IVF/ICSI Support Group

Did u send to his gmail account? Maybe he missed it or he hasn't had an ans to ur qn..I rem I read somewhere in the forum that someone asked him abt cost too and he replied that he is not a cashier, won't know the cost.. but ur qn are relevant mah.. were u a patient under him previously?
I think that was me haha yes I failed a fresh cycle under him and was seeing him for a review...I think he could just tell me he's not sure of the cost and that the nurse will advise me if he really don't know, don't have to be so sarcastic. I'm sure he's excellent in his profession la coz many sisters here BFP under him, maybe he's just not a tactful person. :)

Nope, never did picsi. Shall check with dr yu in my next review with her.

Btw, I just emailed dr loh today on dhea issue and he promptly replied me within 3 hrs! I think he still cares for his patient though face to face consultation may not be as pleasant as we expect it to be. Moreover, I will not be doing ivf with him so quite surprise by his prompt reply.. he is also v assuring in his mail...

hi bbpooh81,

So does that mean you are sticking with SGH? I should be doing mine next month and somehow already feel not confident about it...

Did u send to his gmail account? Maybe he missed it or he hasn't had an ans to ur qn..I rem I read somewhere in the forum that someone asked him abt cost too and he replied that he is not a cashier, won't know the cost.. but ur qn are relevant mah.. were u a patient under him previously?
I seen him once only before i send e email :)maybi my email was missed out. Ya to his gmail :)

hi can share whats is dr loh personal email? =)

No problem :) read that many choose dr sadhana as she is head of ivf department..how abt other ladies?

Either dr tan HH or dr sadhana, might be worth for u to see both to look at your condition n then u decide who u feel more comfortable with.

Hi, ashley11, chrisl, thank you! Just to clarify: is this doctor for IVF only, or is it for the whole pregnancy (if successful)? Or, if IVF is successful I switch to normal pregnancy procedure?

Hi, ashley11, chrisl, thank you! Just to clarify: is this doctor for IVF only, or is it for the whole pregnancy (if successful)? Or, if IVF is successful I switch to normal pregnancy procedure?

Dr tan does ivf as well as delivery. Dr sad only does ivf, after success, gotta switch dr to deliver.

hi bbpooh81,

So does that mean you are sticking with SGH? I should be doing mine next month and somehow already feel not confident about it...
Hi oceandeep, I am not sure yet. I'm seeing dr yu for the post failed ivf review end this month and will decide from there. Why are you not confident about yours? Is it your 1st cycle? Who is your doc? Best to take supplements and tcm to prepare for any cycle. Jia you!

I'm starting my 2nd cycle ard end Jan. Going for endo scratch 2 weeks latet and also will be using picsi.

I'm hoping these will increase our chance this time round. :D

I will remind kkh abt the picsi, hope they got it nicely recorded.

I'm starting my 2nd cycle ard end Jan. Going for endo scratch 2 weeks latet and also will be using picsi.

I'm hoping these will increase our chance this time round. :D

I will remind kkh abt the picsi, hope they got it nicely recorded.
Good luck happy peanuts! Hope the above works!

My email was sent out 4 mths ago. Its okie,in e end i choose to op at kkh le. Bbpooh81 ,think he will reply u. Maybi my email is too trivial and stupid.

Your email is not trivial n stupid lah. He told me before if he never reply is because sometimes need to access patient history n he won't have it off hand. Also some questions cannot be answered unless he scan n see u. Another reason is he doesn't scroll to next page so he will miss it if there are too many emails a day or he read n there is interruption so the mail was never send out.

Your email is not trivial n stupid lah. He told me before if he never reply is because sometimes need to access patient history n he won't have it off hand. Also some questions cannot be answered unless he scan n see u. Another reason is he doesn't scroll to next page so he will miss it if there are too many emails a day or he read n there is interruption so the mail was never send out.
Oh i see. This sounds sensible :D

ya lor. agree.

actually tsb the chinese tcm - intially i also find her not very friendly.. I rem one time I also have a bad experience with her... same like doc sf loh lah, feedback is he is not tactful, at times quite rude.

after that when I see tsb at chinatown she is much more cheerful and friendlier... I guess maybe she is overworked at the free clinic there - black faced and give u curt reply when u ask stuff. i asked abt my condition, she said - just follow what i ask u to do and get yr medicine prescription. dont ask. then thats it end of consultation. wa I wondered why patient cannot ask.. like abt my mai or abt my tongue.. ok a not.. cold or damp or what. now she can joke and chit chat a bit with patients at the chinatown clinic. like 2 different person. lol.

