IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

Lapin

Hello, Happy Boxing Day everyone! :)

Noticed there hasn't been any IVF thread set up for Feb/Mar, so thought of starting one for us to support each other. I'll be doing my first IVF in Feb at SGH. Any cycle buddies?

Hi I'm also first fresh Ivf at NUH . Will be starting when my PGD kit arrive. Doc put me at mar/apr short protocol on frozen cycle. :)

hi ladies! im also doing ivf in feb... at kkh, my first time. haven't really prepared anything to do it. are u ladies doing anything special to prepare?
i'm more worried about hubby because for us its male factor so im now rushing to buy fertility blend for him to try. hopefully it works

hi ladies! im also doing ivf in feb... at kkh, my first time. haven't really prepared anything to do it. are u ladies doing anything special to prepare?
i'm more worried about hubby because for us its male factor so im now rushing to buy fertility blend for him to try. hopefully it works

My journey is similar to yours. For myself, I'm eating more high protein diet, taking the multivitamins with folic acid, royal jelly, CoQ10. Drinking hot red date Logan drink regularly.

Wah looks like i am the lazy one. Havent been taking the supplements for pcos regularly. Likewise for folic acid

im joining nipper study at NUH and drinking their supplement drink, eat supplement like coq10, royal jelly. hubby is eating fertiity blend,
countboost for men, fertilaid for men, GNC meca men

Hi i am going for first consultation at kkh in Feb for ivf. I have done all e fertility checks example and considering ivf cause of failed iui. When can i start the ivf cycle after the first consultation usually?

Hello!
My first post :) going for my 2nd fresh IVF at NUH in Jan/Feb.
had taken a break from the first but so slow to start preparing

Hi how long did you wait between the first and second fresh IVF? Was ur menses screwed up? Did u track your ovulation in between ?

Hi i am going for first consultation at kkh in Feb for ivf. I have done all e fertility checks example and considering ivf cause of failed iui. When can i start the ivf cycle after the first consultation usually?

The queue is quite long at kkh. U should check with KKIVF and make the appointment. I think nearest by now is May / June.

Hi how long did you wait between the first and second fresh IVF? Was ur menses screwed up? Did u track your ovulation in between ?

Hi Kk82
I took a break of 3 months. Menses was on time but I felt overall well-being is not ideal. Didn't do temp nor OPK tracking in between

My journey is similar to yours. For myself, I'm eating more high protein diet, taking the multivitamins with folic acid, royal jelly, CoQ10. Drinking hot red date Logan drink regularly.

to be honest i hate taking pills and supplements.. but i guess i should do it.

are any of your ladies taking time off to do ivf? i don't particularly like my job so i actually even considered resigning, but my husband convinced me to take my HL and tough it out for another month or so..

are any of your ladies taking time off to do ivf? i don't particularly like my job so i actually even considered resigning, but my husband convinced me to take my HL and tough it out for another month or so..

I've done both before. My consideration was based on stress and emotional wellbeing. The job I quit was very stressful and workload not supportive of the time needed for Ivf.
My current job is more manageable so I can take HL.

I am seriously considering quitting as my job is super high stress and I think it is impacting my well-being a lot. But of course also worry if I take long to find another role...dilemma

I am seriously considering quitting as my job is super high stress and I think it is impacting my well-being a lot. But of course also worry if I take long to find another role...dilemma

totally understand what you are going through.. its like if quit and not pregnant then sian also have to find another job quickly. if don't quit but pregnant, worried about baby's health and whether can tahan the stress. :(

totally understand what you are going through.. its like if quit and not pregnant then sian also have to find another job quickly. if don't quit but pregnant, worried about baby's health and whether can tahan the stress. :(

Also consider if pregnant, there's a lot of extra costs for a single income household. Very stressful for parents to be.

Indeed a tough call. But if so stressed, can't even get pregnant got money also sad. Of course the TTC process is costly so having income is essential. I guess it is really about striking a balance.
I think maybe I am just depressed recently. Need to perk myself back and I think it is important before trying IVF again :)

Indeed a tough call. But if so stressed, can't even get pregnant got money also sad. Of course the TTC process is costly so having income is essential. I guess it is really about striking a balance.
I think maybe I am just depressed recently. Need to perk myself back and I think it is important before trying IVF again :)

Hugs! Yes your mental and emotional well being is important! I try to remind myself that my job isn't everything and to focus on other things outside of work to cheer me up. Also knowing that eventually I will leave the company and go somewhere else makes me feel better too.. That I'm not stuck.
But if bfp then I might feel like I have to stay a bit longer and get my maternity pay if not wasted.. Plus dunno if can get new job while pregnant annot..

I'm also in same situation as you. My opinion is that money can earn back but not women's health and egg quality. Tough call. Still hanging there. Boss is supportive but still I find juggling work and IVF stress.

