IVF/ICSI Support Group

Congrats pumpkin pie. Feel sooo happy for you.

Portia hugs. Stay strong tiao body and try again.

Sisters am back after a week. Lap on monday by dr tan. Just discharged today as was in pain . He removed one cyst from right ovary though I had 3. He said he cant find the other two. He said if he cut deeper will damage ovary so just removed one. My tubes not so good. The flush was only ok. He said come back 10 weeks to start ivf. Thats my status.

Baby blues how r u. How long did u take to recover from lap. Have u started cycling.

Vivine today bt right. All the best to u.

@Babygrin , who is your doc? Check with him.in your next visit. Not every doc will suggest natural ivf cos it is a more tedious process but dr loh and dr sadhana are vrry supportive.
Hi, you can buy those cheap ovulation test kit online. I ovulate every month
@bs1970, natural ivf ?? is it for those who has little eggs? hmm.. why dr loh did not suggest on my first time ivf (extracted 2 eggs only but only 1 embryo transferred) but not success. :( I will be seeing him next Friday, probably will ask him more on this.

Hi all, just got a call from kkh to confirm BFP!

Spreading bb dust to all!

this FET was not a smooth one, i was down with flu and cough before ET. lucikly still can proceed. only left 2 blastocyst but only 1 survive and transferred.

this is what i did before and after ET
take conceive well, red bean soup n 3 brazil nut daily. avoid cold drink and spicy food.
few days right after ET, i try to bed rest as much as possible.
this round totally do not have any symptoms during 2ww. very surprise with this result..

Congrats pumpkin pie. Feel sooo happy for you.

Portia hugs. Stay strong tiao body and try again.

Sisters am back after a week. Lap on monday by dr tan. Just discharged today as was in pain . He removed one cyst from right ovary though I had 3. He said he cant find the other two. He said if he cut deeper will damage ovary so just removed one. My tubes not so good. The flush was only ok. He said come back 10 weeks to start ivf. Thats my status.

Baby blues how r u. How long did u take to recover from lap. Have u started cycling.

Vivine today bt right. All the best to u.
Hi mesara, hope your pain has subsided. For me, i discharged on the same day and did not stay overnight at the hospital, maybe mine was not so serious. I fully recovered after 5 days. Will be cycling again in March. Maybe we can be cycle buddies.

Rest well during this period and avoid seafood and cold stuff. Speedy recovery!

Hi all, just got a call from kkh to confirm BFP!

Spreading bb dust to all!

this FET was not a smooth one, i was down with flu and cough before ET. lucikly still can proceed. only left 2 blastocyst but only 1 survive and transferred.

this is what i did before and after ET
take conceive well, red bean soup n 3 brazil nut daily. avoid cold drink and spicy food.
few days right after ET, i try to bed rest as much as possible.
this round totally do not have any symptoms during 2ww. very surprise with this result..
Congrats! Grabbing bb dust!
Were you on hospitalisation leave or you went back to work after your ET?

Congrats sukif, whose your doc? Yours is medicated fet using blasts? I am natural fet and my frozen babies are 6day blast. Can I check once your LH detected when are you schedule for a et?

Mesara, 10weeks very fast. Blink blink it's here! So dr tan doing a fresh cycle for u? Have adequate rest and tio body.

Sukif, so happy for u!!! More bb dust. Yeah!!

Mesara, good to hear from u! Hope u had a good rest the past few days. Now that your lap is done, can take the nx 10 wks to prepare for ivf. Bb dust to u!

@tsf0205 i was with dr tan ks for almost 2 yrs, then changed to dr zou for a while and then with dr zhao for a yr. Dr tan ks is gd in treating male issues. My hubby counts improved from <20m to 45m after seeing him for 1 yr. But that time he only went for accu once a mth.

Hello ladies,

I am going to start my first ivf cycle when my menses come in about 1.5wks time. We started to plan for this ivf since Oct last year and due to some logistic issues (husband traveling, festive period lab close etc) we postponed the cycle till this month. But now I'm starting to get cold feet :'(

My spouse will be traveling when I start my cycle and will be away for several wks (back in April) I'm very worried about going through this alone. I've deliberated about telling my parents / in laws, by my preference is just to go thru this w my spouse alone. If I delay this cycle again, we will only be able to start in April.

