IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday went for my check up and turns out my 1st IUI failed. Doc suggested us to try for another 2 more rounds. Asked my hb to trying taking PROFERTIL but he has tried b4 continous for 3 months but it didnt helped to improve his quality.. quite confuse dont know to take again or not.

I googled but couldn’t find the vitamin breakdown in it. I think you shld compare the quantity of the vitamins in there. Also, I see that it is in a capsule, sometimes men has digestion issue (esp as they get older) and the vitamins cannot be absorbed properly (not 100% absorbed). So.. my husband has morphology and motility issue.. we were using tablets but it didn’t change much (my husband has bad digestion, the older u get the lower your digestion).. after I switched to liquid form (matched to previous tablet quantity) which is easier to digest, his sperm improved (motility from like 17% to 50%, he had sluggish his majority are rapid) (morphology from 3 to 7). He took liquid for 2 months. The good thing abt men, they regenerate sperm everyday so any vitamins will react very quickly... not like us women, every 90 days for an egg to grow..

I googled but couldn’t find the vitamin breakdown in it. I think you shld compare the quantity of the vitamins in there. Also, I see that it is in a capsule, sometimes men has digestion issue (esp as they get older) and the vitamins cannot be absorbed properly (not 100% absorbed). So.. my husband has morphology and motility issue.. we were using tablets but it didn’t change much (my husband has bad digestion, the older u get the lower your digestion).. after I switched to liquid form (matched to previous tablet quantity) which is easier to digest, his sperm improved (motility from like 17% to 50%, he had sluggish his majority are rapid) (morphology from 3 to 7). He took liquid for 2 months. The good thing abt men, they regenerate sperm everyday so any vitamins will react very quickly... not like us women, every 90 days for an egg to grow..

My hb did complain that after taking the supplements he always feel very thirsty which we dont understand too, should I open up the capsule and pour the contents in his drinks for him to drink, do you think that will help? He has digestion issues also but so fat i didnt hear him complaining abt digestions just only thirsty that can like last him the whole day..

My hb did complain that after taking the supplements he always feel very thirsty which we dont understand too, should I open up the capsule and pour the contents in his drinks for him to drink, do you think that will help? He has digestion issues also but so fat i didnt hear him complaining abt digestions just only thirsty that can like last him the whole day..
I think it will be damn difficult to drink . But if he can tahan then ok la. Mind sharing the ingredients at the back? I couldn’t find it online. There are some specific nutrients that the sperm needs so I just wanted to see if it’s in there. Digestion issue is very common for adults so maybe you might want to consider liquid? My husband has zero issues with liquid vitamins and liquid has higher absorbency rate.

As my hb is also drinking protein supplements that is why I am thinking if it is possible to add in the contents of the capsule.
41olEDdA3-L._AC_US40_.jpg
Not sure if you can see I attach the photo here.... Can you share what type of liquid vitamins your hb is taking?

As my hb is also drinking protein supplements that is why I am thinking if it is possible to add in the contents of the capsule. View attachment 725495 Not sure if you can see I attach the photo here.... Can you share what type of liquid vitamins your hb is taking?
Can’t see the pic. So here’s the thing abt my husband, he is very picky with food. He doesn’t eat vegetables (like zero), only takes a few types of fruits and sleeps like 5-6 hours a day. So we had to use supplements to boost his motility and morphology. He used to eat shit load of McDonald’s and drink coke everyday (he stopped) and with these vitamins, managed to improve a lot.

https://www.maryruthorganics.com/co...itamin-essentials-32oz?variant=29889060962401 (takes recommended dosage)

https://www.maryruthorganics.com/pr...kin-nail-strength-energy-boost-dna-production (takes recommended dosage)

https://www.maryruthorganics.com/products/liquid-zinc-4-oz (takes half dosage cuz multivit has some zinc)

He takes vit D from VivoLife which I don’t think your hubby will need cuz SG has sun everyday. We only get sun like half a year and half a year it’s winter. Just ask him to stand in the sun 15 mins everyday.

There is Black Friday sale now! 25% off entire order.

