IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

hi cat,

im also with dr chew... will be starting end of feb. how about u?

Hi b3lieves, I am waiting for Feb menses to arrive and then I will call CHR. My schedule already in Dr Chew's computer haha. This will be my 2nd fresh cycle.

You will start taking Norethisterone end of Feb?

Hi b3lieves, I am waiting for Feb menses to arrive and then I will call CHR. My schedule already in Dr Chew's computer haha. This will be my 2nd fresh cycle.

Im taking Norethisterone now.
this is also my 2nd fresh...

Hi Both!

I am also with Dr chew also starting in Feb! Great to know both of u as cycle buddy!

hi
Hello wishingstar98!!

Glad to see more sisters with Dr chew here ... coz mostly i see r with PC wong.

is this your 1st fresh?
hi all, I am also with Dr Chew. Mine is 1st time IUI though. gonna take place tml. very excited. but after nurse say only 10% chance kind of blow my fire away. anyway I research online for young age the chances of conceieving will be higher like 20%. really praying hard for this to happen.

hi

hi all, I am also with Dr Chew. Mine is 1st time IUI though. gonna take place tml. very excited. but after nurse say only 10% chance kind of blow my fire away. anyway I research online for young age the chances of conceieving will be higher like 20%. really praying hard for this to happen.
Good luck!! think positive

So from day 1 menses, how many scans and how long before the ER? Does anyone know? Trying to predict my ER procedure and see if i can schedule my BW before the scans and stuff

I just received a text from KKH reminding me that I am booked for IVF in march. I cannot believe that I am going through ivf soon n is still hoping I will get pregnant before ivf.

Hi ladies .. I'm also with dr chew at nuh ... did my ER on Saturday . will be doing FET also due to ohss .. first time doing ivf so I'm also not sure what to expect for FET . Can we do it immediately after ER or need to wait for 2 cycles ?

Hi ladies. Can advise what are the cash payment that we need to fork out for fresh ivf?
1st ivf was done 6 yrs ago & blessed with a son. Can't really recall what are the procedures when my period came lastime. I'm schedule this mth. Feeling abit nervous.
Going for the ivf briefing nextwk. Left workforce lastyear in order to be mentally & financially prepared.

Doing weekly acupuncture. It helps overall well-being for me. However, no TCM herbs once I start Nor E.

I'm also doing weekly acupuncture and herbs. But not decided whether to continue herbs when IVF starts, but will def continue with acupuncture.

Hi AhBel,

I am no IVF expert here. And this is my 1st transfer (also doing FET due to OHSS).
I am also following up @ NUHS with Dr Lim MY & Dr Shakinah (under subsidised but have been seeing the both of them very frequently thus far).
I remembered being given an option for genetic testing. But not sure how much these testing can still be performed on the frozen embryos.
I also had around your number which managed to survive to blast. and got frozen. But am also worried on the quality.
Lets draw strength from one another?

Hi nicolemama,
I was told genetic testing still not allowed in sg law. But nuh seems to be starting to conduct some tests starting april, discussions still with Moh now. They are recruiting keen patients who want to do such test. But cost would be ard 11k with no govt subsidy at all.
My last was a hatched one and expanded blast..
Lets give each other the strength n support.. jiayou!

Hugs. I had the same situation for my last fresh cycle. Be positive that you did succeed to conceive but just need the right embryo. U can consider to rest longer.

Thanks alot MichNg.. ur words gave me some light n hope that yes i did manage to conceive.. my next review is only last week of feb since my evacuation on tues.. so i guess it will take another 4-6weeks before i can do the next ET which might be early april then.. good enuf time to rest.. pump up with herbs n supplements and exercise..
Hugs..

Hi ladies. Can advise what are the cash payment that we need to fork out for fresh ivf?
1st ivf was done 6 yrs ago & blessed with a son. Can't really recall what are the procedures when my period came lastime. I'm schedule this mth. Feeling abit nervous.
Going for the ivf briefing nextwk. Left workforce lastyear in order to be mentally & financially prepared.

Hi Leapgal, I have a friend, she and her hubby Singaporeans and their first fresh paid almost no cash. For me and my hubby who are Singaporean and PR, we ended up topping around $3K for fresh cycle after all the govt subsidies and medisave. But it's also because my protocol was to the expensive side, dr gave me more injections.

