IVF/ICSI Support Group

It would depend on which hospital you are with. I'm at KKH. First saw the doctor mid Sep (cannot remember when I called in to book appointment already). Briefing was early Nov. Just started my IVF cycle early Dec. I'm on the short IVF cycle which is 1 month But I think the long IVF cycle is 2 month. Long or short cycle cannot choose, it depends on your doctor's decision. My first visit to KKH includes see doc and do some blood test, costed $600+ (we paid by cash). IVF briefing paid $300+ also paid by cash.

I'm thinking about going Kkh also. So the price is just for woman test alone or what ? May I know ? And what are the test that is needed to do also? But how about the ivf cycle cost ? Heard can use medisave ?

I'm thinking about going Kkh also. So the price is just for woman test alone or what ? May I know ? And what are the test that is needed to do also? But how about the ivf cycle cost ? Heard can use medisave ?
I was previously seeing another doc in Gleneagles for IUI and she advice me to go to govt hospital for IVF after my failed IUI. I brought my earlier test reports from the private doc to KKH. So I don't need to repeat the tests such as husband's sperm test and the test to check if my fallopian tubes are blocked (HSG test). My husband and I had to do several blood tests on our first visit to KKH. Blood test done were syphilis, HIV, Hep B, Hep C antibody, AIDS and rubella antibody. As for the cost, it's a bit more complicated. You can refer to: http://www.heybaby.sg/havingchildren/art.html

I think the Royal jelly & coq10 helped? I have been taking that since last month when I was on e gynera...

WOW...1month and the effect is gr8t! When you be doing your ET?
I am also taking coQ10 but not royal jelly. Hope I can yield as many as you.

WOW...1month and the effect is gr8t! When you be doing your ET?
I am also taking coQ10 but not royal jelly. Hope I can yield as many as you.

I'm still worried tho, about the fertilization rate and all... ET is scheduled on Tuesday for now... Anticipate the call tmr!

I'm still worried tho, about the fertilization rate and all... ET is scheduled on Tuesday for now... Anticipate the call tmr!

Don't worry. Probability of fertilization rate would be higher since you yield so many... now you rest well.
Hope you to hear good news from you and I wish you every success in the ET on Tuesday and thereafter! :) :)

Don't worry. Probability of fertilization rate would be higher since you yield so many... now you rest well.
Hope you to hear good news from you and I wish you every success in the ET on Tuesday and thereafter! :) :)

Thank you! Btw can I ask, do u still continue coq10 after ET?

Hi ladies, it's 1 day post my egg retrieval. I'm still having some spotting & I realized that when I poop, I bleed. Is it common?

Hi ladies, it's 1 day post my egg retrieval. I'm still having some spotting & I realized that when I poop, I bleed. Is it common?

Hi Claire, i think it depends on individual. Its common for seeing blood after wiping for the next 1-2days. Shld be fine as long the blood is not flowing so much that yr pad is soaked within hours.

Hi, just feel I should share. I only join forum after being a mtb with twins with ivf. All along only get advice from a friend who was successful at her 3rd ivf. Been around hospitals and tried kkh iui which I read and agreed that it's quite production line and changing to ivf takes month to see the gynae again. Finally decided and glad that I went to Roland Chieng @ Mt E Novena for the ivf. The costs exceeded my expectation as my friend estimated based on the stimulation that I received for IUI should be ~12k. My IVF was 18k before the 5k (2nd claim) medisave deduction.

Anyway, just to share few points about my ivf which i think seems to be a bit different from my friend who is now undergoing at nuh.
- My gynae advises FET as he finds that chance is higher, because we will get rid of all the hormones injections etc in our body the next month so our body will be healthy to welcome the baby.
- Per explanation from the scientific director of Virtus Fertility Lab, since it's ICSI, we need quality than quantity, so my hubby has to clear his sperms the day before my ER, before 9pm. My ER is at 8am and my hubby gives his sperms at about 2pm after my procedure. This is because no matter what, sperms are subject to environmental radiation etc so will affect a bit on the quality.
- My friend said to eat durian because of the nutrients and she eat that for her 3rd ivf. So I ate 1-2 pieces of durian each day from day of ET for about 3 days, but drink lotsa of water so wont be too heaty. I didnt drink chicken essence.
- The ivf counsellor said implantation should be 4 hours after the ET so try to stay in bed then. Not scientifically sound but I rest that whole day, except for getting up to eat dinner.
- Stays happy, eat happily and ivf counsellor said to talk to yourself as if the babies are already implanted successfully to stay in there and as what I read outside previously, "act pregnant" by taking ALL things slowly.