Can’t see the pic. So here’s the thing abt my husband, he is very picky with food. He doesn’t eat vegetables (like zero), only takes a few types of fruits and sleeps like 5-6 hours a day. So we had to use supplements to boost his motility and morphology. He used to eat shit load of McDonald’s and drink coke everyday (he stopped) and with these vitamins, managed to improve a lot.

https://www.maryruthorganics.com/co...itamin-essentials-32oz?variant=29889060962401 (takes recommended dosage)

https://www.maryruthorganics.com/pr...kin-nail-strength-energy-boost-dna-production (takes recommended dosage)

https://www.maryruthorganics.com/products/liquid-zinc-4-oz (takes half dosage cuz multivit has some zinc)

There is Black Friday sale now! 25% off entire order.
Lol same like my hb who loves to eat MCdonalds almost every week now I cut him down to once a month or 2 months once. But my hb drinks a lot of water he is not really picky about food except for Salmon, Oysters which are the good ones... 91z+M+C1SVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hi gals, may i ask how many times did u do iui before conceiving? I conceived on my first try but miscarried... and i failed my 2nd iui. Getting very disheartened and impatient. Or how many iui did you do before going on to ivf? Thank you.

Hi gals, may i ask how many times did u do iui before conceiving? I conceived on my first try but miscarried... and i failed my 2nd iui. Getting very disheartened and impatient. Or how many iui did you do before going on to ivf? Thank you.
Only 1 IUI. When I found out the rates were really crappy and my husband doesn’t have a huge number of motile rapid + meh morphology, we moved straightaway to IVF. You wouldn’t want to waste your medisave or $ on IUI. Out of 10 of our friends (and friends of friends) who did IUI, only 1 succeeded. Many of them wasted $ to try like 2-3 times.

Did you find out the reason for miscarriage?

Only 1 IUI. When I found out the rates were really crappy and my husband doesn’t have a huge number of motile rapid + meh morphology, we moved straightaway to IVF. You wouldn’t want to waste your medisave or $ on IUI. Out of 10 of our friends (and friends of friends) who did IUI, only 1 succeeded. Many of them wasted $ to try like 2-3 times.

SO how many cycle did you succed for IVF?

Mine was blighted ovum, doc said is due to chromosome abnormalities. I miscarried at 8 weeks

Lol same like my hb who loves to eat MCdonalds almost every week now I cut him down to once a month or 2 months once. But my hb drinks a lot of water he is not really picky about food except for Salmon, Oysters which are the good ones... View attachment 725499
Does have some of the impt ingredients in it but not the active form that’s easily absorbed. For instance, instead of folic acid, folate is the active form. For CoQ10, Ubiquinol is the active form. It is also missing all the other important B vitamins and selenium. I’m not a doc so I can’t recommend but in my opinion, the supplement abv seems very little. My HB drinks a lot of water too, doesn’t smoke, doesn’t drink. And because I stopped using all the harmful cleaning chemicals, I’m pretty sure it helps him too. He is banned from McDonald’s but did have a couple of cheat meals in the last 3 mths. Most of the time it’s home cooked since we are all wfh. I live in the US so no hawker center food too.

Hi! I will like to know if anyone has done so-iui before and with high AMH? Nurse mentioned that i will need a longer duration for injections due to this condition. Just wanna know based on your experiences, what’s the average duration i.e 15 days of injections etc. thanks in advance!

Just got my test results for first Iui. Its negative. Kindda expected bcoz i had no symptoms wat so ever during tww. Now just waiting for AF to come. Should i try IUI again or jump straight to IVF?

Hi! I will like to know if anyone has done so-iui before and with high AMH? Nurse mentioned that i will need a longer duration for injections due to this condition. Just wanna know based on your experiences, what’s the average duration i.e 15 days of injections etc. thanks in advance!
How high is it? I think the reason is to why find out why it is high and what are the purpose of the injections? I reckon they are not the same drugs?

Just got my test results for first Iui. Its negative. Kindda expected bcoz i had no symptoms wat so ever during tww. Now just waiting for AF to come. Should i try IUI again or jump straight to IVF?
I guess that all depends on why it failed? We decided to skip IUI after the first failure because it was a male factor (< 5 mil motile). Even after venturing into IVF, you may find more problems. It’s probably best to question your doctor more before making a decision.

