IVF/ICSI Support Group

Lil n sunniehope: my AF late for 1wk. Started popping my pills to induce.

Sunniehope: U r short or long cycle? I just started popping so next wk will start mine. Probably will cross over to 1 wk of sept. heehee.

Hi Ladies,
I would like to share my IVF experience here. My first IVF was done in year 2010.. not successful. After that I did another ET in year 2011, failed again. But both of us not dissappointed as going thru the IVF is just a "trying our best" for having a baby. We have such thinking is due to I married late. And this year I am already 40yrs old. Due to I still have 4 embryos with KKH, I told my hubby that since the embryos was a gift from God, we cant discard it and why not we just use it for the last time. So we decided to go for last round for the ET. When I call KKH for to make appoint with DR SF LOH(My last 2 IVF DR)and I get to know that he is no longer with KKH. And they transfer me to DR Sadhana. The first question I ask: Do i need to Q for a long long time? Bcos I really scare of the waiting time. But lucky , I had my first appt with Dr Sadhana in somewhere Jun and she encourage me quickly to do my ET. So I just follow her the usual IVF schedule and had my ET on 25th July. She suggested me to have a longer thaw method which, they will thaw my last 4 embryos (I totally harvest 11 embryos in year Sept 2010)and let it grow for 5Days then will transfer. Previouly done by DR SF Loh was Day 2 transfer. 1st time transfered 2 embryos and 2nd time transfered 3 embryos. Both not successful. When KKIVF original schedule me the D5 ET on 26 Jul, but they call me up to say that the embryos grow very slow and would like me to transfer one day earlier which is on 25th July.Out of 4 embryos, only left 2 embryos is good for transfer on that day. As per normal, I did the ET on 25th July and I carry on my normal life as I really dont take this seriously and high hope. In that kind of mind set, I have tried my best! Blood test scheduled on 8th Aug. And to our suprised, I got the result of PREGNANT! HCG reading at 434.. KKH schdeled me to see Dr Sadhana on this coming 28th Aug for scanning... of course both me & hubby very happy about this.

Congrats Cocolee, another inspired story. The key word is "never give up"
happy.gif

Congrats cocolee
happy.gif

Babysmurf : am on short cycle . But when I call kkh they say if sept then haf to postpone coz they Are very full. Maybe u can call and double confirm. If they say ok , just keep quiet and go ahead. Sighs AF late also not within our control
sad.gif
My hubby going onn reservice 1st 2 wks Of sept so byebye i haf to wait till Oct. looks like u can update me on Ur GH jabs now Hee.

Sunniehope: icic. My DH also going for reserve in sept. I already discuss with my Dr Tan HH. In June. I kaisu abit. Cos I in delimma at time whether to start in aug or sept. cos aug my company got iso audit cannot take leave. That y I actually have 2 slot. 1 in aug n the other in sept. As my mens is irregular. So not worry. I also on short cycle.

I decided to ahead in aug. I finally gotten my npl from my company to start the cycle but who know the bloody witch don't come. Till Dr tan give my pills to standby. 人算不如天算.

Sunniehope: you may want to call kkh again end aug. cos I know a few ladies want to postpone the sept cycles. Also ask kkh for a letter for your DH to show to his officer to release for that 2 days on your ET and ER. Jia you jia you.

Babysmurf, u r smart, booked 2 slots. Ya I fully agree with u,人算不如天算. Me did my leave plan too to start my cycle also, then AF got stuck!! So I cancelled my leave and went back to work. haha. maybe God's will for me to tiao one more mth b4 I start. You also Jia you!!! must rest and relax now since on leave already
I din know can get letter from KKH, thank u for sharing this. I will discuss with DH later.

Laki : How are you doing? Started your jabs?

Kittybaby n cocolee.. congrats have a smooth safe 9mths..

Sunstillshines, what babysmurf n i1bb said are correct.. i bed rest right after op.. i only walked to toilet once on that day. My buttock v sore..like can touches the bottom of the hospital bed .. even at home i dare not move around much. I only go toilet or kitchen to get my food n i dun dare to sleep side way n i developed bad aches.. i only started to sleep side way in the 2nd week after op.. v kiasi leh.. for me i always imagine alot of things n hb "shou bu liao wo" hee... so try minmise your movements n your wound will b nice nice
happy.gif

Sunniehope, I'm Now on puregon injection n will go bk for my scan on fri.

Babysmurf, thks for telling sunniehope bout d letter hehe coz dh gg reservist on thu so I guess I will have to get d letter fm my dr too. Thks for d tip

Usagi, thks i will gve it a try 2ml.

Dian tang I waited for 10s bt still pain n got blood. It only happen on my rite side, wonder why. Bt is really v painful when injected d med in. Kep tellin dh I v painful coz he is d 1 to help me w d jab

My last cycle, DH also kena recall back for reservist. Then I ask him to defer with Dr's letter. Just let the IVF nurse know if u have started the program. If not get from your dr in advance.

