IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ok maybe I'll see how first... Is the SIS scan very painful? I am very scared of pain type... Even ET also asked for sedation.... Thanks for the pricing, very helpful to get a gauge of the damages... Will go see doc soon. Hopefully nothing too serious.. Now my hope to try FET in Oct is gone.. Better tiao my body first.

To me, its darn painful. But i read that its painless for some!? Hah, i literally felt like i was gg into labor!! But of course, it only hurts for that moment. I felt fine right after. The moment where e saline was injected, i was clenching my fists n griting my teeth. And this is coming from someone who had reasonably high pain tolerance . I mean i could get up n walk ard the next day after csect!
Btw, from my SIS scan, it was noted i had a 1.6cm cyst but doc nvr mention abt this cyst at all leh. Will having cyst impact on my ivf attempt?

I think SIS is quite similar to HSG. I also wanted to cry on the treatment bed. Like wtf so painful one. Worse than I thought. But i didn't take pain killer, thinking my pain threshold is high. After this incident I never dare to mention again I have high pain threshold
So I think must take painkiller for anyone who's going for such procedure.

Congrats @eezynl and @Miracle No. 2

Very happy to hear the good news. Its encouraging to first timers like myself. Sometimes after all the depressing news of sisters that didnt succeed, i became kinda paranoid to go thru lor..

Baby dust to all of of us here still waiting for that stork to come :)

Dramaqueenie maybe ask your doc about the cyst?

My sis had her "small" cyst in ovary removed after two failed transfers. 3rd transfer she bfped. So not sure if it's due to the cyst elimination.

To me, its darn painful. But i read that its painless for some!? Hah, i literally felt like i was gg into labor!! But of course, it only hurts for that moment. I felt fine right after. The moment where e saline was injected, i was clenching my fists n griting my teeth. And this is coming from someone who had reasonably high pain tolerance . I mean i could get up n walk ard the next day after csect!
Btw, from my SIS scan, it was noted i had a 1.6cm cyst but doc nvr mention abt this cyst at all leh. Will having cyst impact on my ivf attempt?
Hi queenie,

Did the doc provide alternative like sedation for the SIS? I think I will scream like crazy and struggle until the scan probe cannot even be inserted.... Hiakz so many hardship to go thro in order to be able to conceive... Really a tough and long journey.

Yup yup. Ask ur doc.
I was previously with private gynae and was advised to removed a cyst which is almost 3cm before ttc.
However, I was told after the procedure that this will reduce my amh.
My amh was 2.6 before the surgery.

Iainelaine, im seeing ban choon chan at marine parade. He actually cfm my embryos have implanted on 8dp2dt just by pulse reading. So i went for bt on 9dp2dt n surprise that my hcg is 185. All the best for ur bt!
Wah he so li hai. Maybe I shld go c him next wk to see if I should still go for my bkk trip :p but I really cannot stand his queuing system.

Hi queenie,

Did the doc provide alternative like sedation for the SIS? I think I will scream like crazy and struggle until the scan probe cannot even be inserted.... Hiakz so many hardship to go thro in order to be able to conceive... Really a tough and long journey.

Its supposed to be a minor procedure so i dont think sedation is required. My ordeal also came abt becos they were struggling to inject me. They couldn't reach my cervix w their instruments? They spent more than 1 hr trying n they changed instruments like 3times, not sure if thats why i find it so darn bad. Maybe my cervix felt violated and traumatized. Lol

I was told by tcm doc that during the 2ww, menses should not come if the progesterone level is kept sufficient. She said people only find out that they If they have BFP after the blood test. For me, my menses came on 10dp3dt which is way too early.
Anyone at kkh who has requested for BT during the 2ww to check progesterone level? Or anyone from KKH seeing private gynae during 2ww?

Its supposed to be a minor procedure so i dont think sedation is required. My ordeal also came abt becos they were struggling to inject me. They couldn't reach my cervix w their instruments? They spent more than 1 hr trying n they changed instruments like 3times, not sure if thats why i find it so darn bad. Maybe my cervix felt violated and traumatized. Lol

Haha! I think my cervix will feel the same way too so doc sometimes even struggle with TVS.. I took sedation for ET cos I scare I will struggle then embryo not placed properly... Wanna avoid your kind of drama...I tried popping painkillers/ relevant before my iui but I ended up wide awake and struggling !

