IVF/ICSI Support Group

Oh okay... Probably i had my ER in sept17 so i cant rmb i was given duphaston before stimm... i know progynova and mercilon is given for Fet
I thought duphaston is only given when one is pregnant...

Cos duphaston is basically progesterone.

Can be given during 2ww as artificial progesterone support.

And in a normal woman’s cycle, the body produces progesterone during literal phase. The decrease of the hormone signals to the body that it’s time for the next period to start. That’s why it’s also used to time cycles.

Cos duphaston is basically progesterone.

Can be given during 2ww as artificial progesterone support.

And in a normal woman’s cycle, the body produces progesterone during literal phase. The decrease of the hormone signals to the body that it’s time for the next period to start. That’s why it’s also used to time cycles.
Oh means to induce menses also? Okay thanks!

Hi all
I would like to enquire for costing.
Do we have to pay any cash deposit before ER/ET? Or when everything is over?
Ive used up my medisave 2 cycle for iui. And my upcoming ivf will be considered 3rd.
So im quite worried if we have to pay alot for cash deposit...
I used 2 x for soiui. On my first fresh i paid appx 1.6k cash. The bill comes appx 2-4 weeks after et.

Cos RH is expensive and I want to make use of the co-funding this time round.
My previous cycle I had only 1 which leads to BFP. If I go RH and get 0 embryos from aanother cycle, then I surely will regret.
My 2nd IVF (NUH) I had 2 embryos frozen and hoping to use 1 of them for this coming FET.

Although each time I produce more than 10 eggs, I have very low fertilization rate.

hi sis, by low fertilization rate, what is the % in your case?

i just did my er for second fresh and only 7 out of 12 eggs were fertilized. for my first fresh, 8 out of 13 were fertilized... a bit upset and disappointed :(

i just did my er for second fresh and only 7 out of 12 eggs were fertilized. for my first fresh, 8 out of 13 were fertilized... a bit upset and disappointed :(

Hi Hopeful23,

Your numbers are a lot better than mine. I managed to retrieve 7 oocytes for my first fresh cycle. Out of 7, only 4 matured, 3 fertilized & only 2 usable. I trf both and is fortunate to be BFP with a singleton.

Don’t lose faith. All the best for your ET! Fighting!

Hi, I’m new to IVF. Will like to check if IVF can be done consecutive after 2 soiui cycle? I am currently on soiui and wanna move to IVF if unsuccessful.

Else how Long should I rest in between soiui and IVF?

Last edited:

I think yours is already very good.

The first ivf i retrieved 14 but only 1 was fertilized normally.

My 2nd ivf, i think 11 or 13 were retrieved but only 2 fertilized normally.

So mine is really very low fertilization rate. Prolly cos of my endo and adeno.

Hi, I’m new to IVF. Will like to check if IVF can be done consecutive after 2 soiui cycle? I am currently on soiui and wanna move to IVF if unsuccessful.

Else how Long should I rest in between soiui and IVF?
Yes can do consecutive. I was on Q for ivf while trying for 2nd soiui cycle

Yes can do consecutive. I was on Q for ivf while trying for 2nd soiui cycle

I’m attending the IVF prep talk next Tuesday and the person told me I could start IVF thereafter. Am thinking of starting it immediately if my 2nd soiui fails and AF comes.

was your first and second soiui consecutive too? Initially was worried that my body might not be able to take 3 medicated cycles and jabs

I’m attending the IVF prep talk next Tuesday and the person told me I could start IVF thereafter. Am thinking of starting it immediately if my 2nd soiui fails and AF comes.

was your first and second soiui consecutive too? Initially was worried that my body might not be able to take 3 medicated cycles and jabs
Yup consecutive

I called CHR. Nurse said they will check on Friday and if need be, may have to cancel the cycle. :-( Sian.. esp after doing the endoscratch.

Actually I did ask my doc about endoscratch because I also did it for my FET. He said endoscratch is still quite new, therefore results are still pretty inconclusive. I also asked him if the effective period is only 3 months because it will help me decide when I should do the 2nd FET. He did say there's still aren't any conclusive results that it only lasts for 3 months either. But he said it's getting more popular also and no harm trying. My first FET failed right after my endo scratch and I took one month rest, and succeed on the 2nd FET, that is the 3rd month after my endo scratch and I succeeded.

So I hope this still give you some hope.

endoscratch can last for 3 months only. If you cancel this cycle, does that mean you have to the scratch again?

3mths ah? I didn't know that. I thought must do again the next month. Phewww.. so if really have to cancel and delay to next mth then no need endoscratch lah.

