IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Ladies,

I am new here... I am a mother to a soon 9 yr old daughter from my previous marriage. And now i with my current marriage we have been trying for more than 2 yrs before we decided to go for fertility check. So we started the journey from this year July. We found out that both of my tubes were blocked. I went to tried to unblocked the tubes but only 1 manage to be unblocked. However our gynae encourages IVF as chances of getting an ethopic pregnancy is high. We just went for the counselling and registering yesterday. Our IVF journey will most probably begins in January. I am anxious and afraid and excited all at once. Do we have anyone that manage to get BFP on their fist IVF?

Thanks in advance.

XOXOX

Hi Ladies,

I am new here... I am a mother to a soon 9 yr old daughter from my previous marriage. And now i with my current marriage we have been trying for more than 2 yrs before we decided to go for fertility check. So we started the journey from this year July. We found out that both of my tubes were blocked. I went to tried to unblocked the tubes but only 1 manage to be unblocked. However our gynae encourages IVF as chances of getting an ethopic pregnancy is high. We just went for the counselling and registering yesterday. Our IVF journey will most probably begins in January. I am anxious and afraid and excited all at once. Do we have anyone that manage to get BFP on their fist IVF?

Thanks in advance.

XOXOX

Which hospital for ivf will u be with? I am also going for my ivf most probably in jan with kkh. Nice to know u.

Hi ladies , just a randomn question as I am doing my IVF soon with NUH,now im still consuming Nor-E until the 10th.. And stimulation wont start until 5th day which is on the 15th Dec after i stop Nor-E.. Just wondering what if my menses start earlier than 5th day..before stimulation.. I will only collect jabs on the 14th Dec.. Does the stimulation start date needs to be on a certain day of menses cycle?

Thank u in advance

I will be returning red eggs to zsnn at Tang Gah Beo (
6 Bukit Purmei, Singapore 099866) on 15 Dec 3pm. You may wish to go and collect some baby dust blessings:)))

Hi ladies , just a randomn question as I am doing my IVF soon with NUH,now im still consuming Nor-E until the 10th.. And stimulation wont start until 5th day which is on the 15th Dec after i stop Nor-E.. Just wondering what if my menses start earlier than 5th day..before stimulation.. I will only collect jabs on the 14th Dec.. Does the stimulation start date needs to be on a certain day of menses cycle?

Thank u in advance

I think I did that twice, both times timing were ok for stimulation to start. You'll prob be seeing the doc on 14th? So doc will advise you also.

If it comes too early, just call CHR and check with them.

You're in good hands!

Went to the doc yesterday, told me under age of 30 may or may not have OHSS ...
Anyone here have gone thru that?

On the contrary, there are some studies which have shown correlation between young age and occurrence of OHSS.

I was fortunate not to have OHSS, but I was in the high risk group because I had large number of follicles (each cycle more than 30, 40). I have PCOS, and ovarian reserve quite high.

So to reduce the risk, doc didn't give me Hcg jab as trigger and definitely no fresh transfer. The nurses called me to check on my weight also, in case I was having water retention. I was with NUH.

On the contrary, there are some studies which have shown correlation between young age and occurrence of OHSS.

I was fortunate not to have OHSS, but I was in the high risk group because I had large number of follicles (each cycle more than 30, 40). I have PCOS, and ovarian reserve quite high.

So to reduce the risk, doc didn't give me Hcg jab as trigger and definitely no fresh transfer. The nurses called me to check on my weight also, in case I was having water retention. I was with NUH.

thats really fortunate of u.. Kind of afraid of having to go through OHSS.. But im only at my 12th day of Nor-E..
Oh im also with NUH.. Sorry my i know which is the HCG jab that as trigger? Is that the daily jab?

thats really fortunate of u.. Kind of afraid of having to go through OHSS.. But im only at my 12th day of Nor-E..
Oh im also with NUH.. Sorry my i know which is the HCG jab that as trigger? Is that the daily jab?

Don't worry about it! NUH is very cautious abt OHSS.

Trigger is given when the follicles are large enough, 36 hours before retrieval. NUH gives either ovidrel (HCG) or suprefact (non HCG).

OHSS can be triggered by high levels of HCG, so by prescribing suprefact, that's one less source of the problem. And if follicle count and E2 levels too high, doc deems not safe for transfer, then there won't be implantation so HCG level won't increase cos of bfp also.

For one of my fresh, I was triggered by ovidrel. But doc prescribed me some medicine to counter OHSS. No transfer also. But can't remember the name liao.

Tested negative on 7dp5dt with clear blue digital.. feeling devastated..

Anybody can get positive Beta despite negative HPT?

Last edited:
Don't worry about it! NUH is very cautious abt OHSS.

Trigger is given when the follicles are large enough, 36 hours before retrieval. NUH gives either ovidrel (HCG) or suprefact (non HCG).

