IVF/ICSI Support Group

How is the pen injection like?? My growth hormones is the pen injections. My Menogon is needle.. Im scared of the pen injection.... needle one I poke so many times when I did PIO(like SO-IUI only without IUI) hehehehe..
can tell me how is it???

Nicole G,
Tink doc will advise us to put in how many depending on our age...
Hv u went thru the counselling already? Sometimes put in more does not mean good...
Me too were scared like u too, bt tis year decided to do, cannot le, due to unforseen circumstances...bt today see blood test result, seems ok, me start tinking whether to do again? zzzzz never mind will check wif TCM again...
I also hope to hv a baby soon. Mabbe by next year....bt got to on hold now...sigh!

babychole
no lah.. i also learn from others or google to find out loh.. this job very free mah. and now serving notice, lagi free. And you are not asking stupid questions lah.. we are all here to learn and share.

ha ha.. worried that cannot thaw well mah.. ks! :p

nicole
dunno how many putting in yet. if got 3, put 3 loh.

Don't think so much lah. take things one step at a time. So now think abt making the appt first. Erm... in general the jabs quite ok lah. I took GonalF, not sure if it's the same as yours.

For the neonatal insurance part, you have to think abt your comfort level and also what the doc says.

ML,
Wanna ask u...
Estradiol,serum - Which one on the table shd I refer...wah...mine is 108 [pmol/L] leh...seems like not ok leh...
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) - 5.6 - not very good hor?
Sorri, can enlighten me? TIA!

babychole
lol.. seriously i don't think I am able to advise.

Anyway, the link i posted is only a guide. The docs will be better at interpreting the results. Sometimes what seems bad to us might be ok to them. It will also depends on the benchmarks that KK is using. Sometimes for different countries the benchmarks/guidelines is different too.
happy.gif
So don't read too much into it okie. I heard of cases where the hormone levels were considered bad in US but considered ok for SG. So don't read too much into it, k!!!
happy.gif

Bchloe, I went for counseling all. now just make appointment n see doc to say want to start la. than she priscripe the medications for me to buy la..

ML, I will be using Menogon(like Puregon but cheaper) and Growth Hormones every other day. I was using Menogon for PIO cycles.. so Im use to the injections. But scared for the Growth Hormones as they said its Pen injections(like gonal F) Pain or not??

ML,
Okok...ai ya...bt I am worried abt the Estradiol,serum rating part....seems exceptionally high leh..perhaps I will cal up KKIVF to ask after checking with TCM...
Kinda worried now...

Babychloe
aiya.. shouldn't have posted the link.. make you worry. Don't think too much k.. Should be ok one!!!

Nicole
don't worry! The pen injections are the same. I find that not as painful as the needle ones. ni xing de! No scare no scare!!! Jia you!!! to put it bluntly, pain also no choice! must ren!!! Remember your ultimate goal!!!
smile.gif

BChloe, Y dont u call the nurse n say u want to speak to the doc about ur results.. I did that with my doc n she called me later in the day... they will call u la. so better speak to them directly n put ur mind to rest..

I will u guys know when I start my 1st jab! I wander who I will be cycleing with???

ML,
No yr link is useful, at least I dun go for IVF gong gong without knowing wats wrong ma...At least now I noe wat to ask my gynae le..
Dun feel bad ok?

Nicole G,
I will e-mail my gynae, heard tat he will respond to our e-mails quite fast. I kinda worried. If tis is the case, I dunno whether TCM can help or not? Guess I will e-mail him tonite & c hw...kekeke..

babychole
From what i read, bloodtest can be taken on either day 2 or 3 for this test. And no need to apologise lah...

hi all, i will be starting my first IVF cycle in June when my menses come. Quite nervous about it. Is there any preparation or things that i should be prepared? Please share your experience. thanks!

momobear,

glad to see you here again. just keep a positive mindset and tiao your body and keep it strong yea.. pray that u ll have good news to share this year = )

Hi Yaya,

welcome. Quite a few of us are either doing in May or June. What do you want to know exactly? What you can also do is to read the past messages from this thread. Alot have been shared. It also depend on the stage you are in, either BCP, ER, ET or 2WW. So if you can give specific questions, sisters here will sure to help.
happy.gif

hi everyone,

can check with all of u? im gg to have my puregon jabs this sat. once u start puregon injections, any dos n donts that i must take note of? getting nervous abt the injections ald..

rejoice,
Don worry abt the puregon jab. It will be slightly more painful than lucrin. The pain will only comes after u finish the jab. Actually, during the puregon jab, you can do basically everything. There will only be side effect. dat is bloatedness. Don worry lah.
I just don my ER today. Not much pain. Manage to hv 20eggs but yet to know how many fertilise. ET on the 9/5, now praying got at least 5 fertilise of good quality embryos will do.
happy.gif

rejoice,
Don forget to hv more protein food during the puregon. it will helps you to hv good eggs quality and grow well. Do some relax breathing. I have been doing yoga to help me relax.
happy.gif

Good luck.

rejoice,
I will go for my blood test on 16 May.. as the day draws nearer very anxious.. but I am tying to stay positive.. Physically not much feeling for me, just twinges at the abdominal areas once a while.. don't know if that is good sign or not.. I will keep the sisters her posted on the day of the results.. pray for me, please.. really wanna have a baby(ies)!

