IVF/ICSI Support Group

May i ask? Doc prescribed only 1 tablet daily of folic acid.. which is 5mg.. is that enough? I m not taking other supplements as always tot it is too late.. can i start now? N what is the best supplement? Taking too much of supplement any harm?

Folic acid is a must for prenatal (400-800mg) and if 5mg (usually for preggie ladies) is especially prescribed by doc then it is enough. A sensible balanced diet is also a must but then maybe u need other supplements since u do not take the reqired amount of nutrients from food intake, eg vegetarian.
During my 2ww my doc also ordered me to take 5mg folic acid.
As for other supplements, your doc would definitely asked if u are already taking any and eating supplements is also dependent on different situations. No point to take all kinda supplements if u do not necessarily need them.
Eg. My tcm doc said i no need take chinese medicine but some sisters have to take.

Hi hi, anybody has a copy of the great eastern insurance that we bought after ET? Can take a pic n post it here for me pls? I've thrown mine away. Tyvm!

May i ask? Doc prescribed only 1 tablet daily of folic acid.. which is 5mg.. is that enough? I m not taking other supplements as always tot it is too late.. can i start now? N what is the best supplement? Taking too much of supplement any harm?
Aiyo sorry, just realized I left out the "c", so I meant min 400mcg, ie 4mg. So 5mg is good enough.

Hi hi, anybody has a copy of the great eastern insurance that we bought after ET? Can take a pic n post it here for me pls? I've thrown mine away. Tyvm!
ImageUploadedByForum1446892326.493535.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1446892354.295488.jpg
. Is this the one you want?

Wahaha.. I was trying to count how many pills of folic acid to take to meet that 400mg :p
Oops sorry sis :oops: btw r u taking any prenatal specific supplement? If so, usually such supplements already include folic acid along with other necessary vit & minerals in dosage to support ttc. So in u additionally take vit/mineral supplements separately, need to check that the total intake daily per vit/ mineral does not exceed the dosage that is safe.

Last edited:
Greeting to all, may I check if anyone under nuh? I am deciding btw Prof and Dr Chew. Anyone have any recommendations?

Hello, I'm a patient of Prof. He is a man of few words but over time I found him to be friendly and very reassuring. I feel comfortable and being in safe hands with Prof. I think having a doctor you can trust is the most important factor for this IVF journey.

Dr Chew did two scans for me when Prof was away. He was also the presenter when I attended the IVF seminar at NUH. He seems jovial at the seminar but was quiet during the scans (maybe because he was very busy since he had to also see Prof's patients when Prof is away).

I suggest you try to read up more on both of them online before you decide :) good luck!

Taking blood test this Thursday... Feeling tempted to use hpt but afraid wil be disappointed.... Arghhh.... 2ww really Long...
Your have come this far. Stay positive, talk to your embies and root for them to stick & grow! Hope to catch your bb dusts. Persevere & Jia you k!

Just want to share some ranting. The last 2 times i did et, i didnt share with in laws until i bfped from the last fet. This round, becos they already know i am doing ivf, so also told them when i do et. Now, they seem to think that i am already preggy. Talk abt after 3 mths, after 6 mths, and even how abt after give birth.

I still have a week plus to go before bt lor, until then, it is all waiting. I hope they understand if results turn out otherwise.

Just want to share some ranting. The last 2 times i did et, i didnt share with in laws until i bfped from the last fet. This round, becos they already know i am doing ivf, so also told them when i do et. Now, they seem to think that i am already preggy. Talk abt after 3 mths, after 6 mths, and even how abt after give birth.

I still have a week plus to go before bt lor, until then, it is all waiting. I hope they understand if results turn out otherwise.

Sometimes it feels like the added pressure can be quite disturbing... Stay strong!

Oops sorry sis :oops: btw r u taking any prenatal specific supplement? If so, usually such supplements already include folic acid along with other necessary vit & minerals in dosage to support ttc. So in u additionally take vit/mineral supplements separately, need to check that the total intake daily per vit/ mineral does not exceed the dosage that is safe.
Yeah I also take Blackmore conceive well.. But I'm abit lazy.. Don't take daily.. Remember then take

Hi, is there anyone doing retrieval tmr?

