IVF 2019

After what seemed like forever, i finally completed 28 days of BC and got my AF today. Which means it’s FET time soon. I just got some blood taken and will start the next course of meds on Sun. It doesn’t seem like i will need to do any injections this time round. Is this the NUH way?

Also, does anyone know when the labs are closing and till when?
What is BC? Are u on medicated fet? For natural fet sounds like u can start anytime aftee menses arrive?

i’m seeing brown discharge .. my game is over...
1 iui fail
5 ivf, 3 positive, 1 ectopic, 1 success, nw? miscarriage

Lab closure 27/04-06/05.
How many progynova will you take per day?

2mg twice per day for 4 days, then
4mg twice per day for 4 days, then
6mg twice per day for 6 days.

Been told to see the doc and do a scan on the last day lf progynova. Any idea how long after this till the actual transfer day?

2mg twice per day for 4 days, then
4mg twice per day for 4 days, then
6mg twice per day for 6 days.

Been told to see the doc and do a scan on the last day lf progynova. Any idea how long after this till the actual transfer day?
Interesting, I’m also with Prof, my dosage is 6 progynova per day. I was curious if he prescribes same for everyone or not.
For my last year FET I came for scan on CD 14, lining was 10 mm, started progesterone from CD 15, transfer was on CD19. BT on 10 day after transfer.

Interesting, I’m also with Prof, my dosage is 6 progynova per day. I was curious if he prescribes same for everyone or not.
For my last year FET I came for scan on CD 14, lining was 10 mm, started progesterone from CD 15, transfer was on CD19. BT on 10 day after transfer.
Hi alishablond,

I took 2mg Progynova x3 on sat, sun and mon. I developed skin rashes and itchiness on my 4 limbs on Monday morning. You are alrite with the pills? I think I am the rare case that developed skin rashes.

Hi alishablond,

I took 2mg Progynova x3 on sat, sun and mon. I developed skin rashes and itchiness on my 4 limbs on Monday morning. You are alrite with the pills? I think I am the rare case that developed skin rashes.
Hi, Mellyn

I’m alright with progynova, except have quite strong acid reflux and fatigue.

Does anyone here has problem conceiving because both husband and wife are infertile? Me and my wife, both Singaporean Chinese, are willing to donate half or more of our embryos, provided the other couple are willing to fund our IVF treatment cycle. This is negotiable, if my wife (who is quite young at 32) can produce many eggs, then we may consider donating 2/3 or even 3/4 of our embryos, in return for fully-funded IVF treatment from the other couple.
it’s not allowed in sg

Does anyone here has problem conceiving because both husband and wife are infertile? Me and my wife, both Singaporean Chinese, are willing to donate half or more of our embryos, provided the other couple are willing to fund our IVF treatment cycle. This is negotiable, if my wife (who is quite young at 32) can produce many eggs, then we may consider donating 2/3 or even 3/4 of our embryos, in return for fully-funded IVF treatment from the other couple.

If you are both Singaporeans, your medisave along with the Gov grant should more or less cover for the 3 cycles without forking out a cent from pocket.

Honestly quite turned off.

You mentioned that you had done one IVF before, but wanted someone to fund another cycle in a private setting cos you dislike the KKH setting and long waits.

Just because of that, you are fine with your wife going through the IVF process? Even OK to go overseas to do this? Just to skip about 8 hours of queueing time at KKH?

If your sperm and your wife's eggs are very good quality, why do you need to go through another cycle? If they are not, why should anyone pay for them? How would other people even know if they will get quality embryos, or even the number of embryos, from funding your cycle?

if just willing parties to donate out embryo to bless ppl is ok, it’s not good as if u r selling ur embryo out to couples who tried so hard to have babies.

Agreed n also there is no 100% sure going overseas private will have good quality n quantities of embryo. Paying huge cost for uncertainty. Maybe only those “super rich n must have toddler” couple are willing to pay for it

You may be trying to ‘circumvent’ the system by saying you’re willing to go overseas (at the expense of the couple who’s supposed to foot the bill for you), but is the mere fact that you’re soliciting monetary compensation in exchange of your embryos (that don’t even guarantee success - otherwise why do you even need IVF) even legal in the first place?

