IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all
I would like to enquire for costing.
Do we have to pay any cash deposit before ER/ET? Or when everything is over?
Ive used up my medisave 2 cycle for iui. And my upcoming ivf will be considered 3rd.
So im quite worried if we have to pay alot for cash deposit...

Pay after cycle is over. If both u and hub are Singaporean then most likely you don’t have to fork out cash for 3rd Ivf since there is subsidy.

anyone did keyhole surgery here ?
i did my lap surgery about 1 year ago.

when i squat down, there seems to be a tugging feel at my belly button area where the incision was made.

its just a tugging feel, not painful. i just want to know if anyone the same ?

anyone did keyhole surgery here ?
i did my lap surgery about 1 year ago.

when i squat down, there seems to be a tugging feel at my belly button area where the incision was made.

its just a tugging feel, not painful. i just want to know if anyone the same ?

I did laparascopy twice but did not feel any tugging feeling. Have you asked your dr?

I used the alcohol swab to wipe away the pergoveris solution at the tip of the needle before inserting. Helped me a lot with the stinging.
Ahh i didnt thought of that.. But the nurse told me to put an ice pack on my tummy before jabbing pergoveris.. Erm..doesnt make any difference tho.. Lol! Still sting!

Yes it is! All the best to u too!! Now im on my 2ww... Waiting kills...
Not sure what to expect..
Just finish drinking my tamarind paste soup..suddenly wanted to drink something sour..
How bout u? First time?

Ooh 2ww! Try to relax and watch comedies etc. :)
I did my 1st IVF in 2015. Had only 1 embryo fertilized despite retrieving 15 eggs and had to do delayed transfer. BFP with that and gave birth in 2016. (hopefully this gives hope to people reading this! :) )
I did my 2nd IVF a few mths back but with delayed transfer. Hoping to do my FET this month.

Ooh 2ww! Try to relax and watch comedies etc. :)
I did my 1st IVF in 2015. Had only 1 embryo fertilized despite retrieving 15 eggs and had to do delayed transfer. BFP with that and gave birth in 2016. (hopefully this gives hope to people reading this! :) )
I did my 2nd IVF a few mths back but with delayed transfer. Hoping to do my FET this month.
Oh wow! Congrats on ur BFP! 1st IVF.. !
Any tips so far? I mean for foods to eat n so on...
15 eggs is alot.. I only gt 9 eggs out of me..
Sorry but.. Why the delay transfer may i ask?

I thk usually requeue is about 3 to 4 months not very sure about this. But I did only once IVF with Dr THH and it was a success for our first try. Currently I am already 21 weeks pregnant, hope to pass the baby dust to you as well.

He is a good doctor with lots of patience , even during my first trimester I had bleeding and he asked me not to worry and ordered the support jab for me.

Yes I am able to see the screen when he inserted the embryo during my FET. I won't forget how he told me that my beautiful embryo is in my womb after the FET :)

I was having pain during the FET process when the forcep was being used, but he managed to do it quickly to lessen the pain and comfort me that it's gg to be done. I don't thk I'll be able to find another Doctor like him :) that's why I am sticking w him as delivery doctor :)

Congrats! THH is great, he delivered for me too :)

hi all

can someone brief me on fet process? going to gynae in feb to discuss fet process for my 3 frozen embryos from last successful fresh ivf.
first time on fet.

thanks all!

Will you have review with doc first? It depends on natural or medicated FET. For my FET, THH prescribes letozole to eat. It’s a pill which I take for about 5 days then go back to the clinic about 3 times to check lining and then once your ovulation is near/arrive they will transfer for you.

Btw, how old is your current child? Trying to gauge when I should start my FET too :)

Oh wow! Congrats on ur BFP! 1st IVF.. !
Any tips so far? I mean for foods to eat n so on...
15 eggs is alot.. I only gt 9 eggs out of me..
Sorry but.. Why the delay transfer may i ask?

Tips?
Wear socks during 2WW esp when it's so cold now.