Has anyone done it on their own without their spouse around?? What is it like during the stimulation and tww period? I read of ppl who were hospitalized due to ohss and people have severe bloating etc. I am not working so I do not have the pressure and stress of work life to deal with. I'm worried that the entire cycle will be so stressful like cannot go out, do some light cooking etc. what if I'm bed bound and all alone?

I feel like I'm chickening out now... But at the same time, I shouldn't delay as time is an essence as I am above 35yo already.

:'(
hi....i did mine without informing my parents/ in-laws...staying out of the crowd of relatives during my 2ww during these period when everyone is celebrating CNY...dun worrie so much.....i know it is a hard journey but we are strong.

Sarah, other than ER, all the rest like scans and ET, BT can be done on our own. KKH requires an adult to accompany us home upon discharge in case we faint cos there's lots of hormones injected into our body. If u are not with KKH, u may want to check with yr clinic/hosp on their practice. Another option is to get a close fren to accompany you home after ER? Your hubby has submitted his sperm sample for freezing right?

Sarah, suggest u call the nurse to double check. Cos I did my fresh cycle in 2011. Maybe things are different now.
My hubby accompanied me on 2-3 occasions. The rest I went on my own. I do envy those whose husbands accompanied them but got over it after a while. No problem doing it on our own.. Just might feel a bit lonely but lucky there's this forum to share our thots.

Sarah actually after er I feel ok to drive. No dizzy spell nothing. But better don't risk cause you never know how your body will feel. If got OHSS then you be feeling terrible. I go on my own too during my last fresh. Occasionally the partner will tag along but for me is ok cause after scan I rush back office so no point the hubbs acc me morning then I can't accompany him later hahahaha.

@tsf0205 after abt a yr, my hubby condition improved more significantly. But he only went for accu once a mth.
I am most comfortable with Dr Zhao. Her accu is gd and she changed my med according to my body condition. Dr tan gave me same med every month. I dont like dr zou accu.

Hi mesara, hope your pain has subsided. For me, i discharged on the same day and did not stay overnight at the hospital, maybe mine was not so serious. I fully recovered after 5 days. Will be cycling again in March. Maybe we can be cycle buddies.

Rest well during this period and avoid seafood and cold stuff. Speedy recovery![/quote

Thanks bb blues. Your lap just clear endo right. Mine remove cyst so abit severe I think. Ya we cud be cycle buddies. Meanwhile try natural ok. Why no seafood ar. I thought fish can.

Thanks bb blues. Your lap just clear endo right. Mine remove cyst so abit severe I think. Ya we cud be cycle buddies. Meanwhile try natural ok. Why no seafood ar. I thought fish can.

@Babygrin , who is your doc? Check with him.in your next visit. Not every doc will suggest natural ivf cos it is a more tedious process but dr loh and dr sadhana are vrry supportive.
Hi, you can buy those cheap ovulation test kit online. I ovulate every month
@bs1970 my doc is Prof Wong from nuh. My next cycle will be done by dr tan hh from kkh.
Do you mind sharing your amh and fsh level? Mine was less than 0.6 amh and 34 fsh. After the failed cycle, I visited three different tcm dr and all of them ask me the same question: why did prof proceed with the cycle when my fsh is so high? All of them said with such high level of fsh, the cycle will not succeed. I was inexperienced for the first cycle and didn't know abt these and didn't ask a lot of questions. For the next cycle, I will request dr tan to test my fsh before deciding whether to proceed or not. If fsh is still high, I wouldn't want to waste another cycle.

My fsh is 9 but my d2 E2 is high at 250, which also imply low reserve. My amh is around 0.7 or 0.6. Took dhea for 3 mths before 2nd cycle but did not help. You can ask dr tan hh abt natural ivf but bear in mind that natural ivf need close monitoring which means more scan. A bit difficult if you are working. When I tried in kk, for each cycle, i have to chiong there before 730am to make sure i was first in q cos i have to reach office by 9am. I did not tell my boss abt this ivf thingy and hence, cant take time off.

