IVF/ICSI Support Group

Tsf dont despair. Have been in your situation. When I did my first iui in tmc just before the troops transfer in me dr loh saw hubby morph less than 1%. We were devastated. But since then he took himalaya brand spemen. Took 3 tablets a day and within 2 months morph was 3%. Think 4 and above then normal. But we were happy with the improvement. Pls try that and pray all will work out fine for u.

hi mag08, you mean you have severe endometriosis ? how can you overcome it ? i heard that endometriosis cant be cure .... after you remove it, it come back again every month once your period come. it can even block the tube...... but a lot of women suffer this ........
ya you are ture, miracles do happen all the time.......

Vivine_lee
Yes I have severe endo and low ovarian reserve and poor response to all the IVF medications. Believe me I tried all the different combinations of medications during my 4 fresh cycles but nothing worked well. Have been suffering with endo for a very long time and I was told early on that I will have problems with conception. Thankfully, my endo did not block my tubes otherwise natural conception wld not have been possible. There does not seem to be a cure for endo but it is possible to manage it through proper diet. I am a vegetarian. I don't take any meat except eggs. Meat contains alot of hormones and that is not good for pp with endo. And i try to go organic esp with milk. I used to eat mock meat (soy) and tofu alot. Mock meat contains a lot of processing too and so that isn't good so I completely cut that. And fish oil helps with inflammation issues. foods with msg, transfat, etc was all eliminated. Takes a bit of discipline to work through diet but it helps. I didnt eat chocolate or icecream for several years because high levels of sugar is not good for endo. I know that if I hadn't controlled my diet through the years, my endo will definitely have worsened and I might not have my 2 kids. Now after having my 2nd child and nursing her for 15 months, my endo pain has subsided alot. I used to be in pain from endo almost everyday with severe backache. But thankfully that seems to gone. I think nursing my baby helped somehow.

bb_blues - no my hb did not have any problems. The problem was all at my end.

Good morning everyone! Know every one is pulling their hairs trying to conceive and then a good pregnancy, and finally a baby in your arm!

Pls dun fret. Keep your spirits high n persist on. It will happen. Just when!

I am an old timer in this forum who started trying 6 years ago. I did one fresh cycle, one natural FET and another fresh cycle. I conceived my first daughter in my first fresh cycle but she passed on and i had to deliver her at 5 months pregnant. Imagine the pain n sorrows i have to go through. My world collapsed then. I did a natural FET and ended with an early miscarriage. No more embyros left i proceed to do a 2nd fresh cycle. I have my 2nd daughter who was born 4 wks early and warded in NICU for a wk. I was so scared of losing her when i saw her conditions deteriorated. Now, she is a pretty and cheeky toddler n turning 2 yrs old next wkend!

I am trying a natural FET now with my remaining 2 frozen embyros. I have regular 28~30 days cycle. Today is already d21 and i have n i hv still yet to ovulate. Wanted to abort cycle on Monday coz follicles stopped growing for a wk. But dr insisted that k persist on and i did a scan on thurs and a follicle grew again to 14.5mm! Maybe coz i m old now.. so follicles also old.. women once passed 40, hormones r not as good

Well, i ovulated at d14, follicle size 17mm back in 2011. We will see how later after scan and testing w ovulation kit.

This journey is not easy. But ee have to be strong if we wan to be a mother. Cycles which failed, are usu due to poor quality embyro or poor womb condition. Coz ivf takes away the men's factor. I hv no womb issue and good n healthy lining. sG does not alllow genetic testing of embyros coz we will know the gender after tt. That's the only way to confirm that embyros r no good n have genetic issues. A gf failed many rounds of ivf with a no of reputable ivf drs. Not even once pregnant. SHe refused to accept that embyros r defective reason unless it is tested n proven. She went to KL and see dr dato colin for a fresh ivf cycle n had her embyro tested before ET. Yes, all were defective except for one. All discarded even though they were surviving coz she wn get pregnant even if transferred. Or of pregnant, will miscarry. She only transferred that one n only good one. Her daughter has turned 1 yr old. She went to KL for she wan a closure to this bb trying episode. If confirmed her embyros r defective she will stop trying.

I m a sfloh patient who did all my treatments in kkivf. I folllwed him to tmc as i was due for delivery then. I still like sfloh tp be my dr but i dun like tmc. Personally, i still prefer kkh. I brought my daughter back to kkh from tmc for regular routine development reviews and vaccinations. I m now back to kkivf and under dr tan hh.

