IVF/ICSI Support Group

twins2014. my hubby also start ard this time...u ask e nurse when u go. btw whats the doxy for? was told its antibotics but for what kind of purpose. .

Morning ladies.....

I am gg for my ET on Thursday...doing medicated FET.............anyone from KKH too?
Any idea how many MC will be given?

Btw..any idea will it be day 2 or 3 cell?

Kindly share............thanks.................

Last edited:
im gg for er this fri. which means et is on mon.

budian13 : I think fet just 3 or5 day of mc. since u r doing fet, I think no of cell is not applicable for u.

Hi Mrs tann...

Ah....good luck to your ET on monday....rest well ya....

I think there is so call day 2 or day 3 embryo kind of saying....cos the TCM physician asked me....hmm maybe i check with kkh later...

Called kkh, nurse said doxcyciline is just a routine of antibiotics, to be taken by hubby when u start ur stim jab, my was late to start but nurse said it's ok.
Mrs tann, all the best to your ER & ET!!!

Hi Mrs tann...

Ah....good luck to your ET on monday....rest well ya....

I think there is so call day 2 or day 3 embryo kind of saying....cos the TCM physician asked me....hmm maybe i check with kkh later...

if ur last fresh is d2 transfer, then FET will also be d2 embbies

Morning Ladies.
I m new to this board.
So far unsuccessful after 1 fresh n 1 frozen cycle.
Juz did an antagonist cycle, am nearing the end of the 2ww, BT on Friday 13/9, transferred 2 5-day blasts and 1 almost-blasts stage emby.
Been seeing Dr Zou since Apr'13 for acupunctures.
Trying to keep positive as have been having some cramps n bleeds during the 2ww...
Gosh, it is juz so hard trying to keep positive.

Morning ladies, I'm new to this thread too.

I did a IVF cycle in 2011 resulting in 3 d5 embryos. Did a fresh transfer of 2 d5 embryos and am happy to report I have a 18 month old son now. Been through all that you ladies been through so happy to share my experience where I can.

Going for a FET this Dec'13 for my last d5 embryo.

so if my er is fri, et is mon. means mine is a day 3 cell right?

budian13: u got to find out for yr last fresh, its day 2 or 3 cell..

day 5? fithjy : which hosp r u fr? r u fr private hosp?

fr what i know kk is 2 day and 3 day if clash with wkend or public holiday. Im scared of 3 day cos 3 day my fertilised eggs percentage dropped a lot.

cos I er on friday but since kk close on sun (2 day), so I do on mon (become day 3).

Well if they do make it to 5DT means they are super strong.. it's like survival of the fittest.

I have caught a stupid cold right before my ER!! Worse still it is passed to me by hubby. He got the cold even on antibiotics prescribed by kkh.. so that thing did absolutely nothing. Hope his sperm production tmrw won't be affected.. making him take lots of vitamin C and chicken essence now.

Now resting and home and taking Vitamin C a lot.. I guess the most important date is the ET date.. hope I am all well by then!

Mrs Tann,
I m with KKH, my doc is dr sadhana.
ER was in 26/8 mon, told to prepare for ET on thu, went on thurs, dr sadhana said let them grow another two days, so ET on sat. There were 2 couples on thurs who also told to come back on sat, try grow till 5th day.
Doc said since the 1st fresh cycle the 2-day embbies failed, the FET cycle the early blasts failed to attach, try grow longer.
BT is on coming fri 13/9.

MGAL1 - oh wow, means there is a chance it may be 5dt for me too.. we will find out a few days after ER I think. I am also with sadhana.

Twins2014 - thanks! and goodluck with your cycle too!

