IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks milogal88! Actually seldom see ppl intro about Hua Mei TCM. Yes the staffs there are quite friendly and helpful. I heard that NUH IVF Centre actually collaborates with Hua Mei but am not sure whether is true. U have 17 months old twins, wow! Must be tiring handle them but when you look back, such a big satisfaction and accomplishment!

Yes, I was told the same too and I actually bumped into one of my ex-schoolmate there. She’s under Prof Wong at NUH so he recommended her to see Dr Zhu after her failed cycles. I was recommended through my friend though but I like the environment and the people, Dr Zhu, Karen, the Centre Manager & this young SG physican (forgotten their names! Haha) and it’s more personalized care I feel. I’ve been to like at least 6 or 7 TCMs throughout my TTC days including all the famous ones but I’ve got no affinity with them. The worst experience I had was the one at AMK. Maybe I’m just unlucky with her.

Yeap, my twins are a handful now and do get me screaming & pulling my hair out at times. It had been a long long journey for me with lots of trial and error. There were times I teared while doing acupuncture, asking myself why am I going through all these. It's not the physical pain that mattes but the emotional aspect. So yeap, never ever give up trying. There is still light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, I was told the same too and I actually bumped into one of my ex-schoolmate there. She’s under Prof Wong at NUH so he recommended her to see Dr Zhu after her failed cycles. I was recommended through my friend though but I like the environment and the people, Dr Zhu, Karen, the Centre Manager & this young SG physican (forgotten their names! Haha) and it’s more personalized care I feel. I’ve been to like at least 6 or 7 TCMs throughout my TTC days including all the famous ones but I’ve got no affinity with them. The worst experience I had was the one at AMK. Maybe I’m just unlucky with her.

Yeap, my twins are a handful now and do get me screaming & pulling my hair out at times. It had been a long long journey for me with lots of trial and error. There were times I teared while doing acupuncture, asking myself why am I going through all these. It's not the physical pain that mattes but the emotional aspect. So yeap, never ever give up trying. There is still light at the end of the tunnel.
Hugs... all hard time had passed, u did a great job for raising a pair of twins! Sometimes maybe we get it when we have least expectation. Keep going...

Am awaiting for my first scan. However just back from kkh for support pregnancy jab cause suddenly have blood cod and have bleeding. The A&E doctor did a viginal scan and saw a sac but I will go for a detail scan next Tuesday. I am so sorrry for the worst thing happen and yet praying.

Wanna ask have any of u bfp and face this issue during ur first trimester?? Like Suddenly have come out blood cod and bleed but still manage give birth to a baby?

I ask doctor just now can see heart beat but she say still early but she assure me the sac is still there and she say must continue to grow too.

Hihi,

Sorry to hear about your bleeding incident. Hope u are fine now. I had light to medium bleeding (blood clots) during week 5 to week 6 of my pregnancy.

Had total of 4 progesterone jab ordered by DR THH (KKH) within the 3 weeks bleeding & continue my support med (3 tabs of progynova and 3 times of duphaston daily and slowly reducing it to 2 times per day)

It was definitely a terrible experience. You must lie down as much as you can for 3 weeks & you must monitor the flow and ensure that it's getting lighter and lighter.

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant now and hope everything will be fine too. Baby dust to you! Take care and rest well! :)

Dear all lady fighters,

First of all, I would like to congratulate those mums-to-be, yeah you made it! I can still see some familiar nicknames here since my last update in Feb 2017.
I am here to share positive energy and to give some encouragement and motivation to sisters still fighting hard. Finally after 5 years of TTC, we made it! I am now 16 weeks+ with singleton, conceived naturally.

Below is my TTC journey:
Oct 2012 - Start TTC, age of 32
May 2014 - BFP naturally, at the same time multiple fibroids detected
Jun 2014 - Miscarriage, D&C performed
Aug 2014 - Fibroids removal via laparoscopic surgery
Dec 2015 - IUI#1 ---> BFN
Mar 2016 - IVF#1 ---> no fresh transfer due to the risk of OHSS
Jun 2016 - FET#1 ---> BFN
Aug 2016 - FET#2 ---> BFN, left with 10 frozen D2 embryos
May 2017 - TCM & acupuncture sessions
Jul 2017 - BFP naturally

After the two failed FETs last year, we decided not to proceed with FETs anymore without doing anything. This year, we have planned to have another round of fresh IVF in Penang in Sep/Oct due to the lower cost and to have some better quality eggs retrieved before too late. Prior to this fresh IVF, we have recommended by a senior relative who used to work at this TCM centre, it is just an coincidence and right in timing. Early May this year, I started my consultation and acupuncture sessions with this PRC-lady physician, who already stayed in Singapore for long time. Within 3 months, we made it! I would say the TCM do helps! This is another reason I wrote this post.

