IVF/ICSI Support Group

Nurul, OHSS happens when too many follicles have developed in response to the medication. It is a result of the hormones produced by the ovaries in response to the medication. OHSS usually mild and causes no more than a slight lower abdominal discomfort in most cases.

Nurul, for most people, OHSS can be manageable and does not require cancellation of cycle or hospitalization. In my case, a blood test shows that my blood was getting too "sticky", which indicates moderate OHSS. I could barely eat or move around as my tummy looked like 6 months preg. Dr then advised against ET because OHSS can only get worse after that.

Don't worry too much for now. Different people have different level of response to the injections.

saggiegirl:u may wan to try sgh/dr.yu/director of Care-sgh.1st consultation may be a Q but wait was not too long.subsequent visits for scans/blood test was very fast w/in half an hour!nurses are also very friendly and emphathetic.

i find dr.yu also very approachable,answers all queries patiently and in detail.she will also review all scans personally to advise next course of actions.basically she will be w u all the way on ur ivf journey.i find that very comforting.

meds may be expsv esp if u are perscribe w higher dosage of Gonal F and growth hormone(to increase egg quality).up to $3,000-$5,000,no medisave claim..to use cash/nets or credit cards payments.these meds during stimulation stage if required.

good luck!jia you!

Pinkcapri, for kkh v can use medisave immediately after v start of stimulation stage. No cash payment required for purchase of gonal f / puregon or others med.

Thanks Tricia, what's meant to be yours is yours! Thanks for spreading baby dust and have a blissful pregnancy!
happy.gif

Dear Tricia,
It is indeed a pleasant pleasant surprise!!!! Congrats!!! You can join the BFP IVF sisters here if u wish: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5453919/5843068.html?1325655211

So how many weeks are you at now and when is your EDD? How big is your bb now?
happy.gif

Dear Nurul,
My good friend under Dr loh had severe OHSS and was hospitalised a few days after ET. Yet, she BFP and is delivering this week. So although you have OHSS, depending on your condition and doctor's advice, you might still be able to go ahead with ET and eventually BFP
happy.gif

sarah:tx,mayb depends if u r s'porean or not coz me n hubby both pr so no co-fund only medisave.tis our 2nd fresh and 4th try.previously fm kkh/dr.loh and Care-paregon/dr.paul tseng,he now moved to Novena Medical.

oso SGH has different protocols fm kkivf,a group of doctors will discuss on ur previous history/case notes and decide on ur most suitable treatment rather than kkivf ur consulting doc will make the decision.in kkivf after ur scan,another doc will review ur scan instd of ur actual doc.

Thank you Ching. My AF full flow after the healing even have blood clots. Will Jia you again this month.
Laoshi also cannot do much all these depend upside. At least now my mens more predictable. Tmr shall go repenish my vitamins.

I have be taking my tcm medication, royal jelly, folic acid and conceive well. Thinking of stopping my tcm. What other vitamins can we take to improve? Will be taking clomid this month

Mmmm Tricia, come to think of it, it means ER was proceeded n u got yr eggs retrieved but yet the one that's fertilized naturally was left intact in u? Wow this is really god send!! :p

Babysmurf, hugs.... Jiayou again! the vitamin u currently taking is also wat I taking except royal jelly. But I did take Immunocal daily plus salmon omega. Mayb dun rely too much on vit n concentrate on healthy diet? I'm trying my best to have 5 portion of vege nowadays (but sometime can only take 4 portion) instead of everytime rely on vitamins.

Babysmurf,
Sorry to hear that. Hugs...

Agree with Sarah, we shud try to concentrate to eat healthier rather than concentrate on vitamins
happy.gif
I m currently taking conceive well & folic acid only. But I do drink Ensure milk, LRD drinks, organic eggs regularly. Trying to eat more fish & Vege too.

oh btw...if any sisters keen on accupuncture besides dr.zhou(uses current to stimulate),there's dr.jin of Raffles Hospital at level 13.there's a ivf booster package to complement ur ivf journey.package of 5sessions costs abt $400+,single sessions avail too.only needle points on various areas fm head to toe(no current involved) instd of just concentrating on the womb area like dr.zhou's.currently dr.jin on leave will only b back after next week.

fyi,2 of my ivf sisters bfp after her sessions.dr.jin encourages 1 session before ET depending on ur body type to stimulate blood flow.

