IVF/ICSI Support Group

Haha jklim I like ur positive thinking! I trf 2. Actually u r right, diff embryo can have diff progress and implant at diff timings. Wa if this happens to me, I'll fly to heaven man...

I think my threshold quite high liao cos many yrs ago my menstrual cramps can be so bad that I roll on the flr and vomit one aiyo can't imagine how I survived those times

Oh michng, so u r at 7dpo preparing for implantation.. maybe the body is calmer at night so embryo can implant? Lol wild guessing

Iwantahealthybaby, I only have cramps and sore boobs left with a little. But the cramps are quite bad esp at night. Din experience this the last 2rds so I hope this is something good!

Hi niko I'm at my 5dp5dt. I'm v relaxed this week haha just enjoying myself. Next wk gg bk to work liao..

Welcome michng u did 2d or 3d trf or 5dt? All the best to u too!

pink martini, sorry to hear abt it. Is this ur 1st cycle? Jiayou for the next, I'm sure I'll come back stronger!

Jklim, which day r u at now? U started to test hpt?

@mbbhopeful, me on day 11 now. Will be going back to work after BT which is on early March. :)

Denmeg, sticky maybe can stick better :) understand the embryologist will always have a double check after doc transfer finish. This is to make sure nothing is left in the instrument. Every embryos are precious to us.

Mbhopeful I agree with jklim, since u transfer two they probably implant diff timing Cause both don't progress same time. How is your blasts grade? Isit hatching? Or expanded? Both equal size?

Rest well pink martini.

This round I think I won't use hpt shall let the bt show me result. Unless menses report early *touchwood*

Denmeg, sticky maybe can stick better :) understand the embryologist will always have a double check after doc transfer finish. This is to make sure nothing is left in the instrument. Every embryos are precious to us.

Mbhopeful I agree with jklim, since u transfer two they probably implant diff timing Cause both don't progress same time. How is your blasts grade? Isit hatching? Or expanded? Both equal size?

Rest well pink martini.

This round I think I won't use hpt shall let the bt show me result. Unless menses report early *touchwood*
I asked the embryologist abt the grading, she said blastocysts are categorized as early or advanced, something like that. Mine is early stage. Will they tell u if it's hatching?

u sure u wun use hpt? Lol maybe u can't resist: )

Mbbhopeful, so far so gd not tempted to even plan when I will test hpt. So keeping this mind towards bt day. Want a positive surprise from KKivf nurse. Erm yes the grading will be early, expanded, hatching or hatched! Lolx. So till date you still don't know your remaining embryos how many are being freeze? Think you same as me during fresh. My blasts back then growing slow so they trf 2 early blasts into me and the rest to day 6 then freeze as they are all growing slowly.

Haha okok pleasant surprise call from nurse will be good too. Now I have no urge to test yet too, maybe next week haha. Oh so your fet trf this rd is what grade? I will only collect the report on bt day to know whether the 2 made it. They better do!

Kekeke same thoughts. This week no urge to test. Hope next week no urge too. Me blasts one of them is hatching and the other is expanded. I don't really know how to see the photo the embryologist has given to me. By right from the cells, cavity and even outer layers we are able to know how good this blasts is. I hope this round I can make it. Hopefully my womb condition is good, no killer cells in me and also hopefully progesterone level and e2 is acceptable too.

Ooo wow hatching is good! Really duno how to see the pic. I showed Dr zou, she said the bigger one is good as it's v round and has no sui pian. But it's just the physical appearance. Quality might differ who knows. I Hope u can make it too! Hope everything (whatever medical terms Lol) are in top shape for bfp.

Went for ER yesterday, but was told no eggs!!!! Anybody encounter this before?

hi janices. sorry to hear dat. its normal some do encounter tht. some manage to retrieve some follicle but no eggs. some manage to have eggs but never survive to ferterlize till egg transfer. its up to him after all...

Janices did they say why? How many follicles? Follicles completely empty or too small to have mature eggs or eggs quality no good? Cos knowing the reason can help tweak the protocol and you have a right to know.

Eg. If eggs too small or immature then might have been a qn of issit trigger too early .. etc ..

Something which I still dun understand till now! I don't get to see the doc after that. I suppose she's suppose to at least tell me what might be the cause? My appt is in 3 weeks time. I wasn't told size, number etc

Chsnge hospital and doctor! If there are follicles, there shld be eggs. We r not even talking abt fertilised embyros yet. Totally unacceptable!

It's true! I really can't accept bit seeing doc on the day and got to wait till 3 weeks later!

This is my 3rd fresh and thinking it will be my last but things happen this way I really dunno what to do already.. From the start till now it never goes smoothly for us in SGH! I wonder could it be due to the med that they made me take last month to stop my menses due to CNY & their centre is closed for that 3 days.

It's true! I really can't accept bit seeing doc on the day and got to wait till 3 weeks later!