During the 2ww, it is torturous and with cramps that I thought is really menses coming. Enjoy the food while you still can in the 2ww, as somehow after BT even though i dun have MS, I do not have much appetite.

Wish all of you success in the ivf journey! Jiayou!
Thank you so much for sharing! Grabbing baby dusts from you. I am also seeing Dr roland. There is just so little on the forum about him. I was also wondering how many BFP at Virtus as never really hear anyone sharing. Your sharing really assures me.. Thank you.

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this forum, just started my first IVF cycle. Have been stimulating with gonal-f for the past 5 days. I keep feeling like i need to pee.. I can't find information online about this being a side effect. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this too?

hi ladies,

need your advice, could we walk in to the O&G KKH to request for support jab. Im having spotting since yesterday.
Im not sure how much than is considered dangerous but I just want to be kiasu as my appointment with Dr Chan is thurs. I do not know if I can wait till Thurs

TIA

hi ladies,

need your advice, could we walk in to the O&G KKH to request for support jab. Im having spotting since yesterday.
Im not sure how much than is considered dangerous but I just want to be kiasu as my appointment with Dr Chan is thurs. I do not know if I can wait till Thurs

TIA

Yes, i went to kk o&g almost every alternate day during my 1st fet cycle. Just have to be prepared to queue.

hi ladies,

TIA
If you are pregnant, yes, you can get the support jab. If you are due for blood test, most likely they will not give you the jab. Instead they will advise you to continue using the vaginal pressies.

Sianzzz... I have to abandon this fresh cycle coz I got too many follicles... the sonographer didn't measure the small ones after 12 follicles on each side. Doctor worry that I might get OHSS so she give me Lucrin for the trigger shot and said that this medication could affect the lining which could affect the pregnancy. Sian...... What's the wait like at KKH for the next FET cycle?

Sianzzz... I have to abandon this fresh cycle coz I got too many follicles... the sonographer didn't measure the small ones after 12 follicles on each side. Doctor worry that I might get OHSS so she give me Lucrin for the trigger shot and said that this medication could affect the lining which could affect the pregnancy. Sian...... What's the wait like at KKH for the next FET cycle?

Don't be upset. It could be a good thing. I did fresh cycle but had to delay ET ie. did a FET instead and I BFP with that. So it's not necessarily a bad thing. Use the time to prep your body and it's good cos your body will purge all the medication etc by then. :)

Don't be upset. It could be a good thing. I did fresh cycle but had to delay ET ie. did a FET instead and I BFP with that. So it's not necessarily a bad thing. Use the time to prep your body and it's good cos your body will purge all the medication etc by then. :)
Thanks for the encouragement. What did you do to prep body for FET? take supplement? see TCM?

Ok so just go in and tell them I want support jab will do? And I still continue with the duphaston even with the jab?
tell them the whole story and let the doc decide what's the next best step for you. You can also suggest that you want a support jab and yes, you have to continue with duphaston even after the jab.

tell them the whole story and let the doc decide what's the next best step for you. You can also suggest that you want a support jab and yes, you have to continue with duphaston even after the jab.
thanks babe! I will monitor and see.
Cos now ask me go out, i also feel giddy and nausea. Do not feel like moving at all.

Too many follicles? Isn't that a good thing?
Dr Loh did tell me abt e risk but I went ahead and took e HCG pregnyl shot...

