IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Imel,
Congratulations.

Hi Bakaholic,
That is quite good number and size on D5 scan.
Yea, I also got aching on the pelvic. Hahahaha..

Hi Mala,
Thanks, hopefully everything goes well. ^_^
Good luck to you too, wish you all the best.
Keep us update.

Hi Ruru,
Wow.. you size bigger than me. 21mm.. wow..
Put 4 raw egg white in a cup + protein powder. ooo ic..
Where u buy the protein powder? GNC?
Yea.. me too, I am also scare.
Me already scare with the ER+ET+2WW. sighh....
Now trying to relax my self not to overstress... sighh...
^_^ .. jia youuu... jia yoouu...

hi gals,
I just watched PM Lee, urmm...frankly speaking, this is the 1st time in so many yrs that i am interested in NDP rally haha....but he is very interesting and funny.
Quite a few benefits for baby numbers. But for us who are already in the process eg, stage 1, 2, 2ww and graduates. Dun know if we'll be able to get any of the benefits. For now i am more interested if we will still be eligible for the 4mths maternity leave, cos thats a lot man....

Dear Maykel,
I think if we get pregnant this year, baby will only be delivered next year, sure we'll enjoy the benefits. During the 2004 Rally, the Baby Bonus scheme started on 1 August. I remembered very clearly because my son was born that year.

Grace ah, what is considered start? Start lucrin? As long as start lucrin in Sept can get the subsidies?

Or start of day 1 AF in sept then day 21 lucrin in late sep then consider start in sep. u kno?

Hi ladies,
Anyone has ways to improve egg quality for IVF? Like, what food to eat, etc. Cos I read that egg quality is very impt for the success rate. Has anyone done any research on that? Or, just like the number of eggs we are born with, egg quality cannot be altered?

Hi Bliss,
I am 1 of those 'slow-reactor' to puregon. I had total of 14 days puregon, started from 250iu for 7 days to 600iu for 2 days and the rest of the days is 700iu. My day 7 scan shows that i have 4 tiny follicles (5-7mm) only. So they have to increase and eventually i got 7 follicles (only 1 big 1 at 19.5mm and the rest is 11-15mm only).
I was told that usually most of the follicles will come out in the 1st 5-7days and these are usually more or less conclusive. Cos the rest that comes out later would usually be smaller.

Hi juju78,
Welcome to the thread, i had included you in the list
happy.gif

stage 1
Bliss - start on 5 Aug
Happyever - 8 Aug
Kalki - 18 Aug

Stage 2
Nita - 8 Aug
Josphine - 9 Aug, ER 20 Aug
RuRucat - ER 20 Aug
Mala - 11 Aug
Bakaholic - 14 Aug
Austere - 15 Aug
Ping - 16 Aug
Dimple - 17 Aug

Stage 3 - 2WW
Maykel - ET 13 Aug
Cale - ET 14 Aug
Juju78 - ET 16 Aug

Graduates
Bebecraze08
Elle
Imel

Grace i read that during stimulation stage good to eat high protein food cos eggs need protein, dunno how true. I suppose ACU mite help blood circulation, in turn grow better eggs too.

Oh thanks for the info. My AF just started so i count if IVF, my first lucrin should be 3 sept, hope can qualify.

Hey Grace, that would be goos news!
happy.gif

Hi Momo bear,
Haven't heard from you for a while. So you embarking on your journey next mth?

I also find PM Lee rather cute. Hehe one part dunno what he was talking about, but he point the laser up into the ceiling! Hehe thats candid. Then towards the end he say that was his last special effect for the nite, hehe he is rather humourous. A good change from the strict, straight faced PMs we used to have. Maybe PM Lee is younger at heart.
happy.gif

Oh Grace, i read that egg white is the protein part we need. Yolk can lead to high cholesterol. Dunno, maybe there is some truth in that.

Dear Momo Bear,
Me too! I waited for the goodies to be dished out too. I'm also very "kiam ku" one. hehehe.... Aiyah, I can't be your cycle buddy liao, cos I have to wait for my AF which is end of this mth.

Hi Kalki
I'm with Dr Suresh Nair. Just got tested BFN today
sad.gif
. But rest assure, dr Nair is a reputable doc.
I only managed to transfer 1 embryo due to OHSS.
Dr Nair already planned my FET for me. So, for now I'll try to stay as healty as possible.

RuRucat
Must take care, drink lots of water and take more high protein food. All the best.