Hi everyone,
I've been a silent reader in this thread and has been been enjoying myself reading all the information that I got from u ladies. Thanks a lot for clarifying a lot of questions that I have in mind.
Im currently in my 2ww. Married for 6 yrs..no child.no preg before. First time IVF. Its sumhow a smooth journey for me. 1st appt with Dr Sadhana on 10 june.. did blood tests. The following cycle did HSG and collected hub's semen. 15 july 2nd appt Dr Sadhana reviewed results of HSG..no blockage n suggested IVF since Hub's swimmers are not strong. Immediately transferred to KKIVF ctr.
I started 8 days of puregon the following cycle. On day 8, went for scan and was told that my eggs are ready for retrieval. 3 days later came for ER. 6 eggs collected.and that's the start of my HL. A total of 20 days of HL.. 2 days later, did my ET. I was told all 6 eggs are matured but only 2 are fertilised cz hub's swimmers have low mobility rate. Teared the first time seeing the picture of the embbies .

BT next week 17 sept...exactly a week from nw. Keeping my fingers cross and constantly praying n hoping for miracles. A little scare this morn cz the cramps are like AF cramps. Cry for no reason lol. Now hvg fever and migraine but don't dare to eat panadol.

Wishing everyone here lots of luck in your journeys.

Hi Sue Dazey,
Nurse said take panadol when I called in due to the horrid abdomen pain from the ER, so I guess if u r not allergic to panadol then maybe is fine.

These past week or so had been weird, waking up at wee hours, feeling cold when my husband complain is rather hot, smelling strange foods smells at nites and smelling food smells at 4-5+am in the mornings, with the usual slight cramps (esp after the progesterone inserts), strange twinges/pains where the factory department is, etc
There r a lot more strange symptoms than my earlier ivf cycles... There was also a lot more pain for more days after the ER.

Itchy hand results. My bt on 13th sept.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1378779594123.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1378779594123.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 764
Bearge, my bt also on 13th sept, but i dont dare to use the hpt to test.
There is possibility that the implantation was later than calculated, or due to a slower hatching embryo, so the hpt may not b able to pick up the trace amt of the hcg when u test.
Till the BT, would prefer to stay positive...

Bearge, my bt also on 13th sept, but i dont dare to use the hpt to test.
There is possibility that the implantation was later than calculated, or due to a slower hatching embryo, so the hpt may not b able to pick up the trace amt of the hcg when u test.
Till the BT, would prefer to stay positive...

my BT is tomorrow & I did not test on hpt! this FET I refuse to buy one

good morning ladies...

What is doxycycline?? I dont remember hubby taking it for my last IVF le..:eek:

My hus also didnt take any medication and injection for my last success IVF... but i made him take Menevit by Bayer which is antioxidant for male fertility tablets. My gync said that multivitamins is very good so he didnt prescribe further medication. I bought it from Australia. It's not available in Singapore. Think you can google it and get it from the Aus drugstore.

I also don't know is that negative or positive. Did u guys sees the faint line? Me itchy hand Lar..nothing better to do. So play with it as a count down to my bt on Friday lor. Hee...hee....

bearge, I def saw the positive even tho it's faint!! If the pregnyl / hcg shot is out of your system I think you're pregnant!!

Btw, I took Pregnyl shot last nite, 10,000 units.. and I tested with my pregnancy strip today.. hehe.. just to see if it actually works. And the line is faint too! It's not as dark as the control line and that's with 10,000 units of pregnyl! It's ok, my preg strip is like the cheap cheap kind.. 50 cent each buy on ebay one.. so can afford to waste some!

bearge, I def saw the positive even tho it's faint!! If the pregnyl / hcg shot is out of your system I think you're pregnant!!

