IVF/ICSI Support Group

hihi! thanks for sharing! i've also considered going to Dr Sheila and i got a friend who has been bugging me to go see her. may I know if she would entertain patient like me who only had 1 miscarriage? did you have to wait a long time before getting an appointment with her at her private clinic? which is at Mt E Novena right? my friend told me that i have to go back at different cycle day to draw blood for the whole suit of tests. how many times did you have to go back to see her before getting the full result? hehee... sorry, i got alot of questions.

Yes, she sees any patients.. My friend saw her before her 1st IVF and was also prescribed some meds. She BFPed! Just make an appt and like Grace said, it'll usually be between 1-2 weeks.

My 1st appt I drew one time blood for some tests (this is for any day of the cycle). The second time I went back (no need to see her) was specifically Day 2 of my menses.. To do remaining tests for sticky blood, Nk cells. The third time was to see her for the results. I started in Mar, completed and got results in May. Basically only saw her to twice. Next time I see her will be before my next IVF.

hihi! thanks for sharing! i've also considered going to Dr Sheila and i got a friend who has been bugging me to go see her. may I know if she would entertain patient like me who only had 1 miscarriage? did you have to wait a long time before getting an appointment with her at her private clinic? which is at Mt E Novena right? my friend told me that i have to go back at different cycle day to draw blood for the whole suit of tests. how many times did you have to go back to see her before getting the full result? hehee... sorry, i got alot of questions.

I am also a current patient with dr shiela vasoo even after bfp. I did not have history of mc but i went to her to seek her opinion on any potential show-stoppers for my fet due to my thyroid condition.

She did comprehensive blood tests except for nk cells as it was too late for her to run the test as i had already started my fet preparation. She came up with a medication plan to help address any potential inflammation within the uterus due to my thyroid condition. After bfp we will need to visit her until when she completely tapers off our medication.

Hi Dolly_girl,

Thanks... i will take note on that...:)
Esp during my ER/ ET /2WW, im sure i have lots of questions along the way...

Roland will tell u to relax ur 2ww in fact he dun mind me gg back to work after the first critical week of 2ww. He said at least I won't b too bored at home ..
But I do agree every test n consultation not cheap. Imagine I got twin he charged twice ultrascan , cannot imagine triplets then times 3
Sometimes I heartpain when pay but when I Tik of the success w him , we just let it go n tell ourselves $ can earn back since went thru so much liao

what is mini ivf and wat os natural ivf?

Mini ivf is taking med for number of days n continue with Low dose jab.
Natural ivf is your natural egg cycle where no stim jab is required except trigger jab on your original egg. More likely to use it if u have very very Low Amh n can only yield one or two eggs even after maximum atom jab dose.
Both are less costly than normal ivf cycle cos stimulation jab lesser n Low dose.

Roland will tell u to relax ur 2ww in fact he dun mind me gg back to work after the first critical week of 2ww. He said at least I won't b too bored at home ..
But I do agree every test n consultation not cheap. Imagine I got twin he charged twice ultrascan , cannot imagine triplets then times 3
Sometimes I heartpain when pay but when I Tik of the success w him , we just let it go n tell ourselves $ can earn back since went thru so much liao
Hi Dolly...

Congrats to the max to you!!! How many months already?? Hope everything goes well and have a healthy twins bb!!;)

So actually can ask more mc after ET right? I also feel that its better to work then stay at home alone and keep thinking about it...
But its good if i can work half day everyday for 2ww...LOL:D so that i can rest and work at the same time....
Want to check with you can we avoid doing ER/ET on weekends/ PH?? I really dont want to spend extra few k for the Doc OT....o_O
Cause ivf itself is already cost a bomb....
May i know if you strike 1 time with him?

Mini ivf is taking med for number of days n continue with Low dose jab.
Natural ivf is your natural egg cycle where no stim jab is required except trigger jab on your original egg. More likely to use it if u have very very Low Amh n can only yield one or two eggs even after maximum atom jab dose.
Both are less costly than normal ivf cycle cos stimulation jab lesser n Low dose.
thanks for the explanation :) so mini ivf can yield more than 1 egg but lesser eggs than normal ivf,but e aim is to get better qualoty egg with low dose simulation. natural ivf only yield 1 egg. e natural 1 is taking letrozole tablets. correct?

