IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi pearlyshells

Has yr cyst reduce after 2nd ivf and how did doc treat it after egg retriveval?

How did doc treat yr endo?

Hi Chloe819,

I had cysts before I started my first and second ivf. My gynae advised me to leave it and not do surgery as I have very low egg reserves. We proceeded with stimulation. I did end up with 6 cysts on my right partially attributed to the stimulation jabs and thry were unable to retrieve oocytes from my right ovary. But then again I have had a longstanding history of endometriosis. This might not happen in your case.

If I didn't remember wrongly, we monitored cyst growth with ca125 and proceeded with the ivf. Hope this helps!

Hi pearlyshells

Has yr cyst reduce after 2nd ivf and how did doc treat it after egg retriveval?

How did doc treat yr endo?

Hi Chloe819,

During egg retrieval, they tried removing the much smaller ones, had to leave the bigger ones inside. I also had two cysts on my left ovary. Basically we took a wait and see approach .....surgery was not an option for me.

It was a miracle that I had a good embryo out of the two that were fertilized from my poor harvest. I am currently 33wks preg and throughout we have left the remaining cysts inside as am not young anymore. Any further surgery would have reduced my egg reserves even further if the second ivf failed.

My gynae was not too concerned about leaving rest of cysts inside while am preg as pregnancy starves the endo of hormones if I am not wrong. We also left my fibroids inside. It was a gamble we had to take.

Have faith!

Last edited:
Wow 56 Eggs???:eek: I had like 20 eggs retrieved on my 1st cycle..n it was disastrous. was feeling nauseous n in pain n cant even stand straight or sit up. so we cudnt do the fresh transfer..had to froze them. unfortunately 1st cycle BFN.

So during my 2nd cycle i took the lucrin jab after deciding to not go with fresh cycle.
and unfortunately also a BFN.:(
Hi afyn,
How is everything now? Are you going for another round of fresh or FET? Wish you all the best and keep fighting...

Hi all

This is my first post. I’ve done a FET last thurs. Anybody can advise the symptoms during your 2ww? I have this on off cramps that feels like “menses is coming” and usually feels better after I let out some gas. Also experiencing backache, not sure from the 3 days of constantly sitting/lying or menses is really coming. Sigh...

hi cen

the nurse advised to go back scanning on 2nd day of menses and told me if there is cyst cannot do ivf.
will check with gynae to see how. my doc is Ng soon Chye. who is your gynae?

Hi chole, my Friend was the one with cysts..her private gynae was with sincere I forgot her name..The KKH gynae which she got 2nd opinion was Dr Tan HH. He said to proceed with cycle as removing may reduce her egg reserves.

Hi All

I have created this thread for potential IVF/ICSI patients to share information with one and another.

Please feel free to come in.
IVF Centre in India, Punjab

it is great to see this thread to help the people who fight with their infertility. I think before going such treatment IVF or IVF with ICSI, discussion is important. They are life changing treatment.
In my suggestion ICSI with IVF increases the chances of pregnancy in any IVF Treatment.

hi cen

the nurse advised to go back scanning on 2nd day of menses and told me if there is cyst cannot do ivf.
will check with gynae to see how. my doc is Ng soon Chye. who is your gynae?

Did they say how big the cyst is? Or what is their threshold? I did my IVF with cyst on my right ovary.. abt 3.5cm I think.

Hi ladies, I have done my 1st and 2nd BT, 1st test 11dp5dt is 315miu/mL, 2nd test which I have done today is 569.2miu/mL, and is less than doubling (80%) of the 1st test, is this considered as OK?

Hi ladies.

I’ve done my ET on 16/11.

Did a hormones blood test followed by a progesterone jab on 18/11. Test results shows progesterone level only 40 which is only the low side.

Took another blood test followed by progesterone jab today 22/11. Test results shows progesterone level only increase by 10, which is still quite low.

Any ladies here experiencing the same? Are there anything that I can do to increase my progesterone level?

hi

he cannot see the cyst during the scanning. could be because I went for Day 1 scan instead of 2.
difficult to gauge whether day 1 or 2.
my gynae suggested to do embryo banking and treat adenomyosis with medicine for 6 months -2 yrs.
Any one encounter before?
Did they say how big the cyst is? Or what is their threshold? I did my IVF with cyst on my right ovary.. abt 3.5cm I think.