This is my 3rd fresh and thinking it will be my last but things happen this way I really dunno what to do already.. From the start till now it never goes smoothly for us in SGH! I wonder could it be due to the med that they made me take last month to stop my menses due to CNY & their centre is closed for that 3 days.

How were your previous 2 fresh cycles? If I were you, I will grab my phone to make an appointment now and also request the hospital to prepare a full report so that I can get a second opinion from other doctors.

How many follicles did u have during your last scan? They can't simply make u wait for 3 weeks!! all the pain from the injections, waiting time spent and govt grant & $$ wasted. Shld really insist to see the doc asap for explanation.

I failed my 1st fresh in kkh, had my daughter now 28 mths old from my 2nd fresh with CARE (private) n successful with my FET with CARE too last year but miscarriage at 8 weeks. I've no more embbies so decided to go to SGH Dr Yu who is also quite popular in IVF & lesser cost too. I only see her 4 times so far. Consultation, signing consent form, to see her for her to tell me to abort my cycle last mth cos of the med to stop my af didn't work on me n the last time, ER. When I woke up she's gone!!!!! I thot I'll get to see her but only the nurse giving us mc, telling next date to see her (3 weeks later)! & make payment.

Hub asked her if want to go another round how to proceed, nurse said must see doc on next appt for advice, doc may not want me to proceed!

Care, is under Paul Tseng right? Try again but pls dun go bk to this dr. U did 2 fresh cycles, one in kkh n one w Care. Both have eggs. No reasons why this round now even one.

How many follicles did u have during your last scan? They can't simply make u wait for 3 weeks!! all the pain from the injections, waiting time spent and govt grant & $$ wasted. Shld really insist to see the doc asap for explanation.
Sigh! During my last scan, an Indian lady scanned for me, she was so rough that I was so painful n jump from the bed! I asked her Abt my scanned results she refused to tell me & said doc will advise which I don't get to see her. I asked the nurse to tell me the result n I was told I hv 2 ready n the rest Abt 5 catching up but slow. And I might hv 1 cyst. We asked how come with the other 2 scans how come the cyst not detected or we not told until now then the cyst suddenly appear? She kept quiet which we understand nurse may not know too.

Care, is under Paul Tseng right? Try again but pls dun go bk to this dr. U did 2 fresh cycles, one in kkh n one w Care. Both have eggs. No reasons why this round now even one.
Jklim, yes CARE under Angela is with Dr Paul Tseng. Yes I had eggs n I was successful both with CARE! If I no MC, I should be delivering these few days

Janices, Paul Tseng is good. I saw him once at his tmc clinic for 2nd opinion. Which was consistent w what dr sf loh told me.

anyhow, i wun bother to go bk sgh. Waste time n money. If there's a cyst, it shld be known at first scan. 2 matured n 5 small follicles. Why proceed w trigger shot instead of waiting. Thats not even 50%. In my first fresh cycle, there's 1 or 2 tt grew super fast. While the rest r slow. I was advised to wait for the rest to catch up. N that one or 2 bigger ones maybe sacrificed if they grow beyond 18~20mm. I only had 8 follicles. So it makes sense to wait for the 6 small ones vs the 2 bigger ones.

Dosage of stimulation med is impt n can be adjusted during the scans if follicles r growing slowly.

Anyway, try again if u wan a sibling for no 1. Getting pregnant is not an issue for u.

Govt grant is for ladies below 40 yrs old at start of a cycle. That means, once hit 40 yrs old, we bear all the cost. Be it cash or medisave.

Govt grant is for ladies below 40 yrs old at start of a cycle. That means, once hit 40 yrs old, we bear all the cost. Be it cash or medisave.
Now Medisave can use upto $15k no matter how many times you used. We used our last bit of $1900 this time round. No more medisave to use already

sorry abit confused. govt grant is nt using medisave? last yr i did my 1st fresh w dr loh, only use medisave. so is it hv to be in govt hospital then can use the grant??

Huh!! No grant abv 40!! 40 still hv bo?? :(

Janices: actually i am still confused how many CARE are there? The Angela CARE and the SGH CARE diff?

Seeing Dr Loh tmr. Dunno if he will want me to remove polyps first.

sorry abit confused. govt grant is nt using medisave? last yr i did my 1st fresh w dr loh, only use medisave. so is it hv to be in govt hospital then can use the grant??
Govt grant = co funding. Last time only public hospital can but now not sure has it change? Medisave meaning you can pay yr procedure fees by medisave upto $15k in total after the co-funding if applicable. Co-funding if I'm not wrong only upto 3 times

Huh!! No grant abv 40!! 40 still hv bo?? :(

Janices: actually i am still confused how many CARE are there? The Angela CARE and the SGH CARE diff?

