IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sunstillshines, yes I've been taking lots of 100 plus and the pill. But I'm not sure if I had it in cos I throw up Everytime I eat. I'm still feeling a lot of pain and distension in my stomach and it gets worst if I move ard. Currently on bed rest only.

My Dr called to say out ofcthe 38 eggs, 29 are mature and 27 have fertilized. He will freeze them on day 5 for the next Fet.

I asked if I can proceed for the preparation of transfer once my period comes but he said I need to let my body rest and that this coming period will not be the normal period.

He gave me birth ctrl pills to take on day 2 of my period so we can start planning for the transfer at my next period arrive. That'll be ard end Jun/ early Jul.

I'm very stressed now cos my parents in law think that I'm pendant due to all these similar mrng sickness! Sigh.

So are u taking anything like food/pills/ acupuncture to strengthen your womb before the transfer?

hazelsarah, your embryos must be quite good and your doc is doing blastocyst for all your embryos so that you can do day5 FET. This means Sat you will know how many will be frozen. Are you below 35 years old?

I have started acupuncture before my ER and is continuing to do it. I am taking tcm, coq10, conceive well and ensure milk powder. Are you taking tcm? Yesterday I cannot resist myself and bought a pack of corn cracker to eat.... I felt so gulity. Frankly, after my ER, I felt my load is lightened.... feeling the sense of freedom! That is really bad.

sunstillshines
don't have to feel guilty on eating just a bag of treats! I feel it is good that you reward yourself sometimes cos this route is not easy
happy.gif
a pat on your shoulders ok!

Sunstillshines, I'm not sure abt the quality cos he didn't mention. So is good to have a day 5FET?

Is ok to give yourself a little treat! I too feel better after the er. No more injections for time time being! I'm still struggling with the extreme bloatedness and throwing up. The dr says it's going to get worst before it gets better. Oh gosh.

Where're u doing the acupuncture?

Hazelsarah, 38 eggs!!! That's like the highest no. I've heard of ever! Even with me E2 T 24000ish, I 'only' had 19 and I thought that was crazy already!

Treat ur ohss symptoms carefully now and watch for fluid retention. That can really turn fatal if u ignore the signs as if the fluid enters your lungs, u'll require aggressive treatment.

Do rest well and phew, ur doc was right not to do ET this round. Ohss will take time to clear up & for ur period to normalise. Maybe it's not wise to try on ur own come ur next period. Just look at what happened to me. We really need to rest before trying again. Take care!

Mei, my ET was 16 May? And BT due 31May. Ur ET same date ad mine? Good luck!

Hezeldarah, 38!!!! Take care.

Nur, good luck for ur beta later. Pray hard for u! Must share your happiness k.
happy.gif

Jedai, yah im still felling lousy from the bloatedness and vomitting. im really glad i came into this forum and get to know u gals cos i wld have pushed my dr to do the ET this cycle. and it is really not a wise decision considering the state im in now. the onset is just so sudden that i wasnt prepared to be this sick from it.

crossing my fingers that the 27 fertilized eggs will make it to day5 and survive the freezing and thawing process till 2 mths later *cross fingers!*

i am looking forward to hear more good news from everyone here during this wait!

Morning ladies...

Chris, energeticsnake, Cheeka, sunstilshines, Mei2 and to the rest whom ive missed out. Thank you so much for the encouraging words, i feel the warmth, it really makes me calm.

jedai: how are you right now? i hope everything is all well now for you. Ur one strong woman... Did you had Methotrexate injection? How do you feel after the injection? Can go work as usual is it? Den after how many days do we have to come back for blood test? thx jedai.

I still have bad news to spread. Im sorry if i put any negative vibes at this forum. Beta shows it increase a bit, Mon its 2000 and yesterday its 2300, which should be double. So ectopic is still suspected.

Did scan and it still shows nothing at uterus. With a senior doctor. But this time what they suspect at cervic is not the embryo implantation, its just a cysts mayb due to my old operation during young coz there is a scar over there. Confirm its not cervical ectopic. So mayb its due to tissue growing. So doctor said hcg is coming from somewhere and mayb its still too small. But still suspect ectopic since my uterus nothing is seen. Doctor said dont put high hopes which we understand. So we plead to doctor to let us rescan and do blood test a week more. Since i have no symptom such as bleeding or pain, and i know the risk i am taking, they allow me to wait a week more.

I have a week more to feel pregnant. A week more. Not putting high hopes. Just want to know whats a week more difference. I really hope to know where the ectopic is from.

