IVF/ICSI Support Group

Jedai: I'm also starting to take red dates & dried longan brew . Currently day2 of suppression stage..issit too kiasu to drink now? Also taking ensure as well. hee...

Nur
Im 6dpt2dt. I started had like the usual pre menses tummy cramp since yesterday. Feel quite down actually. My BT only due on 31 May. Did u actually do ur own urine test?

Hope, hang in there! It cld be just the progesterone causing the cramps. Since the nurse said it was normal. (!!) i think we know our own bodies and its quite abnormal to feel this way!
Anyway I didnt have the guts to do hpt today. Am so paranoid now, a negative result will make me go over the cliff. So better to hold it off. But the diarrhea is making me worried!

Nur, do u experienced constipation after the ER? Could it be due to the med or anything u took for ur constipation that causing the diarrhea? Stop taking any diary product if u r taking it. Hope everything will be fine and ur blood test 2 days later tell u a good news! Fingers cross!

dear all
i have a lovely girl of 3.5yrs from my first ivf in 2009. in 2011 started to try for no 2, since then, 3 fresh cycles plus 3 FET, but no success.
I have both tubes blocked and PCOs.
Am in the process of medicated FET, overseas actually.
Here is the medicated process :
- Duphanston 2 pills/day for 10 days to start menses
- Gonal F 37,5 for 6 days from 3rd to 8th day of menses
- 9th day of cycle : scan and blood test
- thereafter depending of scan and blood test,
few more days of Gonal F then Ovitrelle injection
- Frozen Egg Transfer
- 2WW

Can anyone share with me the medicated FET process in Singapore? thanks
happy.gif

i have some bad news to share. doctor cannot find baby sac from ultrasound yesterday. but found dark shadows at cervic. doctor suspect its ectopic at cervic. blood test beta is already 2000 which suppose to see sac but none was seen at uterus. i am so shock i tot ectopic is only at tubes. i ever has ectopic on my left tube so doctor said higher chances its ectopic again. tomorrow i have another scan and blood test. If no sac is still seen, has to have injection to stop the pregnancy. I am so sad. Noone can know how I feel. No one wants this to happen... i hate my doctor, so unfeeling. His reaction is just, bad news, probably ectopic. den he turn2 and said wow u have so many ectopic hah. den i said only 1 before. Den i have to ask to i stop all progesterone inserts and oil base jab? He said to stop everything. Guess he is giving up on me. Why like that... its been a mournful day for me since yesterday. Tomorrow i have to go thru it again of the final decision... Only god knows how and what i am going thru right now. I seek forgiveness to what i have wrong done from the past. =(

BabyDusty, ~hugs~ So sorry for the bad news.... none of us want bad things to happen. The journey has always been an emotional roller coaster. Just when you thought you bfp, now you might have to lose your dearest baby... I know whatever I write might not be able to console you... please pray a lot... Try to calm down because stress is not good for your body...

Sometimes doctors/gynaes treat us or our babies like "product". They forget that we are human and we have emotions. It's unfortunate that your doctor showed no empathy at all... Would you like to consider seeing another doctor for a second opinion? Because this is a matter of life and death of your dearest baby, I think it would be wise to get a second opinion.

Babydusty-

I am so so sorry to hear about this. I was so happy for u when i heard ure beta was positive. I didnt know ectopics can happen at the cervix. If the nxt scan shows the inevitable, do take some time to grief. After that take a break before embarking on the nxt step. I will keep u in my prayers dear. I know what u mean about the doctors. They see so many patients, they've lost their human touch. They forget that each and every ivf couple have gone thru many hurdles that a negative result is just too devastating. Do take care. Feel free to PM me if u need someone to talk to.

Cheeka: thanks. my eyes teared up from your reply. Thanks for your concern.

dont really know where to go for 2nd opinion. tomorrow scan will be at another place, i guess more advance machine. if its confirm a sac at my cervic, i really have no choice. if they cant confirm sac, i want to wait a week more and scan again. i dont know if its really cervical pregnancy, is it harmful to me? What i know baby cant survive there and only in uterus. =(

Nur: I didnt know it too. Just shocking. I google it could happen at ovary besides tubes and cervic.

I have one frozen embryo but i dont think its of a good grade. If i were to try fet, not this year. I dont know when will i ever be a mum. =(

BabyDusty, so sorry to hear what you are going through now. Mind to share which hospital you are with now? I really didnt know IVF will result in ectopic. I thought the embryos should be placed at the "correct" position duing ET? Sorry for asking such a question.

Babydusty- i remember u had implantation spotting right? How can embryo cause implantation spotting when it implanted on cervix?
I know its hard now but dont give up ok. Maybe yr time to be a mum is not here yet. There are reasons that we do not know. God willing, it will happen for us. -hugs-

Dreambear - actually during counselling the doc will inform that there is a chance of ectopics for ivf. I guess the embryos 'travel'

dreambear: i would rather not tell which hospital. guess because i have an ectopic before, its a higher chances recurrence again. but shockingly at cervic.