Foodwise :
Prenatals + folic acid
Durian a few days before and after ET
Longan red date tea
Brazil nuts
Walnuts
Raisins
Figs
Kiwi
No cold water
No tea/coffee
Confinement food for 2 weeks after FET
Lots of plain water
1 tsp chlorophyll in water daily

Yup 15 is a lot but i only have 1 normally fertilized.
For my 2nd IVF, I only had 2 normally fertilized.
For my 1st IVF, I had high progesterone so my Dr said the embryo won't implant cos of it. So we did the transfer the following month.
Since it was a success, my current Dr suggested we do a FET again. This time round I did an endo-scratch too.

Tips?
Wear socks during 2WW esp when it's so cold now.

Foodwise :
Prenatals + folic acid
Durian a few days before and after ET
Longan red date tea
Brazil nuts
Walnuts
Raisins
Figs
Kiwi
No cold water
No tea/coffee
Confinement food for 2 weeks after FET
Lots of plain water
1 tsp chlorophyll in water daily

Yup 15 is a lot but i only have 1 normally fertilized.
For my 2nd IVF, I only had 2 normally fertilized.
For my 1st IVF, I had high progesterone so my Dr said the embryo won't implant cos of it. So we did the transfer the following month.
Since it was a success, my current Dr suggested we do a FET again. This time round I did an endo-scratch too.
What kind of prenatals did u take? Any brand? :)

Hi everyone! Its probably been 2 years or more since i last logged in. My last failed FET was in Dec 2015 and was supposed to go back for another FET in Feb 2016 and i was so scared of the heartbreak and disappointment that i wanted to take a year break. Of course, that didnt materialised because i just couldnt muster up my courage to try again.

So now, i definitely going to try again because so pitiful seeing my child kept asking if she can have a baby sister/boy to play.. :( That really pierce my heart, i tell u. She is 4yo btw, so i think most of girls here who had done fresh/fet and gave birth in 2013 would already had their 2nd child.

Btw, i would like to know the timeline of FET cycle with hormones, I met with Dr Tan just this week but i totally forget to ask the timeline. My hubby planning to go for a short trip during the March school hols, so i dunno if i shud do in Feb or March. My period always arrive on 1st week of the month though and i know that there will a few scans in between, right?

Ladies,
The cycle before IVF, did you take duphaston from beginning of your cycle?
I’m going for my first IVF with NUH, they said in next my cycle I should take 2 pills of duphaston from CD2 for 17 days. I never heard of such a scheme, can’t understand why I need it...

Will you have review with doc first? It depends on natural or medicated FET. For my FET, THH prescribes letozole to eat. It’s a pill which I take for about 5 days then go back to the clinic about 3 times to check lining and then once your ovulation is near/arrive they will transfer for you.

Btw, how old is your current child? Trying to gauge when I should start my FET too :)

my kiddo is 3 years now. more manageable :)

Congrats on ur last frsh ivf..any tips before and after transfer :) for first timer

thanks!

before transfer - i ate a lot ( really a lot) of egg whites
After transfer - i took leave and rest at home for abt a week. but told everyone that i am on overseas leave. so i would not get bothered by office work or be lured by friends to go out..

Ladies,
The cycle before IVF, did you take duphaston from beginning of your cycle?
I’m going for my first IVF with NUH, they said in next my cycle I should take 2 pills of duphaston from CD2 for 17 days. I never heard of such a scheme, can’t understand why I need it...

Did you ask the Dr? Could it be to regulate your cycle? Actually, sometimes there's no standard protocol for everybody so it's better to ask the Dr why the Dr is suggesting this and that. And when doing IVF, I suggest you ask ALL the questions you want to ask your Dr during your appointments. It's good to know more than to keep guessing cos can cause stress also. I think I always keep asking until my Dr also wonder why I ask so many questions. :p

I've taken duphaston after ivf but not before.

the_spinsterella,
I think I mixed up everything, my doc was away and lady-consultant from NUH clinic for human reproduction was rushing to finish IVF counseling with me and I understood her wrongly. Likely I will see Prof Wong next week before mences. It seems I should take duphaston from CD16 of next mences.

thanks!

before transfer - i ate a lot ( really a lot) of egg whites
After transfer - i took leave and rest at home for abt a week. but told everyone that i am on overseas leave. so i would not get bothered by office work or be lured by friends to go out..