Hi everyone. I just need some insights regarding IUI. Just a bit of background. I miscarried twice last year (june and november). I fell pregnant right after our first try on my first pregnancy ( ended up blighted ovum) and 2nd try on my second pregnancy( lost heartbeat at 9weeks). I assume that is considered pretty fast??
After my 2 MCs, we had test and mine came back normal. However my husbands SA result show only 1% morphology and the rest are good. My gynae recommends IUI. Im reasearching and reading regarding our case, and Im actually asking if IUI is really for our case. I appreciate all comment on this. Thank you

Hi everyone. I just need some insights regarding IUI. Just a bit of background. I miscarried twice last year (june and november). I fell pregnant right after our first try on my first pregnancy ( ended up blighted ovum) and 2nd try on my second pregnancy( lost heartbeat at 9weeks). I assume that is considered pretty fast??
After my 2 MCs, we had test and mine came back normal. However my husbands SA result show only 1% morphology and the rest are good. My gynae recommends IUI. Im reasearching and reading regarding our case, and Im actually asking if IUI is really for our case. I appreciate all comment on this. Thank you

Any symptoms for your 2nd pregnancy before u MC? Before 9wks is there sac/yolk Or heartbeat?

Any symptoms for your 2nd pregnancy before u MC? Before 9wks is there sac/yolk Or heartbeat?

Hello. yes, we had TV ultrasound at 7w and there's heartbeat. 2nd appointment is 9w+ and heartbeat was gone. no symptoms at all. no bleeding, no pain. I'm still having my morning sickness that time so i was clueless that baby loss the heartbeat already. and i was on progesterone.

Hello. yes, we had TV ultrasound at 7w and there's heartbeat. 2nd appointment is 9w+ and heartbeat was gone. no symptoms at all. no bleeding, no pain. I'm still having my morning sickness that time so i was clueless that baby loss the heartbeat already. and i was on progesterone.

Sorry to hear about your lost. I did 1 time iui before but unsuccessful. My hub sperm same as ur hub case. I dont see u got issue of getting preg. Maybe you can try tcm to tiao ur body 1st before going for IUI or try naturally.

Sorry to hear about your lost. I did 1 time iui before but unsuccessful. My hub sperm same as ur hub case. I dont see u got issue of getting preg. Maybe you can try tcm to tiao ur body 1st before going for IUI or try naturally.

yes we did TCM. we stopped when we got pregnant. we are planning to go back again. I also believe we are still ok on conceiving given that we conceive twice in short time. thats y dont know if IUI is for us :( . i read article saying that there no proven correlation between misshaped sperm that fertilised egg and miscarriage. i dont know if that applies to all.

yes we did TCM. we stopped when we got pregnant. we are planning to go back again. I also believe we are still ok on conceiving given that we conceive twice in short time. thats y dont know if IUI is for us :( . i read article saying that there no proven correlation between misshaped sperm that fertilised egg and miscarriage. i dont know if that applies to all.

What ur tcm doc advice? Normally people go for iui is for urgency (eg can't wait to get preg) or hard to conceive. I feel you can still try naturally before u head for IUI. Iui not 100% will get pregnant also.

What test did u do after your 2 mcs? I suppose it is to check on killer cells and all these, and not the usual blood tests, right?

What test did u do after your 2 mcs? I suppose it is to check on killer cells and all these, and not the usual blood tests, right?

Hello.i actually not sure about the NK cell. Dr Kowa made me test ANA Titre, pattern anti dsdna and Index, lupus, thyroid. He said no need to test amh and fsh as i am ovulating normally. I remember I did ask him if i should be tested for NK cell. But cant remember the answer he gave me, its not on my test report. Since he did not sent me to test that, Im not sure if I should be tested. But no harm to get my self test right? Is that something that i need Doctors recco? Or Can I just schedule my self to get test done in the Lab and bring the result with me on my next visit?

What ur tcm doc advice? Normally people go for iui is for urgency (eg can't wait to get preg) or hard to conceive. I feel you can still try naturally before u head for IUI. Iui not 100% will get pregnant also.

I havnt returned yet. Schedule this coming saturday.

Hi all, I'm in my mid cycle & waiting to have IUI done. Just wondering, are we allowed to take part in physical activities like aqua aerobics after IUI?

Hello.i actually not sure about the NK cell. Dr Kowa made me test ANA Titre, pattern anti dsdna and Index, lupus, thyroid. He said no need to test amh and fsh as i am ovulating normally. I remember I did ask him if i should be tested for NK cell. But cant remember the answer he gave me, its not on my test report. Since he did not sent me to test that, Im not sure if I should be tested. But no harm to get my self test right? Is that something that i need Doctors recco? Or Can I just schedule my self to get test done in the Lab and bring the result with me on my next visit?
Maybe you can speak to him and see if he cab also test u on that? At the same time, u can also ask him lie y he thinks it is not essential. Good luck!!