BlesBB,
wow, 20 eggs! that's great! it's good to hear that you are doing well.. Rest well before the ET! hope you get a good no of good quality eggs! All the best!

lfb,
Glad to hear that you have decided to stay home.. You can always go for another chalet when you are pregnant, then you can really enjoy yourself there.. no stress, just enjoying the pregnancy and looking good, pregnant!

Morning!

Pretyy lady
good luck for your ET today!!!

BlessedBB
Wah! 20 eggs! So good! Good luck to you too!

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>BlesswBB</TD><TD>Lucrin</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>07/5/2008</TD><TD>09/5/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cuteangel</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>29/04/2008</TD><TD>16/05/2008</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Koh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>26/04/2008</TD><TD>13/05/2008</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>LFB</TD><TD>BCP</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>06/5/2008</TD><TD>08/05/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy</TD><TD>BCP</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML</TD><TD>lucrin</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishababy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>chuafamily2003</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>rejoice</TD><TD>lucrin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bakaholic</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>SC Ng </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Morning all, I shld be starting my Menogon(Like Puregon/Gonal F) this Saturday. Feeling very nervous so worried on the final outcome..... Will keep u all posted.. Need to call SGH to make the appointment for Saturday.

ML, 3hrs more to lunch and 7hrs to end of day..

ML, Cuteangel
Thanks for the update. 20eggs but donno how many will fertilise leh...Praying hard. Nurse say sometimes not even 1 can fertilise. Sighz....
KK not like other pte hosp. They don call to inform us of any fertilise embryos...really make pple worry
sad.gif

Funni thing, called up KKIVF nurse and they told me their range is below 130 [pmol/L], wah...tat is a lot of difference from the website.
Tried e-mailing Dr Loh. bt no reply yet....
sad.gif

Hi BlesswBB,
wow,20eggs,that a lots!Dun worry is already a gd start liao.Keep us posted on yr eggs ok.

Hi Pretyylady,
All the best to yr ET today.Jai You,have a gd rest.

Hi Babychole,
Thanks so much on yr tips to get the report.I only got mine thru fax also,really save me so much trouble to travel there just to get the report.As for hb one,have to wait for himself to get it.Now I am able to produce to Dr Tan tomolo.I compare mine to the table ML given us,seem in normal ranges but I not sure lah.
Mine FSH is 5.5,LH is 4.37,Prolactin is 6.86 &amp; Estradiol is 111.
Read that PCOS ratio is fsh:lh is 1:1 right,mine a bit diff mean still have pcos or not.

chua_family2003,
Tats good, if not I tink its too troublesome to travel all the way down just to get the report.
Mine FSH is 5.6,LH is 3.98, Prolactin is 14.72 * Estradiol is 108. Still not v comfortable with the Estradiol reading...anyway will check wif Dr Tan...So u seeing Dr Tan tml? C wat he say to u &amp; me...whether same statement or not?
happy.gif

ML
AF reported today. Me seeing dr cheng tomorrow am. Will start gonal F as well. Poke me Poke me !!! How is ur appt today?

Nicole
Me starting gonal F this week too. Let's jia you together
happy.gif

blessedBB
don't worry! sure will have good eggs for transfer! Jia you!

ChuaFamily, babychloe
aiyo.. don't read too much into it. i think they have different guidelines lah..

Nancy
Congrats on starting your jabs soon! Enjoy!!! ho ho ho!!! Dr cheng says to increase my dosage and check again on Sat.
happy.gif

Nicole
Jia you!!!

nicole
ha ha.. half-cycle buddy.. me should be going for ET soon.. hopefully...

today had briefing by chief embryologist. She best! the way she say it was like "you know lah... if thaw already, eggs don't grow means no egg for transfer.. if egg don't survive also no egg for transfer.. ok. sign here" wah.. the way she say it like matter of fact like that.. very unfeeling leh... aiyo.. can't she put it nicer? lucky these few days i good mood.. don't want to think too much.. :p

Hi Babychole,
Our reading look almost similar.Will share w u what he he say abt it,hope he is able to tiao our body.

Hi ML,
haha,dun worry,just treat as a reference only.U r so kind to share so much w us.

ahyah ML, slap her next time la.. No brain. Ppl spend so much $$ they so insentative!! Oks we 1/2 1/2 cycle buddies la. hehehe....

Anyways... I just got a call from Care, Can only start on 14 May........ They predict ER &amp; ET around the week of 26 May...... they say only predict depends on the growth of the foliciles all la... ahyoh my heart racing la.. Im so scared
now... So worried la of the outcome!!

ML,
Dun worry, u r a kind soul &amp; we will be rewarded soon....wahahahaha...wif BABIES!

Chua_family2003...
Okok...do keep me update!

Nicole G,
U must relax.....Rmb? With a relaxed body &amp; mindset, u will succeed! watch more drama series &amp; forget all of these...Dun be so kan cheong ok?

chuafamily
it's ok lah.. i bo chap! :p

Babychloe
thanks thanks! You are very kind! We all soon be rewarded with babies.. So many till we cannot tahan.. muahhahhaaa!!!!

Nicole
ha ha... cannot slap her leh.. my embies are in her hands! ho ho ho!! anyway, you don't worry okie. the nurse at TFC told me must relax so that the body is optimal in producing eggs...

Back