THere r always 2 school of thoughts when it comes to treatment of underlying womb issues. Lap has risk of scarring. Even d & c after a miscarriage also. I m someone who scar easily. After each d&c, which is necessary to remove the remains of a foetus, i had to go do invasive detailed checks to ensure my womb didn't scar. If not, even kf pregnant, there's a risk of miscarriage. Lurcin ssuppresses the hormones, take away the pain, take away or reduces conditions such as endo, adno.

Anyhow, have faith, motherhood will happen to those who persisted on.

Last edited:
Hope40, I was also asked to use donor egg by Dr S but I refuse to accept and seek a second and third opinion. Both Dr feels that I do not need to go for donor so soon and there are still chances using my own eggs. So don't give up girl.

Babygrin, I am also slowly opening my heart to adoption. I think we should not close our doors to all options. At the end of the day, we will still have a baby to hold and to love and to enjoy parenthood.

Tsf dont despair. Have been in your situation. When I did my first iui in tmc just before the troops transfer in me dr loh saw hubby morph less than 1%. We were devastated. But since then he took himalaya brand spemen. Took 3 tablets a day and within 2 months morph was 3%. Think 4 and above then normal. But we were happy with the improvement. Pls try that and pray all will work out fine for u.
Is that a supplement? Where to buy? How much is it? How long did yr DH take too see the effect ?
Actually my DH has done 4-5 SA since 2012, his morph was always less than 1%..only this 6th time done private, it show 0%.

Jumbo girl, totally agreed with u. We can continue trying and shouldn't give up. Don't go for adoption when u feel like u are being forced to. That will not make u happy.

Mag08 & jklim4642, feel so inspired by your stories. I hope such miracles happen to all of us soon.

@tsf0205 it could be that particular day when he went for the SA he was under pressure so no / very poor sperm. There's been instances of "normal" men whose sample on ER day had 0 sperm cuz they felt pressure. Thus the mount E IVF clinic always asked the men to come in 1 week before to give sperm sample, washed and froze them in case the sample on ET day fails miserably.

I also recall my TCM saying the habits of the men do matter. Sleep by 10pm for a good nights sleep (helps the pituitary gland to produce hormones influencing sperm production). If trying out the supplement note that sperm takes 72 days to grow. So have to eat for 3 months before you see an improvement. In other words, don't expect a big change within 1 month.

Tsf I bought from citi square in JB as himalaya singapore dont Carry this product. Its about 30 ringgit. Hubby say improvement in 2 months.

Tsf, speak to your IVF doctor. Not necessarily have to cancel. 0% need not mean no sperm at all, just very few. They only need 1 sperm for 1 egg so as long as they get one is good enough. Your hubby may need to go some frozen samples as sapre or try the procedure where they do a small op to extract sperm from testes (forgot what it is called).

True story. My ex-boss diagnosed with 0%. He contemplated getting his bro to donate but that procedure managed to extract a few sperms for their ivf. His wife is young so that's another story. After 2 successful ivf, they naturallt had #3 after closing shop thinking no chance naturally
God has plans for all of us. We just try out best.

Tsf, speak to your IVF doctor. Not necessarily have to cancel. 0% need not mean no sperm at all, just very few. They only need 1 sperm for 1 egg so as long as they get one is good enough. Your hubby may need to go some frozen samples as sapre or try the procedure where they do a small op to extract sperm from testes (forgot what it is called).

True story. My ex-boss diagnosed with 0%. He contemplated getting his bro to donate but that procedure managed to extract a few sperms for their ivf. His wife is young so that's another story. After 2 successful ivf, they naturallt had #3 after closing shop thinking no chance naturally
God has plans for all of us. We just try out best.

Ron, what if we try our best n still doesn't work? Getting emo once again.. It's just so painful to go thru this all over again..

Tsf morp is not very critical if we are doing ivf since most of us will be doing icsi, the lap may not be able to capture the decimal point so only 2% , 1% or 0%, they shld be able to extract some out from the millions even it reads as 0%, you can check with the doc before canceling.

Hopeful78 - i like to see the world filled with sunshine instead of the heat. On a rainy day, i see life given to the trees and the plants (and relieve of pur hot singapore weather!) Instead of ttaffic jams and floods.

If we try again and it doesnt work then we are no worse than where we started. Each cycle is an opportunity, not a chance. But if we dont make this opportunity, where got chance? :)

The BFN pain sucks lah. And its so painful for the truth is really only god knows why it failed.