Hi all, I'm in my mid cycle & waiting to have IUI done. Just wondering, are we allowed to take part in physical activities like aqua aerobics after IUI?
Wouldnt do that if im in your position, to play safe. U hv to spend for iui, so better to play safe.

Hi all,

I've decided to try doing SO-IUI for my Feb cycle. Been on clomid for 5 cycles. 2nd cycle ended up as an ectopic pregnancy and did not have any good news from then on.

Have had a fallopian tube removed but doctor is optimistic about me going the SO-IUI route, she tell us not to jump straight into IVF as we are in late 20s only.

However after reading this post, feels like SO-IUI haven't been too successful for most ppl. Anyone managed to conceive from SO-IUI?

i rmmbred the nurse who assisted my doc during the procedure day. She said avoid swimming soaking in bath tub during the 48hrs. But can do normal activities like walking. Avoid vigorous activity.

Hello, I did 3 IUIs (none with stim injections, just ultrasound and ovidrel trigger shot) and these are the cost:
1st IUI: $1218.65 (including a blood test for Thalassameia, Amenorrhoea, Thyroid, AMH and Fertility Infection)
2nd IUI: $927.65
3rd IUI: $1055.60 (this is a Clomid cycle. In addition, I was given Duphaston and my husb given Q10 tablets).

Better to use cash. Keep the govt funding for IVF.
Hi, I know this is an old post but Im just wondering are all these cost includes consultation & monitoring (scan)? Thanks

Hi, can you share how much the cost total? Including scans & consultation. TIA!

hi i did mine at kkh so-iui.Completed the entire procedure last week with negative blood test. Bills came in after that. Total was $2.6k (inclusive of meds, scans, consultation, procedure day). Govt has some grants that we can use. So after govt subsidized, we paid 1.3k via medisave and abt $200 cash (for registration and beta hcg blood test).

hi i did mine at kkh so-iui.Completed the entire procedure last week with negative blood test. Bills came in after that. Total was $2.6k (inclusive of meds, scans, consultation, procedure day). Govt has some grants that we can use. So after govt subsidized, we paid 1.3k via medisave and abt $200 cash (for registration and beta hcg blood test).
Thanks! And Im sorry for the negative blood test. Have you tried natural IUI? I was wondering whats the protocol would be like. My doctor suggested natural as Im ovulating on my own.

Hi everyone. Do anyone here had experience multiple failures via ivf but success with IUI? Can share your experience. ?

How was the daily injection? Bearable? Any side effects? I'm waiting for menses to come before trying.

yes bearable. It took alot of courage to self inject but once you start the first you will be ok. My side effects came after the Ovidrel. Cramps daily even until now (still within the 2ww).

Sorry to hear about the negative results. I am also with KKH. May I know how long it takes for KKH to call to update about the results after the preg blood test? My test is tmr.

HI All, I have just ended my 3 cycles of failed IUIs.. ended in Jan been thru the emotion roller coaster..now we are taking a break of all meds & injections for my body to rest and relax our mind too. IVF sound so scary for me I am not sure if I am ready for it so in the mean time, we shall still try naturally 1st. Or maybe i will just leave it to god .. I wish everyone here the best all good news will arrive for everyone here!

HI All, I have just ended my 3 cycles of failed IUIs.. ended in Jan been thru the emotion roller coaster..now we are taking a break of all meds & injections for my body to rest and relax our mind too. IVF sound so scary for me I am not sure if I am ready for it so in the mean time, we shall still try naturally 1st. Or maybe i will just leave it to god .. I wish everyone here the best all good news will arrive for everyone here!

hi, did u try SO-IUI or just normal IUI? The former will increase the no of follicles = increased chance of pregnancy

On which Cycle days will be the procedure for IUI? The earliest and the latest day?

i don’t think there’s a fixed date. It depends on when your lining is ard 7-8mm and follicles size at least ard 15mm. I had to abort 1 cycle because these were not of ideal size.

Hi ladies, I have some crinone from my iui - 7 sticks actually, that expires in 2022.
Pm me if you need. Can just give me a token sum (pantang lol). Baby dust to all!

*update - given away :) *

IMG_20210228_101314.jpg

Last edited:

i don’t think there’s a fixed date. It depends on when your lining is ard 7-8mm and follicles size at least ard 15mm. I had to abort 1 cycle because these were not of ideal size.
For mine normally was on the day 12 to check eggs sizes at least 15mm then day 13 IUI procedure. For mine, medications work well on me all 3 times my eggs size were good got 1 time it even grow to about 19mm but still it failed...

Back