Seeing Dr Loh tmr. Dunno if he will want me to remove polyps first.
Angela CARE is private, SGH IVF centre also call CARE. Both bearing the same name. BTW Angela n Paul Tseng were from SGH last time, maybe more than 20yrs ago? I was told by the nurses in SGH that Dr Yu, Angela, Paul Tseng were together last time. And someone told me Dr Yu and Angela were partners last tins in CARE (not sure private care or SGH care). Very confusing

There is Centre for Assisted Reproduction Pte Ltd (CARE) in novena which is private and chief embryologist is Angela Ho. The ivf centre in SGH is called SGH Centre for Assisted reproduction (SGH Care) too, and that is government restructured hospital.

Janices,

Oh no!! So sorry to hear.

When I did my last fresh, the lady waiting beside me told me she was doing her 3rd fresh and each time can see several follicles but all empty. Follicles response to stims etc but when at ER all empty, so this does happen

But for you case, I would say too see another doctor. Previously you had, this round you deserve some explantion why all empty suddenly. Perhaps is it thr body but if this case happen, at ER they should have spoken to you or hubby ( if you were still under GA) and quickly inform what happened as professional courtesy. And yes unlikely the cyst would hv suddenly appeared in scan mid way thru stim. They shd have done an all-clear scan of the womb at start of cycle.

Really sad to hear the experience of not being given feedback.

Janices sounds like either poor judgement on handling your case from eggs recruitment till trigger or maybe no eggs due to age. But I feel no matter what .. If no eggs it's serious enough for Dr Yu to see you immediately and not wait 3 more wks. I hear liao very angry for u.

Change clinic. Even kkivf I think will do better. Also go for amh test. That will answer whether issit really no eggs. Then can discuss better with doc be it CARE or anyplace else.

The kkh review dr during my aborted FET last mth shared tt if a follicle is big, chances of having a egg inside is high.

so under dr loh, we w nt able to get gov grant?
medisave we can use u to $15k on matter how old (40 yr onwards) touch wood hopefully ccan get pregnant by then ;) dun rem how much i use up the 1st round for medisave.

Sigh... I feel everything is like in a mess. The last mth when they aborted my cycle, dr said my egg is stronger than the medicine which egg already at 16mm so cannot start stimulation n to wait for next cycle which is this mth to start. I had D3 scan n start jabbing on that day, no sign of cyst (?), on 5th day of jab, had another scan to see if medicine is effecting n I was told by the lady who scanned me that I'm responding very well to the medicine avd even showed me how many I had from the scan. No sign of cyst (?) still. On day 8 which is Monday the Indian lady scanned me n was so rough that it was very painful. She still can asked me when do I start feeling pain n my reply was NOW! In my mind I was thinking the poking so hard will break my eggs or not hahaha... After the scan, she still asked my do I feel pain only left side n I told her no, only now which I think she push too hard. I asked her how's my result, she just replied, doc will tell me.

Waited for a long time, nurse came back to the centre, called my name n said Thursday retrieval which I only have 8 days of jab. When she was going thru the procedure on ER I asked Abt my result, she said 2 growing n ready, doc 'banging' on this 2, the other 2 catching up, the rest (I saw about 4 crosses) very slow. There's 1 which she said could be cyst so can ignore.

Janice,

I am sorry to hear that what had happened to you and I agreed with Ron that a proper and courtesy explanation should be given to you rather than make you wait for another 3 weeks to see the doctor. It is already a shock news yet they didn't manage it properly leaving the patient puzzling and fear by itself.

By the way, I would like to share some info here based on my own experience in kkh ivf centre:

(1) I am also one of the low eggs "producer". There was one time Dr. TanHH told me even I produce more follicles, it won't guarantee that every follicle got egg. So, the number of follicles are not equal to number of eggs. Some maybe empty. It could be not mature yet or too small, etc.

(2) The initial scan means "first scan before start stimulation" will show cyst presence if there is any. If that is the case, the ultrasound technician should inform the review doctor. The Ultrasound technician read the measurement and description what he/she read from ultrasound screen and write in the report and the doctor will see the report together with others such as your history, medical condition, etc. There is also a chance for a cyst develop along the way during the stimulation period. If it is not too big and hinder your procedure, it should not be an issue. I also have cysts in the past and was advised in the same way.

(3) I was told that the stimulation period can't be dragged for too long. I had the same view as jklim's before - wait for the rest follicles to grow bigger. However, Dr. Tan asked me not to gamble else I will lose it all. It could be my case only?? Nevertheless, I was glad that I followed his advise accordingly.

For now, I would like you to calm down first before you do anything. I know it is easier to say than done. Give a call to the hospital later that you would like to speak to the doctor in charge or ask them to slot in earlier appointment date. Tell them your feeling and this is important to you. Try to manage it in win win situation.

I hope the above helps. :)

15k, is our own medisave money. So 40 yrs n beyond can still use.

But then, if go pte hospitals, just one fresh cycle will wipe out the 15k cap per life time. May not be enough too.

For restructured hospital, may be barely enough for 2 fresh cycles if one cycle is at 8k average.

I dun think there's a need to define which r restructured hospitals.

Back