IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

May i know when start of ivf injection on which day of our menses we need to go down do scanning before the start of injection?

do your womb feel anythings after the injection?

Pinch your tummy fats to inject and breathe in when you inject the needle, and when you remove the needle, breathe out at the same time. It helped me quite a bit.

Or maybe can ask your husband to help you inject? My husband helped me inject my medicine and I didn't feel any pain at all.

May i know when start of ivf injection on which day of our menses we need to go down do scanning before the start of injection?

for kk you're supposed to call the clinic on 1st day of menses and nurse will call you back with the date. usually it's on 2nd or 3rd day menses

Pinch your tummy fats to inject and breathe in when you inject the needle, and when you remove the needle, breathe out at the same time. It helped me quite a bit.

Or maybe can ask your husband to help you inject? My husband helped me inject my medicine and I didn't feel any pain at all.
hi any bruises?

Thanks Serendipitygal for the encouragement. Will bother the nurses when I go for my Triptorelin CR Inj on 14Feb then.

Hi Fel C, I am horrible with needles too; so had my hubb administer the jabs for me. I had to do twice myself when he was held up @ work. Trust me, just pinch your fats. The needle pain is nothing compared to drawing blood. However, I have almost constant tiredness right after the jab. Felt like my ovary is "expanding a little" that kind? But I am not sure if its because I have many follicles to start with. But I was totally fine for work the next morning; just pure tiredness all the way. For bruises, I saw some but very light kind? Faded now already and can't find it now. Just remember don't inject on the exact same spot everyday. You'll need to alternate side. Then within the same side, try to alternate about 1 finger spacing away too.
All the best!

Anyway, I am considering doing acupuncture but does not really want to pin too much hope/$$ since this is my first FET (did not do fresh transfer due to OHSS). Anybody here swear by acupuncture?

:)

Yes, will be on double stim protocol this round. Do we have to wait one cycle before FET after the 2nd round of stim?
I guess after the ER on the 2nd stim, we will proceed as normal ie ET after 5days. But i guess it depend on how successful the stim is for the 2 rounds.
Mine is low ovarian reserves and my age that's why i got to resort to this. Why your gynea decide on double stim?

Menopur hurts a lot but gonal is ok. The trick is like what they suggest, keep breathing and tell yourself it's going to be over soon. Jia you...

Thanks Serendipitygal for the encouragement. Will bother the nurses when I go for my Triptorelin CR Inj on 14Feb then.

Hi Fel C, I am horrible with needles too; so had my hubb administer the jabs for me. I had to do twice myself when he was held up @ work. Trust me, just pinch your fats. The needle pain is nothing compared to drawing blood. However, I have almost constant tiredness right after the jab. Felt like my ovary is "expanding a little" that kind? But I am not sure if its because I have many follicles to start with. But I was totally fine for work the next morning; just pure tiredness all the way. For bruises, I saw some but very light kind? Faded now already and can't find it now. Just remember don't inject on the exact same spot everyday. You'll need to alternate side. Then within the same side, try to alternate about 1 finger spacing away too.
All the best!

Anyway, I am considering doing acupuncture but does not really want to pin too much hope/$$ since this is my first FET (did not do fresh transfer due to OHSS). Anybody here swear by acupuncture?

hi dear, really thanks for ur help. i will use your tips. I went to acupuncture at zou yumin clinic. Been to few times eating her medicine and acupuncture. Not sure is the medicine effect or acupuncture, i dont feel tired easily and feel quite energetic. maybe she replenish my qi. My hb feel the same too. On the bad side, it become a heavy expenses. i think got to prepare to pay around minimum $400 -$500 per month . Very hard to save now.

it is a short duration for Menopur needle?
For 2nd cycle, I was on Menopur from day 1. Tomorrow i am gg for a scan to determine my dosage again. My dosages are all on the high side. One more week to go b4 my ER. Hope everything goes well and there are good embryos.

I guess after the ER on the 2nd stim, we will proceed as normal ie ET after 5days. But i guess it depend on how successful the stim is for the 2 rounds.
Mine is low ovarian reserves and my age that's why i got to resort to this. Why your gynea decide on double stim?

Likewise Chasey. I am 38 and low reserve so given option of double stim. Trying to sort my calendar so was unsure when I will get to ET after both ERs. Thanks for the info.
Jiayou!