Too many follicles? Isn't that a good thing?
Dr Loh did tell me abt e risk but I went ahead and took e HCG pregnyl shot...
yap. too many follicles. the sonographer wanted to continue measuring but the nurse say "full box" coz in the form there's only 12 box to fill per ovary. So, she stop measurement and counted the number of follicles. Stupid me forgot to ask the doctor how many I have. Hopefully I'll get good many quality eggs since I have many follicles. Good that you took the Pregnyl shot instead of Lucrine which my doc say would affect the lining. When are you doing your ET? Hope everything is good on your side :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum.

Just to update, I failed so-iui treatment, AF came last week end, will be starting ivf in Jan 2016.

Gg down to KK for briefing on 22 Dec PM.

Dear sisters
I haven't been active on this forum since my failed first fresh in Aug/Sep.
Just had my thawed embryo transfer last Fri so in 2WW now. I asked to thaw my remaining 3 embryos. Mine are day 2 embryos.
After thawing, 2 embryos (4 and 6 cell) retained their cells but didn't further cleave at the point of transfer. 1 embryo did expand but it was only 2 cell to begin with and became 3 cell at the point of transfer.
I'm not hopeful as I read implantation rate is low for embryos that didn't further divide after thawing. The embryos were also taken out to thaw the day before my transfer.
The 6 cell is growing somewhat fast for day 2 embryos. And the 3 cell is an odd number cell.
This is my first FET but last ivf attempt as mutually agreed with my hub.
We do have kids so it's easier to move on from here as I'm aware that we are already greatly blessed even if an additional baby didn't happened for us.
I followed this forum since 2014 (a lurker most of the time). Having been on this journey, I really feel for and truely admire all sisters here. All of you are really strong and courageous ladies.
Regardless of the outcome, I wanted to say my heartfelt thanks to everyone here for all the wonderful sharing and unwavering support.
I sincerely hope God will bless each one of you with what ur heart desires.
Don't give up trying. You will never know what life has in store for you until you walk that path.

Last edited:
Anyone on 2ww now?

It is only 4dp3dt for me and the wait is already killing me. I'm supposed to resume working on my emails tomorrow and the interim texts I get from my boss and colleague is starting to pressurize me. They are not the ones pressurizing me, more of my clients' demands and they couldn't handle them, hence had to get in touch with me.

Sigh. Wish I can just fast forward to the blood test and know the results :(

Dear sisters
I haven't been active on this forum since my failed first fresh in Aug/Sep.
Just had my thawed embryo transfer last Fri so in 2WW now. I asked to thaw my remaining 3 embryos. Mine are day 2 embryos.
After thawing, 2 embryos (4 and 6 cell) retained their cells but didn't further cleave at the point of transfer. 1 embryo did expand but it was only 2 cell to begin with and became 3 cell at the point of transfer.
I'm not hopeful as I read implantation rate is low for embryos that didn't further divide after thawing. The embryos were also taken out to thaw the day before my transfer.
The 6 cell is growing somewhat fast for day 2 embryos. And the 3 cell is an odd number cell.
This is my first FET but last ivf attempt as mutually agreed with my hub.
We do have kids so it's easier to move on from here as I'm aware that we are already greatly blessed even if an additional baby didn't happened for us.
I followed this forum since 2014 (a lurker most of the time). Having been on this journey, I really feel for and truely admire all sisters here. All of you are really strong and courageous ladies.
Regardless of the outcome, I wanted to say my heartfelt thanks to everyone here for all the wonderful sharing and unwavering support.
I sincerely hope God will bless each one of you with what ur heart desires.
Don't give up trying. You will never know what life has in store for you until you walk that path.
Good luck dear!

Anyone on 2ww now?

It is only 4dp3dt for me and the wait is already killing me. I'm supposed to resume working on my emails tomorrow and the interim texts I get from my boss and colleague is starting to pressurize me. They are not the ones pressurizing me, more of my clients' demands and they couldn't handle them, hence had to get in touch with me.

I'm on 2ww.. Did my natural frozen transfer on sat, now officially 2dp4dt. Hope everyone is doing well.

Anyone on 2ww now?