@bs1970 thanks for sharing. I am pinning a lot of hope on dhea. If it doesn't work, I really don't know what else I can do. But your story really gave me a huge boost. I really hope I can be as lucky as you :)

Sarah if really no one to company you may choose to stay a night.

Thanks bbgrin we might be cycle buddies. Both us were with prof then switch to dr tan. Hope we strike this round.

Hey iwantahealthybaby how r u n when is fet. Ya lor 10 weeks sure pass fast. Now I have to tiao my body. Dr tan said my womb is twice its normal size due to adenomyosis and cant do anything about it. Painful menses will persist till menopause. Now focus on conceiving he said. I got the 3 mth lucrin jab yesterday which means that mine will be considered a long protocol as I have already started lucrin 12 weeks ahead and 10 weeks later ahud be gonal f 300 and cetrotide he said. I asked him y never stitch ovary lower as prof was unable to retrieve last round n he said when he check inside it was ok. After removing cyst he stitched my right ovary. Two cysts mia from him haha. He said cant find dig deeper damage ovary so he left it alone. I did amh test yesterday post lap n hope numbers dont drop low. Also thinking of visiting dr que tcm tomorrow. C hw la. Workplace damn unhappy with me for being on mc long. Wat can I do right. Lifemas a woman is tough n with fertility issue is toughr. Lets jia you sisters.

Fish is ok, in fact I was drinking fish essence tonic (yu sheng jin from eu yan sang) after the lap. Seafood that you should avoid are crustacean, such as crabs, clams, prawns etc as the folks think these may cause infections to the wound. So just play safe.

Congrats sukif, whose your doc? Yours is medicated fet using blasts? I am natural fet and my frozen babies are 6day blast. Can I check once your LH detected when are you schedule for a et?

Mesara, 10weeks very fast. Blink blink it's here! So dr tan doing a fresh cycle for u? Have adequate rest and tio body.

Dr Matthew Lau, i did natural fet with 6 days blast. detected LH on sun, ER on Sat

Fish is ok, in fact I was drinking fish essence tonic (yu sheng jin from eu yan sang) after the lap. Seafood that you should avoid are crustacean, such as crabs, clams, prawns etc as the folks think these may cause infections to the wound. So just play safe.
Am also drinking fish essence with ginseng n chicken essence. Will not take the seafood u mentioned. Did u try iui or natural after lap

Hi ladies, I'm thinking of trying 2nd fresh cycle but the last cycle all of my colleagues are saying behind my back about Ivf making me so troubled. This time I don't want to let them know if not very stressful. Anybody who has similar problem as me how to arrange so that my colleague won't know. Hope to hear some advices thanks.

hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and i've been reading the past posts and everyone's so supportive here! i hope we can all be super super lucky this year!!

i have been trying for bb for 2.5 years, and this month i am starting on my 1st icsi cycle. Started the 1st jab of puregon yesterday night. my gynae is ann tan and also i've been seeing a tcm doc called He Quiling (at eu yan sang chinatown main branch).

i'm turning 33 in march, and it's a pressure for me to hopefully quickly have a bb coz to give my mum some moral support and hope. in the past 6 mths, my mum had undergone chemo for a lump in her breast, and she is going for an op to remove the lump & also a part of her breast bone in march. the op has certain risks as she is 63 yo and because a part of the bone is going to be removed, it's also quite scary for her & us.

i'm an only child and after going through the chemo treatment with her (it's really scary and an emotional journey for us), i feel that i need to give her something to look forward to for the future and also to keep her positive. even though ivf is going to be tough for me, i'm telling myself that my mum suffered worse. just wanted to tell all of us here that, with all things, we must have a determined mindset and will to overcome our difficulties and we must stay positive ok!

okie, back to the tcm treatment, we went to this doc on my dad's recommendation. we went to her for about 6 mths before going back to ann tan. my hubby's sperm test was really bad at that time, he had 1% morphology and sperm count was weak and the motility very low. we both took the tcm medicine twice a day, i had to go see Dr He every 1-2 weeks as she says my body condition is too "cooling" and she needs to monitor me closely. for my hubby, he goes once a month for review. earlier this week, my hubby went to Mt E to freeze his sperm and the analysis was so much better now, it increased to 4% morphology and the quantity doubled! i think it's because of the tcm medicine, plus i forbid him to drink alcohol & smoke (he was a social smoker before), i got him to take his vitamins (Centrum Silver). Dr He also suggested us to take Hashima which I think helped in regulating my periods for the past 2 months.