Hi momobear and GraceBB,
haha...dun say tat lah, jia you on both your journey!
happy.gif

Hi juju78,
Sorry, had removed you from the list as requested.

stage 1
Bliss - start on 5 Aug
Happyever - 8 Aug
Kalki - 18 Aug

Stage 2
Nita - 8 Aug
RuRucat - ER 20 Aug
Mala - 11 Aug
Bakaholic - 14 Aug
Austere - 15 Aug
Ping - 16 Aug
Dimple - 17 Aug

Stage 3 - 2WW
Maykel - ET 13 Aug
Cale - ET 14 Aug

Graduates
Bebecraze08
Elle
Imel

Hi Josephine,

I just buy the protein powder from the supermarket, you can buy the brand, Ensure or Complan. Don't have to specially buy the GNC bobybuilder type of protein powder as very expensive.

Yes, you are right. Put the 4 egg whites in a glass, then put the protein powder on top then pour boiling water then stir and drink. The protein powder can cover the smell of the egg white, don't worry.

Haha momobear.. I agree with you. A breath of fresh air... I really do enjoy and find it quite entertaining. Actually this is my first time watching the rally. Rushed my hubby to drive home faster to catch it..haha.

Hi Bakaholic,
Yup, I'm going for my scan tomorrow in the afternoon. I too am very weepy and highly emotional! Not to mention the mood swings.. *sigh*

Hi rurucat,

how do you separate the egg whites from the egg yolk in the first place?
And also, is it that the protein in egg whites can be very easily and well absorbed by our body? If not, I am worried that too much protein from egg whites may not be good if not well absorbed by body.

Hi ladies

may I know if I take the 2 weeks hospitalisation leaves given by KKH for IVF, can my company find out from the nurses? I don't wish to tell my company that I'm doing IVF. Any advises?

Worried

Dear hazeline,
The subsidy is for all Singapore citizens. Doesn't matter whether govt. or private hospitals.

Dear ttc,
Your company will not call up kkh to ask lah. Anyway, if they do, kkh is not supposed to reveal patient's private info. However, the MC given by kkh will have the hospital's logo. You can just let your company know you did a procedure, don't have to provide details of IVF if you're not comfy with it.

Aiyah, your problem is not to let your company know. My problem is how not to let my in-laws know... Anyone has any thoughts?

Dear All Ladies Here...
Thanks for all ur encouragement, Josephine,Maykel,Catzeye and all...
I have officially cancel my ivf this morning.. Went for the scan after D11 and doc still see only 3 follicles..Highest being 11-13mm.. I hv already taken 400iu for 7days n 700iu for 3days.. Doc say that it is unlikely that the egg will grow bigger if I'm continuing 700iu puregon till D14. I'm very slow with the puregon..Was very upset n do not wish to continue any further..I was very dissapointed..Dunno if I had made the right decision.. Maybe this will be the first and the last IVF for me...Could not take the emotional dissapointment.. Life goes on..and I'm trying to get over with it..
Thanks for all your support and good luck ladies and wish to hear good news from everyone here...

Hi Nita,

Hugz..understand how you feel. Take sometime to cope with the emotional ride. You could have the courage again after the emotional wound is healed. Don't give up hope.

Hi Juju,

Your ET date is very close to mine and Maykel. Are you also doing IVF at KK? I see the protocol you went through is same as mine.

Hope all of us get a BFP at the end. I am really getting more nervous day after day. Really hope the times can be fast forward to the beta test day.

Hi Rurucat,

Take more egg white and lots of water. It will really helps to minimise the risk of OHSS. It works for me. All the best to you!

Hi littlebee,

Don't be despaired. I am sure you would have a better chance in the FET after your body fully recovered with improved health condition. Jia you!

Dear nita,
i understand hw u felt. Juz remember this, u are not alone, there is also others who are like you. I guess endo patient like us who has just an ovary have very low chance of success but at least we are brave enough to go through it. What we may need now is for miracle to happen. Let us pray for our dream to come true. Btw, i tried to send you a private message. Could you activate it?

Hi Nita
dn't worry..i did have the same feeling when my first cycle was stopped but after a while when i see my friends with kids i wanted to go back for the cycle.
just be positive you will be alright and always remember
failure is the stepping stone to success and this was what i heard when my cycle was cancelled so thought can share.
do not give up hope

i am married for 6 yrs and imagine the pressure i have, all those got married with me got two babies.
But we are all not deprived of kids still got ivf to help.
take it easy

Hi Nita,
Dun give up. Give yourself time to recover and if you're feeling confident try again. I've heard of ladies who tried for the three times and finally succeed.
happy.gif
Take care and rest well.