Hi Dolly...

Congrats to the max to you!!! How many months already?? Hope everything goes well and have a healthy twins bb!!;)

So actually can ask more mc after ET right? I also feel that its better to work then stay at home alone and keep thinking about it...
But its good if i can work half day everyday for 2ww...LOL:D so that i can rest and work at the same time....
Want to check with you can we avoid doing ER/ET on weekends/ PH?? I really dont want to spend extra few k for the Doc OT....o_O
Cause ivf itself is already cost a bomb....
May i know if you strike 1 time with him?

Usually he will avoid ph or weekends (sun)..usually he gives 14 days hl after et..

I m at wk34+ now. My number 1 gal Aso success under him n was supppse to to b fraternal twin but one didn't make it .. now it's identical twin gals.

FYI he prefer blasto n fet now. I did mentioned to him I nvr success w Fet in my record n he agree n said ok fresh trsf for me but who knows I got mild ohss this round n he said postpone to fet following month. I was scared n disappointed but I believe his judgement n went along w his decision. In fact I left w 4 frozen blasto, 1 didn't make it when thaw for trsf n put in 2 n I only left w 1 frozen blasto

yap. already done the test on Sat... money fly away already. now waiting for result to be out.

I still got 4 more blastie at KKH. Still deciding if I should transfer to Virtus to continue. I only left 1 fresh grant, no more FET grant and no more medisave coz I hit the max of 15k already. whether at KKH or Virtus, it's all cash from here onward. (heart pain)

Hi! I saw dr Roland in march for 1st consult and my hubby also alrdy did the DNA frag test but they didn't email or call him abt the results. I didn't call yet too as was intending to do FET and not fresh.

Do update if they auto call back on the results.

I wanted to start this mth for FET but he's on hol till 21 jun so also no comments yet. I'll prob start next mth. Only 1 frostie left and need to go virtus lab to pay so that they can get it out fr KKH.

Hi @Dreamscometrue @chasingrainbows .. I was one of those who also mc last yr.. Maybe we were all around the same time. Anyway just wanted to share I did some other tests like lupus, vit D and S deficiency panel, and sticky blood etc. I found out that I have MTHFR gene mutation sticky blood syndrome and Vit D deficiency. Quite a comprehensive set of tests.
Hi fitnesse, may I know how much this whole set of test called? How did your dr go on to try to treat your sticky blood syndrome or other deficiencies found? Thanks much!

Hi! I saw dr Roland in march for 1st consult and my hubby also alrdy did the DNA frag test but they didn't email or call him abt the results. I didn't call yet too as was intending to do FET and not fresh.

I wanted to start this mth for FET but he's on hol till 21 jun so also no comments yet. I'll prob start next mth. Only 1 frostie left and need to go virtus lab to pay so that they can get it out fr KKH.
Morning Cen,

Usually he only reviews the result during consultation, at least for my case la... But sometime he forgot what test we have done..i have to remind him to explain the result...o_O

So you doing your FET with Roland Chieng ?? My next review also on early of July ......

Usually he will avoid ph or weekends (sun)..usually he gives 14 days hl after et..

I m at wk34+ now. My number 1 gal Aso success under him n was supppse to to b fraternal twin but one didn't make it .. now it's identical twin gals.

FYI he prefer blasto n fet now. I did mentioned to him I nvr success w Fet in my record n he agree n said ok fresh trsf for me but who knows I got mild ohss this round n he said postpone to fet following month. I was scared n disappointed but I believe his judgement n went along w his decision. In fact I left w 4 frozen blasto, 1 didn't make it when thaw for trsf n put in 2 n I only left w 1 frozen blasto

So lucky of you!!!!! Your tummy must be very big now!!!
You have 3 little princess now!!!
Take care...
Think you have spent alot on your whole ivf journey...But its so worth it for you!!:)

Morning Cen,

Usually he only reviews the result during consultation, at least for my case la... But sometime he forgot what test we have done..i have to remind him to explain the result...o_O

So you doing your FET with Roland Chieng ?? My next review also on early of July ......

