IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes. Fresh cycle.
Throughout the day.. my blood got lesser.
Now is brownish spotting..

Hang in there ya... no matter what, there’s still frozen cycle(s). Fresh works better for some while others swear by FET.

Since it’s not full blown period, stay on the supports and clear ur mind. Many of us had bleeding episodes in 2ww and still scored. But I don’t wanna get ur hopes up... I feel for this journey we are on, learning to take things in our stride is most important. Cause the fighting spirit is what gets us to the end prize. Have to keep trying.

How is ur bleeding? Mine really like period with clots.. No chance of..
Did u conceive?
Ok.. I nv stop my meds. They said to do my bt 2 days earlier..
Mine is 2 day 3 embryos..
I think it's over. I cried the whole morning.
Hi Kitty_Yenn ,

I read that there are some that is still positive even w bleeding and spotting. I had a bfp but miscarriage at 6wks. There was little spotting but i bleed abit more on the came 6th wk, i truly hope its positive for u. If it worries u and bleeding intensify, u may go down to Kkh but nothing much u can do till 2wks later where they can test for results. I know the wait seems forever but hang in there k.

Almondearie and Nana and to other ladies who replied me, truly appreciate ur replies.
Now just brown spotting.. so I'm quite sure by now is not menses. Menses dun last less than a day..
I hope my little beanie stays on.
But won't get my hopes too high.
Will test hpt in few days time.
Wad is mine will ultimately be mine, no matter wad I did.
Thanks everyone =)

I had GDM. You only know around week 20+. In kkh, it’s compulsory to test for it.

I went for the dietician course as recommended by kkh after my GD test. Basically take everything in moderation, including rice. Have a lot of vegetables (2 portions to 1 portion of rice) to control your sugar levels. The above is for all preggers in general.

Milo-O shd be fine but not regularly.

Hi Almondearie, oic.. thank you very much:)

Make me worry, I'm six weeks, but no any symptoms with my tummy...is it normal? wish can go to scan faster...but need to wait until next week then can scan..:(

Make me worry, I'm six weeks, but no any symptoms with my tummy...is it normal? wish can go to scan faster...but need to wait until next week then can scan..:(

What symptoms are u looking at? I think we mentioned that some ladies won’t get symptoms till later or u could be the lucky few with zero morning sickness

Almondearie and Nana and to other ladies who replied me, truly appreciate ur replies.
Now just brown spotting.. so I'm quite sure by now is not menses. Menses dun last less than a day..
I hope my little beanie stays on.
But won't get my hopes too high.
Will test hpt in few days time.
Wad is mine will ultimately be mine, no matter wad I did.
Thanks everyone =)

Hi, i had lotus roots glutinous rice porridge when i was spotting during my 1st pregnancy. Not sure if it really helped ... No2 i was passing out clots and all i did was to snuggle in bed all day long and talk to my little beanie.

If you are on TCM, better stop it as some tcm herbs within the AnTai meds helps 活血。

Brown spotting shows that ur body is discharging old blood so still not too much of a concern unlike red blood.

Good luck and continue to talk to ur beanie!

Heyhey! Dont dwell too much into such all these pregnancy symptoms... it will rob you of your sanity ! My gynea used to tell me i was a lucky MTB with no pregnancy symptoms at all. Some ladies puke till they were hospitalized and were on drips.

Trust me ...: its more important to stay positive and happy now !

Heyhey! Dont dwell too much into such all these pregnancy symptoms... it will rob you of your sanity ! My gynea used to tell me i was a lucky MTB with no pregnancy symptoms at all. Some ladies puke till they were hospitalized and were on drips.

Trust me ...: its more important to stay positive and happy now !
Hi daylesford, wish I can stay positive. thank you very much;)

Hi, i had lotus roots glutinous rice porridge when i was spotting during my 1st pregnancy. Not sure if it really helped ... No2 i was passing out clots and all i did was to snuggle in bed all day long and talk to my little beanie.

If you are on TCM, better stop it as some tcm herbs within the AnTai meds helps 活血。

Brown spotting shows that ur body is discharging old blood so still not too much of a concern unlike red blood.

Good luck and continue to talk to ur beanie!
Hi daylesford,
I'm bleeding 2 days.. stopped ytd Den started again today.. and being crying these 2 days..
Not that i dun wanna be positive but seeing all the bloods and clots, it's like my lining is cleared out.
How long did u bleed? Is it like menses?
Thanks so much for ur words. It's comforting =)

Hi hi anyone cycle now pls. Am on my 4th fresh at kkh under Dr Tan. Was on 3 mth lucrin suppression so no menses. Today went for BT and scan. If all OK shud start slim today. Have done 4 fresh 2 frozen and 3 pregnancies but all miscarried. Trying since 2012. The roller coaster ride begins again

What should e2 level be to start stimulating? And how many follicles present? Heard nurse say L side small right got 4cm 6cm don't know what. BTW is it all right to travel at stimulating stage?