Dear Grace,
Must eat a lot protein. If you eat the Yolks, you will get Cholesterol instead.
So it is not adviseable to eat the yolks. No good for your health. Hehehe...

Hi Ruru,
Oooo ic.. noted. Today after work, i will look for the protein powder. Is the powder contents with calcium?

Hi Bliss,
Boil the egg. It is to seperate. But taste not so good. Hahahaha :D
or maybe.. like cooking a cake.. just seperate the yellow egg..

Hi ttc_5Yrs,
I also do not wish to tell my company. I only inform my boss that I am taking IVF programme and will be take hospitalisation leave and ask her to keep this as confidential. The rest of my colleague, I just said that I got small thing from my body to be removed (day surgery) and need to take rest about 2 week. Hahahaha :D

Hi Nita,
Hugz to you...

Hi Cale,
When you do the ET? is it 2 days after the ER?

Hi Josephine,
I also intend to tell my company what you said. Easierlah..if not too many questions.

By the way when do start eating the egg whites. During the egg stimulating stage or after ER? Am on Day5 of puregon and the bloatedness was quite bad, so had to sleep early yesterday night *sigh*

Hi austere,
Yup, my colleague over here are soo.. kepohhh... Headache to explain them. So better keep it low profile. Hahahaha :D

Dunno, when must start.
Yesterday after the checking, the doctor told me to eat the egg white. Then yesterday, I just start to eat egg white loh. I manage to eat 4 white egg.. yuckss... but no choice.. for babies.. hahahaha :D

Hi Austere,

Once you experience the bloating symptoms, must start taking egg whites or drink protein powder already. I got bloated on my D7 of injection. My gynae says the more cooked the egg white, the less effective it is for the bloating. Apparently, during the high heat, the essential chemical we need degenerate.

So if can't follow my gynae's recipe, at least eat half-boiled eggs and not hard-boiled eggs.

Hi All,

just wondering...i m on Puregon D3 but i dunt feel any bloatedness wadsoever.. from whati read so far, practically every1 suffers from bloatedness... does this mean i am not reacting to puregon??
sad.gif

*Worried*

Hi Dimple,

Touch wood man! Being bloated may not be a good thing leh as it means the onset of OHSS. But since you are still on D3 so could be still early days.

I am like u initally, still very happy that I never ganna bloatedness, then on D7 morning (after D6 nite injection at 10pm), I woke up with a stomach bigger by 2inches!

Don't worry that you are not reacting to puregon lah. Have you done SO-IUI before? What dosage of Puregon are u on? I am on 10 days of 200iu and I am going for my er tomorrow. Will wait for u to join me at the 2ww ok? Jia You

Hi Dimple,
Pray that you dun have bloatedness. My stomach look quite big ;) and had some questions asked.. which I try to avoid. Wearing baggy clothes *sigh* I'm currently on 150iu and on Day5. Yesterday nite, I made a cup of Ensure milk then went to bed. This morning, felt better.

Hi Grace

Subsidy for only the first 3 tries??? No subsidy for subsequent tries because of low success rates??? I'm so disappointed because this is my 4th ivf!!

Hi Nita

Hugz! Don't despair, okay? If you are emotionally ready later, you can try another time. Don't give up hope.

Hi RuRu

Good luck for your Er tomorrow.

stage 1
Bliss - start on 5 Aug
Happyever - 8 Aug
Kalki - 18 Aug

Stage 2
RuRucat - ER 20 Aug
Mala - 11 Aug
Bakaholic - 14 Aug
Austere - 15 Aug
Ping - 16 Aug
Dimple - 17 Aug

Stage 3 - 2WW
Maykel - ET 13 Aug
Cale - ET 14 Aug

Graduates
Bebecraze08
Elle
Imel

Hi Nita,
Dun give up your baby dreams yet, try again when you are ready *muackz*
happy.gif

Hi GraceBB,
I think its hard not to let the pple staying in the same household knows abt wat you are doing. Unless you have a mini fridge in ur room, cos all the injections need to be refrigerated. Wouldn't ur inlaws support you more i they know abt it?

Hey Cale,
Nice meeting you this Am ;)

1649731.gif
Maykel,
Nice meeting you too
happy.gif
. My progesterone test result is 99.2. Nurse said ok and asked me to continue the medicine. Have you call to inquire your blood test result already?

Hi Josephine,
Yes, I did my ET, 2 days after the ER. That is say my ER is on Tue, the ET is scheduled on Thu. They are transferring a Day 2 embies, typically with 4 cell at the time of transfer.

1649825.gif
to your ER tomorrow

Back