We didn't fix a date for the next consult yet, cos I was actually planning to plunge in to start FET once my July menses report and the clinic said ok just call when it reports. Didn't get to speak to dr Roland since he's on holiday. But Now I might wait awhile and delay till Aug as my hubby hasn't started eating coq10 haha. But I spent a lot of money on acu so far at Thomson medical tcm as I've been goin regularly (once a wk or once every 2 wks) since last Sep.

Hope they can give me the results without me having to pay for another consult before starting FET. Will try to call when he's back.

Gd luck to us!

We didn't fix a date for the next consult yet, cos I was actually planning to plunge in to start FET once my July menses report and the clinic said ok just call when it reports. Didn't get to speak to dr Roland since he's on holiday. But Now I might wait awhile and delay till Aug as my hubby hasn't started eating coq10 haha. But I spent a lot of money on acu so far at Thomson medical tcm as I've been goin regularly (once a wk or once every 2 wks) since last Sep.

Hope they can give me the results without me having to pay for another consult before starting FET. Will try to call when he's back.

Gd luck to us!
Smart girl!! Ya, you should call and ask for the result...
Taking Coq10 is useful i think... we also taking all types of vitamins and fertility food prior start on our ivf... :)

Gd luck to us!
FET doesn't need any action from your hubby. So it doesn't matter if he hasn't started on coq10.

Hi dear,

Do share the cost of transferring once u transfer to vitrus clinic k. Thanks.

QUOTE="cen, post: 8534226, member: 184046"]Hi! I saw dr Roland in march for 1st consult and my hubby also alrdy did the DNA frag test but they didn't email or call him abt the results. I didn't call yet too as was intending to do FET and not fresh.

I wanted to start this mth for FET but he's on hol till 21 jun so also no comments yet. I'll prob start next mth. Only 1 frostie left and need to go virtus lab to pay so that they can get it out fr KKH.[/QUOTE]

FET doesn't need any action from your hubby. So it doesn't matter if he hasn't started on coq10.
Haha oops yup..I mean start taking also to continue to try natural actually. Like delay spending money on FET if can strike naturally though chances are really Low. Sighs!

Read that Dr Roland ordered a trial transfer for one of you but forgot which of you ladies wrote it. Anyone able to share the cost?
I suggested to him I need it as I had difficult ETs last 2 times when I was with Dr Tan HH. Dr Tan said he will need to knock me out totally and do the ET in the OT as my cervix very tight and narrow.

hihi! they just called me to say the dna frag test result is out and ask me to book appt. i was thinking of calling them if they didnt call back coz the lab said the result will be out in 1 or 2 days. my next appt on 29 jun. sat slots all not available until 15 jul.

Read that Dr Roland ordered a trial transfer for one of you but forgot which of you ladies wrote it. Anyone able to share the cost?
I suggested to him I need it as I had difficult ETs last 2 times when I was with Dr Tan HH. Dr Tan said he will need to knock me out totally and do the ET in the OT as my cervix very tight and narrow.
Has Rc done hysteroscopy for you?
My trial cannulation was done when he did the hysteroscopy and the clinic helped me to claim hysteroscopy under medisave. At the same time he did the endo scratch, endo biopsy and chlamydia test.

I was offended that he did the scratch and trial transfer without my knowledge. So it was total shock for me lying there during hysterocopy cos totally not prepared for the pain.

If you low pain threshold and need to be mentally prepared would suggest checking prior..

Sorry huh i missed out the cost the trial cannulation component was about 100 plus if i rem correctly.

