wonder if this baby asprin was prescribed to me after seeing my progesterone level figure (281 nmol/L) to help in anything.

i was given baby asprin to eat now till my beta test 1week + later. dont know how does this helps since by now my blastocysts should have already implanted. understand baby asprin is given before cycle right cause it actually helps implantation? thin blood is better than thick blood? always mix up with thin lining thick lining and thin blood and thick blood.

wonder if this baby asprin was prescribed to me after seeing my progesterone level figure (281 nmol/L) to help in anything.
Baby aspirin is suppose to thin blood to help blood circulation

Back