MI juz did a hysteroscopy (similar to LAP) on 12 Aug and they din remove e cyst or anything. In fact, nothing was done as i was told all cleared. There goes $1k+!

Sisters who hv done hysteroscopy or LAP, did ur menses only resume 4-6wks later? Thats what the nurse at day surgery center told me. Cos she says i might bleed up to one wk. I told her I'm expecting my period these 2 days n she laughed n told me my menses will only come 4-6wks later.
i only bled for a day right after hysteroscopy n no bleeding thereafter. But exactly a wk later, i had what i thought was my usual menses. First spotted then actual flow. Juz ended. Exactly like my AF so I'm quite confused

I think e sis not so painful for me..e nurses doing e sis at kkh is quite reassuring n put u at ease. I always use a tactic where my friend teach me. When they poking something in 'there',(eg pap smear,sis,swab test), push like u going to pass motion. Its works for me n i dun need painkillers.
E saline injection is 5 min in for me. After tt, they took out e tube of e saline n do normal tvs scan. E whole process is ard 15min. To me, e after effect after er is more painful particularly at e side where more eggs were extracted as compared to sis

Last edited:
MI juz did a hysteroscopy (similar to LAP) on 12 Aug and they din remove e cyst or anything. In fact, nothing was done as i was told all cleared. There goes $1k+!

Sisters who hv done hysteroscopy or LAP, did ur menses only resume 4-6wks later? Thats what the nurse at day surgery center told me. Cos she says i might bleed up to one wk. I told her I'm expecting my period these 2 days n she laughed n told me my menses will only come 4-6wks later.
i only bled for a day right after hysteroscopy n no bleeding thereafter. But exactly a wk later, i had what i thought was my usual menses. First spotted then actual flow. Juz ended. Exactly like my AF so I'm quite confused
I did LAP and D&C on cycle day 14. Bled for only a day or 2 as well.
The bleeding was much lighter than normal af.
Menses came slightly earlier than my normal schedule on cycle day 24. Wasn't 4-6 weeks for me. It was back on schedule the following month.

I think SIS is quite similar to HSG. I also wanted to cry on the treatment bed. Like wtf so painful one. Worse than I thought. But i didn't take pain killer, thinking my pain threshold is high. After this incident I never dare to mention again I have high pain threshold
So I think must take painkiller for anyone who's going for such procedure.
@redvel.. When i did my HSG i felt ok.. But when I did endo scratch.. The inserting of catheter and scratching is damn bloody painful to me leh.. I was clenching my fist and gritting my teeth.. Wah lau eh.. But after THH took out the catheter I feel ok liao.. Just a little AF cramp feel..

Rachelt both you also didn't take painkiller? I've learnt my lesson so endo scratch I did pop the pill. I think it helped. Not that painful.

Miracle - rest well!

Summer reef and xiaomyang - I also failed fet in July. My menses that round is kinda normal le...

Hi sisters - wah really not bull shit. what is ban Choon chan's waiting time on weekday afternoon? My office is nearby,thought maybe can switch to him... And his medicine is what type? Boil herbs or pour powder type? And roughly how much? And how long too see him once?? Sorry so many questions!

Rachelt both you also didn't take painkiller? I've learnt my lesson so endo scratch I did pop the pill. I think it helped. Not that painful.
HSG i didnt take.. Nobody gave me anything or told me anyting..
Endo Scratch I didnt know must take painkiller leh.. Wah lau.. That one really pain die me ar.. No joke lah..

Actually i am more curious to know is it removal of endometrial polyps or fabriod more painful?will doc do D&C or lap at kkh for this?any sisters experiencing this before , care to share? N will amh reduce after this?
I have not yet received my sis report but i wonder wat doc will say to me. Radiologist like see some small polyp but dun want to say much, ask me to ask doc cos they in no position to comment. Now i just mentally prepare for e worst of surgery needed first while waiting for e doc appt..
Being woman is tough

Last edited:
HSG i didnt take.. Nobody gave me anything or told me anyting..
Endo Scratch I didnt know must take painkiller leh.. Wah lau.. That one really pain die me ar.. No joke lah..
Ya...HSG so pain for me! This pain I already calling out for god inside me. Labor pain a thousand folds. Kudos to all mamas.