Hi Cen,

I understand too...we want to strike naturally too!! while waiting for our next visit.then we can save loads of money for holiday or other stuff!!! .hahaha:D
So ET is very painful???:eek: Thought virtus has an option to get anesthetic before doing ET?? But have to pay 700 bucks more..o_O
Think i will just bare the pain for a few mins to save my few hundreds... Dr Roland Chieng did mentioned to me if i can tolerate the pain of my endo scratch , ET is nothing to me.... but i was like mad woman leh, very kanjiong... almost torn their pillow...LOL...
Think you can mention this to Roland Chieng see what is his suggestion.....:)

Has Rc done hysteroscopy for you?
My trial cannulation was done when he did the hysteroscopy and the clinic helped me to claim hysteroscopy under medisave. At the same time he did the endo scratch, endo biopsy and chlamydia test.

I was offended that he did the scratch and trial transfer without my knowledge. So it was total shock for me lying there during hysterocopy cos totally not prepared for the pain.

If you low pain threshold and need to be mentally prepared would suggest checking prior..
Oh ya, i did the trial too......

Sorry huh i missed out the cost the trial cannulation component was about 100 plus if i rem correctly.
Hi! Thanks for your reply on the cost. Hysteroscopy I alrdy did in oct at KKH with Dr Tan before my 2nd fresh in nov but it didn't help much. Dr Tan ordered the hysteroscopy after my 1st fresh difficult transfer in July last yr and Mentioned that he will arrange to do an op for the actual ET for 2nd cycle but Thk he forgot to write in his file and just tried the usual ET and struggled for a gd 10 min the 2nd time Just like the first time. So seems like the Hysteroscopy didn't help open up the channel. He did clear polyps though so I Guess Not totally wasted.

I will wanna do the trial before the next transfer as It's possible there was trauma to the embryo from struggling the last 2 rounds.

Hi! Thanks for your reply on the cost. Hysteroscopy I alrdy did in oct at KKH with Dr Tan before my 2nd fresh in nov but it didn't help much. Dr Tan ordered the hysteroscopy after my 1st fresh difficult transfer in July last yr and Mentioned that he will arrange to do an op for the actual ET for 2nd cycle but Thk he forgot to write in his file and just tried the usual ET and struggled for a gd 10 min the 2nd time Just like the first time. So seems like the Hysteroscopy didn't help open up the channel. He did clear polyps though so I Guess Not totally wasted.

I will wanna do the trial before the next transfer as It's possible there was trauma to the embryo from struggling the last 2 rounds.
Oh yes.. would believe trial is crucial for you. if the routemap is not known the catheator may still cause trauma even if you are under anesthesia.

Reactions: cen
Hi Cen,

I understand too...we want to strike naturally too!! while waiting for our next visit.then we can save loads of money for holiday or other stuff!!! .hahaha:D
So ET is very painful???:eek: Thought virtus has an option to get anesthetic before doing ET?? But have to pay 700 bucks more..o_O
Think i will just bare the pain for a few mins to save my few hundreds... Dr Roland Chieng did mentioned to me if i can tolerate the pain of my endo scratch , ET is nothing to me.... but i was like mad woman leh, very kanjiong... almost torn their pillow...LOL...
Think you can mention this to Roland Chieng see what is his suggestion.....:)
Its not Super painful but I was more worried abt the embryos being traumatised in the process in the tube as dr Tan was withdrawing the tube in and out each time he couldn't get it in completely...at least try to eliminate 1 issue of why the embryos not implanted after 2 tries and 4 wasted embryos. It could also jus b embryo quality or non receptive lining (my lining always triple and ard 11mm) or killer cells (really don't know the reason). :(

Its not Super painful but I was more worried abt the embryos being traumatised in the process in the tube as dr Tan was withdrawing the tube in and out each time he couldn't get it in completely...at least try to eliminate 1 issue of why the embryos not implanted after 2 tries and 4 wasted embryos. It could also jus b embryo quality or non receptive lining (my lining always triple and ard 11mm) or killer cells (really don't know the reason). :(
Ya, have to minimize all the possibility which may harm the embryos.
The trial thingy really fast , but i just don't like the feeling.keep bumping water in...o_O ..Think only take less than 3 mins.

hihi! they just called me to say the dna frag test result is out and ask me to book appt. i was thinking of calling them if they didnt call back coz the lab said the result will be out in 1 or 2 days. my next appt on 29 jun. sat slots all not available until 15 jul.

