IVF/ICSI Support Group

Short cycle/ antagonist cycle will straight away start with stimulation jab(puregon) if AF day2 scan lining ok. Long cycle/down regulation will supress first with lucurin jab, then will scan, if scan & blood test ok then will start stim jab; the treament take longer.

Oh.. thanks for clarifying. In that case, mine is the short cycle..

Your cycle seems really smooth, only 8days stim jab then ER lo. good luck, BFP
Me doing short cycle now/first time, compared with my long cycle last time(more than 2yrs ago). This time lesser follicles(half)... Don't know it due to different protocols or due to my age was caching up. Same stim dosage...

Twins.. thanks so much, very informative. Jab is much better than support for implantation tho..

U are welcome, this is place to share right?
Jab is not necessary better than insert, my first ivf went back to kkh for daily intramuscular progesterone jab for about 18 days I think, so stress & painful... That cycle failed.
My third cycle given insert support, just do it at home, more relaxing, successful.

Hello girls i m new in this thread i Am low amh And Will start my 1st ivf in nuh this month ... Short protocole - i have one question to All Of you - do you Know if There is any hospital in singapore where they give growth hormone injection?? Or prescribe dhea (growth hormone pill do not mistaken with dha which is mainly fish oil And no growth hormone)???
Thanks for any help ladies
Gigi

Hello girls i m new in this thread i Am low amh And Will start my 1st ivf in nuh this month ... Short protocole - i have one question to All Of you - do you Know if There is any hospital in singapore where they give growth hormone injection?? Or prescribe dhea (growth hormone pill do not mistaken with dha which is mainly fish oil And no growth hormone)???
Gigi
hey gigi,
i m taking DHEA too, bought from iherb (recommended by dr loh).

Some of the sisters was given growth hormone(saizen) jab from kkh. Some sisters sharing here that they were prescribed DHea pills from kkh.
Both Meds aim to improve egg quality, I'm right?

yes, dr sf loh. i went to see him and gone through 1st fresh ivf recently, but not successful :(
your first round with sf loh success?

I did 2 round fresh ivf under him, only 2nd round successful. He is good in terms of skills, experience, knowledge...
He said my egg quality not good, and he can't help with it, Suggest donor egg some more...maybe he is telling the truth, but I can't accept it...

Last time he was so popular and got so many ivf patients, every time see him wait for like 2hours but consultation only a few minutes.
R u seeing him in TMC? Was he still very busy with his patients nowadays? How much u pay for your cycle? If u don't mind I asking? Ur short or long cycle?

Gigi

You have to be careful with DHEA. Dr Loh recommended DHEA to improve egg quality but I'm PCO so dr Sadhana stopped me. Anyway I ordered 3 large bottles from DHEA.com and they never arrived. Again a lost package by our CMI Singpost. So heart pain .. I read that its best to take it for at least 4mths before for it to take effect .. Something like that ..

Hi girls And thanks
@makino : i want to ask why he does not propose it to me i Am in NUH
Do you Know the différence between the jab and the pill?
I have a scan with my doc in 10 days i definitely have to ask!

@twins yes it is to improve egg quality if i understand it is appropriate for above 35 yo with low amh - sf loh proposed it to you ? That doc is famous indeed one Of my friends got twins with him when he was in kkh dont Know though nowadays he is in tmc if as famous as before - also my neighbour works in kkh she seems to trust sadhana a lot

Actually you Know it appears to me That big part Of success belongs not to the Gynae but the embryologist !! He s big part Of the process

Have a good day ! Gigi

Last edited:
blessedzn : im dr sf loh patient at kkh and he delivered ny baby at tmc. yes I had success with him duribg ny fet. I din succeed at my first fres but I got my girl 2 mths later when I did fet which is more stressfree. A lot of people has suceed under him and I guess they seldom pop by here now thay they are busy with their little ones some of them having twins. He is good! I felt im in good hands under him. But now due to grant in kkh I have to come back to kkh for my fresh.

