IVF/ICSI Support Group

Happy mtb, her AMH is normal, not low. Diff units of measurement

Icic @tsf0205 . Thanks.
Tot i have hope cos my AMH is extremely low at 0.5 only... And FSH is very high, almost towards the menopause range.
I have to abort my cycle earlier this month as there wasnt any eggs stimulated after 9days... Sigh!
For me really no eggs liao... So envious that some sisters here have eggs to freeze... I'll be thrilled if i have just one egg to transfer. Sigh!

From my observation quite alot of bfps since may starting from deardyan. I really think this forum helped many sisters on what to do what not to do what to eat what not to eat n so thus helping in their ttc journey. Kudos to the sisters here.

Im glad i found this support group when i thought i was alone. I've one blocked tube, endo and fibroids - ivf is my only hope now.

Im 17 days into my lucrin jabs, having the symptoms of menpause since the first day - hot flashes, dry skin, insomnia etc. On day 16 which was yesterday, i had fever, diarrhoea, cramp & vomit..not sure is it regarded to the jab.

I have a few questions, hoping some exp mummies can help me :-

1. Can I take still chinese medicine from my sinseh.
2. Is there any particular food should i be taking more.
3. Any food for my hubby to take to boost his sperms count. He is totally normal but i just feel kaisu.
4. Any advise

During FET 2ww, still need to eat lots of egg whites?? What is advisable to eat during FET?
Hi, may I know what is tsb?

TSB is a chinese lady physician (TCM), she helps a lot of women preggy (IVF or not) - her full name is Tan Siew Buoy

Cant say for FET, but eat egg whites is to reduce the bloatedness for those with large number of stimulated follicles...

Can I know any sisters here have tried endo scratch b4? Usually its done 1 week b4 AF comes? After my fresh ivf in march, my cycle has gone hay wire from 30/31 days to 37-40 days. But due to my FET this mth which failed, some how my AF arrived very early after I stop the inserts. So now im lost... I dunno when shld I fix my endo scratch cos I have no idea my cycle will b back to normal 31 days or will still be almost 40 days long. If I fixed on day 24 or 25 and happened my AF arrives on day 28, the endo scratch I've done will be wasted or not be as effective?

I'm not sure about what other docs will say but for mine, i'm scheduled to do on coming cd23 (today is my cd4). My worry is what if my af comes really late. My usual is 31-32 day cycle. So I asked my doc and she said it's ok if my af comes later. I mean i won't think it will come earlier so we didn't touch on that. But she briefly said so long it's before af it's ok. I think best to check with your doc and tell her your situation?

Im glad i found this support group when i thought i was alone. I've one blocked tube, endo and fibroids - ivf is my only hope now.

Im 17 days into my lucrin jabs, having the symptoms of menpause since the first day - hot flashes, dry skin, insomnia etc. On day 16 which was yesterday, i had fever, diarrhoea, cramp & vomit..not sure is it regarded to the jab.

3. Any food for my hubby to take to boost his sperms count. He is totally normal but i just feel kaisu.
4. Any advise
Yes.. You can still take Tcm.
Sisters here take more egg white..red dates tea..
My husband take more seafood.. Not sure it works or not.. But I am happy that 9 out of 12 are fertilized.

4. Any advise
Pls let yr sinseh knw your condition. Some tcm meds cause fibroids grow faster. Pls google n check on what food ppl with fibroid shud avoid gal.

i have not seen dr loh before.. will he do intralipid for me on e first visit? im thinking to book an appt to see him this friday, if everything goes well after scan at kkh, shud be sat or monday trigger shot. TIA!

I'm not sure about what other docs will say but for mine, i'm scheduled to do on coming cd23 (today is my cd4). My worry is what if my af comes really late. My usual is 31-32 day cycle. So I asked my doc and she said it's ok if my af comes later. I mean i won't think it will come earlier so we didn't touch on that. But she briefly said so long it's before af it's ok. I think best to check with your doc and tell her your situation?

Redvel, im oso Cd4 today... Actually my appt for endo scratch is schedule on 19th July but didnt expect AF came early so thinking if I shld chg to earlier date yet im worried my cycle will be abnormally long again. Anyway, thx for sharing!

Hi Tsf0205,
This is my second IVF. I was successful at 1st attempt with a baby boy who now just turns 2.
In my first trial, I have more than 20 eggs but only 2 made it to ET, the rest not even good enough to frozen. The doctor says I was very lucky to conceive my boy as my 2 best embryos were not perfect either. I'm doing fresh cycle this round too and the doctor thought the embryogen can increase the surviving rate of the embryo out and in our womb. I did some google and it's sound amazing. But I'd like to hear from real live experience
I'm with doctor Yu SL from SGH and the nurse tell me doctor Yu is the only one in Singapore using Embryogen ( she orders from overseas herself) and have been using it for 2 years for those cases have history of miscarriage. She didn't use it on me in my first trial though.

