IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Almondearie,
Once we are v comfortable with an assuring and professional doctor, it becomes difficult to accept another Dr especially for IVF and gynecology related issues. It happened to me when I gotta switch to another obgynea for my no2. I even went back to my IVF dr to remove my csec stitches & post-partum checks. So go along with your heart... its really paying to get a peace of mind that everything will be good hands.

Good Luck for your FET...

Thank you... and yes I guess the doc is worth the premium. It’s not much compared to his dedication.

U’re not a doc but I appreciate your sharing ur views.

Dr Tan is also an advocate for transferring 1. I think I’ll likely do that. Don’t think I can cope with twins (infantcare =$$$).

Almondearie,
Yes i am with dr tan hh too. Just transfer 1 blasto. heArd so much on premmies in NICU and how some of them are affected in school in the future due to their low birth weight which affected their neuro development.

If we are faint hearters and dont want to deAl with any repercussion in the future, just go with 1 blasto and have a bubbly full term healthy baby.

Hi all, just did HPT using clear blue cond with indicator not pregnant. By right, the sensitively is like 25 and will show 1-2weeks pregnant kind.

I am d9 after d2 embryo transfer. Feeling af is coming and cramping. Yesterday was supposed to be my menses due date if i am not on ivf journey as my cycle is usually 27/28days.

Feeling so depressed. Only had 1 fertilised with grade 3. Having low amh at the age of 20+. 1st cycle only 3 matured and 1 fertilised. Very afraid that if it fails then next fresh wont have any more eggs. I am alr on the max dosage of gonal f 450.

Almondearie,
Yes i am with dr tan hh too. Just transfer 1 blasto. heArd so much on premmies in NICU and how some of them are affected in school in the future due to their low birth weight which affected their neuro development.

If we are faint hearters and dont want to deAl with any repercussion in the future, just go with 1 blasto and have a bubbly full term healthy baby.

Ya I am a faint hearter alright... this journey has humbled me. There are so many things in this world that are out of our hands.

Ok I’ll try 1 blast first.

I can’t even get thru the appointment hotline to get my first appointment with THH...

Hi all, just did HPT using clear blue cond with indicator not pregnant. By right, the sensitively is like 25 and will show 1-2weeks pregnant kind.

I am d9 after d2 embryo transfer. Feeling af is coming and cramping. Yesterday was supposed to be my menses due date if i am not on ivf journey as my cycle is usually 27/28days.

Feeling so depressed. Only had 1 fertilised with grade 3. Having low amh at the age of 20+. 1st cycle only 3 matured and 1 fertilised. Very afraid that if it fails then next fresh wont have any more eggs. I am alr on the max dosage of gonal f 450.

I used to always refer to this timeline I found on the web:

For 3 day embryo
1 day post transfer - embryo is growing and developing
2 days post transfer - Embryo is now a blastocyst
3 days post transfer - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4 days post transfer - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5 days post transfer - Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6 days post transfer - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7 days post transfer - Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8 days post transfer - Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11 days post transfer - HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

15 months... I was thinking of spacing it out further... but I called kkh, their blackout dates are like 1 to 24 dec, 14 to 30 Jan and feb cny week. So based on my period, my fet will be around end feb to mar. No guarantees the first try this round will work so I’m factoring in some buffer as well and realized I should trigger for the process now.

Have tried naturally past couple of months but I’m not hopeful cause my cycles are still not consistent. Some say after 1st child, we’d be really fertile but perhaps I’ve missed the 1st yr window.

May I ask why is there block out from 14 jan to 30 jan too? Thank you.

I see! Cos I have been taking Blackmore's Conceive Well for my last 2 cycles. I don't feel like taking for this round as I feel my body system is do intoxicated with all the drugs! Hahaha!

Blackmores conceive well is not drugs. It’s supplements. The minimum prescribed is folic acid.

What should e2 level be to start stimulating? And how many follicles present? Heard nurse say L side small right got 4cm 6cm don't know what. BTW is it all right to travel at stimulating stage?

4cm 6cm should be a cyst. Did they ask u to do blood test?

Hi hi anyone cycle now pls. Am on my 4th fresh at kkh under Dr Tan. Was on 3 mth lucrin suppression so no menses. Today went for BT and scan. If all OK shud start slim today. Have done 4 fresh 2 frozen and 3 pregnancies but all miscarried. Trying since 2012. The roller coaster ride begins again

Me ♀️ just did ER today for 5th cycle. The nurses also recognize me liao.

Is this your first fresh cycle? Sometimes for people with Low ovarian reserve, it’s better to do a Low dose stimulation as the quality may be better.