I will update on my progress and hope to get your support here :)

Faithe83: just dun tell. If you need to go for appmt, just say you are going to see doctor. They don't have the right to know if you don't want to tell.

But you know whether you tell or not, they are just kepoh and will talk behind your back anyway.

We ivf-ers have bigger issues in our lives than to be bothered with what the kepohs want to say about us.

Jia you for your 2nd cycle.

hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and i've been reading the past posts and everyone's so supportive here! i hope we can all be super super lucky this year!!

i have been trying for bb for 2.5 years, and this month i am starting on my 1st icsi cycle. Started the 1st jab of puregon yesterday night. my gynae is ann tan and also i've been seeing a tcm doc called He Quiling (at eu yan sang chinatown main branch).

i'm turning 33 in march, and it's a pressure for me to hopefully quickly have a bb coz to give my mum some moral support and hope. in the past 6 mths, my mum had undergone chemo for a lump in her breast, and she is going for an op to remove the lump & also a part of her breast bone in march. the op has certain risks as she is 63 yo and because a part of the bone is going to be removed, it's also quite scary for her & us.

i'm an only child and after going through the chemo treatment with her (it's really scary and an emotional journey for us), i feel that i need to give her something to look forward to for the future and also to keep her positive. even though ivf is going to be tough for me, i'm telling myself that my mum suffered worse. just wanted to tell all of us here that, with all things, we must have a determined mindset and will to overcome our difficulties and we must stay positive ok!

okie, back to the tcm treatment, we went to this doc on my dad's recommendation. we went to her for about 6 mths before going back to ann tan. my hubby's sperm test was really bad at that time, he had 1% morphology and sperm count was weak and the motility very low. we both took the tcm medicine twice a day, i had to go see Dr He every 1-2 weeks as she says my body condition is too "cooling" and she needs to monitor me closely. for my hubby, he goes once a month for review. earlier this week, my hubby went to Mt E to freeze his sperm and the analysis was so much better now, it increased to 4% morphology and the quantity doubled! i think it's because of the tcm medicine, plus i forbid him to drink alcohol & smoke (he was a social smoker before), i got him to take his vitamins (Centrum Silver). Dr He also suggested us to take Hashima which I think helped in regulating my periods for the past 2 months.

I will update on my progress and hope to get your support here :)
Good luck

@bb_blues is there anything special to eat before and after iui done pl advice ?

Hi Ladies, I'm new to this forum.
Been seeing a gynea for 5 mths+ and was put on clomid for 2 cycles but did not conceive..thereafter was sent to do some tests..my hsg came back with left fallopian tube as blocked.
I was rather sad to know of this but I know there are other options available..
Can I still try for IUI first? my hubby SA results are slightly below borderline..
Am kinda lost now and need some advise..

Hi ladies

Have not log in this forum for a long long time.

Would like to check whether any ladies above 40 trying for a baby via ivf?

Hi Ladies, I'm new to this forum.
Been seeing a gynea for 5 mths+ and was put on clomid for 2 cycles but did not conceive..thereafter was sent to do some tests..my hsg came back with left fallopian tube as blocked.
I was rather sad to know of this but I know there are other options available..
Can I still try for IUI first? my hubby SA results are slightly below borderline..
Am kinda lost now and need some advise..
I think better chk wif your gynea wats her opinion

Hi ladies, good morning to everyone, I am a silent reader all along, going to start my medicated FET this month, need to start my medicine from 3rd day of menses and menses came on friday about 9pm ( full flow ), do it counted as Friday or Saturday is day 1? Today clinic closed, cant call them and check.
Thank you and happy sunday everybody.

LoveG, good qn. I guess fri should be counted as day 1. See what the others advise.