Physician, Ms Zhu Ping @ Hua Mei Acupuncture & TCM Centre
Add: Blk 128 Bukit Merah View #01-46 S150128
Tel: 6471 5517
Medicine Powder: One pack to be mixed with warm water, twice daily, $12-$15/2packs daily
*There are 4 different medicine to be consumed the whole month - during menses, after menses, during ovulation period and after ovulation period (luteal phase)
Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Twice weekly (except menses period), acupuncture $40/session, moxibustion $18/session

But we know that certain treatment works on one person may not work on another person. You may want to try out a period of time before getting another fresh cycle or frozen cycle. You can discuss with the physician on the first appointment.

Sorry for the long post. I hope all sisters here will eventually make it to parenthood one day. Hope my sharing will give you some positive energy. Feel free to drop me message if you need further clarification or information.
Sharing is caring! Cheers...
Congrats!! Have a smooth pregnancy!!

Hihi,

Sorry to hear about your bleeding incident. Hope u are fine now. I had light to medium bleeding (blood clots) during week 5 to week 6 of my pregnancy.

Had total of 4 progesterone jab ordered by DR THH (KKH) within the 3 weeks bleeding & continue my support med (3 tabs of progynova and 3 times of duphaston daily and slowly reducing it to 2 times per day)

It was definitely a terrible experience. You must lie down as much as you can for 3 weeks & you must monitor the flow and ensure that it's getting lighter and lighter.

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant now and hope everything will be fine too. Baby dust to you! Take care and rest well! :)

Just did scan but the radiographer say can't see any water bag now waiting to see doctor for review.

However last week when A&e, the doctor saw the sac. Dunno what had happen man hai

Last edited:
Has anyone gone on an IVF cycle with Dr Angela Ho? I was introduced to her by my TCM in Jurong East. She proposed a protocol to have daily growth hormone injections for 3 months before putting me through a long cycle to retrieve eggs. She has also claimed that the centre has produced 5 of 10 triplets in Singapore when 3 egg transfer could be done for woman below 38. Appreciate any input. Thank you.

Hi esiotrot, saw briefly fr the other chat that you have been thru a few cycles and seen quite a few docs already and egg quality seems to be an issue?. For private, it’s good to know which lab they tie down with to store And cultivate embryos. The lab at virtus has shown gd results on cultivating blasts and they advocate frozen blast transfers as they have shown higher success rates.

I did 2 failed fresh cycles (both 2xD2 embryos) at KKH last year. Transferred out my only D5 blast left fr my first fresh cycle from KKH and bfp last mth under virtus Dr Roland Chieng’s FET. Though my embryo was not cultivated at virtus lab and I only did the FET, I know of other ladies who have started fresh cycles with virtus and retrieved embryos that went on to become gd number of high quality blasts using the virtus lab. For quality of embryos, I feel the facility is Impt. I thk there are a total of 4 or 5 docs under Virtus.

Hope this helps! Also eat Ubiquinol (Q10) to improve egg quality.

Last edited:
Dear sisters,
Just wanna drop by to give you gals some encouragement.
I started TTC since 2013,
Oct 2013 - ectopic
Mar 2014 - ectopic
Aug 2014 - IVF no 1 - BFN
Dec 2014 - IVF no 2 - BFP
Mar 2015 - no heartbeat at week 12
Dec 2015 - FET 1 - BFN

The year of 2016 I decided to take a break and get my body in shape. I started to visit Raffles TCM for 2-3 months before I embarked my last Govt sub IVF with THH.

So in Feb 2017, i discussed with THH that this might be my last cycle and so he prescribed the highest dosage for me. It’s my first time having sufficient embryo to blast. I transferred 2 blast on D5, and succeed with 1 in me.
Balance left 4 D5/D6 frozen blast.

Last week, I just delivered my baby. I told myself I have to come back here to give u gals some encouragement!
Not all ladies here succeed on 1 time IVF, actually to be honest, it’s normal not to succeed the first round. If you succeed, you are considered lucky!
I feel IVF is about trial and error, the more rounds you do, the easier for doc to evaluate which medicine works better for you.
Always discuss with your doc after a failed round and seek his advice how to improve thereafter.
Take a break to rest if you have to but never give up.
It took me almost 5 years to succeed.... and of cos it comes with many heartache but still it’s worth the pain to go through!