Hi all, starting my 2nd fresh cycle in Feb. Waiting for AF to come now. :rolleyes:

My first fresh failed in Dec. Had nothing left to freeze hence am starting another fresh cycle.

My Jan AF was erratic, seem to have it twice but dr said to discount my 2nd "AF" as the flow was only 2 days. So hopefully, my next AF will arrive this week.

Hi all, starting my 2nd fresh cycle in Feb. Waiting for AF to come now. :rolleyes:

My first fresh failed in Dec. Had nothing left to freeze hence am starting another fresh cycle.

My Jan AF was erratic, seem to have it twice but dr said to discount my 2nd "AF" as the flow was only 2 days. So hopefully, my next AF will arrive this week.

Which doc/hosp are you with?

Hi all,
Im new here n really need some positive energy n support from buddies here.
PcOS problem, ivf at NUH.

Did my first IVF in Aug 2016 retrieved 15eggs 6 survived, n due to risk of OHSS was asked to froze it n wait.. so did the 1st frozen in Oct failed.. then tried the 2nd frozen in Dec.. tot i was given the best xmas n new yr pressie.. had a positive test.. did 1st scan right after NY PH.. bb was gd in rite position.. then 2 weeks later n did a second scan at 7weeks plus..bb cant be found with a heartbeat was due for today a ultrasound scan at fetal care but cudnt cope emotionally too long so went for a second opinion at TMC and had a confirmation with no heartbeat and prob due to chromosome issues.
So i've just seen my Dr and schedule a D&C this week, rest 6-10days before trying for my next frozen cycle again. Hopefully to ET in Mid March then.
Quite disheartened n afraid of the results for next cycle.. but i know i have to move on n try again.

hi dear, really thanks for ur help. i will use your tips. I went to acupuncture at zou yumin clinic. Been to few times eating her medicine and acupuncture. Not sure is the medicine effect or acupuncture, i dont feel tired easily and feel quite energetic. maybe she replenish my qi. My hb feel the same too. On the bad side, it become a heavy expenses. i think got to prepare to pay around minimum $400 -$500 per month . Very hard to save now.

Wow! NUH TMC quoted me $480 for 6 acupuncture (but i reckon I doesn't require all 6 since I have completed OR and just waiting for ET). Will see how it goes. DH doesn't want me to stress myself up with acupuncture looking at the meds I've taken and are taking now...

And..
I read on another forum that there is this Zita West Positive Visualization Music which helps in IVF. I downloaded them via itunes and its good so far. Do try it out, ladies :)

Hi all,

Did my first IVF in Aug 2016 retrieved 15eggs 6 survived, n due to risk of OHSS was asked to froze it n wait.. so did the 1st frozen in Oct failed.. then tried the 2nd frozen in Dec.. tot i was given the best xmas n new yr pressie.. had a positive test.. did 1st scan right after NY PH.. bb was gd in rite position.. then 2 weeks later n did a second scan at 7weeks plus..bb cant be found with a heartbeat was due for today a ultrasound scan at fetal care but cudnt cope emotionally too long so went for a second opinion at TMC and had a confirmation with no heartbeat and prob due to chromosome issues.
So i've just seen my Dr and schedule a D&C this week, rest 6-10days before trying for my next frozen cycle again. Hopefully to ET in Mid March then.
Quite disheartened n afraid of the results for next cycle.. but i know i have to move on n try again.

Hi AhBel,

I am no IVF expert here. And this is my 1st transfer (also doing FET due to OHSS).
I am also following up @ NUHS with Dr Lim MY & Dr Shakinah (under subsidised but have been seeing the both of them very frequently thus far).
I remembered being given an option for genetic testing. But not sure how much these testing can still be performed on the frozen embryos.
I also had around your number which managed to survive to blast. and got frozen. But am also worried on the quality.
Lets draw strength from one another?

Wow! NUH TMC quoted me $480 for 6 acupuncture (but i reckon I doesn't require all 6 since I have completed OR and just waiting for ET). Will see how it goes. DH doesn't want me to stress myself up with acupuncture looking at the meds I've taken and are taking now...