It is so heartening to have you gals out there to listen :) Bear hugs back!
Am planning to go for yoga classes and start a small exercise regime to perk myself up... hope a healthy mind gives healthy body and eggs

i am also like caught in this situation. Currently, my role, not very stressful but literally nothing to do. I feel very useless and also working under an incompetent boss. Which means, i probably wont progress anywhere if i stay on. So i am on a look out, but if i look out and still going IVF, if i pregnant, start new job and pregnant abit unfair to the new company. But stay in current job if pregnant den earn the ML also like not ideal since i am not happy working here.

i am also like caught in this situation. Currently, my role, not very stressful but literally nothing to do. I feel very useless and also working under an incompetent boss. Which means, i probably wont progress anywhere if i stay on. So i am on a look out, but if i look out and still going IVF, if i pregnant, start new job and pregnant abit unfair to the new company. But stay in current job if pregnant den earn the ML also like not ideal since i am not happy working here.
my siutation is i finished my degree but i dont dare to go find job. My current job do not use up my ability and experience. wanting to keep a job and also need to do ivf soon. i think i have to stay in this job for 2 more yrs in case ivf success and get the ML

I left my job to focus on IVF (with hub's support) as I was in a very stressful job which requires me to travel often, work beyond SG time-zone at times, making it tough to accommodate demands of IVF - to take time off to do the scans/HL. It was a tough decision as I enjoyed my job alot despite the stress. And the loss of one income is something that's requires some degree of adjustment in lifestyle to offset the increased ttc-medical expenditure. But given that having a baby is our top priority, we feel work and money can wait after this to earn back.

Not working does have its benefits - it allowed me to exercise regularly, visit the TCM regularly to tiao my body (which when working, I always fall sick) and with reduced stress, I do see general improvement in my health. That said, despite our financial planning before I left my job, I still feel the pinch of one less income. Somedays it does also feel like my life is on hold just for IVF (may make it more painful if it fails) vs. my friends who are happily working and yet still having babies at the same time.

If one choose to give up a job for IVF, I feel most important is to have the hub's full support, consider family finances, and to find filters to fill up the time (for myself, I've pursue new hobbies/do some volunteering. I am also considering doing part-time work which is flexi/ less stressful than my previous job).

I really kudos all sisters here who are juggling full time jobs and IVF at the same time. Whichever way one decide, each option comes with some give-and-take. Just a positive quote to share that I came across today: "You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make. -Gordon B Hinkley"

Let's jiayou together! May 2017 be our year for BFP! :)

I left my job to focus on IVF (with hub's support) as I was in a very stressful job which requires me to travel often, work beyond SG time-zone at times, making it tough to accommodate demands of IVF - to take time off to do the scans/HL. It was a tough decision as I enjoyed my job alot despite the stress. And the loss of one income is something that's requires some degree of adjustment in lifestyle to offset the increased ttc-medical expenditure. But given that having a baby is our top priority, we feel work and money can wait after this to earn back.

Not working does have its benefits - it allowed me to exercise regularly, visit the TCM regularly to tiao my body (which when working, I always fall sick) and with reduced stress, I do see general improvement in my health. That said, despite our financial planning before I left my job, I still feel the pinch of one less income. Somedays it does also feel like my life is on hold just for IVF (may make it more painful if it fails) vs. my friends who are happily working and yet still having babies at the same time.

If one choose to give up a job for IVF, I feel most important is to have the hub's full support, consider family finances, and to find filters to fill up the time (for myself, I've pursue new hobbies/do some volunteering. I am also considering doing part-time work which is flexi/ less stressful than my previous job).

I really kudos all sisters here who are juggling full time jobs and IVF at the same time. Whichever way one decide, each option comes with some give-and-take. Just a positive quote to share that I came across today: "You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make. -Gordon B Hinkley"

Let's jiayou together! May 2017 be our year for BFP! :)

I totally hear you and I think you are brave to make that decision. Hubby's support is definitely critical.
I actually moved from a regional role to a local role 2 years ago with the intention to start a family. Unfortunately the local role turns out more stressful and demanding than the previous one. Not mentioning an incompetent boss.
I have been toying with the thought of quitting so many times I am tired haha and I admire your courage :)

Truly hope 2017 is our year of BFP!
I am now religiously going TCM to tiao my body and will do a double stim protocol in late Feb.

Thanks again for sharing.. sending lotsa love!

I totally hear you and I think you are brave to make that decision. Hubby's support is definitely critical.
I actually moved from a regional role to a local role 2 years ago with the intention to start a family. Unfortunately the local role turns out more stressful and demanding than the previous one. Not mentioning an incompetent boss.
I have been toying with the thought of quitting so many times I am tired haha and I admire your courage :)

Truly hope 2017 is our year of BFP!
I am now religiously going TCM to tiao my body and will do a double stim protocol in late Feb.

Thanks again for sharing.. sending lotsa love!

Thanks. I feel you too as before I left, I did considered option of transferring to another role internally, but nothing suitable was available at that point. Hang in there, we are getting close to our goal! Which TCM are u seeing? I'm seeing dr Zou at AMK. What's double stim protocol? All the best for Feb! :)

Thanks. I feel you too as before I left, I did considered option of transferring to another role internally, but nothing suitable was available at that point. Hang in there, we are getting close to our goal! Which TCM are u seeing? I'm seeing dr Zou at AMK. What's double stim protocol? All the best for Feb! :)

Haha I am asking for internal transfer too but seems nothing suitable.
I am seeing Dr Jin at Thomson TMC for acupuncture now. Heard good reviews at Dr Zou all the time.

I am doing my IVF at NUH with PC Wong. Due to low egg reserve, he suggested to stim, ER, freeze. 5 days later, repeat stim, ER before FET.

I m going for counseling in feb and ivf in mar with kkh. It's my first time and don't know what to expect.

Anyone from kkh in the same cycle as me?

Back