Jia you to all the fighters here!

has anyone eaten dhea and develop fabriods or endometrosis with it? or generally its safe for you after taking.

just wonder how safe is dhea at 50mg daily. doc may advocate to consume it but is it really safe.

sometime i really find tough being a woman. i want to start to eat to improve egg quality n quantity but at e same time scared wat it will develop.

Hi ladies, need some help here. I need to take progynova 2mg every day till my transfer on 15 Nov 17 and am short of 7 pills. Anyone has extra progynova pill to sell me or know of where I can purchase some? KKH doesn’t allow me to purchase the pill with prescription from Overseas doctor. Urgent help needed please.

Hi ladies, need some help here. I need to take progynova 2mg every day till my transfer on 15 Nov 17 and am short of 7 pills. Anyone has extra progynova pill to sell me or know of where I can purchase some? KKH doesn’t allow me to purchase the pill with prescription from Overseas doctor. Urgent help needed please.
if i am not wrong,you can take e prescription and walk to any guandian or watson pharmacy counter to buy. based on few years ago experience,not sure if they still sell now. but need a prescription to show e pharmacist

Dear sisters,
Just wanna drop by to give you gals some encouragement.
I started TTC since 2013,
Oct 2013 - ectopic
Mar 2014 - ectopic
Aug 2014 - IVF no 1 - BFN
Dec 2014 - IVF no 2 - BFP
Mar 2015 - no heartbeat at week 12
Dec 2015 - FET 1 - BFN

The year of 2016 I decided to take a break and get my body in shape. I started to visit Raffles TCM for 2-3 months before I embarked my last Govt sub IVF with THH.

So in Feb 2017, i discussed with THH that this might be my last cycle and so he prescribed the highest dosage for me. It’s my first time having sufficient embryo to blast. I transferred 2 blast on D5, and succeed with 1 in me.
Balance left 4 D5/D6 frozen blast.

Last week, I just delivered my baby. I told myself I have to come back here to give u gals some encouragement!
Not all ladies here succeed on 1 time IVF, actually to be honest, it’s normal not to succeed the first round. If you succeed, you are considered lucky!
I feel IVF is about trial and error, the more rounds you do, the easier for doc to evaluate which medicine works better for you.
Always discuss with your doc after a failed round and seek his advice how to improve thereafter.
Take a break to rest if you have to but never give up.
It took me almost 5 years to succeed.... and of cos it comes with many heartache but still it’s worth the pain to go through!

Jia you to all the fighters here!
Congrats!!

Just to update, Guardian pharmacist could not sell me the Progynova because the prescription has to from a Singapore doctor not overseas. Thanks for the advise still Connie.

9d8f61ad909920e5ead6092e908eb722.jpg

For my case:
Mar 2016 - 56 eggs retrieved, 30 mature, 26 fertilised, 24 cleaved, 16 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst (from not so good D2-embryo) freezed, no fresh transfer
Jun 2016, FET#1 - 3 D2-embryo thawed, 3 survived, 3 cleaved, 2 D5-blastocyst transferred
Aug 2016, FET#2 - 3 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst thawed, all survived, 2 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst cleaved, 2 D5-blastocyst transferred (1 D2-embryo cultured + 1 D5-blastocyst thawed)
So if you are talking about survival rate after thawing, then 100%. But the sampling size so small :)
You still have frozen embryos with TFC? Planning for FET?

Wow 56 Eggs???:eek: I had like 20 eggs retrieved on my 1st cycle..n it was disastrous. was feeling nauseous n in pain n cant even stand straight or sit up. so we cudnt do the fresh transfer..had to froze them. unfortunately 1st cycle BFN.

So during my 2nd cycle i took the lucrin jab after deciding to not go with fresh cycle.
and unfortunately also a BFN.:(

Hi, anyone experienced vomitting and diarrhea after ET cos of taking the 4tabs antibiotic given ? this is FET cycle. im now so worried if it affects the embbie or implantation...

Hi, anyone experienced vomitting and diarrhea after ET cos of taking the 4tabs antibiotic given ? this is FET cycle. im now so worried if it affects the embbie or implantation...

Encountered diarrhea but not vomiting. I think these are stated side effects of the antibiotics...