Hi all. Just to update since I last posted questions (been a quiet reader all these while). January is here so once I get my Jan menses, I'll be calling my doc and wait for day 21 to start injections. This week is my ovulation week before my Jan menses. Am trying naturally but both my hubby and I have been falling sick. We still BD but not sure whether it'll work. If it doesn't by this cycle, it'll be IVF and I'm truly getting very nervous...

Star babies, here is the no: 6526 1003
There r some teething problems in the first few days of opening n dr Loh's full staff strength is not in yet, so abit short handled. So, if u call n no one picks up, try again at a different timing. Understand Today (thurs) is also packed with appointments n there is night clinic till 8pm today. Alternatively u can walk in. Take lift B to 5th floor in TMC, unit no #05-06.

Wats BD Mama Leen?

THANX Sarah, TriciaT for e short but yet useful info.

TriciaT u under Dr Matthew Lau?

Sashamama wow reali?! Shes so fortunate
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
hopefully mine wil b a smooth cozy ride. Hehehehe

Thank you all for your well wishes!

Sasha, i'm 6 wks now... EDD around aug/sep.

i1BB, i didn't know that too. We were even more surprised by the fact that sperms can survive for so many days in a woman's body. And yes, i keep telling myself that it's a miracle baby and must treasure my blessings even more.

Nurul, yes, my doctor is Dr Matthew Lau.

Babysmurf, hugs.. Jia You!

Hi pinkcapri, do you know whether dr jin's acupuncture sessions are after ET? Do you have his clinic's number? I heard that in Hong Kong, the acupuncture therapy that compliments IVF is after ET and administered on the head and feet only. My IVF friend did acupuncture in HK and BFP on 1st attempt, BB also born already.

Hi, anyone knows whether now that Dr Loh has privatized, do we get to see him directly for consultation during the ivf process or it's another doctor that will monitor us like in KKH?

Babysmurf - so sorry to hear that. Jia you
happy.gif
Btw, do you mind if I ask whether your AF came while you were on the progesterone support medication that KK gives? Cos I'm on it now and understand that can delay AF.

Saggiegirl, what happened? how come yr hubby dnt wanna talk to u? Hugs

Sisters, what are the supplements we should be taking ah? I know conceive well, royal jelly, coq10, ensure, immunocal, vit C, wheat grass, vitex....anything else?

Hope ah, I stopped conceive well, will only take folic acid. I stopped Royal Jelly cos I also dnt know can take or not since I have small benign fibrods. I didnt take coq10 cos I dnt knw hear from who that coq10 is more meant for the heart. Im taking ensure milk occasionally, immunocal I usually only start taking when I start jabs.

I just ordered Fertility Blend for Women and Men & Wheatgrass tablets from iherbs.com..... I wonder the currency is it in USD.... lolx

Hi all, did not post for quite a while cos busy with work and am more of a silent reader.

i1BB and LuvnHope who encouraged me previously when I was on FET and had spotting, sad to hear abt the BFN but glad to know tt both of you are very strong and still positive in this ttc journey.

Congrats Tricia, ur story is really very amazing! Hope miracles will also happen to us soon for us gals who are still ttcing.

Babysmurf, sad to hear abt ur menses that came. Quite shaken cos tt means what Laoshi predicted is still subject to the one above. She mentioned something good tt might happen to me in Jan but I am still praying hard tt it will happen cos Laoshi said the message she got was my womb is cold. She asked me not to drink cold drinks and I actually totally cut down and even drink red date drink everyday but bbt is low these few days after ovulation. Only 36.5 - 36.6. Like tt how to hv BFP. So praying hard tt miracle will happen.

Yo Chocolate Soh! Use heat packs on your abdomen area before Ovulation....and after Ovulation, use heat packs above your womb area meaning avoid the womb area put on higher part of your stomach. Can soak your feet in warm water every night also. Helps blood circulation

Ladies, is it ok to travel by car or bus from SG to KL if you tested positive? Wondering as I'm planning a short trip next weekend which will be after my beta

Yo Sue, I tink u shd consult doctor on that. Sashamama also travelled to Malaysia when she just found out she BFP... but i tink must b very careful ya. So u tested hpt? I can catch bb dust? hehehe

I1BB, thanks. I havent tested but was checking first! Will let you know once I do my beta!