Actually I did ask my doc about endoscratch because I also did it for my FET. He said endoscratch is still quite new, therefore results are still pretty inconclusive. I also asked him if the effective period is only 3 months because it will help me decide when I should do the 2nd FET. He did say there's still aren't any conclusive results that it only lasts for 3 months either. But he said it's getting more popular also and no harm trying. My first FET failed right after my endo scratch and I took one month rest, and succeed on the 2nd FET, that is the 3rd month after my endo scratch and I succeeded.

So I hope this still give you some hope.

Yah I read that the results are indeed inconclusive. I was quite reluctant to do at first cos scared of the pain but decided to just go ahead in case i have the 'what ifs'. But ooh if I don't have to do it again next mth then that would be a relief! Oooh... means you did your FET within the 3mths and BFP. Yes, that gives me hope! :) Thanks! Maybe if I have to cancel then I'll move it to next month or the next to avoid doing another endoscratch.

the_spinsterella,
btw, who did your ER last time? Also Dr. Shakina?
for my ER date Prof Wong will be away, thinking to ask dr Shakina for ER.

Just wondering if anyone had pinkish crinone discharge during medicated cycle? I've always done natural, and seeing pinkish doesn't means good. But technically speaking, medicated cycle should stop my mense from coming??

Just wondering if anyone had pinkish crinone discharge during medicated cycle? I've always done natural, and seeing pinkish doesn't means good. But technically speaking, medicated cycle should stop my mense from coming??

it's due to the irritation of the cervix and that's totally normal. not to worry :)

Just finished my 2ww and my blood test was negative. This is my first ivf cycle and I feel so defeated. Anyone been through this?
I had two failed ivf cycles. (Both had to do Frozen cycle as risk of OHSS. Had almost 20 eggs retrieved per cycle. but at the end of both cycles only 1 & 2 eggs were able to be transferred. The rest didnt survived after thaw) . Me & DH decided to try iui..I'm 12dpiui.. hvnt done any pregnancy test to check..but i'm starting to hv symptoms of AF coming..cramps, thirst, mood swings abit of discharge too. So not putting much hope since iui chances is statistically lower.
But cheer up dear! its worth every try.. hugs!!!

Hi. Sorry please ignore the previous post. It's 9732 0897.
is this 24hrs? Coz i remembered asking the nurse there abt 2 wks ago if they hv any emergency line thats 24hrs incase we have some emergency questions and its after office hr.. the nurse said no. -_-

Oh okay... Probably i had my ER in sept17 so i cant rmb i was given duphaston before stimm... i know progynova and mercilon is given for Fet
I thought duphaston is only given when one is pregnant...
Duphaston is actually take to induce menses.. i've taken them b4.. normally intake for a wk and within 3-5days ur menses will come.

I had two failed ivf cycles. (Both had to do Frozen cycle as risk of OHSS. Had almost 20 eggs retrieved per cycle. but at the end of both cycles only 1 & 2 eggs were able to be transferred. The rest didnt survived after thaw) . Me & DH decided to try iui..I'm 12dpiui.. hvnt done any pregnancy test to check..but i'm starting to hv symptoms of AF coming..cramps, thirst, mood swings abit of discharge too. So not putting much hope since iui chances is statistically lower.
But cheer up dear! its worth every try.. hugs!!!

Good luck, gal! and hugs to you... you are very brave.... infact, i really salute to those whom had gone through this tough journey..., despite some failed a few times... it is really emtional & physically hurting to us..

Hello all. I'm doing my ET tmr and is having headache today so I took a headache pill prescribed by a GP. Anyone knows are we restricted from eating any other medicine before ET? Thanks :)

anyone can recommend tingkat food delivery suitable for us during 2ww? healthy ones with no processed, canned or preserved food?

Good luck, gal! and hugs to you... you are very brave.... infact, i really salute to those whom had gone through this tough journey..., despite some failed a few times... it is really emtional & physically hurting to us..
I wish i cud say tat abt myself..hah I hate eating medications so much and cant even see needles ..but i always keep reminding myself if i dont do this if i dont try wud i regret in future.. i even"check myself in" for acupuncture which i had been doing weekly for a yr. i literally clench my hands for every over 30needles poked into me. always feel nervous at EVERYYYYY SESSIONS. haha unfortunately i don tink my body is reacting to acupuncture. it really is draining, emotional, mentally, physically not forgetting financially too. but i'm always scared to stop trying. as everyone in this journey probably know TIME is a factor.

Back