Good luck happy peanuts! Hope the above works!

Thanks, bbpooh!

Actually i wonder why Dr Sadahna didn't offer the 2 options to me at the 1st cycle.

Nonetheless I'm happy with the therotical increased chances for the coming cycle.

Any sister starting end of Jan too? I wonder if it'll be a quieter time as the 2ww will overlap with Cny.

Feeling excited, nervous and quite stressed :)

Anyone fall sick like flu and sore throat before ivf but still bfp? I m having sore throat now and starting my jabs next week.

thinking if I should take medicine to recover first but worried if the medication will affect the cycle. Any advice?

ya lor. agree.

actually tsb the chinese tcm - intially i also find her not very friendly.. I rem one time I also have a bad experience with her... same like doc sf loh lah, feedback is he is not tactful, at times quite rude.

after that when I see tsb at chinatown she is much more cheerful and friendlier... I guess maybe she is overworked at the free clinic there - black faced and give u curt reply when u ask stuff. i asked abt my condition, she said - just follow what i ask u to do and get yr medicine prescription. dont ask. then thats it end of consultation. wa I wondered why patient cannot ask.. like abt my mai or abt my tongue.. ok a not.. cold or damp or what. now she can joke and chit chat a bit with patients at the chinatown clinic. like 2 different person. lol.

Actually Tcm effectiveness is subjective. If successful, the physician will claim her credit n if fail, she will readily say it's your own body condition that can't conceive. No one knows what actually helped.

Anyone fall sick like flu and sore throat before ivf but still bfp? I m having sore throat now and starting my jabs next week.

thinking if I should take medicine to recover first but worried if the medication will affect the cycle. Any advice?
I don't think it will, and most drs will just ask u to go ahead. Perhaps u can chk with ur Ivf dr just to hv peace of mind.

Hi
Has anyone heard of intralipid infusion? Has anyone tried before
I've heard of women in us or uk doing it, not too sure of sg.
But if I'm not wrong, there is no statistical data to show that it helps in success rates.
Best to chk with ur Ivf dr.

Anyone can enlighten me the timeline for medicated FET?
Which day of AF will I need to start Progynova pills?
I know 1st scan is Day14 of Progynova. But what's happening after that? I forgot to ask the nurse.

Intralipid do not guarantee BFP and most of the girls drip because of implantation failure and Incase they have autoimmune disease. The cost is not high and dr will access before giving the drip. The drip is at dr Loh clinic n not Tfc. He will access before giving it. The drip takes about an hour depending on how fast the liquid flow. No harm trying I feel.

Anyone can enlighten me the timeline for medicated FET?
Which day of AF will I need to start Progynova pills?
I know 1st scan is Day14 of Progynova. But what's happening after that? I forgot to ask the nurse.

In kkh if I remember correctly they start on day 4. In pte clinic they start on day 2. First scan usually day 12 it depends on the clinic. Medicated fet no need to monitor ovulation and the days can drag longer because it is medicated control. Once your lining is optimal dr will arrange for transfer. Hope this helps.

Bb pony, I am having sore throat and high fever too while jabbing myself now. I took the usual medication also. I did ask my gp if it's ok to take medication during the jab, he said ok. I ask kkivf nurse they said ok also. It's only after ET then need to get pregnancy safe medication.

In kkh if I remember correctly they start on day 4. In pte clinic they start on day 2. First scan usually day 12 it depends on the clinic. Medicated fet no need to monitor ovulation and the days can drag longer because it is medicated control. Once your lining is optimal dr will arrange for transfer. Hope this helps.
So if lining is 8mm on day14, when will ET be for a 3day-old embryo?

Hello, I'm new here. Tmr will start to jab myself early in the morning 6 am! Nervous!
Hi,e needles are fine,just have to pinch yr flesh up at e area where e nurse thought u. N u will not realy feel any pain as e needles are thin.
Which centre are u with?they allow you to jab on sunday without a scan?or have u already done a day 2 to 3 scan and they provide u e medication to bring home and jab?