I decided not to do a home test before that. Can't take the uncertainty

Ya la Sue. Actually Its good not to do a HPT. If u can resist. Good! Hope I can grab BB dust from u....
happy.gif

Angel: hi,i went to see dr.jin during my lucrin stage(my 1st consultation w her) and based on my body type she help design a 'schedule' for me to come for my appmnts.i will oso update her after each time my scans were done at sgh.

i just did my ER today and i'm suppose to call her for 1more session,a day prior to my ET.she oso encourages me to add another session after ET before implantation takes place.This oso depends on wat day embryo tat'll b transferred back to u.

Dr.Jin/Raffles Chinese Med/Raffles Hospital/level 13/tel:63112388

Dear babysmurf,
*hugs* Don't worry too much and just try again!!! Do you have bad cramps? Must take care!!!

Dear Nurul & mama leen,
BD is baby dance. Cute term ya? Lol.

Tricia,
What is your bb's crl? And heartbeat rate? Any morning sickness yet? Take good care wor!!!

Dear Sue,
Yes I went to Malaysia when I was 6 weeks. Before I went, the scan at the doctor's showed nothing and I was very worried. But trip was booked (as in hotel) so I just went ahead. I rest most of the time actually. Not much walking, sleep long hours, heh. Went Penang and Genting.

Luckily I didn't vomit or anything although everytime I go to the toilet, i will feel nauseous and make those vomit noises. Everybody stares at me. Lol. So end up I took the glade car air freshener (small packet like what u hang in wardrobe) to sniff everytime I go toilet, it was better.

And even more luckily when I came back and do a second scan, bb and heartbeat are seen. During the trip, no pains, no spotting. But honestly, am very worried. If given a choice that hotels are not booked yet, I'd rather not go.

What is your trip like? A lot of walking?

Hi Sashamama - Not much walking. Just going back to visit family actually and do a bit of CNY shopping. The thing is I haven't tested yet so everything still up in the air. I guess I'll know on Monday!

Hi Ladies,

I just booked myself for the first Consultation with Dr Loh after hearing a lot of good comments with him. As he has privatized, how much do you think it will cost for the consultation and ivf?

Cheers,
Claire

Nurul,
Dr Lau is a very patient and caring doctor. He is also attentive to the needs of the patient. Before going for Ivf at kkh, I was with a few pte gynaes and with each gynae I realized that I always have to repeat the same old story about my condition, as though they are seeing me for the first time. But with dr Lau, I feel that I'm more taken care of.

Hi Sasha, I didn't ask about all those... I don't even know what are the things I need to ask. Only asked dr if everything was stable and normal and whether heartbeat is strong. I guess I was too excited to find out that I'm pregnant in the first place. I have so much more to learn....

Sashamama - I was actually more worried of the bus ride (5 hours) although logically it seems that there shouldn't be any problems since one is sitting on the bus. I read online a little and it seems that land travel is safer than air in early pregnancy

Actually I cnt really make up my mind between dr Matthew lau n dr HH tan. If I wanna do laparoscopy, I guess dr HH tan wld b a better doc to perform the surgery for me hor?

Hi Claire,
First time consultation is 80-100+. Thereafter is 68 per consultation excluding scans and medication. IVF is about 12-16k depending on your medication. There's also be blood tests and scans and sperm test to be done. And counselling too.
happy.gif
Dr loh is reputed to have magic hands. Hope you'd BFP under him!

Dear Sue,
Yes land travel is safer than air travel I think. For me, my husband/brother drove. So anytime (let's say i wanna eat or pee), they'd stop. By bus if there is a rest in between, might be good. All the best for your test on Monday!!!

Dear Sashamama,

Thank you very much for the respond. I am getting a bit nervous now but also wanna get this started as i have been married for 4 years now. Dr Loh used to be KK but now moving to TMC, i heard alot about TMC and don't really trust its lab. What do you think?

Back