IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Goodgirl- maybe too early to detect.
Better rest more.
Serene-Try short nap maybe k help.
But if nap too long scare that u can't zz in the night.

Serene - Same like me! Though now I don't have the middle of the night cramps anymore, but I still will wake up in the middle of the night! Then feeling very sleepy in the day. I still can't sleep on my side, tummy feel bloated plus the boobs are already starting to sore more. So its uncomfy to sleep on my side. End up sleeping semi sit up position. Please nap for at least an hour in the late afternoon, I will always do that.

goodgrl - its still too early to tell if you are preggy. Sometimes Crinone will give you light pink tinge of mucus or brown discharge too, i read on the internet. Cramping is normal, side effect of Crinone as well as pregnancy. Our uterus is expanding, cos many blood flowing to that area. You will experience backaches too.

Just to share, during my 2ww, I don't nap in the afternoon as I will always have problem sleeping at nite if I do so.

So I occupy myself doing something at least I can have a good nite sleep.

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I've been a silent reader of this thread and I must say that it has helped me a lot. I'm amazed by the courage and perseverance shown by all the ladies here. And seeing all that, has given me the courage to embark on this long and arduous journey myself (it was hard for me to agree on going through IVF at first
happy.gif
) And for that, I thank you all.
happy.gif
I hope you ladies won't mind me joining this thread.
happy.gif

I am currently under Prof Wong, doing the long protocol. Day 7 of Suprefact. So far, no side effects. This is my first IVF. Although, I have been experiencing a lot of anxiety. I guess, waiting can do that to a person.
happy.gif

Goodgrl, don't think too much. Try not to walk around too much, in case that is implantation bleeding.

My AF came yesterday, very heavy and bad cramps, although it was not as bad as my first failed cycle. Glad that it came as my AF is like clockwork, i don't like it to be disrupted. I'll take a break and go for my third fresh cycle in Oct/Nov.

Soul, welcome, we are like one big family here. Nobody else can understand the rollercoaster ride that we have gone thru unless they have been thru the same. My advice is take one day at a time, do things that you enjoy, stay happy and positive. Time passes faster that way.

Goodgrl, don't think too much. Try not to walk around too much, in case that is implantation bleeding.

My AF came yesterday, very heavy and bad cramps, although it was not as bad as my first failed cycle. Glad that it came as my AF is like clockwork, i don't like it to be disrupted. I'll take a break and go for my third fresh cycle in Oct/Nov.

Soul, welcome, we are like one big family here. Nobody else can understand the rollercoaster ride that we have gone thru unless they have been thru the same. My advice is take one day at a time, do things that you enjoy, stay happy and positive. Time passes faster that way.

Jamp and Blue, happy poking away!

Thanks everyone as my hopes on friday is not high.

welcome soulasylum, this is my 1st IVF and I agree a lot of anxiety and emotional stress will creeped up esp on the 2ww. The jabs, trips to the hospital, bloodtests, financial stress will make us a better person and hopefully a strong one as we become mothers soon and see our baby on our side.
You are in good hands with Prof Wong and his team as they are very accommodating, reliable and patient.

serene: goodluck on Friday!
jamp and blue: enjoy the jabs hehe

God bless us all!

Hi all,
Today is sad day for me. I went for scan this morning and the sonographer told me they did not see heart beat of my bb. Today is 10 weeks 5days. I was totally shocked when i heard this cos i have seen my bb's heart beat last two weeks and i did not feel any thing during these two weeks (no cramping, no bleeding). They arranged for me to go for abortion procedure come Thursday. So sad.
sad.gif

Blue: Hi and Thank you Blue! I really appreciate that.
happy.gif
Are you on the long protocol too? Are we on the same cycle then?
happy.gif

Pink: Hi Pink! You're so right. No one understands this journey unless you're going through the same. I have no one to talk to about this other than my husband. It gets pretty lonely, hehe! I totally agree with your advice, thank you!
happy.gif

Goodgrl: Hi Goodgrl! Thank you for reassuring me that I'm in good hands. Prof Wong is a good doctor. The reason why we chose him was because he's the chief of division. Hubby and I wanted to be safe, so we chose the head, assuming that he has to be the best to lead the whole division right? Hehe! I do love his team of nurses. They're so friendly! They don't make me feel like a guinea pig, so that's very good for me.
happy.gif

Thank you ladies for welcoming me here! I wish for BFP for all of us!
happy.gif

Cool: Hi Cool. I'm new here, so I'd like to say Hi and also I'm sorry to hear about your news. There are no words to describe what you're going through right now. My prayers are with you.

