IVF/ICSI Support Group

On Proteins intake, 2 eggs / day will be good during the first stage of Stimulation.
However once there are more follicles (20 or more), we will need to progressively ramp up our proteins based on the no. of follicles.

For fresh transfer, the Overidrel jab (synthetic hcg) will further result in the possibility of developing OHSS.
This is the key reason why some doctors will recommend ladies who potentially have chances of developing OHSS
to opt for FET instead of fresh cycle transfer.

I was over stimulated with more than 60 follicles for 2 of my stims cycle.
During the peak, I was taking about 10-12 egg whites daily. Also took Immunocal proteins shake to help boost the proteins intake as its not easy to consume so many egg whites. Ensure Milk is another good option. Its loaded with Proteins but it's fatty too.

http://funggohpharma.com.sg/immunocal.php
Any significant weight gain after drinking Ensure? :p

Hello..

anyone tried Blackmores Conceive Well Gold? Will the supplement help?

Currently waiting for gynae appointment for further advice to proceed with 1st IVF.
It depends on why you need to do Ivf but supplementing is common. For what to supplement, you could read the book, “it starts with an egg”

Hello,
Gg to start the ivf soon. But still feeling a bit lost here. Just wondering what is the difference between day 3 and blastocyst transfer? Like which is better?
Is it usually just between day 3 and day 5? Or there is day 6, day 7, etc trsf?
For the ER, is it whatever eggs there are wil be retrieved?
Thank you for the attention!
There isn’t much difference .. depending on the doctor which will advise accordingly based on their preference. There is D2/3 that will be successful and there is blastocysts that won’t.

You can go 2 eggs* per day now, kiasu, a week before embryo retrieval, 3-4 eggs per day. After embryo retrieval can slow down liao or stop. That's what I do. But after embryo retrieval has to drink lotsa of water to prevent OHSS, depending on how many eggs are retrieved. The higher the number of eggs retrieved, the higher the chances of OHSS.

*can omit the yolks if you are afraid of cholesterol.

Hello,
How come OHSS can occur after ER? I tot no more stims after ER?

Btw, so increase protein intake is not really for the quality of eggs but more for the growth right?

Thank u.

Hello,
How come OHSS can occur after ER? I tot no more stims after ER?

Btw, so increase protein intake is not really for the quality of eggs but more for the growth right?

Thank u.

Every follicle that is extracted leaves behind a vaccum which will be filled by fluid and blood. So the more follicles u extract, the more fluid and blood. Its like when u hv a surgery to remove something, that area is usually swollen and bruised. Same theory i think. I extracted more than 40 follicles and i felt the worst the day after ER.

I had my bloodtest done yest. Only 73.5. Asked me to carry on with duphagestrone n crinone and go back for another bloodtest on mon.

But i having spotting today, do i continue with the med?

I had my bloodtest done yest. Only 73.5. Asked me to carry on with duphagestrone n crinone and go back for another bloodtest on mon.

But i having spotting today, do i continue with the med?

Dun give up. Every individual's hcg level is different. As long as u more than double on mon, you are on track. Is your spotting alot? And its brown? I have been spotting randomly accompanied by cramps since week 4 and have survived till now week 7.

Definitely continue with the meds for now. Lots of baby dust to u!

Stay optimistic! Continue to eat healthily and get plenty of rest. Very common that IVF preganancies experience spotting. Be timely administering the progesterone supplements. Our body is not producing any in a medicated cycle or fresh transfer cycle, so you need to give it lots of progesterone ok?

Baby dust to you.

Hi,

This is the one right?

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    780.7 KB · Views: 412
Anyone on orgalutran and gonal - f? After my 3rd day of orgalutran been having headache daily. Unsure if that's 1 of the side effects and anyone experiencing that as well. Started gonal-f today. And it's the same.. Headache.

Dun give up. Every individual's hcg level is different. As long as u more than double on mon, you are on track. Is your spotting alot? And its brown? I have been spotting randomly accompanied by cramps since week 4 and have survived till now week 7.

Definitely continue with the meds for now. Lots of baby dust to u!
Thks Jo777.
The spotting not much and its dark brown in colour.
Tested on pregnancy test kit, the 2nd line is super faint. so i guess my hcg may be dropping instead of doubling.

Stay optimistic! Continue to eat healthily and get plenty of rest. Very common that IVF preganancies experience spotting. Be timely administering the progesterone supplements. Our body is not producing any in a medicated cycle or fresh transfer cycle, so you need to give it lots of progesterone ok?

Baby dust to you.

Thanks Salami.