Me! I am doing retrieval tmr!

Hi ladies,

Was in this thread 2 yrs ago. Now i am back for my 3rd fresh cycle! First fresh cycle was in Aug 2013 but not successful with nothing to freeze as well. Second fresh was in Dec 2013, bfp and delivered my girl in Aug 2014.

Tmr will be my ER day. Last scan shows that i have 23 follicles. Good luck to all ladies who are still trying!

Just to add on, this is also because to do the test, they'd need to culture it to D5 blastocyst to do PGD test. So along the way many would have been arrested. So not necessary that only 1 is chromosomally unsound although growing to d5 weeded out the not so strong ones. I had over 20 eggs retrieved but ended up only 2 good ones after PGD.[/QUOTE

U have chromosome issue?

Dear all sis, may i know how often u have chicken essence during the 2ww?

Btw, earlier someone mentioned that the EYS chicken sessence with red date and wolfberries is recommended and taste goood.. i have tried and indeed it taste not bad and not yucky. It is having promo now - 8 cans (6+2foc) @ $22. :D

No I don't hv chromosomal issues per say but when they tested 4 blastocysts at day 5, 2 were found to hv missing chromosomes. So only 2 good ones left.

Dear all sis, may i know how often u have chicken essence during the 2ww?

Btw, earlier someone mentioned that the EYS chicken sessence with red date and wolfberries is recommended and taste goood.. i have tried and indeed it taste not bad and not yucky. It is having promo now - 8 cans (6+2foc) @ $22. :D

Erm... But i thought its more important to 'bu' before e 2ww...? I thot of drinking it more often to prepare dec cycle!

Hi Sisters who r using f-gonal n saizen, do u have any sides effects?

How many times do we need to go back for scanning for short protocol? It seems quite different from my past cycle..Last time will need to go back on the 3rd or 4th day for scanning once jab starts but now need to wait till more than a week...

Since they already noe it, let them noe both u need personal space and hope they don't speculate to cause unnecessary stress...Gd luck!

Any Ladies waiting for blood test next week have done HPT??
I did this morning & Bfn..... T^T it's already 9dp4dt but no bfp in sight... Kinda dejected now.... Anyone who got their bfp later than 13dpo??

I did this morning & Bfn..... T^T it's already 9dp4dt but no bfp in sight... Kinda dejected now.... Anyone who got their bfp later than 13dpo??

I have not done. Refused to face the reality. But I m going for early BT tml. Still spotting. Nvr spot for 2 days before menses b4. Still pinkish/brownish. Do inserts, finger came out slightly brown, cervix still high and closed. I really dunno wats happening. So I m going to end my misery by early BT tml.

I have blood test this Thursday whether pregnant or not . Having light spotting from yesterday... Izzit normal? Anyone experience b4.?

I have not done. Refused to face the reality. But I m going for early BT tml. Still spotting. Nvr spot for 2 days before menses b4. Still pinkish/brownish. Do inserts, finger came out slightly brown, cervix still high and closed. I really dunno wats happening. So I m going to end my misery by early BT tml.

Btw what is cervix high and closed?

Did u go to O&G for a check n Dr may give support

Hi I m thinking of doing early BT tomorrow too...supposed to be on Wednesday.
How many days post transfer r u?

Hi Sisters,

May I check what is the right time to consume folid acid, royal jelly, Coq10, fish oil, brazil nut, and raspberry tea ?

Is it everyday including AF period and 2WW?

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice evening :)

Hi Sisters,

May I check what is the right time to consume folid acid, royal jelly, Coq10, fish oil, brazil nut, and raspberry tea ?

Is it everyday including AF period and 2WW?

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice evening :)
You should be taking these supplements as early as possible when you ttc - ing (preferably 3 months before egg retrievals). Folic acid is a must, before n thoughout pregnancy period, coq10, royal jelly before ER cos it's to improve egg quality, fish oil also throughout pregnancy if I'm not wrong. Bazil nuts n raspberry tea helps in implantation. Raspberry tea to stop once you are in tww, Brazil nuts cam continue to take. Google for the benefits of each of these items and you'd know when to take it.