OHSS can be triggered by high levels of HCG, so by prescribing suprefact, that's one less source of the problem. And if follicle count and E2 levels too high, doc deems not safe for transfer, then there won't be implantation so HCG level won't increase cos of bfp also.

For one of my fresh, I was triggered by ovidrel. But doc prescribed me some medicine to counter OHSS. No transfer also. But can't remember the name liao.
Oh thank u so much for all these infos.. I hope nothing like this will happen..like OHSS and so on.. Just want ER and ET to go smoothly..

Did u successfully conceive :) ?

Oh thank u so much for all these infos.. I hope nothing like this will happen..like OHSS and so on.. Just want ER and ET to go smoothly..

Did u successfully conceive :) ?

After a few tries :)

I'm currently with twins, around 31w

Don't think too much and trust the docs and nurses! All the best!

Hi

Anyone used up government co funding already but still trying?
Idk if its very foolish to continue trying despite using up the government co funding already..

My attempts are as follow
Mar 2013 1st fresh - bfp son just turned 4yo
May 2017 2nd fresh - bfn
Nov 2017 3rd fresh - bfn

Ive got low ovarian reserve and is 35yo this year

Im thinking of going for 1last shot cuz still got money in medisave (4k i think) but i dont intend change hosp or dr lol..

Anyone in similar situation as me? =)

Hi

Idk if its very foolish to continue trying despite using up the government co funding already..

May 2017 2nd fresh - bfn
Nov 2017 3rd fresh - bfn

Im thinking of going for 1last shot cuz still got money in medisave (4k i think) but i dont intend change hosp or dr lol..

After a few tries :)

I'm currently with twins, around 31w

Don't think too much and trust the docs and nurses! All the best!
Hi Veraine..mind sharing hw many ivf cycles u went through with NUH? juz wondering if u'r with any specific Dr ?

Hi

May 2017 2nd fresh - bfn
Nov 2017 3rd fresh - bfn

Do you have frozen embryo to try?

Nope cuz i low ovarian reserve

Anyway i decided to go for another 2more tries next year before stopping =p

If finances allow, go private since u have no more Govt subsidy anyway but still can use the $4k fr Medisave. U may be able to get higher yield and some embryos left to freeze. Good luck!!

If finances allow, go private since u have no more Govt subsidy anyway but still can use the $4k fr Medisave. U may be able to get higher yield and some embryos left to freeze. Good luck!!

Thanks..
Ive shortlisted nuh prof wong and virtus dr roland thus far..

But i heard public and pte hosp without government funding will still have a big diff in their fee charges isit true..?

Im willing to set aside another 25-30k cash but idk to go for 2tries at nuh or just 1 at virtus..

Any advice ladies?

Also im thinking of trying pgs.. So far anyone done so? Any comments or inputs about it? =)

Thanks..

But i heard public and pte hosp without government funding will still have a big diff in their fee charges isit true..?

Im willing to set aside another 25-30k cash but idk to go for 2tries at nuh or just 1 at virtus..

Any advice ladies?

Also im thinking of trying pgs.. So far anyone done so? Any comments or inputs about it? =)

Thanks..

Any advice ladies?

Think 1 round with good quality embryos prob saves some physical pain compared to doing 2 rounds at Govt. I would say go for Dr roland at virtus. I just bfp with him (I failed 2 fresh cycles at KKH last yr, transferred my last embryo to virtus and he did my fet)..now 14 weeks.
Another forum babe did 1 round of fresh and managed to store a good number of gd quality day 5 blasts and succeeded fr her first FET transfer. He only does blast transfers..so gotta split the cycle.

Would thk the reason why they can get gd quality and high cultured rates to blasts is attributed to their lab technology. Not sure if NUH is also doing fast freezing vitrification but I’m think KKH isn’t. And virtus also uses higher zoom to pick the best looking sperm for fertilisation.

Nope cuz i low ovarian reserve

Anyway i decided to go for another 2more tries next year before stopping =p
Same here, i had failed once earlier with zero embryo to freeze. Now 2nd attempt, doctor increased the dosage but no much different in term of egg qty. Anyway, don't give up and wish us luck

Think 1 round with good quality embryos prob saves some physical pain compared to doing 2 rounds at Govt. I would say go for Dr roland at virtus. I just bfp with him (I failed 2 fresh cycles at KKH last yr, transferred my last embryo to virtus and he did my fet)..now 14 weeks.
Another forum babe did 1 round of fresh and managed to store a good number of gd quality day 5 blasts and succeeded fr her first FET transfer. He only does blast transfers..so gotta split the cycle.

Would thk the reason why they can get gd quality and high cultured rates to blasts is attributed to their lab technology. Not sure if NUH is also doing fast freezing vitrification but I’m think KKH isn’t. And virtus also uses higher zoom to pick the best looking sperm for fertilisation.