U can try to read abit on this

Almondearie,

Wow, if I’m not wrong, u just delivered your no. 2 not too Long ago right ;)

I see.. does your condition require op?
I went for 4 ops.....all laprqscopy in 2012 2014 twice for cysts removal n 2016 for endo. Lucien jabs keep my.menses suppressed for months and pain free.

The only thing at kkh is cannot see Dr tan till er and scans not by him. Supposed to start stimulating last Fri but suddenly med change and have to repeat scan blood test n nurse also say she cannot explain why. Any am back to kkh. Let's see he or goes. Any of u under private message recommend good gynea

Any private non subsidised sis doing ivf in kk? I got a bill of 1216 for last Fri. I paid 400 for med at pharmacy. So this 1216 is for BT n ultrasound? Didn't see doc only nurse briefed. How is payment done pls and what is yr total bill

Just finished bt n scan..liming 6.4 mm and I have two follicles on right 9mm m 7mm even before starting stim. Not sure if can proceed.

I’m contemplating going through the subsidized route (polyclinic then kkhivf centre) for FET this time. So that I stay on subsidized scheme if I really do get pregnant.

Anyone is queuing for FET now via subsidized route and what’s the waiting period between polyclinic visit and kkhivf doc visit and slated fet?

Any mummies have tried (and succeeded) to get Dr Tan HH as appointed gynae for delivery during final weeks of pregnancy?

During my first ivf pregnancy, Dr Tan was my ivf doc cum ob-gyn and what I heard was he’s so popular, he only takes on private patients for ivf and will only be ob-gyn for his ivf patients. Not sure if this is still the case now.
Ehhh...personally, I think that getting pregnant and delivery is like traveling to hell and back, with a baby. IF you really can, stick to the tried-and-tested one who can boost your confidence. I don't trust MOs for major stuff, so for my previous 2 and upcoming one, it's THH all the way and A1 ward :p

I went for 4 ops.....all laprqscopy in 2012 2014 twice for cysts removal n 2016 for endo. Lucien jabs keep my.menses suppressed for months and pain free.

The only thing at kkh is cannot see Dr tan till er and scans not by him. Supposed to start stimulating last Fri but suddenly med change and have to repeat scan blood test n nurse also say she cannot explain why. Any am back to kkh. Let's see he or goes. Any of u under private message recommend good gynea

Not sure about pte hosp gynae. But if u meant fertility doc, I would recommend Dr Roland Chieng. He doesn’t do delivery though

I see! Cos I have been taking Blackmore's Conceive Well for my last 2 cycles. I don't feel like taking for this round as I feel my body system is do intoxicated with all the drugs! Hahaha!

Then don't! sometimes the body seriously doesn't need all the drugs! Follow your heart, but PLS continue with folic acid though.

OK. ...not sure as I haven't start stimulating at all and my life side all v small follicles l. R side 2 big ones n nothing else. So it's looking already at day 6 stim without medication.
I suggest u go waiting for dr tan at his room n look for dr tan nurse n seek dr tan for advise. All e best.

I suggest u go waiting for dr tan at his room n look for dr tan nurse n seek dr tan for advise. All e best.

I second that although today is Monday, he doesn’t have clinic in the morning. Nowadays he spend more time at kkivf@three also. Harder to hunt him down.

They told me start gonal f and pergoveris today. So have officially started cycle.....feeling scared and happy same time lol.

@MichNg cud not see Dr tan. They nurses consulted him. Which day stimulating r u in and what med u using

They told me start gonal f and pergoveris today. So have officially started cycle.....feeling scared and happy same time lol.

@MichNg cud not see Dr tan. They nurses consulted him. Which day stimulating r u in and what med u using

Good that you have started the cycle! All the best.

I did ER on Saturday. This round I did double dose pergoveris. Extracted 17. Tomoro back for discussion on ET.

I did gonal f and pergoveris for my 3rd fresh. Was ok that cycle, BFP but mc again.

My IVF cycle is schedule for January 2019, i was given 7 days hormone pills to induce my menses end December, when should i start taking the pills so i can have my ER/ET around 3rd week of January so i can have my 2WW before CNY? During the 2WW i will be home alone thus considering of food catering, is confinement food like Tianwei advisable? Thanks ladies in advance, first timer and pretty lost on things now.

Ehhh...personally, I think that getting pregnant and delivery is like traveling to hell and back, with a baby. IF you really can, stick to the tried-and-tested one who can boost your confidence. I don't trust MOs for major stuff, so for my previous 2 and upcoming one, it's THH all the way and A1 ward :p

Towkayneo, kkh told me I’ve been discharged so need to start with a consultation first and being a “first” consultation, I need to pay $150++.