I feel like going to KKH A&E this weekend to ask the doctor there do the scan and ask for opinion. Is it possible?

At least i have a 2nd scan from another hospital and if they feel same, den i accept what is going on... What do u ladies think?

Babydusty, you've been strong. I had a mc and I know no words can describe it. My dr was sympathetic and allowed us a week to seek second opinion and to come to terms with reality. After my incident, I heard that dr ann tan at paragon has one of the most advanced scanning machine. You may wish to seek a second opinion with her. She's also a very experienced dr. As for A&E dr at govt hospitals, I've my reservations as they are mostly young drs or mo's.

Babydusty sorry to hear that.. Pls stay strong.. I think it's good to seek 2nd opinion.. At least no regrets later on..

Today is my cycle day 9 of stimulation with 300iu of puregon n from the scan only saw about 7follicles growing dr says ER on mon.. If the ET is done on thurs when will implantation starts? I'm with sgh care any idea if we would get to see doc before ET? Cos so far we only correspond with the nurses there.. Was on a roller coaster ride these few days worrying about the quality of eggs retrieved due to the low no of follicles
sad.gif

hazelsarah, weaker embryos usually cannot survive through day5 at the lab. As such some doc will prefer patient to do day2 or day 3 transfer. Did your doc give you an opinion to freeze the embryos on day2? I have the impression that the quality of your embryos are quite strong and therefore, your doc did day5 blastocyst for all your embryos.

sunstillshines, no eh my dr didnt give me any option. he just said he will freeze them on day 5. im not so sure what's the usual protoccol cos i assume that's always the case.

he also didnt mention whats the grade of the eggs etc.

hazelsarah, dun worry, u r under good hands... doc normally will go for day 5 if they hv faith in your embbies. and u must be young.
happy.gif

Baby dusty,
I don't think going for 2nd opinion at kk A&E is a good idea. As there are only MOs on duty in the A&E and they may not experience enough on IVF. If u want to go kk, maybe u can try to call for an urgent appointment to see an IVF doctor and get the scan done there.

hi hope for baby, duno wats symptoms shld we look out for.. now only like PMS.. sore boobs and bloated nia lor.. and oso i read from net that its still on the way to implantation and will ends tis sat
happy.gif

Joyhope: Ur a strong woman too. Dr Tan at paragon will sure cost a bomb. I don't think i can afford.
sad.gif
Been going to too many follow up for my complications. I cant afford for private anymore.

Liang: Hope ur follicles grow big2 by the time of your ER. Dont worry low no of follicles doesnt means low quality.

lynhope: thks. =)

Hope For Baby: How about A&E sgh? I thought going to A&E KKH is good because when i have ectopic on my left tube last 2 years, it was discovered at KKH. I went to A&E. I was bleeding abit back then. The A&E doctor scan but did not see anything, so she send me to another scan on the same day thru vaginal, thats where they found its on the left tube. Therefore, i thought mayb i find something on KKH scan this time. Can just try...

Hi BabyDusty... yes u can go A&E at kk I went there last month, they did a scan and found out my pregnancy was ectopic and they admitted me immediately.

Hey ladies I jst had my beta yesterday n its positive!!!! Now I jst wan ask u ladies for ur advice. Im going back to work on monday. I've to travel by bus. Is it ok? Im abt 3 weeks preggy so it'll b3 safe rite..

Hi Michelle: Were u in pain when u came in? They send u to scan thru vaginal? Thanks i feel more confident to go now.

Lash: Congrats. It should be safe if you feel ok and not nausea. =)

BabyDusty... When i went in I have slight cramp and the did a scan which they cant detect the sac so they send me to a detailed scan and confirm its ectopic...

BabyDusty... it was my second ectopic i had the 1st last july....and my left tube was removed went to HSG xray shows that my right tube was blocked so went straight to ivf and who knows found out that i conceived naturally when i went for my day 2 scan... and too bad its another ectopic... so be strong ... i went thru it.. and know how u feel it took me a while to come to terms... but have faith in yrself we will have our baby....

Michelle Ng: God is indeed great. I had blocked tubes too. God is even great with you. HSG shows blocked but u still did conceive naturally. But god always have plan for us, be it good or bad now or for our future. Thank you Michelle, ur such a strong survivor and such a great adviser.

thanks lynhope. it's very encouraging to know that. i guess i need to be very patient to wait for my next FET while nursing this dreadful OHSS condition.
im below 35 and this is my 1st ivf cycle.

congrats Lash! this must be every exciting for u! =)

BabyDusty... sometimes i think God is making fun of me... let me conceived naturally but took it away... the pain is even worse than the 1st ectopic i had....

lynhope, its the same while pending for the 'witch' so better dun read into to much of the symptons
happy.gif

no signs doesnt mean not good mah.. be positive! we all jy jy together!