Thank you towkayneo for your concern. I just tried Watson hpt and it showed faint line. Would it be a false alarm? Coz I remember I read somewhere sometimes it might be false alarm. Is it false alarm is for those doing fresh transfer? I’m in my 6dpt5dt
If it's fresh transfer, it could be due to the trigger.
What I suggest is, you may want to try HPT same time every morning. If the HPT lines are stronger and stronger, you know it's GOOD NEWS.

Haloo to all sisters. I see a lot of familiar names still here supporting. And many of succeeded. Happy for you all.

Have been OK. No guts and needed a break from this ttc. But now am back again. Today stimulating day 1. Gong to collect med. How r u.

Haloo to all sisters. I see a lot of familiar names still here supporting. And many of succeeded. Happy for you all.

Have been OK. No guts and needed a break from this ttc. But now am back again. Today stimulating day 1. Gong to collect med. How r u.

Am supposed to start gonal f now. But doctor prescribed ganirelix for 4 days and I must go clinic again on Monday to repeat blood test a and scan

Hi hi anyone cycle now pls. Am on my 4th fresh at kkh under Dr Tan. Was on 3 mth lucrin suppression so no menses. Today went for BT and scan. If all OK shud start slim today. Have done 4 fresh 2 frozen and 3 pregnancies but all miscarried. Trying since 2012. The roller coaster ride begins again

Just wondering, since u should have already used up the Govt funding, why don’t u consider doing in pte?

Hi All,

I just start the IVF, this is my 5th day of self injection. I keep wondering what to eat or not good to eat bcos i've asked the nurse, she said no food to avoid. Appreciate for your advice..
Anyway I'm doing the IVF at KKH, Im looking forward to join your joy and get the baby dust from you all..

Hi daylesford,
I'm bleeding 2 days.. stopped ytd Den started again today.. and being crying these 2 days..
Not that i dun wanna be positive but seeing all the bloods and clots, it's like my lining is cleared out.
How long did u bleed? Is it like menses?
Thanks so much for ur words. It's comforting =)

Hugs ! i know how it feels and i got phobia every time i visited the toilet.
I had dramatic episodes ... My spots/bleeding was a tinge of pinkish dot to passing out menses
blood that soaked the whole pad within an hr type to passing out blood clots as big as 50cents in width.
Was hospitalized in 2 occasions by my ivf dr then... and all these spotting/bleeding episodes eventually
stopped by mid of Trimester 2 when the baby started growing and the waterbag pressed onto the uterus wall.

Nope, I only had folic acid and a cup of soya milk every morning to prep for the lining, that's all. Maybe increase the number of whole eggs for meals? That's all.
I see! Cos I have been taking Blackmore's Conceive Well for my last 2 cycles. I don't feel like taking for this round as I feel my body system is do intoxicated with all the drugs! Hahaha!

I’m contemplating going through the subsidized route (polyclinic then kkhivf centre) for FET this time. So that I stay on subsidized scheme if I really do get pregnant.

Anyone is queuing for FET now via subsidized route and what’s the waiting period between polyclinic visit and kkhivf doc visit and slated fet?

Any mummies have tried (and succeeded) to get Dr Tan HH as appointed gynae for delivery during final weeks of pregnancy?

During my first ivf pregnancy, Dr Tan was my ivf doc cum ob-gyn and what I heard was he’s so popular, he only takes on private patients for ivf and will only be ob-gyn for his ivf patients. Not sure if this is still the case now.

I’m contemplating going through the subsidized route (polyclinic then kkhivf centre) for FET this time. So that I stay on subsidized scheme if I really do get pregnant.

Anyone is queuing for FET now via subsidized route and what’s the waiting period between polyclinic visit and kkhivf doc visit and slated fet?

Any mummies have tried (and succeeded) to get Dr Tan HH as appointed gynae for delivery during final weeks of pregnancy?

During my first ivf pregnancy, Dr Tan was my ivf doc cum ob-gyn and what I heard was he’s so popular, he only takes on private patients for ivf and will only be ob-gyn for his ivf patients. Not sure if this is still the case now.

