IVF/ICSI Support Group

Early thirties. That may have contributed to the success...... How old are you babydustpls?
Im turning 32 soon. I also thought because the problem doesn’t lie with me + I’m still considerably young, I would get lucky on my first try. Little did I know! So many factors to consider. Were you with KKH previously too? Sorry I may have missed out on your earlier replies.

Im turning 32 soon. I also thought because the problem doesn’t lie with me + I’m still considerably young, I would get lucky on my first try. Little did I know! So many factors to consider. Were you with KKH previously too? Sorry I may have missed out on your earlier replies.

The guy should do his part too. Go for TCM, may improve sperm quality. And should also change lifestyle at least 3 months before the process.

I think it's not uncommon to see peoople not succeeding on first try. So don't give up, you are stillyoung.

I was with KK the first time as a private patient under Dr Sadhana. She's very good but her wait list too long.

For private doc, some of my frienda told me good ones would be Dr Sheila from Raffles, Dr SF Loh from Thomson, Dr Tan HH from Alpha IVF

Ya, cause if I am trying IvF again in few months time, don’t know if I should go for the vaccine first or to take a wait and see approach. Just worry that it will affect the results and etc.

The guy should do his part too. Go for TCM, may improve sperm quality. And should also change lifestyle at least 3 months before the process.

I think it's not uncommon to see peoople not succeeding on first try. So don't give up, you are stillyoung.

I was with KK the first time as a private patient under Dr Sadhana. She's very good but her wait list too long.

For private doc, some of my frienda told me good ones would be Dr Sheila from Raffles, Dr SF Loh from Thomson, Dr Tan HH from Alpha IVF
Hey girl I’m under dr sadhana also I like her too! but I failed my first fresh sigh... and I’m turning 33 this year, really scared to fail again next cycle.

31 eggs. 23 usable eggs. But only 5 fertilised due to sperm quality issues. Thankfully, at least have 3 freezeable blasts.

How do you know the low fertilisation rate is due to sperm quality issues? I thought by default, doctors love to blame it on “egg quality”. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just the skill of the embryologist(s) / lab condition cause always thought that fertilisation rate on mature eggs should be quite high especially for ICSI.

How do you know the low fertilisation rate is due to sperm quality issues? I thought by default, doctors love to blame it on “egg quality”. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just the skill of the embryologist(s) / lab condition cause always thought that fertilisation rate on mature eggs should be quite high especially for ICSI.
I tnink it’s both. Second time round fertilisation is better for us after my husband did went for more runs and also took supplements. For us the number of eggs are fixed but for male their sperm will always replenish. So it’s easier for them to improve the quality

failed 2 cycles FET with good lining and 5AA grade blast. really dont know what went wrong.
Hugs .... I read article that even doc can’t tell us exact reason why the embryo didn’t implant..some also say this is a luck game :(

by the way did u try acupuncture or eat supplements during retrieval or post ET

I
Hey girl I’m under dr sadhana also I like her too! but I failed my first fresh sigh... and I’m turning 33 this year, really scared to fail again next cycle.

I feel you babe. I’m equally scared. I think my husband see me cry until like that, he also scared.

When are you scheduled to see her for review? I’m seeing her on 1 Jul. I called KK recently to check on the IVF schedule. They are already fully booked until Aug. just as well, I think it’s worth taking a few months to strengthen my body before I do it again.

I understand. The weight of all our hopes lie on the success of IVF, because there is no other options available to us. I understand.

If time is ticking, go to private. A lot faster. Don't get discouraged. Nurse your body, and try again. Jiayou!

The embryologist say ma... haha...

I don't think doctors will specifically blame any particular factor, unless it is quite clear that it was that particular factor that didn't look too good. But they do like to blame age. Haha!

We actually took some time to improve the sperm before we proceeded. That process took up a good 9 months too, aiiiii

The embryologist say ma... haha...

I don't think doctors will specifically blame any particular factor, unless it is quite clear that it was that particular factor that didn't look too good. But they do like to blame age. Haha!

We actually took some time to improve the sperm before we proceeded. That process took up a good 9 months too, aiiiii
Which dr are u with now?

I

I feel you babe. I’m equally scared. I think my husband see me cry until like that, he also scared.

When are you scheduled to see her for review? I’m seeing her on 1 Jul. I called KK recently to check on the IVF schedule. They are already fully booked until Aug. just as well, I think it’s worth taking a few months to strengthen my body before I do it again.
Yup going for review on 24 june

Hi I'm curious to know about sperm improvement process. What's the success rates of doing that?
Hard to say le. It depends on the exact cause of the issues.

For some people, it may be varicose veins and that may require surgery. For some, sperm boosting meds like Clomid can be taken. The doc may also put the guy on certain vitamins designed to improve the sperm count.

if you are lucky, the sperm count can become normal enough for IVF. If not, may have to proceed for ICSI. Some doctors may also recommend extracting the sperms from the testicles directly - but this one may result in immature sperms.

Can't tell you the success rates, as it differs from person to person. Best is to get the guy to see the urologist for professional advice.

Good luck!

Hi sisters, i’m 12dp5dt… having cramps for the last 2 days and today period finally came, not full flow but there are blood clots. Stopping my crinone gel and calling kkh tmr to see if i can pop by for the beta hcg. *sobz*

Hi sisters, i’m 12dp5dt… having cramps for the last 2 days and today period finally came, not full flow but there are blood clots. Stopping my crinone gel and calling kkh tmr to see if i can pop by for the beta hcg. *sobz*
Hugs girl... I read somewhere that still must continue the medication include the crinone gel till they tell u to stop... cause there may be other reasons for bleeding .. Jia you

just got a call from kk ivf, the beta hcg is negative and my review with doc is 1 month later. any idea if by then i can book my 2nd fresh cycle to be in oct or nov?

just got a call from kk ivf, the beta hcg is negative and my review with doc is 1 month later. any idea if by then i can book my 2nd fresh cycle to be in oct or nov?
anyway are you going for the covid vaccine? kkh nurse shared that as long as completed 2 doses of vacinne, can start ivf cycle immediately, don’t have to wait for a month after vaccine then start

Current am 4dp5dt and as much as I avoid straining my lower abdomen I just had a sneeze that so hard it strained my lower tummy and I can feel abit cramp and pain.. really worried it will affects the implantation.. am I thinking too much?

nope. Endo scratch and intraplid supposed to be recommended by doctor or we can request?
You can request but I believe doctor will also look at your condition and situation.
If the embryos are of good quality, maybe try to prep your body first. Tcm, massage, food intake, acupuncture, vitamins on top of endo scratch, intralipid and steroids are some possible areas you can look into.

Current am 4dp5dt and as much as I avoid straining my lower abdomen I just had a sneeze that so hard it strained my lower tummy and I can feel abit cramp and pain.. really worried it will affects the implantation.. am I thinking too much?
Don’t think too much. Sneezing will not have such a big effect.

I encourage you not to think too much. I have sinus - sneezing is almost a daily affair. I got pregnant after my transfer with my sneezing.

Back