IVF 2019

sorry my 2 dr at kkh is either TC Tan or HH Tan... i dunno about the rest n i don’t like female dr
Yes I totally agree doctors are very important throughout the journey. I had 3 chemical pregnancies previously and was with a lady gynea. All along I wanted a lady doc as I thought I will be more comfortable but omg I was so wrong. Or perhaps she's the only one who made me feel that way.

One very memorable example was, she told me she noticed a polyp during a scan and she said I can choose to remove or not to remove. Being a layman, I asked if a polyp will affect my chances of conceiving because I don even know wads a polyp to begin with. Her reply was "I wouldn't know when you will get pregnant, you know. You need to make the decision yourself if u wan to remove or not. I cannot help you decide"

I was so pissed. I'm not asking you when will I get pregnant nor do you have a crystal ball to tell my fortune to me. And im definitely not asking you to decide for me. All I'm asking is if the polyp will be in e way. Coz if it will then obviously I will opt to remove.

So from then on, I turn to male doctors...

Yes I totally agree doctors are very important throughout the journey. I had 3 chemical pregnancies previously and was with a lady gynea. All along I wanted a lady doc as I thought I will be more comfortable but omg I was so wrong. Or perhaps she's the only one who made me feel that way.

One very memorable example was, she told me she noticed a polyp during a scan and she said I can choose to remove or not to remove. Being a layman, I asked if a polyp will affect my chances of conceiving because I don even know wads a polyp to begin with. Her reply was "I wouldn't know when you will get pregnant, you know. You need to make the decision yourself if u wan to remove or not. I cannot help you decide"

I was so pissed. I'm not asking you when will I get pregnant nor do you have a crystal ball to tell my fortune to me. And im definitely not asking you to decide for me. All I'm asking is if the polyp will be in e way. Coz if it will then obviously I will opt to remove.

Wow that doc attitude very bad.
So far I'm quite lucky with female Dr.
I'm at SGH Care under Dr Yong. She is those that everything want to self do it , check and get everything done fast instead waiting for nurse to lay things nicely waiting for her come type. She those very hand on lady.
Only thing bad, she is head of department so always very busy as alot Dr keep asking her opinion while she giving us consultation.

When I cant really decide to put 1 or 2 embryos she give me good analysis and always very encouraging, always ask me don't think too much, anything happen we handle together and solve one by one. Cause I had immune system disorder which pregnancy will be high risk and stress to my body.
But she still support my decision and willing to handle me.

Also at SGH IVF seems like there is always 2 Dr handle my case. DR Yong my main one and Dr Tan will assist her to update me if anything need special note.

So far I'm very happy with SGH CARE service. Even the nurse will keep chatting with you to make you feel relax during blood test, ER and ET.

What about Dr Sadhana from KKH ? Personally I really like her. My friends seen her and got twins.

We are under Dr Sadhana! And we success in 2nd fresh cycle. She very patient to listen to us n keep asking if anything want to know.

My wife colleague sister also succeed with Dr Sadhana.

Wow that doc attitude very bad.
So far I'm quite lucky with female Dr.
I'm at SGH Care under Dr Yong. She is those that everything want to self do it , check and get everything done fast instead waiting for nurse to lay things nicely waiting for her come type. She those very hand on lady.
Only thing bad, she is head of department so always very busy as alot Dr keep asking her opinion while she giving us consultation.

When I cant really decide to put 1 or 2 embryos she give me good analysis and always very encouraging, always ask me don't think too much, anything happen we handle together and solve one by one. Cause I had immune system disorder which pregnancy will be high risk and stress to my body.
But she still support my decision and willing to handle me.

Also at SGH IVF seems like there is always 2 Dr handle my case. DR Yong my main one and Dr Tan will assist her to update me if anything need special note.

So far I'm very happy with SGH CARE service. Even the nurse will keep chatting with you to make you feel relax during blood test, ER and ET.

I agreed that sgh CARE nurses are very good and caring.

Me under dr hema. She seems always too busy (emergency and so on) During ER and ET, nurses prepared everything nicely for her and have to call her few times to tell her that patient and everything is ready. Waiting for her to “appear”. I wondered if CARE is overloaded with too many patients....

This friday is blood test. 2ww is so long. Transfer two 2d embryo. I feel very tempted to test at home. not sure if i can accept seeing single line again.

Hi, my experiences with Dr Tan HH from kkh is quite good. He is knowledgeable and friendly too. Although sometimes his consultation can be quite fast as he has alot of patients. But he is firm of what we should do next and we just go according to his suggestion.