So I was wondering if this also means I have to go through all the tests again like HSG etc to re-qualify for ivf? Even with frozen embbies?

Is anyone interested to take over 5 tubes of Crinone gel from me? I went through ER but eggs didn't fertilize, so I didn't get to ET stage. But I had already bought the Crinone gel, so wasted that didn't get to use it.

I just bought on 26 nov. Expiry date 01/2021. Selling cheap because I don't want to waste them.

Please PM me if interested

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if KKH have acupuncture before and after the egg retrieval?

We have to request for it ? Or they will schedule for us ??

Thanks

Towkayneo, kkh told me I’ve been discharged so need to start with a consultation first and being a “first” consultation, I need to pay $150++.

So I was wondering if this also means I have to go through all the tests again like HSG etc to re-qualify for ivf? Even with frozen embbies?
Hi Almondearie,
I did my 2nd fresh cycle recently. My 1st cycle was years ago. I went for their 1st consult as per their protocol. I was lucky that dr tan only got me to repeat those 6mthly test. My hb didn't need to go for SA as well. But again this depends on ur dr.

Hi Almondearie,
I did my 2nd fresh cycle recently. My 1st cycle was years ago. I went for their 1st consult as per their protocol. I was lucky that dr tan only got me to repeat those 6mthly test. My hb didn't need to go for SA as well. But again this depends on ur dr.

Oh that’s good to know! Thanks for sharing! I’m also under dr Tan hh and have frozen embryos in storage for 2 years so was apprehensive about all the tests I may have to go thru again for FET, esp the HSG which hurts for me back then.

Oh that’s good to know! Thanks for sharing! I’m also under dr Tan hh and have frozen embryos in storage for 2 years so was apprehensive about all the tests I may have to go thru again for FET, esp the HSG which hurts for me back then.
When I did my fet only did those routine blood test. Only for fresh cycle, the nurse did went thru those necessary investigation n said that my hb needs tp go for sa and I may need to repeat my hsg and amh. But I told them can check with dr tan if needed cos hsg is uncomfortable. Thank goddess he spared me for it. When I did my er, the nurses also surprised that my amh was years ago. So do ask the nurse to clarify with dr tan if those tests are needed.

Ladies what food did u take during injection stage pls. Am taking egg whites almonds avacado red bean soup.do u take immunocal Brazil nuts durian during er or after et pls

Hi, today is 12dp2t, but i still getting a negative. When do you all start to show positive? Feeling very depressed.

Hello dear...

I sense your desperation. I got my BFP 8dp5dt, so around 11dp2dt but it was faint.
Please don’t give up! When if your blood test?

Btw, very high dose of stims is not always the best way to get good quality eggs, esp in your case of lower ovarian reserves. You could consider a different consultant. Every doc has their own experience and cocktail and it may not work with all patients.

You are still very young. Don’t give up. You will be blessed.

When I did my fet only did those routine blood test. Only for fresh cycle, the nurse did went thru those necessary investigation n said that my hb needs tp go for sa and I may need to repeat my hsg and amh. But I told them can check with dr tan if needed cos hsg is uncomfortable. Thank goddess he spared me for it. When I did my er, the nurses also surprised that my amh was years ago. So do ask the nurse to clarify with dr tan if those tests are needed.

Thanks thanks... ur reassurance is God sent. I have booked my appt with thh on 27 dec. Cause I was contemplating going thru subsidized route. If there r going to be tests, the cost difference will be greater. So now I can still try to stick with my lucky star lol.

Hi @Eustoma, is it possible to advice me which hospital provide acupuncture? Is it necessary for ivf tratment ? I’m not sure but I heard NUH provide acupuncture service for ivf patient.

Hello,

Accupuncture is up to individuals whether u want to have it. Some of us believe it helps. Seek your doc advice too.

Not sure abt the hospitals. You may call up to check.
You may also go to tcm doc that offers accupuncture service.

Hi all the mummies-to-be,

My Husband and I will be returning 200 red eggs to ZSNN at Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Temple (184 Jalan Toa Payoh Singapore 319944) on 7th Dec 2018 (Fri) which also fall on a 初一, from 11am, to thank ZSNN for blessing us with a healthy baby boy.

Feel free to visit the temple 11am to 5pm to receive the blessing.

Best wishes and Baby dust to all of you! :)

Last edited:

Hi @Eustoma, is it possible to advice me which hospital provide acupuncture? Is it necessary for ivf tratment ? I’m not sure but I heard NUH provide acupuncture service for ivf patient.

I don’t think NUH provide acupuncture service, at least when I was their patient.

Usually people has to source their own acupuncture services outside. Near NUH has a Tmc tcm clinic though. U can Google about it

Back