Laki gal : is the injection angle correct ? You got pinch the tummy and insert the needle , after insert the needle and release the tummy and hold the pen and push the jab with other hand . I realize if I run do correctly I get bleed and bruise.
But you are doing good ya and at least ur DH is beside u to help u. You can cover thebruises with warm towel . Gambatte!!
happy.gif

bb, my buttock not sore at all. I took public transport home after the lap.

I have tried to sleep with my face facing the ceiling but I cannot go to my dream land. So, I slept side way yesterday... I find that it is quite impossible not to have any action on the wound area because when we sit down on the chair, still need to bent a bit to put the chair in. When wearing shoes, my body also need to bent down.

I also have to go to supermarket to buy food to cook for myself. I am home alone. This evening I also walked to the hawker centre to pack dinner home for dh and myself.

How did you settle your meals by staying on the bed?

I really hope my wounds are not affected...

Lakigal, as what Dian Tang said, you got to pinch the flesh area where you target the needle to be pocked. After insert the needle, release your pinching and inject the medicine. Don't inject on the same point of your last jab.

I was told to inject on alternate side of the tummy on alternate days.

Sunstillshine, KittyBaby, Tutu, Lil Ponyo: Thank you
happy.gif

Kitty Baby: How are you? Starting soon? Jia You! Your turn will come soon.

Sunstillshines: Good to hear that all went well with your Lap. Dr Loh is really good and you are in good hand.

Tutu: Okie. See you there once I do my blood test on Friday. Didn't do BT today, nurse said they are packed today and tomorrow cos 1 nurse is on leave. So I will leave it to Friday cos my hubby can go with me too.

Babysmurf, laki_gal,

My hubby already no need to go back reservist 1 yr ago.. So can guess his age.. And we still don't have bb..
sad.gif

min81,
Don't be dismay. You are not alone. My dh also stop going reservist for a few years already. He is still thinking he can call mindef if they need his service.

Hi Cocolee, thank you for your inspiring story. It really teaches us not to give up! Congratulations and have a smooth pregnancy ahead!

Babysmurf and Sunniehope, I'm on long protocol and it is looong. I have 4 more weeks of injections to go so by the time of my ER, it will be around mid Sept. So since you are both on short protocol and if you are able to do in Sept, we are still buddies!

Laki, nurse told us that bleeding is normal and that happens because sometimes we pierce a blood vessel unknowingly. So maybe the right side of the tummy where you usually inject has lots of blood vessels. Maybe you can try moving 1 inch away from your usual injection spot and see how it goes. And yes, like what Dian_tand and the other sisters said, 90 degrees and pinch.

Sunstillshines, lil_ponyo,

Thanks for the encouragement
happy.gif

Sunstillshines,

I think my hubby is very happy no need to go for reservist anymore.. Haha.. Very disruptive to work..

Lil_ponyo,

My af should be around 31 aug - 3 sep.. Kinda hoping it won't come though, hope for good news.. Haha.. Maybe should buy a hpt for good luck..

Sunstillshines, u r superwoman! U mean u do day surgery and took public transport home after that? Today is just yr second day after surgery right? Stay at home lah.

I stayed at home for a week after mine.

Hi,

I have a question: for Dr Loh's patients, how many days of medical leave do he give for IVF? When will the leave starts and is it hospitalization or regular medical leave? Can someone advise?

dian_tang n sunstillshines, dh poke d needle at 90deg in while i pinch my fat. Then i will release my finger n dh will push d med in. Then he will count till 10 n pull out d needle. I followed according to both of u describe but d funny thing is i only will bleed if i inject at rite side, but no bleeding occur if i inject at left side so guess i need to tk inject at left side to prevent bleeding. But then dis jab is painful as compared to d first jab. I juz check dis morning lucky no bruise. Haha think my dh is expect in injection now. After this puregon injection, will ther be anymore injection?

sunstillshines, y not u order tingkat? At least u wont hve to move around if not juz ask ur dh to tabao dinner back for u.

min81, hugs. Rem tat ur turn will come soon k. U r already on ur way to rch ur goal. Same as u, im still trying for my #1 n i wont gve up till i rch my goal. Let jy tog
happy.gif

Hi Chris, after ER will be given 2 weeks HL. If you don t mind it on TFC's letterhead you can get it straight away. As for me I do not want my HR to know is for ivf so I have to go to Dr Loh's O & G Clinic at TMC to get the HL. A bit troublesome but no choice as my company don t accept HL for ivf as they categorized it the same as cosmetic surgery.

Hi kittykatty,
Thanks! I am not sure how my company view it but since my manager know, it should be ok. At what stage in the IVF procedure is consider critical? It's silly to ask now I know since I will be starting the stimulation jabs tomorrow but thought its still good to know? I am thinking of taking leave but unsure.