Congrats @eezynl and @Miracle No. 2

Very happy to hear the good news. Its encouraging to first timers like myself. Sometimes after all the depressing news of sisters that didnt succeed, i became kinda paranoid to go thru lor..

Baby dust to all of of us here still waiting for that stork to come :)

Thx dramaqueenie! I totally can understand how u feel. I failed one fresh n one fet too n was so devastated. I oso thot that i will never succeed. My gf succeeded at first try n i jus dun understand y its so tough for me. It will be ur turn soon! Dun give up!

Miracle - rest well!

Summer reef and xiaomyang - I also failed fet in July. My menses that round is kinda normal le...

Hi sisters - wah really not bull shit. what is ban Choon chan's waiting time on weekday afternoon? My office is nearby,thought maybe can switch to him... And his medicine is what type? Boil herbs or pour powder type? And roughly how much? And how long too see him once?? Sorry so many questions!

Weekday afternoon not too bad... maybe abt 2 hrs. If can go weekday morning is better. But nv go on weekend, my longest waiting time is 5 hours. If u can only go on weekend, arrive by 730am. His medicine need to be brew de. He dun charge consultation so only pay for the medicine. The charges depend on how many packets of medicine n wat kind of herbs. For me, so far my medicine is abt $30 per pack. If u r seeing him to tiao ur body then go after ur menses end. I tried to go b4 that when i know the cycle failed, end up waste my time cos he say only can advise after my menses. For those ladies in the 2ww esp right after et, can try double boiled chicken essence to support the implantation.

Actually i am more curious to know is it removal of endometrial polyps or fabriod more painful?will doc do D&C or lap at kkh for this?any sisters experiencing this before , care to share? N will amh reduce after this?
I have not yet received my sis report but i wonder wat doc will say to me. Radiologist like see some small polyp but dun want to say much, ask me to ask doc cos they in no position to comment. Now i just mentally prepare for e worst of surgery needed first while waiting for e doc appt..
Being woman is tough
I did mine (LAP & D&C) at kkh. I could walk normally in less than 2 days. I only took 1 painkiller after the procedure due to shoulder ache.
Shoulder ache was due to the air they pumped into the body to balloon it for the LAP. It somehow will cause pain in the shoulder. Other than that, there's no pain to the surgery area.
However, I was very very bloated due to the air pumped into the body. It took me 3 weeks to get rid of the bloat. Many people thought I was pregnant.
For me, doc said there will be reduction in amh due to the surgery. So I was told to do another amh check after surgery.

I did mine (LAP & D&C) at kkh. I could walk normally in less than 2 days. I only took 1 painkiller after the procedure due to shoulder ache.
Shoulder ache was due to the air they pumped into the body to balloon it for the LAP. It somehow will cause pain in the shoulder. Other than that, there's no pain to the surgery area.
However, I was very very bloated due to the air pumped into the body. It took me 3 weeks to get rid of the bloat. Many people thought I was pregnant.
For me, doc said there will be reduction in amh due to the surgery. So I was told to do another amh check after surgery.
Thanks irisy,thanks for sharing..this is for removal of polyps? Need to do 2 proc (lap n d&c) n not just 1 procedure for this? How are you feeling now?..hope all goes well for u after that..dr tanhh did it for u?

I was told by tcm doc that during the 2ww, menses should not come if the progesterone level is kept sufficient. She said people only find out that they If they have BFP after the blood test. For me, my menses came on 10dp3dt which is way too early.
Anyone at kkh who has requested for BT during the 2ww to check progesterone level? Or anyone from KKH seeing private gynae during 2ww?

That's something interesting which I've never thought about much. Both my 2 fresh ivf, and earlier fertility treatments where I've had progesterone support (ie 4 cycles in total), my AF always turned up on time (~13/14dpo), without ceasing the support. I never could understand why some ladies say if you are on it, your AF should not show.

I will ask my doc when I see her next week. See what she shares.

And so far KKH doesnt do mid cycle progesterone check.

