IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi dj, hang on there and stay positive, will wait for ur good news on Sat.

Hi star baby, qingwei & babybun, I hv to take 2 tablets of letrozole 2.5mg for 5 days. Start to jab 200IU of Puregon on Sun(1/5). Go back to scan on 6/5. Think am behind u girls.

Dj> hv plenty of rest and dun overstress urslf ok?we will pray tat ur emmbies will stick to u tight tight n produce the readings nicely by Sat.meanwhl dun take any raw food like sashimi ya..*kuai..

Hi ladies, i am finally going through ivf again after a failed cycle abt a yearago with nuh.

This time round, am given a different protocol. After four days of suprefact n gonal f, dr chew added menopur. Has anyone gone through this protocol? I find menopur very stressful to administer plus it stings more. I messed up during my second menopur jab. Any comments on this protocol?

BNB - hello! Good to see you back. was just thinking last night how you were as been quite quiet.

Is there anything you can do to get it back to normal? Would it delayed your next cycle?

Am still bouncing btwn FET/Fresh. Saw my own doc, & going for 2nd opinion w dr cheng tomorrow. I'm inclined to go for FET. dh say do what I feel is right (doesn't help, right?
happy.gif
)

I feel my right side ovaries having pulling sensation..
DJ: at least urs is still higher got better chance. Did the nurse say if it is due to support that's y we see no?

hi Lamby n Dj > previously wen i was w KKH,i did my 2nd scan to see a sac w yolk.however according to KKH records i shld b in my 6week whr elz wen i re-scan w my own gynae it was only week 5 based on his calculation(sac growth n measuremnt).so i'm now wonderin how is the calculation done..any enlightenment?

lamby - sorry u are also in limbo land with dj & need to hold strong for next few days. Don't give up yet eventho' it looks slim at the moment. Who knows maybe it's late implantation & maybe can still double by Saturday? Hang in there... another *hug* to you 2 gals today.

*hugs* lamby, sorry to hear that but please hold strong with Dj and wait until Sat then see DR Loh to find out what happen. Maybe is really late implantation and see if it double by Sat. Jia you!

Pink, I am rally new to this & do not know much.
I am also confuse.Dj is d13 and mine was d14. So which is right/wrong
Ron/Mel, I googled and was told there is not late implantation as embbie will die after certain time.. I am so confuse

Sista's I had very bad feeling when I saw hpt getting lighter.
Is there such a reading in anyone? Can I deem as 11.4 is BFN?

lamby, so sorry to hear that but hang tight and see what the doc says! maybe as lamby says it's late implantation.

ron, thanks so much for sharing. I don't know anyone who went through mt e ivf so it really helps and I feel much more assured now. No, he didn't tell me to drink more water! Anything else that I should take note of? Tsk, must scold him. Will you continue with Dr Yeong or go back to Dr Cheng? Your hubby is so sweet, leave you to make the decision based on your own comfort level.
happy.gif

Actually I am not sure either does that really help but I did up my protein a bit during those two days of waiting. I ate more meats, egg whites and try to relax for the following day after feeling very low morale on the first BT. I went out shopping too to feel better. Thus, don't give up hope yet. Hope Dj and your HCG will more than double on Sat. Both of you are tested even earlier than my first BT.

Melodi and J03
I suspect KK uses unit that is x10 of the unit used at gleanegles..coz my passing mark is 25..and kk's is 250..??Anyone knows wats the half life of pregnyl jabs? How long does it take for it to leave our body?

Melodi
I din go eatbuffet in the end..went somewhere nearby ate jap food..but no raw stuff..ate pork, chawanmushi...and walked a bit..went to toys r us...to make myself feel better...thanks for the encouragment.later i go lie down.

Dj : I am sure our embbies will fight hard. I hope they will fight through together..