Hi chole, my Friend was the one with cysts..her private gynae was with sincere I forgot her name..The KKH gynae which she got 2nd opinion was Dr Tan HH. He said to proceed with cycle as removing may reduce her egg reserves.

hi

my gynae suggested to do embryo banking and treat adenomyosis with medicine for 6 months -2 yrs.
Hi Chloe819,

During egg retrieval, they tried removing the much smaller ones, had to leave the bigger ones inside. I also had two cysts on my left ovary. Basically we took a wait and see approach .....surgery was not an option for me.

It was a miracle that I had a good embryo out of the two that were fertilized from my poor harvest. I am currently 33wks preg and throughout we have left the remaining cysts inside as am not young anymore. Any further surgery would have reduced my egg reserves even further if the second ivf failed.

My gynae was not too concerned about leaving rest of cysts inside while am preg as pregnancy starves the endo of hormones if I am not wrong. We also left my fibroids inside. It was a gamble we had to take.

Have faith!

hi

he cannot see the cyst during the scanning. could be because I went for Day 1 scan instead of 2.
difficult to gauge whether day 1 or 2.

I had adenomyosis also but my dr suggested to do long protocol. It depends on the risk appetite of the dr. With my adeno and cyst, my dr said we can proceed if my CA125 is not high and cyst is not growing. She didn't want to wait longer so she didn't want to do a surgery.

Hi afyn,
How is everything now? Are you going for another round of fresh or FET? Wish you all the best and keep fighting...

I'm just taking tcm medication & acupuncture in order to help with blood circulation since theres no medication under "western". When I asked the Dr from NUH if theres any meds or anything can be done in order to help regulate the menses, Dr mentioned only meds for inducing menses are available.
We are currently waiting for SA (Semen Analysis) results in 2 wks time. Hoping the result is betta than the ones we froze a yr back.

Current plan is to wait for the SA result & see if its of betta quality (DH result was quite on the low side) , maybe we wanna try "naturally" with the help of clomid for a few rounds & hope for miracle.

Otherwise we will proceed for my last ivf cycle (3rd cycle -w/ gov subs) , which i'm hoping able to do fresh. But i doubt so since for both my 1st n 2nd i had to many eggs retrieved that cause some swells.

I'm wondering if anyone here that hv many eggs retrieved able to do a fresh cycle?

Hi all

This is my first post. I’ve done a FET last thurs. Anybody can advise the symptoms during your 2ww? I have this on off cramps that feels like “menses is coming” and usually feels better after I let out some gas. Also experiencing backache, not sure from the 3 days of constantly sitting/lying or menses is really coming. Sigh...

Hi dear.. i think this is quite normal.
rest well n hope for the best! :)

hi all
I did ivf at KKH 2 years ago and successfully delivered my first kid.
Now i'm thinking to restart ivf.
Anybody knows if i have to go to polyclinic to get referral again?

hi all
I did ivf at KKH 2 years ago and successfully delivered my first kid.
Now i'm thinking to restart ivf.
Anybody knows if i have to go to polyclinic to get referral again?

or maybe u can try contact KKIVF line direct? 6294 4050

Hi all, may I know when does the doctor start checking on the thickness of the lining? Is it after the course of progynova? And is there any food that can improve lining or warm up the womb? Thanks in advance :)

Hi all, may I know when does the doctor start checking on the thickness of the lining? Is it after the course of progynova? And is there any food that can improve lining or warm up the womb? Thanks in advance :)

Hi! My doc start to check on my lining on CD 12. Red bean soup and protein (eggs, lean meat) helps with the lining. I also go for acupuncture twice a week. Don't eat cooling food and avoid cold drinks. You can soak your feet 30 min every night before u sleep or wear socks to warm up the womb. I also drink chicken essence everyday which I think it helps.

Hi All,
I am on 9dp5dt FET and I been told to take 4mg progynova, 10mg Dydrogestrone twice daily and crinone 8% daily. I had a failed fresh cycle in Aug, so this is my second ivf cycle.

Hi! My doc start to check on my lining on CD 12. Red bean soup and protein (eggs, lean meat) helps with the lining. I also go for acupuncture twice a week. Don't eat cooling food and avoid cold drinks. You can soak your feet 30 min every night before u sleep or wear socks to warm up the womb. I also drink chicken essence everyday which I think it helps.

Hi dear. Thank you. May I know what is CD12? I may be doing my first FET in Jan. Which Chinese doctor do u go for acupuncture and when is a good time to do it? :) thanks!