Thanks irisy,thanks for sharing..this is for removal of polyps? Need to do 2 proc (lap n d&c) n not just 1 procedure for this? How are you feeling now?..hope all goes well for u after that..dr tanhh did it for u?
I was with private gynae when the cyst was discovered. His charges was $16k for surgery (remove cyst and do all necessary checks for fertility). Hospital bills will be separate.
My hospitalization insurance allows me to claim almost 100% for restructured hospital, so I decided to go kkh.
Called KKH and they referred the case to clinic A.
After some checks, we agreed to do LAP to remove the cyst.
Due to some prior knowledge from the private gynae, I told the doc I would like to do more checks. So he did D&C and found some polyps. And he removed them.
He also also did the ink test to check the tubes. They found the left tube to be blocked.
I did a review 2 days after the surgery. He didn't tell me abt my block tubes.
I was only told about the block tube at the next visit (a few weeks later) when I asked. When he saw my shocked look, he asked, "oh, you trying to conceive?"
I was so angry and upset. I have told him since my first visit. And he don't remember.
He could have checked to see if he could unblock the tubes during the LAP. But he didn't!
I seriously have no intention to go thru another LAP to unblock the tubes which may end up lowering my amh further.
So, I decided to change to Dr Tan HH. As all his patients are all ttc, I'm sure he will not forget.
I really wanted to complain to KKH abt that first doc. But my husband told me to forget about it. No point. I still fume every time I think abt it.

That's something interesting which I've never thought about much. Both my 2 fresh ivf, and earlier fertility treatments where I've had progesterone support (ie 4 cycles in total), my AF always turned up on time (~13/14dpo), without ceasing the support. I never could understand why some ladies say if you are on it, your AF should not show.

I will ask my doc when I see her next week. See what she shares.

And so far KKH doesnt do mid cycle progesterone check.
Yup. We should check with our doc. I'm also very curious.
The TCM said I might not be suitable for such progesterone support and I should speak with my doc about it.
My appointment with dr tan is 19 Sep. such long wait... Haiz...

Yup. We should check with our doc. I'm also very curious.
The TCM said I might not be suitable for such progesterone support and I should speak with my doc about it.
My appointment with dr tan is 19 Sep. such long wait... Haiz...
Mmm I had utro for past 2 rds and af came earlier. So I asked dr tan abt changing utro to others e.g crinone which I had for 1 rd and was gd. He says no diff...but since kkh dun hav crinone and im not comfy with utro, he gave me pregnyl shots. So kkh only have utro and jab. Will let u ladies know if it makes a diff haha wish me luck

Ouch. Irisy, that was a nasty encounter with that doc :( Well, you're in good hands now under THH.

Ok I shall ask dr Sadhana about this and also ask about pregnyl shot (by the way, what's this shot? Is it also progesterone?). My appt is 2Sep. Would want hubby to go with me but he will be on reservist.

Sisters, finally my turn to spread baby dusts here! Decided to bt 1 week earlier after tcm confirm my pregnancy. Wanna thx all the sisters here who have always been so patience n kind to answer my questions! All the best to all of you!
Congrats!

These rankings very cute. I just know I'm #2. The rest you all go fight. Hee Hee.

Rachelt no need le. I used my posb everyday card to enjoy further 3% discount.

Ok serious talk. Those above 40, have you done mammogram? I wanna do but keep procrastinating. Last night TV Pan Ling ling talked about her ordeal and i better move my butt. Anyone knows where I can do for subsidized rate? Polyclinic?
Haha I'm the lao-est zhabo here.

Redvel, I thot after 50 then need to do? Hmm I don't hv the courage to check :/

Hmm I remember now there's discount or free check up for woman leh from HPB board leh. But not sure what kind of check up, I know paps smear have, free de if I'm not wrong.

Are you finding excuses, janices?

Really 40 is the recommended age la.

To be honest I also find sometimes don't know better... ya know... oblivious is a bliss. But what if early detection means can save a breast/life? What if I have to breastfeed one day? What if what if....

Congrats miracle. Take good care n drink lots of water.

During my 3 MCs, I bled for 1 mth. Until face very pale n white...

Ouch. Irisy, that was a nasty encounter with that doc :( Well, you're in good hands now under THH.

Ok I shall ask dr Sadhana about this and also ask about pregnyl shot (by the way, what's this shot? Is it also progesterone?). My appt is 2Sep. Would want hubby to go with me but he will be on reservist.
Pregyl is the one used for trigger
Except dosage will be lesser.

1000iu every 3-4 days I think.