How many egg whites u ate in a day or meal?

not sure if it is a coincidence but I heard a few patients with Dr Roland, mostly those over 35 and had a few ivf failures, will have the 2nd stim cycle being cancelled for no good reason.

My fren is not that "low" responder and had 12 follicles retrieved on her first cycle with low stimulations. On her first stim cycle, she started injections on day6 of the cycle and did comprehensive BT on first day. 2nd stim, she noticed that he did not do comprehensive BT, just LH & FSH. on 2nd visit, my fren said he did not even do a scan. basically he did nothing, just say come back 2 days later, no scan, no additional meds, no bt. on 3rd visit, the scans shows a few follicles but he told the nurse small ones no need to record, so recorded only one bigger one. But there were 3 follicles on the left. He then told my fren to abort the cycle. My fren is not convinced as there are already at least 4 follicles recorded and she hasn't even started on any injections just oral pills. and usually there will be one lead follicle growing faster than the rest. He even ever retrieved only 2 follicles from another lady so no reason why he needs to cancel this one. My fren said he didn't really give any good reason for that and just said ok we will continue the cycle.

His charges are somewhat different from other docs as he charged a package price for scans and BTs for the stim cycle and any cancelled cycle will still need to pay that package amount.

Not sure if others have the same experience? i am about to start the cycle with him and was quite worried when I heard this from my fren......

the_spinsterella,
I think I mixed up everything, my doc was away and lady-consultant from NUH clinic for human reproduction was rushing to finish IVF counseling with me and I understood her wrongly. Likely I will see Prof Wong next week before mences. It seems I should take duphaston from CD16 of next mences.
Hi Alishablond, NUH dont give duphaston before stimm, i believe u got the name wrongly, it should be progynova which u are taking now.. probably u can look at the name of the pill

not sure if it is a coincidence but I heard a few patients with Dr Roland, mostly those over 35 and had a few ivf failures, will have the 2nd stim cycle being cancelled for no good reason.

My fren is not that "low" responder and had 12 follicles retrieved on her first cycle with low stimulations. On her first stim cycle, she started injections on day6 of the cycle and did comprehensive BT on first day. 2nd stim, she noticed that he did not do comprehensive BT, just LH & FSH. on 2nd visit, my fren said he did not even do a scan. basically he did nothing, just say come back 2 days later, no scan, no additional meds, no bt. on 3rd visit, the scans shows a few follicles but he told the nurse small ones no need to record, so recorded only one bigger one. But there were 3 follicles on the left. He then told my fren to abort the cycle. My fren is not convinced as there are already at least 4 follicles recorded and she hasn't even started on any injections just oral pills. and usually there will be one lead follicle growing faster than the rest. He even ever retrieved only 2 follicles from another lady so no reason why he needs to cancel this one. My fren said he didn't really give any good reason for that and just said ok we will continue the cycle.

His charges are somewhat different from other docs as he charged a package price for scans and BTs for the stim cycle and any cancelled cycle will still need to pay that package amount.

Not sure if others have the same experience? i am about to start the cycle with him and was quite worried when I heard this from my fren......

Roland is a vy straightforward dr. If u have doubts just ask him, he will explain .
Yes he charged package price for ivf scans for the whole stimulation period. Unfortunately If happen Tat ur response to the stimulation isn’t good n need to b cancel, u have already paid in the beginning so consider gone. U can post the question to him that wat if cancel cycle how? U pay so much for the scan package n see wat can he help u..
He always has his reason to wat he decided but ask when u are in doubts . I went thru few cycles with him n have 3 gals now. I trust his decision n when I have doubts I gave him the reason y I want the other way then if he feels not right he explains to me y he prefers his way. When I told him I nvr success frozen cycle in my history n he agree to do fresh trsf for me which he dun practise nowadays , but he made a last min decision to get when he sees Tat I have mild ohss after er. I listened to him n had twin for that cycle.

Hi Alishablond, NUH dont give duphaston before stimm, i believe u got the name wrongly, it should be progynova which u are taking now.. probably u can look at the name of the pill

They give duphaston the cycle before, and with that we’re able to estimate when the actual cycle will start, and the flow is usually a proper flow instead of spotting.