Michelle: dont say that. just think mayb the eggs did implant but of not good grade. something along the pregnancy or if u did give birth, yr baby could lack alot of things. god doesnt want to make you suffer. So he have his reasons to let u conceive, to give you that you can try again naturally again. This is consider my 2nd ectopic again, i just feel lost becoz i dont know where it implanted and my beta blood is still rising though not much. If its chemical pregnancy, blood should b going down. But I thank god, so far im not suffering any bleeding or pain.

BabyDusty... I hope so... yes good that u r not in pain ... anyway take care of yrself and try again when you recover... I'll be starting my cycle when my AF report... jia you....

BabyDusty, I didn't take Methotrexate jab. HCG wasn't high at 246 last Thurs so doc think it's not necessary, and no point going throught that radiation if not required. Dr Yong finally called me just now & told me my HCG is now at 155. Dropping but still not low enough. No active treatment for now, though chance of rupture is still there and I'll just have to keep on monitoring. I'm at work always through this roller coaster. The only day I was off was last Thurs scan & beta-hcg (with blood analyser broken down) as I spent almost the entire day at the hospital & absolutely in no state of mind to work after hearing the bad news.

I guess working distracts my mind and lets me move on with 'normal' life, even as the body is still behaving erratically for now.

I'm told today that what I'm experiencing is a bio-chemical pregnancy and the bleeding now means I'm still going through the long-drawn miscarriage process, and it's not a normal period yet. Funny. You ladies are hearing all this now even before I tell my DH who's at work and not convenient for me to call him. oh well. I need listening ears and all of you are my dear pillars, which I'm so thankful for.

Michelle, I was told recently that I shd be thankful that we could conceive on our own despite the mc, which at least dispelled the idea that we'll have such low chances to conceive naturally. A friend who went through a similar mc also told me that she just kept on trying, with no break, after the bleeding stopped and she believes a woman's body actually becomes more fertile after going through an mc. She did conceive a bb gal about 3 months after her mc then. Of course, I also have another gf who's not so lucky and so far hasn't succeeded after her mc.

Life's a box of chocolates. You never know what you will get. I suppose we should carry on hoping for the best and prepare ourselves for the best to arrive... one day. jia you!!!

Michelle: Jia you to u! Why u never try again naturally for about 3 mths b4 embark ivf? Ivf is more tired to endure. Jabs, scans, blood test.

jedai: ohhh ic see that y no jab was necessary for it. Beta is still low. I hope mine dont increase too much which never allow me to have the jab but have to thru ops. Nvm i will just endure and see what I feel for now. HUGS to u jedai.

BabyDusty / Jedai... Huh.. my right tube was also removed after the sec ectopic so I have no way to conceived naturally le... and the problem with those ppl who had ectopic beofre has higher risk of getting another which indeed happen to me so now i can only count on ivf...

Michelle: im so sorry, i didnt know about yr 2nd ectopic removing of the tube. gd luck of yr ivf journey. u have to be very strong. and its true, women like us history of ectopic is of higher chances getting it again. like i did 1st normal conceive ectopic, 2nd thru this ivf ectopic again. jiayoh michelle!

BabyDusty... Its ok... at least I know that ectopic in the tube wont happen when I start ivf keep my fingers cross.... hope it never happen again... let's jia you together ...

Babydusty, Michelle, Jedai... Hugs to all of you... for going thru so much obstacles, ups and down... but yet, are still very strong and be able to give us courage and support. I admire your strength and tenacity! Jia you!!!

BabyDust,
Ya, like some of sis said, follow ur feeling. But between Kkh and sgh a&e I'll rather choose kkh a&e cos kk are well known as women's hosp.

Lynhope & mei2,
I'm still worrying bout the pre menses tummy cramp that im having. Beside tummy cramp also some bloatedness but bloatedness getting lesser.

Mei2,
U mean til sat still possible for implantation to occur?

Lash,
Congrats! Happy for u! How many time u did the beta-hcg test?

Babydust, Michelle, Jedai,
u all are really very strong. After knowing all urs stories, I tell myself I mustn't easy give up! Big hugs to all of u! Jia you, and all the best to all of us! Our turn will come very soon!

Back