The doc check your lining after each visit (upon issuing the progynova). Your lining has to hit at least 8mm.

I ate red bean soup almost everyday or on alternate days and also drink hot black soya milk (can be purchased from super market).

Hi dear. Thank you. May I know what is CD12? I may be doing my first FET in Jan. Which Chinese doctor do u go for acupuncture and when is a good time to do it? :) thanks!

CD 12 - Cycle day 12

Can start as soon as possible already, best is at least 3 months before your transfer. Just avoid doing during your period days. I went to Dr Zou at Ang Mo Kio.. She will advice u accordingly :) better to book early as her slots get to fill up pretty fast. I always book one week in advance. Haha!

CD 12 - Cycle day 12

Can start as soon as possible already, best is at least 3 months before your transfer. Just avoid doing during your period days. I went to Dr Zou at Ang Mo Kio.. She will advice u accordingly :) better to book early as her slots get to fill up pretty fast. I always book one week in advance. Haha!

Thank you dear :) as for chicken essence, is it those bottled ones like Brands or those packets one and need to boil?

Thank you dear :) as for chicken essence, is it those bottled ones like Brands or those packets one and need to boil?

I drink tian yuan xiang brand. They come in frozen packets, so just warm up in microwave or double boil. I think some ladies made their own chicken essence haha.

Sometimes I wonder how effective is tcm and acupuncture? Anybody BFP without acupuncture?

For me, it seems like acupuncture improves my lining texture.. I've been told that acupuncture increases blood circulation, thus having a better lining. It also relaxes your uterus (improve implantation) and its helpful for people like me who gets stressed up easily.

For me, it seems like acupuncture improves my lining texture.. I've been told that acupuncture increases blood circulation, thus having a better lining. It also relaxes your uterus (improve implantation) and its helpful for people like me who gets stressed up easily.

I see.. u transferred how many embryos?

I'm just taking tcm medication & acupuncture in order to help with blood circulation since theres no medication under "western". When I asked the Dr from NUH if theres any meds or anything can be done in order to help regulate the menses, Dr mentioned only meds for inducing menses are available.
We are currently waiting for SA (Semen Analysis) results in 2 wks time. Hoping the result is betta than the ones we froze a yr back.

Current plan is to wait for the SA result & see if its of betta quality (DH result was quite on the low side) , maybe we wanna try "naturally" with the help of clomid for a few rounds & hope for miracle.

Otherwise we will proceed for my last ivf cycle (3rd cycle -w/ gov subs) , which i'm hoping able to do fresh. But i doubt so since for both my 1st n 2nd i had to many eggs retrieved that cause some swells.

I'm wondering if anyone here that hv many eggs retrieved able to do a fresh cycle?

For NUH, they will not recommend fresh transfer if your follicle count exceeds 19.

And I personally think you really shouldn't also.. other than the obvious risk of OHSS, it also means that your body is pretty high on the hormones for stimulation and follicle growth that it may not be the best environment for implantation to take place. Why not take a couple of months to let the body reset and flush out the excess hormones first?

Hi all

Nice to know you all. I had been a silent reader for this forum. Congrats to those suceeded getting bfp.

A quick intro. I am a bit of the low AMH at my age as told by my doctor. I just failed my first iui in nov and now trying to recuperate my body to prepare for ivf in dec 2017 (If my mensed came before/after their blackout period) or jan 2018 with kkh.

I am now taking blackmore conceive well gold as well as folic acid. As blackmore conceive well gold was difficult to get, did others tried other supplement other than this like Guardian brand - conception support or holistic way - pre-natal multi vitamin?

I am actually very confused on the type of foods i can eat or i cannot. Is there any website which does list which are cooling foods or which are warm foods that is suitable for us?

Any advice? Thanks all.

For NUH, they will not recommend fresh transfer if your follicle count exceeds 19.

And I personally think you really shouldn't also.. other than the obvious risk of OHSS, it also means that your body is pretty high on the hormones for stimulation and follicle growth that it may not be the best environment for implantation to take place. Why not take a couple of months to let the body reset and flush out the excess hormones first?

hi dear yup i'm thinking the same. If base on my previous cycles, i doubt i'll be able to do fresh for my 3rd cycle. I did my 1st & 2nd in KKH..n just transferred to NUH for 2nd opinion..medications might be different so i dono if the result of follicles n such will be diff too.

Back