I got a sensitive stomach. So i did ask for Omeperzole to line my stomach before taking the antibiotics

Hi ladies I just finished a fresh stimming cycle in Oct, and have left over Gonal F. Abt 3 or 4 pens (I can't rmber). I know some clinics help to extract the remaining Gonal F to make one full jab, to help patients save cost. I'm keen to give mine away so as not to waste, so if anyone of u interested, pls PM me :)

did it affect implantation? did u have a bfp? im so worried my chance is gone having curled up.in pain and adding stress to the body.. *sob*

hihi. don’t worry. i often get diarrhea after taking those antibiotics. had 2 bfp before, even though i had diarrhea (no vomiting). i asked my doctor about this before, the other option is to take a 5-day course of another kind of antibotics, which in the end i choose not coz i really hate antibotics.

Hi fellow IVFers.
Am.new to this forum, hope you dont mind me asking questions that may have been answered earlier. Thank you so much in advance:

1. Could anyone suggest some IVF and gynae doctors in private practice?

Just want to share my story. My bb is 7 weeks old (1st ivf-icsi) (pls msg me if.u wld like to know which clinic) but due to some mix ups on their part ( clinic didnt follow up resulting in me having to rush around to get progynova and utrogestan since they didnt prescribe).

Recently we went for 7 week scan and doctor cant find any heartbeat.. next week supposed to scan again.

I am hoping for a miracle and for the best but gotta prepare for the worse.. we are thinking of changing doctors...

Thanks in advance ladies.

did it affect implantation? did u have a bfp? im so worried my chance is gone having curled up.in pain and adding stress to the body.. *sob*

The diarrhea didn’t last long. At most a day. I’m now 26 weeks along. This BFP is from a fresh cycle though.
Don’t stress! If you are still having diarrhea, then consult the doctor. It’s very important that you stay relaxed. Easier said than done but I think it’s key to BFP.
Good luck!

Hi fellow IVFers.
Am.new to this forum, hope you dont mind me asking questions that may have been answered earlier. Thank you so much in advance:

1. Could anyone suggest some IVF and gynae doctors in private practice?

Just want to share my story. My bb is 7 weeks old (1st ivf-icsi) (pls msg me if.u wld like to know which clinic) but due to some mix ups on their part ( clinic didnt follow up resulting in me having to rush around to get progynova and utrogestan since they didnt prescribe).

Recently we went for 7 week scan and doctor cant find any heartbeat.. next week supposed to scan again.

I am hoping for a miracle and for the best but gotta prepare for the worse.. we are thinking of changing doctors...

Thanks in advance ladies.

You could try Peter Chew from Gleneagles. He is the very kiasu type. Will give injection and pills to support pregnancy.
Good luck and all the best!

hi all

went for ultrasound scan last month and was told that i had a 2 cm ovary cyst.
Anyone encountered it before when u gg to start IVF, does it mean that cannot proceed with the ivf stimulation?
how did your doc treat you?

What did your doc advise? It may not affect the cycle as the uterus is the one that needs to be cleared of fibroids or cysts so as not to affect implantation chances. Unless ovarian egg production function is affected?
I have a friend with cyst in one ovary too..thk 3 or5cm. Her Private gynae told her to remove it first as she didn’t want it to grow bigger. She then got a 2nd opinion fr a KKH gynae who said since her egg reserves are already Low, not to remove it as the removal
Operation may reduce her already Low reserves and told her to proceed with Ivf cycle.

So perhaps u can ask doc to monitor at next checkup if the cyst is growing fast then also get doc to advise based on your egg reserves?

hi all

Anyone encountered it before when u gg to start IVF, does it mean that cannot proceed with the ivf stimulation?

Hi Chloe819,

I had cysts before I started my first and second ivf. My gynae advised me to leave it and not do surgery as I have very low egg reserves. We proceeded with stimulation. I did end up with 6 cysts on my right partially attributed to the stimulation jabs and thry were unable to retrieve oocytes from my right ovary. But then again I have had a longstanding history of endometriosis. This might not happen in your case.

If I didn't remember wrongly, we monitored cyst growth with ca125 and proceeded with the ivf. Hope this helps!
hi all

hi cen,

nurse asked me to go for scanning on 2nd day of menses to see have any follicle.
she said if the cyst is still there, cannot proceed.
I called the clinic to ask nurse, and she will pass message from doc then tell me what the doc say.
so difficult to ask more and nurse not friendly at all.
which gynae are you with?

hi cen

the nurse advised to go back scanning on 2nd day of menses and told me if there is cyst cannot do ivf.
will check with gynae to see how. my doc is Ng soon Chye. who is your gynae?

Back