Not with kkh but I believe doc Tan HH only see pte patients for both IVF and non IVF mummies

His appt is so packed that my Friend who is non IVF can only see him after office hours for consultation sessions

Not with kkh but I believe doc Tan HH only see pte patients for both IVF and non IVF mummies

His appt is so packed that my Friend who is non IVF can only see him after office hours for consultation sessions

Sigh I trying to save some money but Dr Tan took such good care of me during my ivf journey that I’ve always seen him as my lucky star. Plus my pregnancy wasn’t exactly a smooth one with bleeding episodes thru’out 1st tri then GD and finally low amniotic fluid leading to induced birth. Even during my 36-hr birth, it felt so reassuring when he arrived and told me he will “help” me push...

Lol so I’ve answered my own question. Think I’ll just go back to private at kkh. Thanks Dreamscometrue...

Sigh I trying to save some money but Dr Tan took such good care of me during my ivf journey that I’ve always seen him as my lucky star. Plus my pregnancy wasn’t exactly a smooth one with bleeding episodes thru’out 1st tri then GD and finally low amniotic fluid leading to induced birth. Even during my 36-hr birth, it felt so reassuring when he arrived and told me he will “help” me push...

Lol so I’ve answered my own question. Think I’ll just go back to private at kkh. Thanks Dreamscometrue...

Hi Almondearie,
Once we are v comfortable with an assuring and professional doctor, it becomes difficult to accept another Dr especially for IVF and gynecology related issues. It happened to me when I gotta switch to another obgynea for my no2. I even went back to my IVF dr to remove my csec stitches & post-partum checks. So go along with your heart... its really paying to get a peace of mind that everything will be good hands.

Good Luck for your FET...

Personally I feel if your preg is complicated, it’s even more necessary to see a pte doc cos sub patients see different doc all the time and it can be just those MOs on duty..

They will not be as detailed. But since u have decided to stick to doc Tan :)

How old is for no. 1 now before u decided to go for another FET?

Personally I feel if your preg is complicated, it’s even more necessary to see a pte doc cos sub patients see different doc all the time and it can be just those MOs on duty..

They will not be as detailed. But since u have decided to stick to doc Tan :)

How old is for no. 1 now before u decided to go for another FET?

15 months... I was thinking of spacing it out further... but I called kkh, their blackout dates are like 1 to 24 dec, 14 to 30 Jan and feb cny week. So based on my period, my fet will be around end feb to mar. No guarantees the first try this round will work so I’m factoring in some buffer as well and realized I should trigger for the process now.

Have tried naturally past couple of months but I’m not hopeful cause my cycles are still not consistent. Some say after 1st child, we’d be really fertile but perhaps I’ve missed the 1st yr window.

15 months... I was thinking of spacing it out further... but I called kkh, their blackout dates are like 1 to 24 dec, 14 to 30 Jan and feb cny week. So based on my period, my fet will be around end feb to mar. No guarantees the first try this round will work so I’m factoring in some buffer as well and realized I should trigger for the process now.

Have tried naturally past couple of months but I’m not hopeful cause my cycles are still not consistent. Some say after 1st child, we’d be really fertile but perhaps I’ve missed the 1st yr window.

I see.. how many frozen embryos do u have left?

That’s a 1 million dollar question. Haha.. your embryos are blasto? Which hosp are u with?

Ya blastocysts... but by right the embryologist will select the best few for ur first tries. So I reckon that means what is left behind don’t look as good. So put 2 higher chance?

Though I have to say my boy didn’t look as good as a blastocyst but he’s one hell of a survivor. Knocked out the other blast who got transferred with him, survived bleeding in 2ww thru 1st tri and tahan 36 hours of birth without the slightest sign of weakness (cos I was so worried about his heartbeat slowing, I was ready to throw in the towel and opt for c sect).

So u never know...

Ya blastocysts... but by right the embryologist will select the best few for ur first tries. So I reckon that means what is left behind don’t look as good. So put 2 higher chance?

Though I have to say my boy didn’t look as good as a blastocyst but he’s one hell of a survivor. Knocked out the other blast who got transferred with him, survived bleeding in 2ww thru 1st tri and tahan 36 hours of birth without the slightest sign of weakness (cos I was so worried about his heartbeat slowing, I was ready to throw in the towel and opt for c sect).

So u never know...

I’m not a doctor so I can’t really comment to transfer 1 or 2..

But if fortunately kana twins, the womb/ body may be more stressed. So this is something which you have to factor in as well.

I was told by my doc that the chance of success for 1 or 2 embryos is not much different. But ultimately is still your choice!

I’m not a doctor so I can’t really comment to transfer 1 or 2..

But if fortunately kana twins, the womb/ body may be more stressed. So this is something which you have to factor in as well.

I was told by my doc that the chance of success for 1 or 2 embryos is not much different. But ultimately is still your choice!

U’re not a doc but I appreciate your sharing ur views.

Dr Tan is also an advocate for transferring 1. I think I’ll likely do that. Don’t think I can cope with twins (infantcare =$$$).

Back