@Alaricda i don’t think you can find what you want here and I would suggest for you to take it down soon. If I am being really honest, i find your proposition scammy..

If indeed you find gov hospitals slow and cumbersome, maybe you can share the hospital name and doctor you dealt with. It could be a once off event, and I am sure there are plenty of ladies or men here who can recommend other doctors for you to try. You still have 2 rounds of ivf left that can be funded by Gov and medisave.

There are couples who are already vulnerable from this entire experience of dealing with infertility, please don’t take advantage of their desperation and entice them to do something illegal.

hcg lvl going down... but havnt reach less than 5, still need to continue to pay $$ bt till reach then complete the cycle. already tough enough to face ivf, nw still need to face yes u r pregnant but no u r not keeping. $50.29 per bt... till bye baby... cruelty in life...

hcg lvl going down... but havnt reach less than 5, still need to continue to pay $$ bt till reach then complete the cycle. already tough enough to face ivf, nw still need to face yes u r pregnant but no u r not keeping. $50.29 per bt... till bye baby... cruelty in life...
Sorry to hear that. Yes that’s cruel. Only consolation is that it’s not a healthy embryo so it’s nature doing it’s natural selection .

Sorry to hear that. Yes that’s cruel. Only consolation is that it’s not a healthy embryo so it’s nature doing it’s natural selection .
ya something like not healthy baby eject off. too bad. is either i stop trying, if not 6th round for me.

So sorry, I just saw this after my last post.. hugs hugs.. don’t give up ok!

So sorry to hear this! Keep trying. Hugs!

Hey everyone

Anyone starting IVF cycle in March 2019?

I'm a 29yo female, TTC for 1.5 years. DH is 32.
We have had 1 failed IUI in Jan 2019 and will be proceeding with IVF at KKH for this coming March cycle.
Doctor dubbed us "unexplained subfertility", but she thinks it's most likely because DH has low sperm morphology (Teratospermia).

Our IVF briefing is scheduled for late February.
Anyone on the same boat?
Anyone been through IVF and willing to share tips?
Anyone has tips on how to naturally improve our chances?

Thanks~

Hey everyone

Anyone starting IVF cycle in March 2019?

I'm a 29yo female, TTC for 1.5 years. DH is 32.
We have had 1 failed IUI in Jan 2019 and will be proceeding with IVF at KKH for this coming March cycle.
Doctor dubbed us "unexplained subfertility", but she thinks it's most likely because DH has low sperm morphology (Teratospermia).

Our IVF briefing is scheduled for late February.
Anyone on the same boat?
Anyone been through IVF and willing to share tips?
Anyone has tips on how to naturally improve our chances?

Thanks~
Oh by the way, did you get to decide how many embryos you want to transfer? Or does the doctor decide that...

Mine the Dr decided. No room for discussion but am glad cause I wouldn't know wat to do also. Did 2 Embryo transplant. 1 morula and 1 grade 4 embryo on day 3.

Hello , i am new here and my wife and I have been trying to conceived naturally but it was not possible hence we are turning into IVF. I would like to understand if I go to public hospital , roughly what is the waiting time? If heading to private hospital , which one are the so called " recommended ones". Pardon me for asking.

Hihi, newbie here.. I'm 38 this yr, married for 3yrs. Been tcc since with no success. Tried all methods but no use. Had a chem preg last yr :( Hub and I tested all seems okay. Going to start our 1st ivf cycle in May (now waiting for AF to visit so I can start my injections). KKH with Dr TanHH.
Not sure what to expect so joining this forum for more insights and support 
Baby dust to all!

Hello , i am new here and my wife and I have been trying to conceived naturally but it was not possible hence we are turning into IVF. I would like to understand if I go to public hospital , roughly what is the waiting time? If heading to private hospital , which one are the so called " recommended ones". Pardon me for asking.

Hihi public hospital do u mean like KKH and SGH?
Now they have improved their system. Its like March I went for my 1st consultation at KKH. And starting the ivf in May. Prolly around 2 months. V fast in my opinion.
No longer need to queue 6 months like it was last time.