But we are stronger. Just that money flush down the drain.

Money can earn back. Time & biological clock cannot. So we hold our heads up high, focus at the beauty around us (dont focus on all the preggie bellies around us!!), and keep on jabbing. If heng kena natutal then gong xi gong xi!!! we must always be, well, hopeful :p

Tsf morp is not very critical if we are doing ivf since most of us will be doing icsi, the lap may not be able to capture the decimal point so only 2% , 1% or 0%, they shld be able to extract some out from the millions even it reads as 0%, you can check with the doc before canceling.
To do ICSI, u need healthy normal looking sperms. am I right? If none is normal, still can do ICSI and fertilize egg?

Tsf, normal is like 10million or more sperm per inch cube or something like that. Only need to find one little fella to fertilise the egg via icsi so dont despair. Speak to the doc and in the meanwhile, eat well sleep well and stay happy. It's a long journey for some of us whether it's #1 or #2 or #3.

tsf0205 - like what the ladies say, you only need to find 1 normal healthy sperm for each egg retrieved. I believe 0% doesn't mean zero. With IVF it takes out all the infertility issues of the male, leaving us females to deal with the stim, ohss and all the risks & side effects of IVF. So pls, don't fret about the morp. Good luck for your journey!

hi everyone m new to this group, i had 3 ectopic with now tubes 3 failed IUI n now planning to go for IVF at NUH, i want to know the cost of IVF n how the procedure like, bit scared cuz heard alot but dont know much abt it, i heard that if u go thru polyclinics to the hospital its bit cheaper as me n my huby r PR here, my appntmnt is on 21 jan,, pls help me

Hi sushma I am with prof pc wong in NUH. Which doctor you are planning to see? It is true if you go poly you will get subsidy but only for the the necessary test before embarking ivf, once you start your ivf programme, all will be under private cost and you can not choose your doctor if you go thrpugh poly. I think poly will help you to make appointmemt if you go through poly

Ladies under dr Tan hh and in the midst of a cycle.. he is away for 2 wkd starting Monday.... sianz.. mean if my FET is not aborted, it wun b done by him!

Hi straw m not sure abt all this cuz my apntmnt will b on 21 jan after that only I know .. I know dr PC Wong he did my IUI. But I heard that if u go straight with him it's more expensive.. That y m going thru poly clinics .. How abt u??

Sushma since I want him to handle my case, I went straight to him. As what I know he doesn't handle patient that go through poly. Which doctor did you make appt on 21 jan?

Hi sushma, I am also with prof wong. I went to my GP and he wrote a referral letter and even help me to call and make apptmt. He said referral thru GP or polyclinic will not reduce the consultation charges by a lot but at least some of the charges will be waived.
As for the total cost of IVF, it depends. You can go to the attached link below and click on the FAQs for more information.

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_w...ubsidies/Marriage_and_Parenthood_Schemes.html

Sorry... the link is more for checking how much medisave and govt co-funding you are eligible for. The total IVF costs can range from 10k to as much as 16k, depending on how much medication you use.

Sushma, I just failed my cycle two weeks back. I didn't even managed to complete the cycle because I didn't have eggs for retrieval. but don't be frightened off... I am just an exception case.

Straw is more lucky, she is already in her 2 week wait and we are all waiting for her good news :)

Don't be scared. All sisters in this forum were just like you initially, but as you progress, you will be more like looking-forward than feeling frighten.

Of course am planning to try again! Never give up! But I will be trying a supplement called dhea for my low ovarian reserve condition. Prof doesn't use that so I went to dr tan hh at kkh instead.
I am like an almost hopeless case and I am still trying. No matter how much chances you have, you need to give it a go.

I must say u r very brave.. I can understand how it feel.. Especially when u go hospital n call those pregnant ppl arnd ..pls give me some strength also

Sushma, may the force be with you!
I must say I am not so bad lah. I am generally healthy with no other problems such as cyst, endometriosis, etc. I just need to find a way to force my not-so-many eggs to come out. If you read the experiences of some other sisters, they have been thru even more, but they are still strong and still trying. So fret not, we shall give u support and strength!

Can sisters advise me where to get bee pollen please? I went to a few shops but they sell bee pollen with herbs added. I only want natural bee pollen. Saw some selling on internet but I am scared of being conned leh... lol.

Same for maca... it is like almost non-existent in S'pore. Also saw it online but not sure which is reliable and which brand to buy.

Sushma dont worry, u'll be fine and can pass tge ivf process well.