I had 16 eggs.. by day 3 become 5 usable... really afraid if grow till 5 day what happens? but then they say survival of the fittest. this round my eggs growth is not so even despite sadhana up my stimulation dosage. doc steven says targetting er on 5 eggs only. as of yesterday had abt 5 eggs from 15mm to 17mm. rest of 10 eggs are abt 9mm to 12mm. how I wish they can speed up now! I did a naughty thing. I injected my remaining extra dosage myself last night. now im gg to take my blood test this am and latergoo go for healing. asking for egg growth to be fast and catch up with the rest to be retrieve and matured. keeping fingers crossed!

Your cycle seems really smooth, only 8days stim jab then ER lo. good luck, BFP
Me doing short cycle now/first time, compared with my long cycle last time(more than 2yrs ago). This time lesser follicles(half)... Don't know it due to different protocols or due to my age was caching up. Same stim dosage...

Thanks!! As a first timer, I didnt expect it to be so smooth. I always thought I have a blockage somewhere thts y no preg in my 6 yrs. plus, the comments that I receive from ppl ard me sumhow makes me believe that I am really the one having some problems in there.

Good luck to u too Twins2014!

I find Dr Loh a very good dr. He tells u the truth but at the same time encouraging when u fail a cycle.
He is experience in ivf so u are In good hands. I find first cycle is really trial n error cos we do not know how well
our body respond to the stim drugs. Also our egg quality is the most important n luck plays a part as well. Our eggs are
different every cycle, some mths good n some mths bad. There are still chance of BFP as long as we don't give up.

Good morning. Have called up kk ivf. Confess abt my earlier hpt. She said I can go down for early bt but if my reading is below 250, I need to redo the bt again in 2 days time. May I ask 250 reading range is it too high or standard? What is the range for bfp? Last night manage to dig out 1 last kit which I bought last year. Reading almost the same. Faint line..the nurse told me it take around 4 days for the injection to be out from our system. I very confuse now

U can google search on the web for more info on dhea. Most ppl have good result after taking it.
However best to check with your dr on the dosage n whether u are suitable.

Good morning. Have called up kk ivf. Confess abt my earlier hpt. She said I can go down for early bt but if my reading is below 250, I need to redo the bt again in 2 days time. May I ask 250 reading range is it too high or standard? What is the range for bfp? Last night manage to dig out 1 last kit which I bought last year. Reading almost the same. Faint line..the nurse told me it take around 4 days for the injection to be out from our system. I very confuse now

250 is a safe range for preggy. my last fresh I did my BT on day 13 reading was 146, did another BT 3 days later & the reading went up to 500+. even if ur reading is below 250 as long as ur repeat BT reading double its safe. go do ur BT to get a peace of mind! I did my earlier & now waiting for result, its really nerve wrecking now!!

I did 2 round fresh ivf under him, only 2nd round successful. He is good in terms of skills, experience, knowledge...
He said my egg quality not good, and he can't help with it, Suggest donor egg some more...maybe he is telling the truth, but I can't accept it...
yes, he also told me to go for egg donor, but i dont want :( hmm... at least your 2 round is successful :) how long do u rest in btw 1st and 2nd ivf?
i do not have many eggs and only transfer 1 embyo that time.

Last time he was so popular and got so many ivf patients, every time see him wait for like 2hours but consultation only a few minutes.
R u seeing him in TMC? Was he still very busy with his patients nowadays? How much u pay for your cycle? If u don't mind I asking? Ur short or long cycle?
yes i m seeing him at his own clinic O&G in TMC but doing IVF in Thomson Fertitity centre (can claim medisave) that why he suggested :)
mine one is long cycle and which not so good response according to him so he suggest next round short cycle..
as usual waiting time is abt 30 min at least, longest waiting time is about 1.5hr (only happen once cos he went to deliver one of his patient :)

Ladies.... my BT reading is out. its positive! I'm here with loads of baby dust for all of u!

Congratulations Audreysu!!!! Awwwww one good piece of news finally!!! This thread is so nerve wrecking. Haha. Now we wait for bearge. Hope she gets a BFP too!!! Bearge, open yr sack, kop audreysu de baby dust!!