Wedelia, I read hsg is not 100% accurate. My hsg showed that my tubes could be blocked. So we agreed to do a laparoscopy to confirm this. In the end, the lap showed that my tubes were not blocked though the dr did say that he felt a push when they flushed the liquid in. Could be debris within the tubes. Lap has its risk though as I heard a gf's tube was damaged during/infected aft the op. If 1 tube is blocked, I suppose can still do iui but chances would be halved which is pretty low given that the success rates for iui is low compared to ivf. As Sonia says, best to seek your gynae's advice.

I went to see my Tcm on fri as planned after a +ve BT. Aft checking my tongue, she told me I'm v heaty. My type of body condition now is prone to spotting, even m/c. Gave me a scare cos I realized the small stains I had past 2 days were actually spotting. Good that I continue to see her else wouldn't know that I'm heaty. All along I thought I was Liang. So stop wearing socks immediately. I already stop red date tea since BT. Apparently she said there's no need to do anything else. Just take her post ET herbs will do. Wanted to share so sisters seeing tsb can note and check with her if you need to take additional stuff while taking her herbs. Hopefully my little bean will be ok. The 2 ww to the 1st scan to see heartbeat seems pretty long too. 1 more week to go for me.

Hi ladies, good morning to everyone, I am a silent reader all along, going to start my medicated FET this month, need to start my medicine from 3rd day of menses and menses came on friday about 9pm ( full flow ), do it counted as Friday or Saturday is day 1? Today clinic closed, cant call them and check.
Thank you and happy sunday everybody.

Hi LoveG..Since it came on friday nite full flow..So Sat is counted as Day 1...Pls do call the clinic to double confirm though..Wish u all the best dear..;-)

Medicated is to take prognova. That's taken on day 4 onwards for kkivf. Came on fri night full flow, why didn't u call on sat morning? They need to schedule scan. Anyday, sat is considered day 1.

SInce u hv the med, it means u hv been briefed on wat yo do n how to yale prognova. But you seems so blur still.

U better call m confirm w ur clinic if is not KKIVF. If not taken wrongly, u can do this month.

Prognova is taken on day 4. Not day 3. Fri night full flow, Saturday is d1. That's kkivf protocol. Saturday was half day, why didnt u call then n clarify when u seem to be so confused.

If u hv med, means u already hv been briefed how to take the med.

U need to call n book the scan date too.

Take wrongly, u risk having the cycle aborted.

I m w kkivf, i hv been briefed v clearly. I know v well how to take and so on.

Bubbli thank you and jiayou together.

Jklim I am with dr loh, I was adviced to take from day 3 and scan between day 13 to 15, however I will call clinic to double confirm tomorrow, thanks alot for you information. Cheers.

Bubbli thank you and jiayou together.

Jklim I am with dr loh, I was adviced to take from day 3 and scan between day 13 to 15, however I will call clinic to double confirm tomorrow, thanks alot for you information. Cheers.

Oh u r with Dr Loh...Same here...Yup u start progynova from Day 3...Do call the clinic tomolo to fix ur scan date..;-)..

Oh u r with Dr Loh...Same here...Yup u start progynova from Day 3...Do call the clinic tomolo to fix ur scan date..;-)..

Oh glad to heard that, what is your status now? Sorry dear, I have lost track. I am wonder how come kkivf only advice to take progynova from day 4 and dr loh asked to start from day 3? Blur me I am actually forgotten to ask when shall I take it, in the morning with empty stomach or at night, hopefully someone will pick up my call tomorrow morning as dr loh clinic only start from afternoon. When do you need to see dr loh again?

Oh glad to heard that, what is your status now? Sorry dear, I have lost track. I am wonder how come kkivf only advice to take progynova from day 4 and dr loh asked to start from day 3? Blur me I am actually forgotten to ask when shall I take it, in the morning with empty stomach or at night, hopefully someone will pick up my call tomorrow morning as dr loh clinic only start from afternoon. When do you need to see dr loh again?

Dr Loh start progynova from day 3. I took it in the morning. Once u set the timing u follow the same time to take everyday. His clinic is open in the morning n nurses should be able to answer your question. Don't worry.

Back