Laki gal: the needle may have hit the blood vessel . You can try to shift away from the bruise area . For me my bleeding happen on right and left . Little bleeding like a dot is normal . Rem tha I told u all that my bleeding with cetrotide needle was ard 5 cents . So u have doing great ! Maybe u can check with the nurse . Recommend to jab on alternate side . Dun give up . We cheers for you !
happy.gif

Hi Chris, are you are on long or short protocol? Once you start the stimulation stage, you will need to take it easy until the ER and ET. After that, you will to take it even MORE easy during the 2 weeks rest period
happy.gif
All the best in your jabs tomorrow!

Min81, yes, hope your AF will go on a long long holiday. I'm thinking of buying a HPT today too. I'm on suppression jabs now but my doctor won't start stimulation jabs until my period comes. So this could be my last chance
happy.gif
Jia you! No matter what, we are here for each other!

Kittykathy: u mention ur company do not accept the hosp leave for IVF . Luckily I didnt tell my hr on what I am doing . But I thought since it is a hosp leave given by medical institution , why they can reject ?

Chris, Ya. Stimulation onwards you will feel a bit discomfort cos tummy is getting bigger & bloated cos many follicles are growing. This stage onwards no strenuous activities especially tummy area. And, after ET during 2ww is most critical period. Have to rest well, no stress and take easy. Good luck!

Dian Tang: Depends on company. Many company is okie with hospital leave for ivf. Mine s is too rigid. So I just indicate is for some women issue on HL application and pray hard they don t question me. And a check on Mom website indicate that any MC or HL from private hospital is subject to company's discretion. So I also lazy to argue with them.

Lil Ponyo, is this your 2nd fresh cycle?

Superwhitetiger, I climbed the bridge outside TMC and took a bus to Novena and then from there took train home as I don't feel much pain at all. I hope I can share good news soon!

Do you feel pain after that?

Dian Tang, I don't feel weak at all after the lap leh... strange or not? I refrain from bending or squating down.

Laki_gal, did your dh poke the full needle inside before you release from pinching the flesh? Cannot just inject on one side because the doc will harvest the folicles from both side of the ovaries.

Kittykathy: ya lor the most imp that we must keep ourself happy .
happy.gif

Sunstillshines: you are strong , take good care !
happy.gif

Lil Ponyo: ask u huh , what is HPT? Btw how was your acupuncture? I have stopped going after ET .

sunstillshines: so did u stay for a night aft the lap? ur review is on 27 aug what time? mine is at 330pm. dr loh cleared yr blocked tubes? dr loh seems to be proud of removing those unwanted stuff inside us.. whats yr plan after lap??

bb, sunstillshines: aft my lap, i bed rest for a day at the hospital. before i discharged i had giddy and nauseous, the nurse told me to cancel the discharge, but i dont think its nec, anyway in hospital also just bed rest. so i asked if dr loh can give me some medi to stop the giddy and nauseous. i did not take the painkiller, but i feel pain from the lower jaws, neck, shoulders, chest and stomach areas... occasionally pain at the wound, but more pain is the chest and stomach areas.. i cannot sleep side way. i move side way, my stomach pain liao.. so i also slept untill i back aches. both of u dont feel pain at all? i scare taking the painkiller will makes me giddy leh.. after i am back i moved ard the house for blood circulation. cos when i sit or sleep too long, the pain comes again!

congrats to all BFP!!

Dian_tang, ha ha HPT is home pregnancy test! I still tried naturally last week because doctor said that it is fine. But he won't start the stimulation jabs until my AF comes next week. Now just doing suppression jabs. My acupuncture is still going on fine. Everytime she sees me she will ask if I still have hot flush at night and if I have pain here and there when she pressed on my chest and legs. But the thing is that I don't feel any different from the acupuncture or her meds so I don't really know what to say to her. Since my ER is still so long away, I'm thinking of signing up for another package.

How are you feeling? Any different? I can imagine that this 2WW for you must be hard and so slow! Hang on there!

i also feel v pain when i start to lie down. i need dh support to get up so that the pain is minimised.. when i cough the stomach area is so pain too.. is this normal? the bandage at the right side almost 3/4 covered with old blood liao..
sad.gif

back from KK...stupid AF still dun want to come....have to continue the Lucrin for 1 more week before gg back there again on 29 Aug....aaargh...have to extend my leave
sad.gif

feeling so useless
sad.gif

sunstillshine, yup dh inject the needle fully into my fats before i release my fingers. Oh ok then i hve to kep inject both sides then, thks for informing me.

Oh ya forget to ask u ladies something, im now on puregon injection n can i actually bd? hehe
N oso when dh gg to submit his troops, how long does he need to substain? Is it d same as IUI? Need to kep for a period of 3 days?

Girl girl: take it easy just follow the flow. Don't add stress to yourself.

Lakigal: bd not advisable during stimulation stage Liao. If I didn't remember wrong is he need to release the old one 2-3 days b4 ur ER. Check with the nurse. In the mean while get ur DH to eat heathy n more vit c.

Back