Hello! I am starting my 2nd cycle this week. Going to call KKIVF later that my menses is here. Anyone here will be on same cycle as me? :)

Just got my beta hcg result. It dropped from 73.5 to 22. Nurse asked to stop all med n menses will be back anytime. But they still want me to go back for another round of beta hcg next mon. Dunno why i need to take so many beta hcg test.

Just got my beta hcg result. It dropped from 73.5 to 22. Nurse asked to stop all med n menses will be back anytime. But they still want me to go back for another round of beta hcg next mon. Dunno why i need to take so many beta hcg test.

Oh dear ): So sorry to hear that ): Hope things take a turn around for you for the best somehow next Monday. Hang in there... lots of hugs for you...

Anyone on orgalutran and gonal - f? After my 3rd day of orgalutran been having headache daily. Unsure if that's 1 of the side effects and anyone experiencing that as well. Started gonal-f today. And it's the same.. Headache.

Everyone body react differently. If mild headache or some cramps or discomfort may exist for some women. If it affects you badly, maybe can talk to the dr during the next consultation

Hi Yummy, they want to ensure that everything is clear from your system...

Hi ladies, I would like to know after doing endoscratch, when can we start taking pills to induce my menses? I plan to do my FET next month. Isn’t doing endoscratch will have higher chance in implantation?

Just went for consultation last week and ask the Dr in NUH abt this endo scratch.
She mentioned need to do one cycle b4 ur transfer.
so if u planning to do endo scratch..U hv to get it done next cycle..and FET will be on the next cycle after that

Dr also said it may help with implantation but no exact evidence for it..

They will inform u on the day of ER. Usually its on the 5th day where the embryos reach blastocyst. However, depending on individuals and your embryo, the dr may rransfer on day 3 after ER

I see..thank you. So it means will be fresh trsf since no mention of frozen trsf on ER day?

What questions shld we ask or what things shld we look out for on ET day when we get to meet the doc again?

Btw, do we meet up with the embryologist? Does kkh call us to update on the embryos before ET?

And what shld we eat after ER and moving fwd?

Thank you!

What questions shld we ask or what things shld we look out for on ET day when we get to meet the doc again?

Btw, do we meet up with the embryologist? Does kkh call us to update on the embryos before ET?

And what shld we eat after ER and moving fwd?

Thank you!
On the day of ER, they will update you the num of eggs retrieve but they won't be able to advise the quality or success since they need to wait till day 3 or day 5(blastocyst) for ET. ET procedure is probably about 10mins where the DR will tell u how many eggs manage to reach blastocyst and if they will be able to freeze any for future cycles. The embryologist will also be present to inform you. Sometimes they cant tell you the num to freeze as some have not reach their ideal state. If they dun, they will inform you during the next appt which will be the blood test date in 2weeks to check if you are pregnant.

Hihi im new in this forum but been in recurrent MC forum before.
I had one live birth which is normal and easy to get. Subsequently i did pregnant #2,3,4 but all ended up in MC at early stages. Did all the test for recurrent MC but seems like my result is okay and do not have any big issues slightly high on nk cell but proff mahesh said not big issues. Hub tested w low motility n morphology before we tried on IUI at nuh which was unsuccessful.
I feel very devastated as im quite easily getting pregnant till the last MC we ve been keep trying but never success at all.
I am 42 this year and really longing to have #2 child and my elder also keep asking for it .
Thinking to try on IVF but seems like to give up aswell due to age and the cost also not cheap as no subsidy for me anymore.

Been feeding hub with all the vitamins but seems like nothing is work. Sometimes i feel i just want to give up but when i see my friends around pregnant n have baby i cant seem to give up and forget about it at all.

Sorry for my rant here.

Hi there!
We are similar, 1 have a live birth but subsequently, I have two ectopic pregnancies and A mc. I attempted IVF in 2014/2015 and finally succeeded in 2017. Done 3 fresh and 1 fet cycle.
If you really have such strong desire for no2, don’t hesitate and just go for IVF now.... there’s no sub but u can still use IVF. Jia you

All the women in this forum are very strong minded and determined on this journey. It’s not easy but one day, hopefully very soon, you will see your little one in your arms :)

What to take note and look out for during the 2ww? Thank u.

Actually nothing much, just be on the support meds at the same time everyday, nothing too strenuous, nothing too cold. Oh ya, good to have the habit of wearing socks to bed and let the embryo (s) sort it out themselves.

Good luck!

Actually nothing much, just be on the support meds at the same time everyday, nothing too strenuous, nothing too cold. Oh ya, good to have the habit of wearing socks to bed and let the embryo (s) sort it out themselves.

Good luck!

Thank you!
I havent been on the support meds at the same time for these few days.
But have been wearing socks..feet like seem to get cold easily.

Back