Nur: yup i did had implantation spotting. And it stopped after 2 days. It came back again yesterday after i had my vagina scan looking for the sac. it stopped again today. i dont what is happening to my body. i am so scared to go thru the day tomorrow...

Babydusty, could it be the embryo implanted lower than where its supposed to be? I remember one of the sisters in this forum with the embryo implanted lower than where its supposed to be.

Perhaps seek a 2nd opinion. HUGZ

Cheeka, is your hubby allergic to COQ10? Probably check where the COQ10 is derived from? I'm seen somewhere on some products that its derived from crustacean, I'm allergic to prawns and crabs so I didn't dare to try. Perhaps the doc might have other supplements to help him other than these.
happy.gif

Anyway, perhaps just give him less stress, perhaps will help with his spermies. Maybe taking supplements is a stressful task for him.

babydusty
hugs..we're all here for you..

Nur
Seems like you've pretty good signs..i remembered my bfp round , towards the end of 2ww i hv so much wet discharge.

hazelsarsh
no need to avoid any particular food lah..just everything in moderation

hope4bb
menses like cramps are normal as well..

chris
i responded rather better with 225iu but cos on my 1st cycle with 250iu, i was blur didn't come here to learn about the egg whites and proteins..so eggs retrieved were lesser and of poorer quality. So i gauged i would have responded good with dosage between 225-245iu

Baby dusty, I'm so sorry to hear bout this. Do take some rest before u plan for the next step. You are very strong cos u went through a lot. Be strong as what u always be. Pray hard for u.

Babydusty: Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Take care.

ChrisL: I am not sure if 25iu might make a difference but being 1st cycle, stress might be greater. Seriously, protein talk is more like nurse's advice as I have not heard any doc mention on increasing intake except after trigger shot for preventive medical purposes. But the good thing is u found the best dosage regime
happy.gif

Hope for Baby,

I did not experience any cramps during 2ww, i would say that i didn't really have any symptoms.. These are diff for everybody so don't focus too much on symptoms k.. Stay positive and wish you all the best for your BT!

BabyDusty,

Sorry to hear about what happened.. Take care..

Maomi, ChrisL, hope4baby, Chris and min81, hugsssss.... I shall try my best to be strong tomorrow. I really hope mu husband is all supportive and there for me. I feel so guilty towards him. =(

Babydusty: take care of yourself and your dh will be glad too that his wife is strong. Nobody asked for any bad thing to happen so don't feel too bad abt it.

Nervousbabe: I will say for the part after trigger shot as i mention above. Medically, once ovulated (ER), fluid in the blood gets into the body and accumulates in the abdomen which is term OHSS hence bloating worsen. Taking protein helps to retain fluid in blood to prevent OHSS and also so that blood do not get thicken for good circulation. This is from memory from past reading, hope I am still explaining correctly.
happy.gif

Hugs, babydusty. Dun tink too much, hope for the best. See what the doc say tml.

Ladies, is it too much to take 4 eggwhites per day before er?

Babydusty, hugs hugs. I went thru the same shock of hearing i got ectopic just last Thur, after being told one week before that of my bfp from our own natural cycle. It's all still fresh in the mind, yet seem so unreal and like a long past bad dream.

I can't think of a better phrase than being lifted to the heavens and being thrown deep into the pits all too fast. But once we get thru this phase, the only thing we can do is to look forward and not back. We can't change what has happened but our mindset is what we can have control over.

Grieve as it is natural and healthy, but rem to move on, just like me and the rest of us who r here to support and listen to u.

Hi ladies!
Im very new to this forum. After reading your posts i realize there are lot of experienced ladies i can seek advise from.

So here is my story. I have been trying for baby ever since i got married which is in 2009. However I only consulted the gyn since 2012 @ Thomson women clinic. I am diagnosed with PCOS and was taking clomide to conceive. On the first cycle my blood test result showed that i was ovulating well enough. The following cycles were not favourable at all. I always had to induce my menses b4 I could take clomide. Now my dosage has increased from 50 mg to 150mg but results shows that my body is not responding well to the medication. Finally my gyn suggested i seek assisted fertility procedures such as drilling/iui/ivf n told me to change hospital to kkh for cheaper cost.

My husband and I have had a long chat and decided to go for ivf. Thankfully my parents were supportive regardless of what decision we take and are ready to support us in whatever possible way they can.

I have read the many stories you all have shared in this thread and am positive in undergoing this procedure.

So I want to ask....where do I start? Do I get a referral from my gyn or do I get referral to polyclinic to be referred to kkh? If I get referred my polyclinic will I be able to choose my doc? Or do I juz call up kkh for an appt.

What is the total cost for this procedure? Do the govt subsidy still apply for Private Suite? And are the subsidy and medisave claim applicable to the whole procedure inclusive of consultation and medications?

And finally which doc would you recommend? I was thinking on Dr Sadhana as she has a big history in my muslim family community's of successful baby deliveries (inclusive of natural pregnancies). But regardless I'm open to suggestions by others as well because prior to what some of my relatives believe, the race of the doc doesnt matter to me (my original gyn is chinese and I had close attraction towards consulting her for my fertility issues compared to george mariamma in kkh).