I am on this for two fresh..
Dr Sadhana initially plan for me to do utro insert for the 2nd fresh, but as I have a lot of discharge and she worried body can't absorb as much so change to jab.

I was with private gynae when the cyst was discovered. His charges was $16k for surgery (remove cyst and do all necessary checks for fertility). Hospital bills will be separate.
My hospitalization insurance allows me to claim almost 100% for restructured hospital, so I decided to go kkh.
Called KKH and they referred the case to clinic A.
After some checks, we agreed to do LAP to remove the cyst.
Due to some prior knowledge from the private gynae, I told the doc I would like to do more checks. So he did D&C and found some polyps. And he removed them.
He also also did the ink test to check the tubes. They found the left tube to be blocked.
I did a review 2 days after the surgery. He didn't tell me abt my block tubes.
I was only told about the block tube at the next visit (a few weeks later) when I asked. When he saw my shocked look, he asked, "oh, you trying to conceive?"
I was so angry and upset. I have told him since my first visit. And he don't remember.
He could have checked to see if he could unblock the tubes during the LAP. But he didn't!
I seriously have no intention to go thru another LAP to unblock the tubes which may end up lowering my amh further.
So, I decided to change to Dr Tan HH. As all his patients are all ttc, I'm sure he will not forget.
I really wanted to complain to KKH abt that first doc. But my husband told me to forget about it. No point. I still fume every time I think abt it.
Irisy,thanks for sharing..i sent you a pm

Are you finding excuses, janices?

Really 40 is the recommended age la.

To be honest I also find sometimes don't know better... ya know... oblivious is a bliss. But what if early detection means can save a breast/life? What if I have to breastfeed one day? What if what if....
Is it? I thot I saw 50 that's why I think I'm still safe :p

Hmm... I really dunno, but got to solve 1 thing at a time now. Now my priority is my cycle now. The rest god to wait hahaha! Frankly speaking I'm very worry Abt my health too, with all the jabs n hormones in into my body.

Btw, my polyp was discovered during my 1st n subsequent stimulation scans

Is it? I thot I saw 50 that's why I think I'm still safe :p

Hmm... I really dunno, but got to solve 1 thing at a time now. Now my priority is my cycle now. The rest god to wait hahaha! Frankly speaking I'm very worry Abt my health too, with all the jabs n hormones in into my body.
Endless worries hor..me too..super sian with ivf thingy n e jabs ,body can take e enormous injection pumping ma,e pre ivf preparations, etc. N worse case getting bfn results after e trying. How good if can strike naturally one fine day..dreaming though for me as doc says impossible..

Pregyl is the one used for trigger
Except dosage will be lesser.

1000iu every 3-4 days I think.

I am on this for two fresh..
Dr Sadhana initially plan for me to do utro insert for the 2nd fresh, but as I have a lot of discharge and she worried body can't absorb as much so change to jab.
Hmm but pregnyl is HCG, no? Ok I'm confused. Do we need HCG or progesterone to support a pregnancy? Or they work the same?

Thanks for highlighting this option. I'll see what she thinks.

Hmm but pregnyl is HCG, no? Ok I'm confused. Do we need HCG or progesterone to support a pregnancy? Or they work the same?

Thanks for highlighting this option. I'll see what she thinks.
Both same ... (I think)

But good to check with her on the difference.
:)

Positive thinking is good! While waiting for FET we will ttc natural but no stress la. Wanna do, do. Don't want to do then forget it. Ha.

Serious note I'm sick of the jabs. Kudos to those who did fresh so many rounds.

My 1st ivf was with sadahna, I was given pregnyl too. During my natural fet I was given pregnyl every 3 days plus daily progesterone.

Actually if can, we can do trigger shot on our own de. Sgh asked us to do it ourselves on tummy n this time round with private CARE, we requested ton do it ourselves too on the butt cos it's cheaper than for tummy.

Actually after my gal, I'm very scared of jabs n all those I had been through. I think back I dunno how I can really survive that n told myself I can never go back to the past again. But after my mc last year, somehow my courage come back but not like before anymore.

Haha for us difficult to conceive naturally lah, cos need to 'work' hard mah. We don't like to work leh :D

Oh can jab on our own for the pregnyl? I think 2 Sep I will have a long list of questions.

Ok we like to "work". But too bad work so hard also no use:oops:

Back