Coolcool, sorry to hear about your loss.
It happened to me for my first cycle.
I bfp, first scan saw the heartbeat n second
scan at week 7, bb heartbeat was not there.
I cried on the scan bed. When i got up n sat near
Prof table, again I cried.
I too had to go thru d&c sort off like an abortion.
Be strong my dear friend.
It was not easy I cried when being pushed to the OT.
I know we want a baby badly so this is definitely something
we dont want to go thru.
Prof did console me by saying to treat this as nature way
to control the foetus. It may not be a healthy one.
To lose now will not be as painful to lose later.
N at that pt of time I had my mc, my cousin lost her newborn.
She already knew her bb condition n insist on
keeping. When i see that, there's some truth in it.
It will take time to accept, but surely you will be granted your wish again.

Coolcool: Did you feel any morning sickness or tummy growing over the past 2 weeks? Such sudden loss is very shocking to everyone here.

Hi all, thanks for comforting me. I am ok now. I will go for scan today to comfirm if the bb has really no heart beat before going for D&C procedure on Thursday. I'd like to have peace of mind even though the gynae said their scan is accurate and more experienced sonographer came and confirmed.
Dadwannabe: I did not feel any morning sickness at all since begining and I thought my tummy bigger. So I couldn't detect any sign of problem.
But every one, pls don't be afraid and worried because of my experience. I think my preggy has a bit of problem since begining (low bHCG hormone level).
Take care, you all.

Coolcool, so sorry to hear about your loss. Take heart, I agree with Su. Strengthen your body and try again.

Recalled one sista said that there's always hope if we dun give up, try again later part of year, you'll make it. ALL OF US HERE will make it soon!

Hi Pink & Goodgrl, yeah, happy poking indeed...just kidding, gotten the stuff ytd, kinda scary at first but thank God, it's not painful. Hope I'll remember to do it every morning!

My scan and bt on 15 Aug, Blue, yours shld be same same, rite?

May we all succeed this year!

God bless all of us!

Dadwannabe, i too had no morning sickness or cramping or even bleeding when i had miscarriage. SOmttimes, we really do not know what is happening inside our body. We can just take whatever precaution that need to be taken.

Ladies, do not be scared or worried if what i had shared. Not meant to worry or frighten anyone here.

Have a nice day!

Cool cool, it must have been a hard day. We are all strong ladies here. Take good care of yourself and go for another try when you are ready. The good news is that at least you know that you can get pregnant.
I just found out today that one of my gf in HK is pregnant and she just got married couple of mths ago! It is happy news but sad for me. I'm going to a girls' gathering this Sat and all the other 3 ladies are pregnant. How i wish I can be pregnant too! Sigh...our route to motherhood is way longer than others, but we will get there someday (I hope).

I understand how you feel pink! Most of my friends that are newly wed got pregnant right away and I got lots of invites from childrens party too! Sigh, how I wish I can have my own too. Btw, how soon can you start ivf after this cycle?

andreanie: My wife's bhcg is 221. If I remember correctly, coolcool's value is around 65.

coolcool: It is alright to check again to confirm the finding. I really hope some miracle will happen today. Maybe the instrument malfunctioned yesterday?

Su: How about this pregnancy? Do you have some morning sickness? Can we say that it is better to have some morning sickness than no morning sickness at all. It is hard not to worry because the stake is too high.

Dadwannabe, this time round, I do not have terrible morning sickness. It is bearable. I only feel like puking in the evening or should i say like once in a while. I am glad that during my first trimmester, i can still go to work as per normal.

I know, sometimes it is better to have morning sickness so we know all is ok. Having no morning sickness will worry us especially when we are taking this route.
How about your wife? BTW, how many weeks is she now?

Dadwannabe- everyone is different. But I know that if got nausea or vomitting means that hormones are high to hold baby.
But I have friend that carry twins but no nausea at all & the twins are healthy 4 mths old babies now.
Jamp- yap, hope to see u at 15, but I would be rushing becos need to rush for wk.

Su: My wife is 9 weeks 2 days now. She has some morning sickness. Seeing her nausea gives me a mixed feeling. I don't want her to suffer, but at the same time I need signs to show our baby is healthy. What to do?