Hihi Lufie

Im also on my 2ww.Time really pass real slow.....
Today is my 5dp3dt since last Wednesday....
Had slight cramps yesterday after afternoon insertion.
My BT is scheduled on 24th Dec..so ur BT is on 25th Dec?
Let jiayou together!!

I'm in 2WW too. Tdy is my 3dp2dt. My BT is on 28 Dec so we are all just a few days apart.
I just wish to get by this 2WW without any bleeding. My first fresh, I had fresh bleeding starting from 7dp2dt and went on for 11 days.
Super stressful with the continuous bleed and start of bad omen.
Just hope I will get by this time with no bleeding, nevermind if outcome is still the same.
Hope we all have a smooth and stress free 2WW. Jiayou!!

I'm in 2WW too. Tdy is my 3dp2dt. My BT is on 28 Dec so we are all just a few days apart.
I just wish to get by this 2WW without any bleeding. My first fresh, I had fresh bleeding starting from 7dp2dt and went on for 11 days.
Super stressful with the continuous bleed and start of bad omen.
Just hope I will get by this time with no bleeding, nevermind if outcome is still the same.
Hope we all have a smooth and stress free 2WW. Jiayou!!

My BT also 28dec :) long way to go ya. Jiayou too!

Anyone on 2ww now?

Me too. 2ww. 2nd ivf. 10dp2dt Fresh cycle. Only 2 grade 3 embryos and transferred. As much as I want to tell all ladies to think positive, I'm disheartened by only 2 eggs and only grade 3 when saw some ladies with multiple blasties... So worried if fail will left with last co-fund ivf by govt... But anyway. Ladies Jia you!!! Bt on 22dec...

Hihi Lufie

Im also on my 2ww.Time really pass real slow.....
Today is my 5dp3dt since last Wednesday....
Had slight cramps yesterday after afternoon insertion.
My BT is scheduled on 24th Dec..so ur BT is on 25th Dec?
Let jiayou together!!
My BT is scheduled on 23 Dec when my ET was 10 Dec...probably different hospital had different protocol.

I sneaked in a Clearblue, planning to test after 11dp3dt before my BT. I too have slight cramps on and off, hope it means our embies are growing well! :)

Me too. 2ww. 2nd ivf. 10dp2dt Fresh cycle. Only 2 grade 3 embryos and transferred. As much as I want to tell all ladies to think positive, I'm disheartened by only 2 eggs and only grade 3 when saw some ladies with multiple blasties... So worried if fail will left with last co-fund ivf by govt... But anyway. Ladies Jia you!!! Bt on 22dec...
Jiayou!! Hope that this will be a BFP for you!

Hi, sisters..
I hv lost the battle again as AF reports diligently on 10dp2dt.. I always end up with lots of unused progesterone inserts coz I don't even get to cross to week 2 :-(
This time round is crinone, damn exp... :-(

To all my fellow cycle buddies (special shout-out to towkayneo, DawnBB, dramaqueenie, Mrs of WJZKEV) & all others in 2ww, stim stage, getting to start another cycle, hang on there, have faith & may each be blessed with a wonderful Xmas present..

I would like to seek some advices as follow (pardon me for the long info):

May 2011 Fresh #1 BFN
Aug 2011 FET #1 BFP & blessed with a baby girl

Dec 2014 FET #2 (hoping for a sibling for #1) BFN

Mar 2015 Fresh #2 BFN
Jul 2015 FET #3 BFN

Dec 2015 Fresh #3 BFN
Nothing to freeze as only 1 embryo made it to ET

I m not reacting so well recent years (Dr Tan says ageing plays a part - the number of usable embryos dropped from 8 to 4 to 1 despite on 450units of stim drugs recently).. So, I would like to hear if there r any sisters who managed to increase the usable embryos instead of gg downhill like me & if yes, Wat did ur do / take to improve the quantity / quality?) I did TCM for all cycles.. Despite grade 4 or 5 embryos, in BFN cycles, I always end up with no implantation & AF reports before BT..