Babygrin, try now brand for maca, you can find it at nature farm. I bought my fresh royal jelly at shinshen, not sure if they sell bee polen also.

5w pregnant after FET but suddenly start to cramp. Heading home now on self imposed bed rest. :(

I only just scrolled back and saw this post. Congrats! Hope I can be as lucky as you - successful in FET. Did you do single or double embryo transfer? I want to do single for #2 as I'm afraid of having twins, even if it's only a small possibility.

I only just scrolled back and saw this post. Congrats! Hope I can be as lucky as you - successful in FET. Did you do single or double embryo transfer? I want to do single for #2 as I'm afraid of having twins, even if it's only a small possibility.

I only had one frozen to try for #2 so there wasn't a choice for me. I count my blessings that it's successful.

For my fresh IVF transfer in 2011, I transferred 2 on advice of embryologist. Both implant but one didn't grow further so had a lot of bleeding when the lining around that embryo shred off. Carried the other to full term. My boy is coming to 2 yrs old now.

Hi all

Feeling really low and thought if I heard some encouraging stories it would help. Had ER on Friday at NUH. 11 follies, 4 eggs, 2 mature and both fertilized. But today embryologist ca to say one had arrested. Et schedules tomorrow. Will transfer 1 or 2 (if the other one recovers). Anybody heard of success stories with 1 embryo? This will be our first and last IVF

D22 today still hv not ovulated though follicle is big enough. Plus dr tan hh is away.. dun wan dr Matthew to do ET for me.. have requested tt if need to do transfer, have to b done by dr Sadnana...

Still... i may still abort n do medicated next mth.... see how tomorrow after scan then decide...

Hi all

Feeling really low and thought if I heard some encouraging stories it would help. Had ER on Friday at NUH. 11 follies, 4 eggs, 2 mature and both fertilized. But today embryologist ca to say one had arrested. Et schedules tomorrow. Will transfer 1 or 2 (if the other one recovers). Anybody heard of success stories with 1 embryo? This will be our first and last IVF
D22 today still hv not ovulated though follicle is big enough. Plus dr tan hh is away.. dun wan dr Matthew to do ET for me.. have requested tt if need to do transfer, have to b done by dr Sadnana...

Anyhow i may still abort n do medicated next mth.... see how tomorrow after scan then decide...

Eternal optimist - yes there are sisters here who have only 1 fertilised embryo and the miracle happened. In the end, We only need that one to succeed. Stay positive and fight on.

Hi sisters can advise things to be noted after ER ? And food to be eaten more ?
ER tomo ......

Eat egg whites to relieve the bloating. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, soft cheeses, sashimi and all raw food (in case of bacterial contamination). I do not believe in the theory of 'cooling' or 'warming' foods, so I ate all kinds of cold things, even ice-cream, and my baby's fine. Just eat a nutritious and balanced diet.

Still... i may still abort n do medicated next mth.... see how tomorrow after scan then decide...
Can they let u transfer by Sadnana? I have requested too. But no use

Noted
Eat egg whites to relieve the bloating. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, soft cheeses, sashimi and all raw food (in case of bacterial contamination). I do not believe in the theory of 'cooling' or 'warming' foods, so I ate all kinds of cold things, even ice-cream, and my baby's fine. Just eat a nutritious and balanced diet.[/quote

Noted. Thank you for your reply

Hi @hopeful_40 and @Miracle No. 2 , thank you for sharing your stories. I can imagine that its never easy to retell any painful accounts for it might cause you to relive those feelings again. Some of the sisters here are right, to hear that it is more difficult for you to conceive naturally is already hard to begin with, let alone all the procedures that the one has to through..

It is through our stories that we get support from one another and just like what @iwantahealthybaby said, we will all graduate in a matter of time..

@Babygrin, thank you for sharing the adoption stories. DH and i told ourselves that for this year, if both fresh and FET do not work, we would look into adoption. We managed to foster a 1-year-old boy late last year for 3 months before the grandma asked for him back. During that time, we did realise that love does multiply and when you are caring for a child, even if its not your own. Sure it takes time, but love will come. And yes, i have heard of stories of couples who have their own after adopting. I suppose, when you have stopped trying, a baby might come to you by surprise..

I just had my BT at CHR.. Super nervous..gonna keep myself busy and near my DH's workplace so we can meet no matter what the result is.

Whats the protocol like after BT at CHR NUH whether its BFN or BFP? how long will they take to call you?

Back