Progynova is given during the FET cycle.

the_spinsterella,

Just call CHR and check with them. They should have given you a hard copy of the schedule also?

the_spinsterella,

Oooh.. I'm with NUH too but with Dr Shakina. :)
I'm doing FET but I took mercilon last month and then just started progynova from my CD1.
All the best for your IVF!

They give duphaston the cycle before, and with that we’re able to estimate when the actual cycle will start, and the flow is usually a proper flow instead of spotting.

Progynova is given during the FET cycle.
Oh okay... Probably i had my ER in sept17 so i cant rmb i was given duphaston before stimm... i know progynova and mercilon is given for Fet
I thought duphaston is only given when one is pregnant...

Oooh.. I'm with NUH too but with Dr Shakina. :)
I'm doing FET but I took mercilon last month and then just started progynova from my CD1.
All the best for your IVF!
Hi, the_spinsterella!
Are you as a private patient this time?

I saw Dr Shakina last week bcz Pr Wong was not there. She is very nice friendly lady.
I could not understand Prof Wong when we will start my first IVF, he is a man of few words. I used situation that he is away and asked Dr Shakina if we can start as soon as possible. She said Ok and sent me to their clinic for human reproduction to make full schedule and counseling session. I didn't realize that it is difficult to get a slot for counseling, they are fully booked until the end of Feb, without that session you can't start IVF. The counseling lady was nice&understanding and did short session with me right then(15 min instead of 1.5 hrs). That's why I mixed up everything.
So they scheduled me on February after CNY. Next Monday I & hubby going for paper work and also to see Prof Wong, I'll find out when to start duphaston. Hope he will be not angry that we decided without him when to start IVF.

Last edited:
Hi, the_spinsterella!
Are you as a private patient this time?

I saw Dr Shakina last week bcz Pr Wong was not there. She is very nice friendly lady.
I could not understand Prof Wong when we will start my first IVF, he is a man of few words. I used situation that he is away and asked Dr Shakina if we can start as soon as possible. She said Ok and sent me to their clinic for human reproduction to make full schedule and counseling session. I didn't realize that it is difficult to get a slot for counseling, they are fully booked until the end of Feb, without that session you can't start IVF. The counseling lady was nice&understanding and did short session with me right then(15 min instead of 1.5 hrs). That's why I mixed up everything.
So they scheduled me on February after CNY. Next Monday I & hubby going for paper work and also to see Prof Wong, I'll find out when to start duphaston. Hope he will be not angry that we decided without him when to start IVF.

Yes I'm a private patient. Yup I did heard that Prof Wong is a man of few words although he's super expert. That's one of the reason I chose Shakina. Shakina is indeed v friendly and always so cheerful. :) I clicked with her instantly.

Ooh yes, you must go for counselling and the CHR is always v v busy! And yes, you have to queue for IVF. I had to wait a couple of months too before I was scheduled. However, the nurses there are all so nice and friendly so you can ask them also. I find them very knowledgeable as well.

Maybe you tell Prof Wong that you want to proceed asap. Unless.. he has other plans for you ie. IUI or something.

Hi all, is it advisable to do fresh or frozen as i prone to ohss, prof advise to freeze all and proceed et after 1 month???

If u having risk of ohss, is best to freeze all the embryos and proceed to FET as by then all medicine of the injection will be purge by then. At least ur body is at the optimal state to receive the embryo

If u having risk of ohss, is best to freeze all the embryos and proceed to FET as by then all medicine of the injection will be purge by then. At least ur body is at the optimal state to receive the embryo

Ok i will ask Prof to change the comment as i told him i prefer fresh, faint...cos i so afraid embryos dont survive the thaw process, Thanks for your advice!

the_spinsterella,

why you didn't go to Raffles again? How many eggs/embryos you have now?

Cos RH is expensive and I want to make use of the co-funding this time round.
My previous cycle I had only 1 which leads to BFP. If I go RH and get 0 embryos from aanother cycle, then I surely will regret.
My 2nd IVF (NUH) I had 2 embryos frozen and hoping to use 1 of them for this coming FET.

Although each time I produce more than 10 eggs, I have very low fertilization rate.

Back