When we did our review with Dr Jerry after our failed cycle, we don't really feel any sympathy. Maybe he is too professional. Basically, we went in, and he take a quick glance at file and notes .... just advice us to try again.

I felt if you were to prompt him further he gets a little patience through this tone (not loud or whatsoever but you get that kind of feeling though ) despite he still being professional. You can see through his body language and the way he reply. Luckily after few sessions when I’m onto the real journey it doesn’t involve him already.

mine is not as bad as urs... i kanna 2 female gynae so rough with me i don’t like... is like hello that’s my V k! pain one ley

Hi, my experiences with Dr Tan HH from kkh is quite good. He is knowledgeable and friendly too. Although sometimes his consultation can be quite fast as he has alot of patients. But he is firm of what we should do next and we just go according to his suggestion.
i’m more naughty, i challenge him hahaha!!! he ask me put one embryo i bargain for 2

Hello! Thank you for your reply. But I attended the briefing already, now awaiting for cycle to start IVF this month... Ok. I shall call and ask... By any chance, anyone here has any experience with Dr. Jerry chan with IVF before?
Hi, I’m with Jerry Chan as well.
So far I’ve only had a few sessions with him.
Why are you thinking of changing?
Tmr I’m going for the briefing to start ivf in May.

feeling v down.. started to have pinkish discharge n have been having cramps, already 10 dp2dt .. too late for implantation. I know it’s a bfn again, which means got to restart the jabs again. Sigh why is this ttc journey so tough?!

Hi, I’m with Jerry Chan as well.
So far I’ve only had a few sessions with him.
Why are you thinking of changing?
Tmr I’m going for the briefing to start ivf in May.
Hi, don get me wrong.. I'm not saying he is not good... But I only met him once and I'm set for IVF this cycle alrd. So not much interactions. But I see the "marketing" for dr. THH is overwhelming with good reviews so I tot, since I'm still neutral, I might as well try the one with good feedbacks... Maybe dr. Jerry chan's patients also have good reviews but they didn't join this forum to share? Hahahaha

Normally do ppl need to have a few visits with the doctor before the start of the process? Coz I only had an appt w him once and went for the briefing and was told can start this cycle. I was referred to Dr. Jerry chan by Dr. S F Loh from TFC...

I agreed that sgh CARE nurses are very good and caring.

Me under dr hema. She seems always too busy (emergency and so on) During ER and ET, nurses prepared everything nicely for her and have to call her few times to tell her that patient and everything is ready. Waiting for her to “appear”. I wondered if CARE is overloaded with too many patients....

This friday is blood test. 2ww is so long. Transfer two 2d embryo. I feel very tempted to test at home. not sure if i can accept seeing single line again.
I feel the CARE overload with patients is like got season one. This 2wks when I go like not many ppl. Usually near long weekend very pack. Alot patients been schedule appointments before long weekend.

Just wait for blood test. Don't later give your own self false disappointed for nothing.

Last edited:
I think it's true that Dr Jerry Chan is very "cold", or rather clinical. He is very soft spoken and will not offer extra information unless you ask him specifically e.g. he said I seem to have quite few follicles, borderline AMH, but he wouldn't offer the numbers and figures unless I ask for it. He also did not address my low follicle count until I asked him specifically if it was cause for concern, and he explained that my AMH was low to begin with and he already gave me quite a large stims dose but the first time is always trial and error. I don't think you can expect comforting words from him.

For now it's still my first time, and I'm a subsidised patient not keen on queueing again, so I am comfortable with his style. I just do a lot of reading up on my own and really need to think of what I want to ask him.

feeling v down.. started to have pinkish discharge n have been having cramps, already 10 dp2dt .. too late for implantation. I know it’s a bfn again, which means got to restart the jabs again. Sigh why is this ttc journey so tough?!
jiayou! if u hear my full story u will know... ur journey is not the toughest... hang in there

Wait for your beta result, dont lose hope yet.. i know its tough most of us here have been dissappointed many times. Hope for the best for u..

Hi, don get me wrong.. I'm not saying he is not good... But I only met him once and I'm set for IVF this cycle alrd. So not much interactions. But I see the "marketing" for dr. THH is overwhelming with good reviews so I tot, since I'm still neutral, I might as well try the one with good feedbacks... Maybe dr. Jerry chan's patients also have good reviews but they didn't join this forum to share? Hahahaha

Normally do ppl need to have a few visits with the doctor before the start of the process? Coz I only had an appt w him once and went for the briefing and was told can start this cycle. I was referred to Dr. Jerry chan by Dr. S F Loh from TFC...
That’s true, the other doctors definitely seem to get much better reviews.
I guess the number of visits is case by case before being able to start.