I don't think the cost is that much different, but the amount of med for stims contribute a lot to the cost

Since you have done a few fresh, you prob know how your body reacts. I'll say Prof Wong is a cautious doc, so he wouldn't push your body as hard. Which is good and safer for people like me who over respond to med. But if you need more stim, then perhaps Dr Roland might be a better option.

I don't think the cost is that much different, but the amount of med for stims contribute a lot to the cost

Since you have done a few fresh, you prob know how your body reacts. I'll say Prof Wong is a cautious doc, so he wouldn't push your body as hard. Which is good and safer for people like me who over respond to med. But if you need more stim, then perhaps Dr Roland might be a better option.

Hi Veraine, actually there will be differences in cost between Govt and private clinics as the same drugs will have a mark up at private and procedures egg retrieval and transfer the op theatre fees and doc’s fees also higher so I would say if NUH or kk a fresh cycle costs between 10-12k, it would likely cost at least 30% more at private clinic (just for cost comparison assume same stim drugs but it will also b diff since diff docs practise differently).

But I personally feel the attention and the lab facilities at private is worth paying the higher cost. If Finances allow.

I've 5 sticks of crinone gel and 2 weeks supply of duphaston to give away. Self pick up only. Anyone keen? Dispensed in Nov and kept in fridge but i didn't use them cos I was feeling too sick from the MS. Seen doctor today and don't need to take them anymore.

Wishing all IVF moms all the best in getting your bfp soon :)

I've 5 sticks of crinone gel and 2 weeks supply of duphaston to give away. Self pick up only. Anyone keen? Dispensed in Nov and kept in fridge but i didn't use them cos I was feeling too sick from the MS. Seen doctor today and don't need to take them anymore.

Wishing all IVF moms all the best in getting your bfp soon :)

Hi I’ve pm u :)

Hi Veraine, actually there will be differences in cost between Govt and private clinics as the same drugs will have a mark up at private and procedures egg retrieval and transfer the op theatre fees and doc’s fees also higher so I would say if NUH or kk a fresh cycle costs between 10-12k, it would likely cost at least 30% more at private clinic (just for cost comparison assume same stim drugs but it will also b diff since diff docs practise differently).

But I personally feel the attention and the lab facilities at private is worth paying the higher cost. If Finances allow.

I'll stand corrected :) Cos I'm sharing just hearing from one friend who has been to NUH, finish 3 cycles, then to SF Loh.

She had more eggs retrieved, then later more embryos frozen. So cost was slightly higher due to the number, not the procedure.

She was told that if she had gone KKH, KKH would have charged her more.

Perhaps call and find out from the clinic and do the comparison from there?

Reactions: cen
I'll stand corrected :) Cos I'm sharing just hearing from one friend who has been to NUH, finish 3 cycles, then to SF Loh.

She had more eggs retrieved, then later more embryos frozen. So cost was slightly higher due to the number, not the procedure.

She was told that if she had gone KKH, KKH would have charged her more.

Perhaps call and find out from the clinic and do the comparison from there?
just curious,did yr friend succeed on 4th cycle?

I'm wondering if there's anyone who had failed IVF cycles & tried IUI after that with a success?
yes there is a forum sister who succeed with iui after ivf. she change the doc after do ivf in a clinic failed. then e change doc suggest she do iui and she succeed. now already give birth n i think e kid is a toddler liao

Hi all, i was told that drink milk was good for us. However, which type of milk are you all drinking? Any recommendation? Cold or warm milk?
As for me,i drank just plain water thruout my stim and 2ww. Once bfp, i continued on plain water and warm maternal milk. 3rd trimester then i slowly infuse into cold drinks like cold soya cold plain water and sometime ice cream No iced tea no buble tea no soda drinks.

As for me,i drank just plain water thruout my stim and 2ww. Once bfp, i continued on plain water and warm maternal milk. 3rd trimester then i slowly infuse into cold drinks like cold soya cold plain water and sometime ice cream No iced tea no buble tea no soda drinks.
Hi hajar,

Just wondering, if you know, is it ok while on stim to eat Sushi and raw foods?

Im not a fond of sushi and raw stuff. So i didnt take all those...basicaly i dun even restrict my diet thruout my stim. Only thing no cold stuff.no cold drinks.And during 2ww i just do with a dun care atitude. Sometime eat fries.sometime eat prata. More on plain water. Thats all.

Hi

May 2017 2nd fresh - bfn
Nov 2017 3rd fresh - bfn

Which hospital u went? i have used up 2 fresh cycle & 2 frozen cycle co funding. And now are waiting for blood test. i had my embryo transfer on 5Dec. 1st fresh cycle i have only 1 embryo. And 2nd time after dr increases some medications i have 5 good embryos. Don't give up will have good results soon. =)

Back