Mel : when can I do fet if bfn. I only have 1 embbie left, when am I able to tell if usable. Else will DR suggest fresh cycle?

lamby - my doc deems anything below 5 at day12/13 to be BFN. if anything above 5 around those date, they will ask to re-test every 2/3 days to see if rate double.

dj/lamby - if you feel like it, maybe can check out this website, in particular the Q&A with Dr Sher. There is a girl Nikki (post Sept 16) with d9pd5t (equivalent to d11pd3t) with a low beta of 20, but it continued to double.. & another one by Michelle - post Oct 26 (beta 22 at d11pd5t, equivalent to d13pd3t) that continued to double. I don't know how things will pan out for you, and hoping for the best but don't give up yet until 2nd beta..

http://www.ivfauthority.com/2010/03/beta-hcg-pregnancy-test-results-its-all.html

Hi lamby, don't give up hope yet ok. Sorry this is my first fresh so I am not sure what's the next step too. I also planned to go fresh again if this cycle failed because I have only two embbies to use only for my fresh. Don't find out that now better wait until sat. Good luck!

Hi Star Baby >> Thanks so much, we will all BFP together :D :D This morning busy busy, have overseas guest come, just manage to settle and back to my desk, so much for not moving ard, i was walking all over the office this morning.

Lamby, understand yr frustration but u have to hang on for another test..i don know Y KK have u to test so early whereas the rest of us only do it on 17dpt. at least u have dr loh to advise you on sat. Rest well and u can endure thru..Some of our womb works well in fresh whereas others succeed under FET. I fail fresh twice no chance to implant but FET works well..so no matter wat happens don't give up. wish you and dj double up your hcg by sat..stay positive until the last battle

Hugz lamby and dj
At least reading is above 5 so still consider got chance k.. Positive thots are very impt.. Dun give up yet as now maybe too early for ur bt.. Thats why i dun encourage pp to test soo early too... Lets hope ur reading will double by saturday k..;) u mean kkh didnt asks u to go for bt again on sat but asks u to see doc Loh instead?? Jiayou k.. Pls dun give up on ur embbies now..;)

Hi Lamby and DJ >> Dont give up, just rest more, we are rooting for you guys for a BFP, like what Ron said, passing mark is 5, and both of you are way more than 5. Hugz hugz.

hi ladies.

Im writing to pour my dissapointment of KKivf staff.

My DH went to collect med for me. Previously he already ask them to prepare d prescription. When he arrive he ask the staff , not a nurse that he need to collect d prescription. The staff can ask him to wait for the nurse to give him. He waited and waited for more than half hour. The staff at that time is not busy and can give the prescription in my fail which are ready what! My DH even told her he need to return back to work. At last my DH approach the nurse and he get the prescription within minute!

Their attitude or working need to be change! Sorry to write this kind of things. DH is angry and pour evrything to me.

We pay private rate for KKivf not a subsided rate..

Lamby & DJ,

My bhcg was only 8.5 on dpt11. Got me real worried n i Bed rested for the next fewdays n returned to my clinic every 3-4 days to do bt till my wk6 scan. So stay positive n dont give up hope.

Lamby and dj- Big Hugz, technically it's a positive, pray it will dble these few days... Lamby, shld you request to do another BT on sat?

I just wana say no matter what happens to me, you gals are a great bunch of pple...you will have good karma and blessings with all those kind words and blessings for me and Lamby....thanks.

Dj,
My 2nd bt on dpt15 was 190+, dpt18 was 800+ ...and bhcg levels steadily rose on my subsequent tests. Before my 2nd bt, i used clearblue hpt to test everyday n the test line darkened progressively. Also used the online hpts which claimed to be v sensitive but those cheapo hpts were unrealiable and made my heart sank! Now, i strongly recommend cb hpts to avoid any false results.

Meanwhile stay positive n keep talking to ur embbies.

Hi Shainie >> Yes sometimes the services can be lousy, just be positive, dont let this affect your journey, very important stay and keep happy all the time. Let this be a successful journey so you dont have to "tahan" them so long.

Ron-Prof said that surgery, but need to be done after given birth.
Which I was thinking, don know when taht would be la.
What U really feel at this moment? FET or really ready to start another of fresh?
I find that fresh can be quite draining both physically or emtionally. This would consider yr 3rd fresh?
If U have the energy to chong for fresh, then we would chong together in June, hehe.............

Sista's I have no idea. It could because they don't do BT as they mention they are pack & busy as I try to change to Sat. It possibly because Mon is PH.