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new here. Tmr will start to jab myself early in the morning 6 am! Nervous!
Hi! 6am is very early! Is that the recommended time by your dr? It's important to have enough zz/rest during treatment.

I discovered a good way to reduce pain during jab. When u pinch tummy, try using your finger nail 1st to poke different spots, then jab on the spot that feels the least pain.

I must say that the jabs are not painful as I had thought. All the best :)

Hi everyone just wanted to check for frozen is there a chance that the embryo will stop growing.when it is thawed? Not sure what to expect other than need to get lining nice and thick.

Hello! Best of luck! I am super duper scared of needles will scream and make alot of noise during immunisations haha. But for ivf I just grit my teeth and jab. Keep telling myself that pain is temporary. I even did it myself cos my hubby too nervous lol. In the end its really not as bad as I imagined. Will go through it all over again for a child. So jiayou!!

Oh ya, done scan Liao. Need to jab early cos weekday also wake up that early, need to stick to around same timing, so no choice lor.

Hi ladies, need your advice. I'm starting ivf this month. My period came this afternoon and when I called KK, they had already closed. Do I go to the clinic on Mon morning and get my med or should I call first, as I'm planning whether should I go to work on Mon?

Happy peanut,
Ya, I'm a teacher. Weekday I wake up at 5 plus for work. So Bo bian. And it's not easy for us to take leave, really need to minimize it. Any teacher out there care to share ur ivf treatment n coping with sch work n taking mc or time off?

Hi everyone just wanted to check for frozen is there a chance that the embryo will stop growing.when it is thawed? Not sure what to expect other than need to get lining nice and thick.

Unfortunately, there is a chance that thawed embryo will not survive. Really depends how strong the embryos are. If they are day 5 blastocysts and frozen using vitrification method, survival chance is higher.

Hi ladies, need your advice. I'm starting ivf this month. My period came this afternoon and when I called KK, they had already closed. Do I go to the clinic on Mon morning and get my med or should I call first, as I'm planning whether should I go to work on Mon?
You may want to call 1st. My period came on Christmas eve and I called on 26 morning, they didn't ask me to go immediately but at 2pm that day. So better to call in case u make a wasted trip. But I'm with SGH. KK might be different.

Unfortunately, there is a chance that thawed embryo will not survive. Really depends how strong the embryos are. If they are day 5 blastocysts and frozen using vitrification method, survival chance is higher.
Thanks! Was considering whether to do a fet or start from scratch. Problem is I got just 1 frozen embryo in mount e but I want to do the transfer in kkh. Wonder if they can transport. Must ask kkh. Alternative option is start from scratch. Anyone know if femara is offered for those who dont respond to clomid? Or any other type of medicine?

Thanks! Was considering whether to do a fet or start from scratch. Problem is I got just 1 frozen embryo in mount e but I want to do the transfer in kkh. Wonder if they can transport. Must ask kkh. Alternative option is start from scratch. Anyone know if femara is offered for those who dont respond to clomid? Or any other type of medicine?
Hi kkh accept transfer of external embries to them? Maybi not,think u need to call and check. They ok with transfer out but maybi not transfer in to their centre.
but i personally think tt transfer of 1 embrie is rather risky since it is 1 precious 1 left. We will not know wat may happen in e process of transportation..

Last edited:
You may want to call 1st. My period came on Christmas eve and I called on 26 morning, they didn't ask me to go immediately but at 2pm that day. So better to call in case u make a wasted trip. But I'm with SGH. KK might be different.

Thanks Jmec

Hi kkh accept transfer of external embries to them? Maybi not,think u need to call and check. They ok with transfer out but maybi not transfer in to their centre.
but i personally think tt transfer of 1 embrie is rather risky since it is 1 precious 1 left. We will not know wat may happen in e process of transportation..
Hmm thats true. Guess the cost scares me haha. One fet in mount e was 4 or 5k, no subsidy.

Does anyone know when is the first scan for short cycle at KK? I remembered the nurse told me that I will need to do ultrasound when having period.

Back