I did all the above with kkh & all my grants r fully utilised. I m gg to attempting a final fresh using hard cash & so m @ a cross-road now.. I m considering
a) KKH (for its familiarity Coz it's after all 6 rounds done there)
b) Thomson (my 1st 2 rounds were done with Dr Loh back @ KKH, so gg with him this time, is 1 of my consideration)

I would like to hear any advices on these 2 hospitals, in terms of pricing, protocol (ER under GA?/ ET? / scans? Review by who? Any adjustments of stim meds along the way? Etc..)
By gg TFC (private), does it mean tt my stim drugs would be more "tailored" to suit my progress so as to improve my chances? & should I decide to change to TFC, Wat docs to I hv to provide them?

Any opinions r much welcome & appreciated.. & bears no ill-feelings towards either hospitals / doctors (as I like both Dr Loh & Dr Tan).. Thank you in advance..

Hi, sisters..
I hv lost the battle again as AF reports diligently on 10dp2dt.. I always end up with lots of unused progesterone inserts coz I don't even get to cross to week 2 :-(
This time round is crinone, damn exp... :-(

To all my fellow cycle buddies (special shout-out to towkayneo, DawnBB, dramaqueenie, Mrs of WJZKEV) & all others in 2ww, stim stage, getting to start another cycle, hang on there, have faith & may each be blessed with a wonderful Xmas present..

I would like to seek some advices as follow (pardon me for the long info):

May 2011 Fresh #1 BFN
Aug 2011 FET #1 BFP & blessed with a baby girl

Dec 2014 FET #2 (hoping for a sibling for #1) BFN

Mar 2015 Fresh #2 BFN
Jul 2015 FET #3 BFN

Dec 2015 Fresh #3 BFN
Nothing to freeze as only 1 embryo made it to ET

I m not reacting so well recent years (Dr Tan says ageing plays a part - the number of usable embryos dropped from 8 to 4 to 1 despite on 450units of stim drugs recently).. So, I would like to hear if there r any sisters who managed to increase the usable embryos instead of gg downhill like me & if yes, Wat did ur do / take to improve the quantity / quality?) I did TCM for all cycles.. Despite grade 4 or 5 embryos, in BFN cycles, I always end up with no implantation & AF reports before BT..

I did all the above with kkh & all my grants r fully utilised. I m gg to attempting a final fresh using hard cash & so m @ a cross-road now.. I m considering
a) KKH (for its familiarity Coz it's after all 6 rounds done there)
b) Thomson (my 1st 2 rounds were done with Dr Loh back @ KKH, so gg with him this time, is 1 of my consideration)

I would like to hear any advices on these 2 hospitals, in terms of pricing, protocol (ER under GA?/ ET? / scans? Review by who? Any adjustments of stim meds along the way? Etc..)
By gg TFC (private), does it mean tt my stim drugs would be more "tailored" to suit my progress so as to improve my chances? & should I decide to change to TFC, Wat docs to I hv to provide them?

Any opinions r much welcome & appreciated.. & bears no ill-feelings towards either hospitals / doctors (as I like both Dr Loh & Dr Tan).. Thank you in advance..

Pte clinic definitely better monitoring and each scan is done by dr Loh himself unless he is away then a replacement dr will take over. He will adjust the Stim med if there is a need to. Kkh is more affordable but the problem with it is U cannot speak to your main dr when U have queries or need discussion on your protocol.
Even though protocol plays a part in BFP but the most impt is still embryo quality and as we age it is a fact that our reserve drop as well as egg quality. Dr Loh suggest I take dhea and my AMH did improve after taking.

As for ER process it's similar to kkh but more comfy as you have your own bed while waiting for your turn in recovery room. Your hubby can wait together with you before U enter the operating theatre. ET U will be given time to rest and not done n go like kkh. After ET U will be resting in bed till U ready to leave.

Cost in Tfc estimate around 12 to 16k depending on dosage n no govt grant which can be a huge sum of money. Just bring your kkh record to see dr Loh or if not U just type out your stim drug n protocol in point form to show him.

Hope this helps.

Back