I
Icic @tsf0205 . Thanks.
Tot i have hope cos my AMH is extremely low at 0.5 only... And FSH is very high, almost towards the menopause range.
I have to abort my cycle earlier this month as there wasnt any eggs stimulated after 9days... Sigh!
For me really no eggs liao... So envious that some sisters here have eggs to freeze... I'll be thrilled if i have just one egg to transfer. Sigh!
im worried myself too. My AMH is at low levels too. Gonna start 2nd fresh and see how things progresses

Mesara, sorry to hear what u have been going through.... I was actually puzzled when dr tan started u with stims when u had the cyst. I visited dr tan last week and through the scan, they found a small blood cyst on the left ovary. He also say it's ok to proceed... I have doubts whether the cyst will disappear or get bigger and worsen if I'm to get pregnant after Ivf. Nowadays, doctors can't give us a definate answer to anything, and we just have to pursue our hopes being a mother.... Jia you, hope u get well soon!!
I think cyst is not a concern, endo...maybe. I have a cyst in ovary for years, (all my insurance excludes this term) In my first IVF, doctor Yu (SGH) insisted a lapo on me as she suspected there was more than just cyst (she is very particular). She removed few mild endo and polyps but NOT the cyst (Gosh, why she didn't remove the cyst too when she was already at it so that I can write off the exclusion term in my insurrance). Now my second fresh, the cyst STILL there but the doctor said it's ok, a cyst is just a cyst.

4. Any advise

It depends on your dr whether he is agreeable to let u take Tcm med. Mine is ok.

Can take more egg white or protein food to prevent bloatness.

Hb can take multi vits or CQ10

I think cyst is not a concern, endo...maybe. I have a cyst in ovary for years, (all my insurance excludes this term) In my first IVF, doctor Yu (SGH) insisted a lapo on me as she suspected there was more than just cyst (she is very particular). She removed few mild endo and polyps but NOT the cyst (Gosh, why she didn't remove the cyst too when she was already at it so that I can write off the exclusion term in my insurrance). Now my second fresh, the cyst STILL there but the doctor said it's ok, a cyst is just a cyst.
Cysts may disappear and reappear. Water filled cyst is fine. Corpus luteum cyst is normal. But if blood filled cyst and gets bigger in size, indication of severe endo or worst case could be cancer. Learnt from internet.

Hi Tsf0205,
This is my second IVF. I was successful at 1st attempt with a baby boy who now just turns 2.
In my first trial, I have more than 20 eggs but only 2 made it to ET, the rest not even good enough to frozen. The doctor says I was very lucky to conceive my boy as my 2 best embryos were not perfect either. I'm doing fresh cycle this round too and the doctor thought the embryogen can increase the surviving rate of the embryo out and in our womb. I did some google and it's sound amazing. But I'd like to hear from real live experience
I'm with doctor Yu SL from SGH and the nurse tell me doctor Yu is the only one in Singapore using Embryogen ( she orders from overseas herself) and have been using it for 2 years for those cases have history of miscarriage. She didn't use it on me in my first trial though.

hello, yes i think only Dr Yu use embroygen, my previous cycle buddy has endo, Dr Yu had her on short protocol with menopur, saizen and embroygen. Her ER is 4 and managed to ET 2 with none to freeze and she has given birth 2 months ago to a chubby girl...

oh but she nvr suggest to me to use embroygen for both my cycles which I managed to BFP too... so i guess she will analyse your medical profile ba

Wow, ecym, thanks. Nice to hear that some mummy here are from SGH and with doctor Yu also.
Doctor Yu is really particular, the last round she ordered me to go through a lapo (cost more than 2k) just because she suspected something and wanted to see for real, and I also went through canulation (like a trial ET) to see if any obstacle along the way. This round I have embryogen, all on your pocket money and not claimable because the gov only allow to claim standard protocol. But I'm not complaining here. I told my husband, I can give her my life for bringing about my boy. Anything to increase next 1% chance of success :)
I personally like doctor Yu, mostly because she is lady (^_^) that makes me more relax during the whole procedure and I read somewhere relaxation can contribute to IVF success too. Hope that it's the same this round

Wow, ecym, thanks. Nice to hear that some mummy here are from SGH and with doctor Yu also.
Doctor Yu is really particular, the last round she ordered me to go through a lapo (cost more than 2k) just because she suspected something and wanted to see for real, and I also went through canulation (like a trial ET) to see if any obstacle along the way. This round I have embryogen, all on your pocket money and not claimable because the gov only allow to claim standard protocol. But I'm not complaining here. I told my husband, I can give her my life for bringing about my boy. Anything to increase next 1% chance of success :)
I personally like doctor Yu, mostly because she is lady (^_^) that makes me more relax during the whole procedure and I read somewhere relaxation can contribute to IVF success too. Hope that it's the same this round

you are probably the second person who proclaimed liking Dr Yu.... hahaha... I have other friends who think otherwise... but hubby and I are comfortable with Dr Yu too! she did mention about the trial canulation on my first cycle, i prompted her again, was it neccessary, she said its up to me, in the end I did not do it... and she said my ET was pretty easy...