Now they have improved their system. Its like March I went for my 1st consultation at KKH. And starting the ivf in May. Prolly around 2 months. V fast in my opinion.
hh tan changed the system into 2 mths wait time... he is awesome!

look for recommended dr for private or public, public if singaporean got co funding n medisave to use

Ic that’s decent wait time. My Wife is not local and I am singaporean hence 35% subsidy. Even private hospital can use Medisave right ? Any subsidy if go private hospital ?

Ic that’s decent wait time. My Wife is not local and I am singaporean hence 35% subsidy. Even private hospital can use Medisave right ? Any subsidy if go private hospital ?
Yea you may need to wait 1 mth+ to get your first appointment. After that is doing various tests before you can start ivf. Some tests have to go according to the women’s menstrul cycle so these can’t be rushed. If you happen to just miss a window then hv to wait few weeks for next cycle. These things make it slower.

Btw, my fees at NUH was about 12K+

hh tan changed the system into 2 mths wait time... he is awesome!
Yes he is awesome!!!

I'm still waiting for my 'full blown' menses. Thought coming soon cos got brown blood for few days already. Then I fell ill and had to take antibiotics. Think the meds stopped my menses somehow:(
Wondering how it will actually affect my cycle and the ivf.. anybody encountered being sick during the ivf cycle?

Hi! Im new here and am already in late 30s..my husband and I would like to look into IVF option...any recommendations for a doctor/hospital?

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm in my late 30s and am intending to have a baby. Have scrolled through all the advices. I had recently gone for a consultation at KKH and is now waiting to get some tests completed before they could advise me further on my suitability and all.

I'd like to ask how did all of you cope with work during the IVF period? Did you all inform your boss that you are doing this process and will be possibly throwing MCs and HLs during this period? My company is facing a shortage of manpower at this moment and I know that I'm definitely very stressed up with work. I'm not sure if I want to inform my boss of this decision as nothing is confirmed at this stage.

Appreciate any kind advices from the members here. Thank you very much.

Hi,

Scheduled to go KKH for the 1st US on exactly 6W0D. The scan managed to see a normal size/shape gestational sac and a yolk sac. However no baby seen yet. Doc said still early stage and was told to come back for another US a week later. Is this normal that you dont get to see the baby end of 5W?

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm in my late 30s and am intending to have a baby. Have scrolled through all the advices. I had recently gone for a consultation at KKH and is now waiting to get some tests completed before they could advise me further on my suitability and all.

I'd like to ask how did all of you cope with work during the IVF period? Did you all inform your boss that you are doing this process and will be possibly throwing MCs and HLs during this period? My company is facing a shortage of manpower at this moment and I know that I'm definitely very stressed up with work. I'm not sure if I want to inform my boss of this decision as nothing is confirmed at this stage.

Appreciate any kind advices from the members here. Thank you very much.
Hi astrobear

Sharing my experience:
I informed my boss of my decision to do ivf. He was very supportive. U must be prepared that colleagues would start asking why you are constantly on leave etc. Some asked out of concern but there will be some gossip colleagues.
I started my 1st cycle in Feb 2019. When I though the whole process is within my control, I was wrong. I had to do FET after ER due to at risk of ohss. So I waited another month for FET. When I finally had my AF and called KKIVF, I developed skin rashes after taking 3 days’ doses of Progynova. Till now, I have no idea when I do a transfer.
All the best to you.

Hi astrobear

Sharing my experience:
I informed my boss of my decision to do ivf. He was very supportive. U must be prepared that colleagues would start asking why you are constantly on leave etc. Some asked out of concern but there will be some gossip colleagues.
I started my 1st cycle in Feb 2019. When I though the whole process is within my control, I was wrong. I had to do FET after ER due to at risk of ohss. So I waited another month for FET. When I finally had my AF and called KKIVF, I developed skin rashes after taking 3 days’ doses of Progynova. Till now, I have no idea when I do a transfer.
All the best to you.

Did you inform your boss only after you gone through all the tests or did you inform him from the beginning before you even went for the consultation on IVF?

Last edited:
Did you inform your boss only after you gone through all the tests or did you inform him from the beginning before you even went for the consultation on IVF?
After the consultation as I want to know what are the issues that my hub and I might have. After all the tests, we can only conclude that ours is an unexplained issue.

Back