Can I ask ard how many days do we need to jab gona F? Ard 10 days? Anyone tried asking doc for smaller dosage but spread across longer time frame rather than a sudden heavy dosage? I m quite weak in natural, not sure my body can take it as I am already suffering from v low ovarian reserve, anyone got such experience?

Hi nashreen,

Wow u have a lot of questions!

If u get a referral from the poly i believe its subsidised but u will not be able to choose ure doc in kk. I think the waiting time will be at least 2-3 weeks? The doc will chg for every visit, if im not wrong, but once theyve done the tests and refer u to kkivf, it will be considered as private and u will be able to request for the doc.

Some ladies here are with Dr Tan HH and some with Dr Sadhana. Quite a number are at NUH with Prof Wong too. These are the only 2 hosp whc allow govt subsidy for ivf.
Medisave and subsidy can be used for the procedure but not incl reg, counselling and pre ivf blood tests. That will be about $500 (more or less) that u have to pay cash. For the subsidies and such, u can refer to

http://www.pqms.moh.gov.sg/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx?qst=2fN7e274RAp%2bbUzLdEL%2fmJu3ZDKARR3p5Nl92FNtJicS%2bGPKY%2f0nRcch3zeAgyTTcm8S8xgq0gcXcG7kTg%2b5C5u2pBw%2fnpcNlbLu5dVtUc%2bQjJTsq6P4Km4YSi6X2pSqBdkujEVBfHfIjS1%2f27QUC9FI3cmJz%2bUTtEIcaECzjLcYTb3KNr%2fGIM2R2UV5HT3KE8tGiVcxJcM%3d

http://www.pqms.moh.gov.sg/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx?qst=2fN7e274RAp%2bbUzLdEL%2fmJu3ZDKARR3p5Nl92FNtJidAQw64KvK1MKUGadQe%2ftlFHV5s06%2bPPSFg853FPnriBMByELoO9ERUKkx5hTmNwDTlIU%2f6Ja160d%2fNtzj9QhhsD1MniOkkGbNd%2bjNEwA4S5B1Pp6%2bqqxbOAhmP2W%2fDeksBf7NPY0O9Tme2wZ45k2qfEPmydvAEV6k%3d

hi, may i ask if u all experience severe stomach distension and bloatedness after the ER? i just had my ER ytd and i can hardly walk. it feels like when i had my laparoscopic appendicectomy done. my stomach is so distended. im wondering if this is the result of OHSS? i had 38 eggs retrieved. my dr says the bloating can get worse and im wondering is the the result of OHSS or just part of the procedure.

and for those who are going for FET, how long do u have to wait for your next period to come?

Babydusty, You and your DH are here to support each other, through ups and downs. Dont worry about feeling guilty towards your DH... you are not at fault. No one is at fault. The only thing that you can do now is pray... and if you want, go and get a second opinion from another gynae (I dont know any other private gynaes other than Dr Charles Lim at Mt E). Do update us on your scan okay? We will be here to support you, whatever the outcome is. Take care and hugs....

Maomi, I dont think my DH is allergic to seafood. He eats oysters and prawns and nothing happens to him. Dont know why this medication - containts Selenium, CoQ10, L-Arginine etc - would cause his tongue/lips to be a bit swollen... but not the normal allergic reaction.

Cheeka: could it be because he is heaty and needs to drink more water or take a lower dose? I bought something similar to tribestan and do the capsules ourselves and control how much to take.. Whichever that works

Good morning everybody!

Been away from the thread for abt 2 months now.
Im back coz we are planning for our first fet soon.
Quick re-intro. Ttc ing for 4 yrs now. Been thru 3 failed iuis andjust failed our first ivf long protocol in april. Am with kkh ivf Dr Sheila Loh. Prev a pt with tfc and nuh.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Wanna start acupuncture to prepare for my fet. Any recommendations around e west area? Staying in bukit batok.

:)

So strange. Total silence from the clinic. Was so busy at work that I totally forgot to follow up. Will have to call them tmr.

Nashreen, SGH CARE (Centre for Assisted Reproduction) is also Govt co-funding scheme.

hazelsarah, hope you are feeling better now. Please take in more protein and drink more water. Also don't forget to take the pill which you mentioned earlier is very expensive. I find that pill is very cute... so small but so potent!

You should have received the news from the embryologist about the fertilization rate of your embryos.

My af came one week after my ER. My doc said I can do FET when my next af arrived, which will be mid of June. Did your doc schedule you to see him after the ER to discuss when will be the FET?

Jedai, Babydusty, I am very sorry for what had happened. It must be a big blow for both of you that this happened! Being an ivfer, I feel for you. The journey is really not easy. Hope you are able to uncover new information from your doctor why this happened.

Stay strong.

Hope for baby, we are cycle buddies! Exactly the same ET and BT date
happy.gif

Sss, how are you?

Lynhope, how abt u??

Babydusty, hugs and stay strong

Back