Hello wishingstar98!!

Glad to see more sisters with Dr chew here ... coz mostly i see r with PC wong.

is this your 1st fresh?
Hi

Yes its my first fresh. Waitg for my menses to come next week then starting injection soon. I thk i am too excited/stressed. Had a dream last night that i injected myself wrongly wif a very high dosage haa and was very messed up.

Hi

Yes its my first fresh. Waitg for my menses to come next week then starting injection soon. I thk i am too excited/stressed. Had a dream last night that i injected myself wrongly wif a very high dosage haa and was very messed up.

Can ask your hubby to inject for u if u worry. In fact My hubby help me to start my injection today and not as bad as it is.

Last edited:
Hi nicolemama,
I was told genetic testing still not allowed in sg law. But nuh seems to be starting to conduct some tests starting april, discussions still with Moh now. They are recruiting keen patients who want to do such test. But cost would be ard 11k with no govt subsidy at all.
My last was a hatched one and expanded blast..
Lets give each other the strength n support.. jiayou!
I see. I remember they offered us the option as I have some genetic syndrome which was passed down to my DD... But I am not sure if its the same. I am actually looking at tests of the embryo for chromosome factors. But nevertheless, shall leave it to the fate then..
Yes Yes! Lets give each other the strength! Baby dust+++ :D

Hi ladies .. I'm also with dr chew at nuh ... did my ER on Saturday . will be doing FET also due to ohss .. first time doing ivf so I'm also not sure what to expect for FET . Can we do it immediately after ER or need to wait for 2 cycles ?
Depends on your menstrual history. Doctor will recommend. I do not very clear/accurate menstrual record, thus has to do medicated FET (medicated FET starts with 21days of BC pills with 14days of another BC pills before FET) and because of OHSS, I was asked to rest for 4weeks before starting the BC pills. (My ER was on 30Dec, only started on BC pills Mercilon on 01Feb, KIV ET on 18Mar if lining clear by then)...

Depends on your menstrual history. Doctor will recommend. I do not very clear/accurate menstrual record, thus has to do medicated FET (medicated FET starts with 21days of BC pills with 14days of another BC pills before FET) and because of OHSS, I was asked to rest for 4weeks before starting the BC pills. (My ER was on 30Dec, only started on BC pills Mercilon on 01Feb, KIV ET on 18Mar if lining clear by then)...

Ohhh I will be seeing dr chew tmr so shal see what he says .. haha hoping that my ohss has cleared and I would be able to start soon .. but I have a feeling he would want me to wait :(

Been taking prenatal multivitamin with folic acid, royal jelly, coq10. Having high protein diet and drinking red date Logan drink.

I should be starting my first fresh IVF next week when my period arrives. Anyone starting next week too?

I also waiting for period to arrive to start my first fresh ivf

I will be starting my 1st fresh ivf next week when my menses report. Have been trying for a couple of yrs and 3 rounds of failed iui. Really not an easy experience especially having to witness ppl all around me conceiving effortlessly while I have to try so hard and do so much more. Yet at the end of each mth to be faced with the same disappointment I am too familiar with.

My cycle had been aborted today. My follicles not growing at all.

It must have been disappointing. Take sometime off and maybe you might want to consider TCM to tiao your body. I always take a crazy break eating anything I want, drinking all the coffee for a few days to free my mind before being good again.
Stay strong!

I will be starting my 1st fresh ivf next week when my menses report. Have been trying for a couple of yrs and 3 rounds of failed iui. Really not an easy experience especially having to witness ppl all around me conceiving effortlessly while I have to try so hard and do so much more. Yet at the end of each mth to be faced with the same disappointment I am too familiar with.

Agree and shared the same sentiments. We encourage one another here. All the best for your first cycle!

Hi i am going for first consultation at kkh in Feb for ivf. I have done all e fertility checks example and considering ivf cause of failed iui. When can i start the ivf cycle after the first consultation usually?
Have you seen doctor? I have my first appt with KKH next week too, eager to know when can i start

Is there a special diet that i should be following during ivf, 2ww and if successful, during the pregnancy? I just took med to induce AF. So probably will come the week after.

Is soft boiled eggs considered raw?

Back