Yes not feeling stress during IVF is very important... I love love the nurses at SGH CARE cuz they are ever so friendly and helpful... make my visit to CARE so comfortable...

Yesterday the nurse at CARE called me to say I need not go back to CARE for the weekly blood test monitoring, tell me to take care and such...

Icic @tsf0205 . Thanks.
How old are you? If you really have no egg, then perhaps you want to think of alternatives like using donor egg with your DH's sperms if you really want a child of your own. Using donor egg isn't as bad as you might think at the beginning. When you have a life growing inside you, nothing else matters.

How old are you? If you really have no egg, then perhaps you want to think of alternatives like using donor egg with your DH's sperms if you really want a child of your own. Using donor egg isn't as bad as you might think at the beginning. When you have a life growing inside you, nothing else matters.

@faithfullyyours , I'm 38yo. Won't go for donor egg lah.
Actually I already have 2 beautiful kids. My elder boy was conceived with clomid. My 2nd is a girl from my first fresh ivf in 2009.
Last year oct we embarked the ivf journey again with a private dr but aborted after ER as no eggs were fertilized.
Then beginning this month, we try again. Worse. Dun even have eggs.

Hubby and I have discussed and we will try one more time in Aug. If really no eggs then it's fated.

Anyway we are already very blessed with 2 kids.

@faithfullyyours , I'm 38yo. Won't go for donor egg lah.
Actually I already have 2 beautiful kids. My elder boy was conceived with clomid. My 2nd is a girl from my first fresh ivf in 2009.
Last year oct we embarked the ivf journey again with a private dr but aborted after ER as no eggs were fertilized.
Then beginning this month, we try again. Worse. Dun even have eggs.

Hubby and I have discussed and we will try one more time in Aug. If really no eggs then it's fated.

Anyway we are already very blessed with 2 kids.
That's good! :)

Cysts may disappear and reappear. Water filled cyst is fine. Corpus luteum cyst is normal. But if blood filled cyst and gets bigger in size, indication of severe endo or worst case could be cancer. Learnt from internet.

Cyst due to endo is concern for Ivf. My doctor ask me to take contraceptive pills for one month to see whether cyst disappears. Luckily my cyst gone after the pills so that I could proceed further with ivf. I guess depending on the size of the cysts and nature of the cyst. My cyst was quite large... 3cm+ last time.

faithfullyyours, he didnt reply my email. I understand from my fren who is working in kkh, he dun reply email one. Can understand...dun think he has the time. I checked with the ivf centre, the nurse told me to email to [email protected] instead and request them to follow up with Dr Tan. :)
@lainelaine.. Did you try emailing using that email address? Any reply? I sent an email there previously and no reply at all..

@lainelaine.. Did you try emailing using that email address? Any reply? I sent an email there previously and no reply at all..
rachelt, you mean the kkivf address? Nope I din email. I was lucky, bumped into Dr Tan when leaving the clinic, so managed to ask him face to face. Before that I did ask nurse Felicia if I can jus grab him few mins to ask questions...she say I have to go and chk with ivf centre side cos my case file with them. Then ivf centre suggested the kkivf email.

faithfullyyours, he didnt reply my email. I understand from my fren who is working in kkh, he dun reply email one. Can understand...dun think he has the time. I checked with the ivf centre, the nurse told me to email to [email protected] instead and request them to follow up with Dr Tan. :)
Huh...really? Coz I'm sick. I saw GP twice and I just want to check with him if all the medicine given by GP are safe to take during pregnancy. Though I told the GP I'm currently pregnant. Still a bit worried. I've never been sick for this long.

Huh...really? Coz I'm sick. I saw GP twice and I just want to check with him if all the medicine given by GP are safe to take during pregnancy. Though I told the GP I'm currently pregnant. Still a bit worried. I've never been sick for this long.

If you have told GP you are are preggy, they will prescribe preggy safe medicine, dun worry...

U can google and all the websites said is unsafe for pregnancy unless is absolutely necessary.

Eg X ray is a no no but then if there's no choice then just got to take the risks.

Call up kkh and make an urgent appt to see dr tan. He will give u pregnancy safe med.

U can google and all the websites said is unsafe for pregnancy unless is absolutely necessary.

Eg X ray is a no no but then if there's no choice then just got to take the risks.

Call up kkh and make an urgent appt to see dr tan. He will give u pregnancy safe med.
Thanks lots! I read that report before. That's why I'm worried. I've been taking Clarithromycin since Wed. Still got 6 more tablets to finish before I complete the whole course. My detailed scan is this coming Tue, 1 Jul. By then, I would have finished the antibiotics.

Hi ladies, I'm doing my FET tomorrow. However, I've the symptoms of falling sick now - cough, itchy throat, feeling feverish. Is it safe to take medicine now?

Back