Congratulations Audreysu!!!! Awwwww one good piece of news finally!!! This thread is so nerve wrecking. Haha. Now we wait for bearge. Hope she gets a BFP too!!!

the wait of 2 hours is the most nerve wrecking moment! when the clinic call even more nerve wrecking cos the recept was chatting with me while I just wanna know my result!!

I find Dr Loh a very good dr. He tells u the truth but at the same time encouraging when u fail a cycle.
He is experience in ivf so u are In good hands. I find first cycle is really trial n error cos we do not know how well
our body respond to the stim drugs. Also our egg quality is the most important n luck plays a part as well. Our eggs are
different every cycle, some mths good n some mths bad. There are still chance of BFP as long as we don't give up.
thanks jumbo. yes he is definitely a good and caring doctor and still encourage us to try naturally after our first failed IVF.

yes, he also told me to go for egg donor, but i dont want :( hmm... at least your 2 round is successful :) how long do u rest in btw 1st and 2nd ivf?
i do not have many eggs and only transfer 1 embyo that time.

I rested & Tiao my body (TCM, acupunture)for about a year beco I'm not psychologically prepared & also due to work scheduled.
Most drs or TCM drs will suggest at leat 3 mths to Tiao the body to be more effective. The eggs' cycle in our body are 90 days also. It sounds quite logic to me.

thanks jumbo. yes he is definitely a good and caring doctor and still encourage us to try naturally after our first failed IVF.

Totally agreed, I'm thinking go back to see him if my this cycle not successful. This round I sill choose kkh, after all kkh ivf is the most cheapest & biggest in SG

Gigi,
Dr loh never recommended DHEA to me, that time I below 35...maybe
The whole process is important: Ur dr, the embryologist, the lab, your own body & mind....

I had 16 eggs.. by day 3 become 5 usable... really afraid if grow till 5 day what happens? but then they say survival of the fittest. this round my eggs growth is not so even despite sadhana up my stimulation dosage. doc steven says targetting er on 5 eggs only. as of yesterday had abt 5 eggs from 15mm to 17mm. rest of 10 eggs are abt 9mm to 12mm. how I wish they can speed up now! I did a naughty thing. I injected my remaining extra dosage myself last night. now im gg to take my blood test this am and
later goo go for healing. asking for egg growth to be fast and catch up with the rest to be retrieve and matured. keeping fingers crossed!

Wow, u really naughty lol, self medi, u self blood test also??? Let the drs do their job, dont

How to double up my reading to 250 by Friday worr... is not consider positive to them. But base on my research reading above 5 is consider positive right?

Just had ER today. Whoever said not painful is lying. Blood on the sheets after I woke up, still spotting lightly also. Abdomen feels so bloated like there's an internal wound.. then the nurse described how doc had to poke my ovaries x number of times to get x number of eggs out. Of cuz there's blood.

Well ok, most of you are prob not allergic to painkillers but I am. I only had anesthesia for sedation and that's it. When I woke up they also dowan to give me more anesthesia also.

Quite unfair that as the woman we have to endure this ungodly pain just to try and have kids.

Just had ER today. Whoever said not painful is lying. Blood on the sheets after I woke up, still spotting lightly also. Abdomen feels so bloated like there's an internal wound.. then the nurse described how doc had to poke my ovaries x number of times to get x number of eggs out. Of cuz there's blood.

Well ok, most of you are prob not allergic to painkillers but I am. I only had anesthesia for sedation and that's it. When I woke up they also dowan to give me more anesthesia also.
Quite unfair that as the woman we have to endure this ungodly pain just to try and have kids.

Pinkbunny21, it was over, how many eggs collected during ER?
Normally they don't give anesthesia after u woke up, at most they will give pain killer like panadol.
Looking forward for ur ET, is it on Friday?

I did spot after my ER too & my abdomen cramps were worse than labour pain! I had to take synflex painkiller from GP to ease the pain even with that it didn't subside 100%. on the day of my ET I still had cramps but not that intense & 1 week later I had bad cramps again cos got hit by OHSS already

Back