I requested to see Dr.Loh this morning with the hotline as I don't seem to be able to sleep more than 5 hours since the 2ww. Hence when they see my results they mention to see what dr.Loh has to say. Else they will order BT again...

Sista's, thank for being there. It maybe I did not take care and prepare myself well enuf this cycle as I am so new to it. If this fails, I will do all I can.

Dj: I hope all the best for u...

Btw Sista's, is acupuncture painful?

bb_nn,
Yes, please keep us updated on your ET! Very excited for you.
happy.gif
Don't work too hard okay, even if you are pushing yourself around in the office chair lol.

lamby and dj, don't give up, there is still a chance! Your embbies are little fighters. Jiayou!

Lamby, I am doing acupuncture with Ms Jin at Raffles. Sometimes it can sting when the needle goes through or if electric current is used but it doesn't hurt too bad. You feel quite relaxed during the treatment.

BB yup.. i ignore them better.. Not all the staff are lousy some are efficient but 2day DH really angry coz he rushing to work and he still help me to get my med end up waiting for so long when he already call yesterday and their already told him d prescription is ready to be collected.

Looking for my FET.. the positive vibes from all the lady who BFP in April really motivate me... Jiayou to all of us who are still in d journey..

hi Lamby>sorry to hear ur reading was not up to ur expectation.but like e sistas said earlier..itz too early to judge now..give ur embbies time to shoot up the reading ok?meanwhl relax n dun stress urslf..tell ur embbie to fight n stick to mommy tight tight n grow stronger each day.sat seems like eternity but ther's alwaz HOPE..dun give up..u n Dj has gone tis far liao..we are alwaz here to cheer u guys on.

the thing abt tis ivf journey...if they come back w results tat r not 'ideal' dun take 100% of their words..go for another test,opinion or even ask for more tie.."another week"...for another reading.u'll b surprised wat time can do for u..*hugz *hugz

as for me..i went BT today @Care D4 for me.Accordin to Angie my progesterone level is not as hgh as she wans it to be..mayb i started late on Crinone..dunno..but anoth BT scheduled on sat.if it doesnt increase then i'll be given more support inthe form of jabs...sigh..

hi shainie/mabel> welcome to the forum
happy.gif

shainie>the wait @kkh can b crazy esp wen sf is well known n popular there,everyone Q faithfully to see him at his clinic n wans him to do their ER/ET..if u dun mind the long wait then itz worth it.alternatively he has a Suite near the foodcourt.consultatation cost abit more but the wait is alot shorter.u may wan 2go enquire there.

i'v been w KKH the whole of last year for my fresh cycle n 1st FET but left to go pte coz of bad experiences there.the staff ther r really friendly but they r just overloaded.i like Rani/cashier..she had been very accommodating n helpful wen i did my ivf at KKH.

bb_nn> did u get the brazil nuts yest?i went to parkway yest n got mine.now got promo.100gm normally priced at $7.80 i oso found out tat cold storage at Tamp 1 basement did sell pre pack brazil nuts 100gms,priced at $3.90 now am taking 3 to 4 per day.

DJ, lamby. Sistas here have cases that have low BT, it's assuring to hear from them so pls be strong & have faith in your embbies..

Shainie, I agree 100% your feedback on KKIVF. U have to always initiate your needs if not have to wait very long. at the same time also pity them the amt of patients they have = less attention. Since yrs is FET u need only go for scan and ET then BT, not much chance to interact with them. Make it your last visit and hope to hear yr BFP next mth!

hi chrissy> welcome to the forum too
happy.gif

btw sistas> the chix essence double boil in a claypot w a bowl inside..do we cover tat claypot too?n boil for how long?on low heat? thnx ya..may hv missed out on those details..my chix essence is brewin now..yummy
happy.gif
1st time tryin out the recipe..hee.i'm sure it'll b very potent but very delicious..thnx for sharin
happy.gif

bb_nn> oh..forgot to tell u the name of the shop .."Pat's Oven"..#B1-83N..next to Candy Sweet shop,oppo Cold Storage. Pat's oso avail at Vivo City #02-133 and City Square #B1-K3

hope u find above useful
happy.gif

Back