I agree with @PCLC on the comments.
He is a person of little words.
At the beginning I was a little frustrated as well as he offered very little information.
So I just read up more to be ready to ask him the right questions to get the information needed.

Right now I’m just really looking forward to tmr’s briefing and to start with ivf next month.
Although i believe the right doctor is key, i keep telling myself in the end it comes down to quality of sperm and egg.

Let’s stay positive and believe it will happen for all of us!

When are you schedule to start with the injections?

Wait for your beta result, dont lose hope yet.. i know its tough most of us here have been dissappointed many times. Hope for the best for u..

Thank you, the symptoms r exactly like what I experienced during my fresh hence not v hopeful .. right now I think I need to take a break n improve my egg quality first before starting another fresh cycle. If not also end up the same result

That’s true, the other doctors definitely seem to get much better reviews.
I guess the number of visits is case by case before being able to start.

I agree with @PCLC on the comments.
He is a person of little words.
At the beginning I was a little frustrated as well as he offered very little information.
So I just read up more to be ready to ask him the right questions to get the information needed.

Right now I’m just really looking forward to tmr’s briefing and to start with ivf next month.
Although i believe the right doctor is key, i keep telling myself in the end it comes down to quality of sperm and egg.

Let’s stay positive and believe it will happen for all of us!

When are you schedule to start with the injections?
I'm scheduled to start in April cycle...so I'm abit curious if we were to only meet the doctor once, how will he know how much dosage for the injections I need or...?

My first meeting was a very general one. Check AMH and did a blood test for antibodies. How will he know how much dosage to prescribe? Or will it be prescribed by any other doc when I go collect my injectables?

By the way, my AMH is 6.4 but I seen other ppl posting index over 50. Am I way too low?

I'm scheduled to start in April cycle...so I'm abit curious if we were to only meet the doctor once, how will he know how much dosage for the injections I need or...?

My first meeting was a very general one. Check AMH and did a blood test for antibodies. How will he know how much dosage to prescribe? Or will it be prescribed by any other doc when I go collect my injectables?

By the way, my AMH is 6.4 but I seen other ppl posting index over 50. Am I way too low?

Don't worry too much. They will adjust the dosage accordingly when they do the scan each round. If you are reacting to the stimulation then dosage remain otherwise they will increase it.
Now your job is to let your mind mentally relax and eat healthy. Increase your protein diet too. The rest let DR worry.

Very good questions, which are on my mind too. I will try to find out as much as possible tomorrow and will share in case I have more information.

My count seems very low too. JC mentioned that in a side comment.
When i pressed further on this point, he further explained that due to the fact I’m still relatively young, he hopes my count to be higher and it was just that cycle in particular.

Did he advise you to take any supplements?

Try to relax until your cycle start and stay positive!

Nah I think 6.4 is a good number for ovarian reserves. Comparatively mine is 1.6 at 29 yo, which is borderline. Had to focus on producing really good quality eggs.

Edit: for reference, Dr Jerry prescribed me 300iu menopur a day and I guess he might up it if I go for another fresh cycle. I got 7 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilised.

Don't worry too much. They will adjust the dosage accordingly when they do the scan each round. If you are reacting to the stimulation then dosage remain otherwise they will increase it.
Now your job is to let your mind mentally relax and eat healthy. Increase your protein diet too. The rest let DR worry.
Nah I think 6.4 is a good number for ovarian reserves. Comparatively mine is 1.6 at 29 yo, which is borderline. Had to focus on producing really good quality eggs.

Edit: for reference, Dr Jerry prescribed me 300iu menopur a day and I guess he might up it if I go for another fresh cycle. I got 7 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilised.
Yea! Trying hard to relax! Haha

No he did not ask me to take any supplements nor did he ask wad supplements I'm taking...

My AMH is 6.4 and I'm gg 33 this year...

No he did not ask me to take any supplements nor did he ask wad supplements I'm taking...

to giv u hope, i’m gg 34 this yr... don’t bother about numbers, dr will do their job... just relax... rest... watch comedy... that’s hw i go thru my whole cycle... i didn’t take any special supplements...

33yr old is still young.