And..
I read on another forum that there is this Zita West Positive Visualization Music which helps in IVF. I downloaded them via itunes and its good so far. Do try it out, ladies :)
The acupuncture there one time cost $80. You can visit Zou yumin hers only $40 per visit and i think she is under thomson medical

And..
i think sg too stressful with all the expenses we spend everyday. we should go to park to absorb all the plants energy in the morning.

And..
i think sg too stressful with all the expenses we spend everyday. go to park to absorb all the plants energy in the morning. hope can help

Hi all,

Hugs. I had the same situation for my last fresh cycle. Be positive that you did succeed to conceive but just need the right embryo. U can consider to rest longer.

Hi,
Are you with kkh? So fast you are able to start your cycle in feb after a failed cycle in dec?

hi Ladies,
my first time IUI will take place tomorrow. Doctor scheduled me in for DAY 12 check. not sure how the whole process and time will go? I have been ttc for 14months. Doc did say will take a jab to make the egg ovulate before insemination.

I haven't take any medication such as folic acid yet. haha.. really don know what to prepare.

what is ER?
IVF has HL as it is in a nature of day surgery.
ER=embryo retrieval/oocyte retrieval=day when ur eggs are removed to perform fertilization.
For NUH (if you are), they will give you up to 18days of HL if you are doing fresh transfer.
But if you are not doing fresh transfer, they will still give 18days but I went back to work less than 6days time..

To add on: Sometimes I went for the IVF scan/for consult, I took MC from the doctor and has no issue with it :) But most of the time, it works with time off due to the proximity of the clinic vs my office :)

Likewise Chasey. I am 38 and low reserve so given option of double stim. Trying to sort my calendar so was unsure when I will get to ET after both ERs. Thanks for the info.
Jiayou!

Just chatted with the nurse. My cycle will be a really long one. Had to take meds to suppress hormones after 2nd stim. My earliest ET will only be in 3rd week May assuming everything proceeds well.

Hope slow and steady will win the race this round

Anyone care to share their supplement and diet?

Been taking prenatal multivitamin with folic acid, royal jelly, coq10. Having high protein diet and drinking red date Logan drink.

I should be starting my first fresh IVF next week when my period arrives. Anyone starting next week too?

I just had my scan...haiz, after 5 days of jab, I've only have 5 eggs altogether. Really pray that these 5 eggs will be of good quality... feeling depress now.

Egg
Been taking prenatal multivitamin with folic acid, royal jelly, coq10. Having high protein diet and drinking red date Logan drink.

I should be starting my first fresh IVF next week when my period arrives. Anyone starting next week too?

Likewise i shld be starting my fresh ivf after my AF. But i need to take med for AF

Egg

Likewise i shld be starting my fresh ivf after my AF. But i need to take med for AF

I wasn't given med to induce period. Doc says when period comes naturally, to call into CARE to come down the next day for blood test, scan and to collect stimulation jabs to start the IVF.

Me too! But menses should come perhaps Friday. Are u win kkh?

I just had my scan...haiz, after 5 days of jab, I've only have 5 eggs altogether. Really pray that these 5 eggs will be of good quality... feeling depress now.

Eggs and not follicles? Don't worry so much. Quality counts more than quantity!

Me taking folic acid, prenatal vitamin, just bought vitamin c and royal jelly.. not sure if too late, just came to know that royal jelly is good to boost the success of ivf.. im waiting for my menses to come should be by next week i start the stim

It's only five days. Don't worry yet. And you meant follicles not eggs. Some follicles could be hiding. The number of eggs my Dr retrieved is more than the follicles he could see. So cheer up.

All the best!

me too, i've been feeling tired after my jabs..

Have been taking prenatal vitamins, CoQ10, DHea, fish oil, also drinking black soy milk, lotsa chicken soup and home cooked meals

Don't be! Have heard of people with success with one or two follicles .. you just need one good one! Will root for you

Thanks gals...was becoming negative on thinking of the worst scenarios. Let's believe and jia you together.

I heard that high protein diet is encourage to improve embryos quality...anyone eating raw/semi cooked egg white everyday?

I heard that high protein diet is encourage to improve embryos quality...anyone eating raw/semi cooked egg white everyday?

I'm trying to do that. But not everyday, just more than usual. Not just eggs, also beef, fish and avocado.
Half boiled eggs are ok until tww, then must switch to hard boiled.

Back