Btw, I took Pregnyl shot last nite, 10,000 units.. and I tested with my pregnancy strip today.. hehe.. just to see if it actually works. And the line is faint too! It's not as dark as the control line and that's with 10,000 units of pregnyl! It's ok, my preg strip is like the cheap cheap kind.. 50 cent each buy on ebay one.. so can afford to waste some!
My last shot for pregnyl was on last Friday. 4 days apart. Don't know is it out from my system already or not. Nvm.. Will try to test on Thursday again as I run out of test kit. Hee...hee....

it roughly takes 1000 units to dissolve a day. So 10000 units means 10 days to go away. If you took 5000 units means about 5 days to clear ur system. Cuz if u read the Pregnyl box, half life is 36 hours. So:

Day 0 - 10,000 units
Day 1.5 - 5000 units
Day 3 - 2500 units
Day 4.5 - 1250 units
Day 6 - 625 units
Day 7.5 - 312.5 units
Day 9 - 156.25 units
Day 10.5 - 78.12 units
Day 12 - 39.... units

Hi pinkbunny, my last shot was 1000unit. So meaning it only stay in my body for a day only? Then why the nurse keeping advising us dont test earlier? I didnt kept the box as all my pregnyl were kept in their fridge. So can I call the kkivf to inform my naughty action so that they will allow me to bring forward my bt date?

That's totally ur call Bearge.. how come kk give u 1000 units only ah? I got 10K from them leh

They gave u an extra shot issit? Is urs FET or fresh? Mine is fresh

Hi pinkbunny, will call them tmr morning to confess on my naughty action. I also dont know leh.. as what the nurse said, 1000 unit for 3 days one injection is more than enough. Cannot take too much as it will cause bloatness. I was prescribe with only 4 injections. This is my first fresh cycle.yours?

Mine is fresh too.. but my pregnyl injection is also 1 shot only.. the lady opened the box and mixed both into just 1 shot.. but i'm sure it's 10k units cuz i read the paper..

Oh.. Then did they still give you any pregnyl after ET? I remember I got 1 injection also is 10k units at night time before ER? I don't think is the same right? As that night injection was done on my thight. But the rest of 1000units are done on my tummy after ET.

Hi, pinkbunny21, kkh will give 10k units of pregnyl before ER, my one even higher 15k units... If u have a few eggs retrieved during ER, after ET, kkh will give like 3days of low dose pregnyl, if u got more eggs, then u will give v insert-utrogestan.

Bearge - yes it is the same shot before ER, it's Pregnyl to trigger the maturation of the eggs. I just got mine last nite cuz ER is tmrw.

Twins2014 - I didn't know they shot us twice with Pregnyl twice.. is it for everyone?

U see.. kkh never tell us anything.. everyone also very blur. Don't expect personalized service loh.. must confirm with other pple on forums somemore..

Hi, sue dazey,may I ask, u on short/long cycling?

Hi Twins2014,
I dont really understand the short/long cycling. Kinda new with all these ivf jargons.
They retrieved my eggs on thurs and transferred the 2 embryos on sat.. so thats considered short cycle?

And I dont do any injections during my 2ww... only insertions.

Bearge - yes it is the same shot before ER, it's Pregnyl to trigger the maturation of the eggs. I just got mine last nite cuz ER is tmrw.

Twins2014 - I didn't know they shot us twice with Pregnyl twice.. is it for everyone?

U see.. kkh never tell us anything.. everyone also very blur. Don't expect personalized service loh.. must confirm with other pple on forums
somemore..

Only one 10k units pregnyl shot prior to ER like your case, that's it. Most likely you will be given vagi insertion support. If I remember correctly, Bearge had only 2 eggs retrieved, that's why she was prescribed with 4 days of pregnyl 1000iu given on the tummy for support, she no need insert.

Hi Twins2014,
I dont really understand the short/long cycling. Kinda new with all these ivf jargons.
They retrieved my eggs on thurs and transferred the 2 embryos on sat.. so thats considered short cycle?

And I dont do any injections during my 2ww... only insertions.

Short cycle/ antagonist cycle will straight away start with stimulation jab(puregon) if AF day2 scan lining ok. Long cycle/down regulation will supress first with lucurin jab, then will scan, if scan & blood test ok then will start stim jab; the treament take longer.

Back