His sat schedule usually quite full plus he may have ivf er before he starts his appt in his clinic .

Hi everyone :) After failing many rounds of clomid/IUI/IVF the past 4 years, finally got my bfp via FET yest! Just want to tell you girls to keep your hopes up and don't give up!
Congrats! Thanks for sharing the good news!

I'm at my 3rd year mark... after many rounds of clomid/IUI/IVF... pretty much same as you... but still waiting for my rainbow baby. Can share your experience? Anything you did different for this round of FET?

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the good news!

I'm at my 3rd year mark... after many rounds of clomid/IUI/IVF... pretty much same as you... but still waiting for my rainbow baby. Can share your experience? Anything you did different for this round of FET?

Thanks! Yeah so many tries until count also sian. Hope you won't need as long as me!

Think the "difference" is I didn't care as much.. so ironic right. Continued desserts and such. Previously I would limit my chocs.

I'm quite an active person usually, but that one got to cut down intensity. So I walked a lot more, and continued climbing some stairs - but towards the end of 2ww I started cramping every time I climbed so I stopped.

Hi fitnesse, may I know how much this whole set of test called? How did your dr go on to try to treat your sticky blood syndrome or other deficiencies found? Thanks much!

Hi Cen
Actually I'm not sure whether there is a name for all the tests I've done. I've listed all the test in the miscarriage thread.. u can check it out there. For my sticky blood, I'm supposed to take oral meds one month before IVF (FET), and administer a daily jab called Heparin during 2ww. I'm also told to up my Vit D to 2000mg per day starting from now as I have Vit D deficiency.

Need opinion for all sister here, if poor egg quality. Will long protocol help egg quality? As my 1st 2 ivf, i was in short protocol. Dr recommend me to go through long for this round? Any sister succeed story to share?

Need opinion for all sister here, if poor egg quality. Will long protocol help egg quality? As my 1st 2 ivf, i was in short protocol. Dr recommend me to go through long for this round? Any sister succeed story to share?

I was told that it's likely I have poor egg quality. Tried both short and long protocol before, but no difference for me. But it's worth trying something different, your body might react differently! All the best :)

I was told that it's likely I have poor egg quality. Tried both short and long protocol before, but no difference for me. But it's worth trying something different, your body might react differently! All the best :)
I was wondering long protocol will help to get a better quality egg?

I was wondering long protocol will help to get a better quality egg?

According to my doc, the quality of egg can't be improved, sadly. Whether it's short or long protocol, it won't make a difference to the quality.

I think some docs might suggest supplements (my doc doesn't think they help), so it's best if you ask yours?

For my first two fresh cycles (one short one long), I had many follicles (20-30). But whatever eggs that were retrieved, only one was fertilized for both times. And both transfers were BFN.

According to my doc, the quality of egg can't be improved, sadly. Whether it's short or long protocol, it won't make a difference to the quality.

I think some docs might suggest supplements (my doc doesn't think they help), so it's best if you ask yours?

For my first two fresh cycles (one short one long), I had many follicles (20-30). But whatever eggs that were retrieved, only one was fertilized for both times. And both transfers were BFN.
Hi Veraine, u are seeing which doctor?

Last edited:
Hi sister , I also have egg quality issues, I gone through long and short protocol, I feel like not much difference.

Even with high dna frag, your best chance at getting preg is still ivf icsi i would think.

Get hubby to take coq10 / ubiquinol which is very good antioxidant, need to take at least 3 months. Dont rush into it if you are still early 30s try to see if the sperm improve. Cos fresh cycle not cheap unless you can afford and dont wanna wait.

My hubby sperm count and morph improved after taking many months but still below standards, but good enough for icsi.

Hi
Would like to know where do u normal purchase coq10 / ubiquinol from? Can just get from guardian or Watsons?

Hi
Would like to know where do u normal purchase coq10 / ubiquinol from? Can just get from guardian or Watsons?
Hihi ysl16,

You can get it from Watson or iherb ( Recommended by some sisters here). For me, i am taking Blackmores brand and usually get it from Watson or JB Watson ( Much Cheaper):).

Back