Stay positive, I try ivf at 37yr old. With my age there is still chance, you are so much younger.

Getai Liu Ling Ling succeed her IVF at age 50, so age is not main issue.

Just relax, stay positive, don't think abt it too much and enjoy comedy.

I’m the same age with similar numbers.

All the best for the upcoming cycle! Keep us posted!

i’m slapped with the most unexpected, yes got hcg lvl, hpt positive, tdy bt? result came back very low, beds to retest on friday, preparing for the worst. wishing the little one stay, wishing for miracle , wishing i could have just one more chance.

i’m slapped with the most unexpected, yes got hcg lvl, hpt positive, tdy bt? result came back very low, beds to retest on friday, preparing for the worst. wishing the little one stay, wishing for miracle , wishing i could have just one more chance.

I'm so sorry to hear this Lalamoo. I am praying for you here.

What was your hcg lvl?
Mine was 17 and just did retest today came back negative .. prob Chemical pregnancy for me.
Hope ur hcg levels continue to increase.
If you have no spotting yet, should be ok i think.
Good luck!

What was your hcg lvl?
Mine was 17 and just did retest today came back negative .. prob Chemical pregnancy for me.
Hope ur hcg levels continue to increase.
If you have no spotting yet, should be ok i think.
Good luck!
no spotting nothing. haizzzzzzzz

the waiting game is killing, 2ww is enough, this is my 5th ivf... god need to play me out like that a not... i read that even dbl up, need to continue bt till it reach over 1000...

the waiting game is killing, 2ww is enough, this is my 5th ivf... god need to play me out like that a not... i read that even dbl up, need to continue bt till it reach over 1000...
Lalamoo, I feel you... for me, each time for my chemicals, I go toilet I see spotting I teared.. it's heartbreaking... then finally the flow comes, back to reality... We gotta be strong! Almost all the gynea I went to say it's just pure bad luck! Shoooooo bad luck! Good luck come to us! Hope for the best for you dear!

hi all, i will be starting my ivf next month. Will anyone be able to advise the type of food that we are recommended to take thru out the ivf cycle? eg red dates longan tea during the 2ww etc. Thanks in advance for sharing! :)

hi all, i will be starting my ivf next month. Will anyone be able to advise the type of food that we are recommended to take thru out the ivf cycle? eg red dates longan tea during the 2ww etc. Thanks in advance for sharing! :)

2 - 3 eggs white per day and maybe if possible black soya milk.
Try to consume more fishes (omega 3) as part of your meal.

Lalamoo, I feel you... for me, each time for my chemicals, I go toilet I see spotting I teared.. it's heartbreaking... then finally the flow comes, back to reality... We gotta be strong! Almost all the gynea I went to say it's just pure bad luck! Shoooooo bad luck! Good luck come to us! Hope for the best for you dear!
Tell me about it... my period came even before 2ww was up.. I’m like seriously? I’m out of the game even before BT lol. When i tried conceiving naturally i still lasted one week after period due date. Now with gd quality embryo implanted and all these pg supplements.. i fared even worse haha. And what’s worse even with full flow period my hcg still came back with 17. It’s just really wanting to prolong my agony.

Tbh I don’t think taking any special foods will have an impact on your success. There are too many factors involved. Of course don’t do stupid things like drink alcohol and smoke. Even then there are many ppl who don’t realize they are pregnant and continue having wine or beer and they still conceived successfully. I was drinking 3 cups of coffee a day and flying every week for work and only got chemicsl pregnancies when ttc naturally. I completely stopped business trips for 1.5 mths and stopped caffeine for ivf but also ended up in chemical pregnancy.

So i think don’t stress yourself too much over what to eat n what not to eat.

After what seemed like forever, i finally completed 28 days of BC and got my AF today. Which means it’s FET time soon. I just got some blood taken and will start the next course of meds on Sun. It doesn’t seem like i will need to do any injections this time round. Is this the NUH way?

Also, does anyone know when the labs are closing and till when?

After what seemed like forever, i finally completed 28 days of BC and got my AF today. Which means it’s FET time soon. I just got some blood taken and will start the next course of meds on Sun. It doesn’t seem like i will need to do any injections this time round. Is this the NUH way?

Also, does anyone know when the labs are closing and till when?
Lab closure 27/04-06/05.
How many progynova will you take per day?

For SGH they require weekly blood test till complete 1st trimester.
So every week after poke I just pray everything goes well.

Suggest this few days bed rest don't move let it stable.

Back