Blue: I read from wikipedia that morning sickness is a self-defense mechanism to prevent pregnant women eating something toxic or harmful to the babies. But it should be a good sign.

I just came back from NUH with heavy heart. Dr Anu scanned again and confirmed that there's no heart beat. I will go for D&C tmw. Hope to start FET soon.
Andreanine, my bHCG at dpt14 is 43 only.
I also feel uneasy for lack of my MS. Then I asked my mum and she said she has no MS for all her 9 children. And my sis and my sis-in-law also did not have MS. So I was kind of relieved.

I didn't have MS too.
Symptom or not doesn't represent anything.

Very sorry, cool...

Take care and rest awhile to get ready for FET.

Hi sistas, it's so quiet over here today, not used to it, thot something's wrong with my browser ;>

Ok I shall break the silence by asking where can I find Brazil nuts? Also, I took a look at ensure milk yesterday, but the protein level is not high, what is the main reason for taking ensure milk?

Jamp, you can get at some ntuc. It's packed like those other normal nuts. If not you can get at those counter that sells nuts by grams. I know suntec carefour has it.

Halo sistas, I only get to come in now.
Is a horrible day for me. But at last I finish wk Liao.
Mel- agreed with u, like gardenpicks service also.
Is their brazil nuts fresh? Might consider to get from them.
Jamp- If u wan k take immunocal, pure whey protein.
Becos I won't be taking ensure as is very fattening. Unless u k afford to put on then is different story lor.
Serene & goodgirl- All the best for yr BT tomorrow, will be waiting for both yr good news.
Serene also very quiet these few days leh.

Blue- v busy at work today? I bought brazil nuts and walnuts. I prefer their brazil nuts to walnuts cos the place I used to buy walnuts seems slightly tastier. But gardenpick's walnut colour look lighter and I read lighter is better than darker (the ones i used to buy tend to be darker).
Jamp- cos I snack on walnuts so I buy quite a bit from gardenpicks. U can get brazil nuts from Nuts & Nibble at Taka basement (near those shops selling Chinese tea stuffs) and if I rem correctly, inside Vivo City Cold Storage also has one.

Recently my wife also craved for nuts. Last time I bought one pack for her from NTUC but she didn't like it. She said maybe it contains some preservative. Now, I go to Vivo city Lv 2. There is a store selling nuts by 100 grams.

Mel-not really busy but is headache abt staff issues.
I like their dried fruits & nuts. The almonds also very fresh.
Dadwannabe- if yr wife be snacking on nuts, gardenpicks will more worth to buy from. Somemore they deliver to U free if buy till certain amt. Think Vivo level 2 is Pat's oven, is Fresh but super ex. Don get from Vivo cold storage, I tried, is not Fresh de

I have my AF already so I guess will be waiting for my next cycle. How long should you wait for ur next? Does FET has higher chances?

Serene: how are you? did u check HPT. as early as 12d like mine can detect already thru BT.

Blue: Thanks for the suggestion. I will try gardenpicks for sure.

Because I paid, so my wife did not know how much it cost. In Pat's oven 100gm = $4.5 for mixed nuts unsalted. But their nuts really taste good, much better than NTUC.

Goodgrl: Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you don't feel too upset. You have to wait for at least 3months for your next fresh cycle. FET has a lower chance because only 50% embryos undergo the freezing cycle will survive.

Dadwannabe- no problem. Maybe by then u buy she would change yr choice of food craving Liao, hehe.
Goodgirl- is it full flow? Hugz.
U have how many frozen embbies?

jamp - you can get a mix of Protein high nuts in a packet at Cold Storage. It's under the Whole foods section, its a mix of Brazil Nuts, Almonds and Cashew Nuts. :)

Goodgrl - Just go for your BT, you might still be preggy, u never know dear.
Good luck Serene for your BT tmr!

I did D&C today. Still a bit dizzy, crampy and bleeding.
Goodgrl, you and me can be cycle buddie for our next FET.
Andreanie, actually the jab is painful or not so painful depends on the nurse also. I have 4-5 nurse did injections for me. I noticed that 2 of the nurses injected i felt less painful.

Mel- I took the royale berry mix, love the jumbo raisins.
Dadwannabe- the nut mix 100g cost u $3.80 only.
Now I very tempt to order Liao, yum yum

Back