You should be taking these supplements as early as possible when you ttc - ing (preferably 3 months before egg retrievals). Folic acid is a must, before n thoughout pregnancy period, coq10, royal jelly before ER cos it's to improve egg quality, fish oil also throughout pregnancy if I'm not wrong. Bazil nuts n raspberry tea helps in implantation. Raspberry tea to stop once you are in tww, Brazil nuts cam continue to take. Google for the benefits of each of these items and you'd know when to take it.
Thank you for your information :) sorry one more query, just to check do you stop all these vitamin during menstruation period ? I am confuse whether should i stop when my af is reporting ( normally about 5-6 days ).

I have blood test this Thursday whether pregnant or not . Having light spotting from yesterday... Izzit normal? Anyone experience b4.?

Same situation as me now.Going for early BT tml.

Btw what is cervix high and closed?

Was doing inserts and tried to touch where my cervix is. It's high up almost to the edge of my middle finger. The opening of the cervix feels like it's forming a line to me, probably I had given birth before.

Did u go to O&G for a check n Dr may give support

Nope. I called KKH ytd when I started to spot. The nurse say monitor 1st and if it dun get better, call in on Mon to request for early BT.

Hi I m thinking of doing early BT tomorrow too...supposed to be on Wednesday.
How many days post transfer r u?

My BT is also on wed same like u. Today is 15days past transfer. Last cycle of my ivf journey. How are you? U jiayou and good luck to u.

Was doing inserts and tried to touch where my cervix is. It's high up almost to the edge of my middle finger. The opening of the cervix feels like it's forming a line to me, probably I had given birth before.

Nope. I called KKH ytd when I started to spot. The nurse say monitor 1st and if it dun get better, call in on Mon to request for early BT.

My BT is also on wed same like u. Today is 15days past transfer. Last cycle of my ivf journey. How are you? U jiayou and good luck to u.

That sounds very deep!! I have nvr checked my cervix position... but i heard high cervix is preggie! Since u going for BT tml... i hope you get bfp!!! Good luck n hope to catch your babydust, babycomex2!!

Hi Sisters,
I'm new to this forum and here's my first post. ;)
Had 4 failed IUIs and started my 1st IVF recently. Two day-5 embryos transferred on 4 Nov (1 early blastocyst & 1 hatching) and already have light spotting 2 days post transfer (6 Nov). Spotting observed on 7 and 8 Nov as well. Wondering if this is implantation or sth else? :confused:

I am only 13 days post transfer.
Feeling ok....except bloated...not sure if I eat too much or what
Mine is a FET

I have done mine too this morning. 10dp4dt, bfn too.... Sigh..... Think it is no hope.... It should be detected at this time of point. No wonder if the embryo stop growing Liao no symptom no spotting at all ..... The only reason I believe is the embryo stop growing lor..... So sad.... BT date is Fri.....

Hi sisters,

How can doctor identify if the embryo or implanted but stop growing ? Since I have no symptoms no spotting.... For this case if no pregnancy , do I need to do something like scratch emdo?

Hi sisters,

How can doctor identify if the embryo or implanted but stop growing ? Since I have no symptoms no spotting.... For this case if no pregnancy , do I need to do something like scratch emdo?
Blood test can tell if there is implantation. If it's less than 1 meaning no implant at all. If more than 5 meaning embryo implant but too weak to continue growing.

Hello... Me too having light brown spotting yesterday and this morning when I wipe the some light pink spotting too.. I having my BT on Thursday. I dare no test HPT.

Haizzz I did mine already .... Totally no mood Liao ..... Really waiting for miracle , 90% confirm case Liao for me....
Hi dun give up yet till bloodtest . Which hpt did u use? Some may need higher hcg to detect. Clear blue better .
I didn't pin much hope this round as i am nursing a bad cough that has lasted for weeks.

Back