IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

For ladies who have done IUI. How many times did you have to go in for scans? I went in 4 times for follicle scans before the actual IUI. I thought that was a bit much and every consultation cost $250++ (we went to a private doctor) so that really added up.

It varies but 4-6 times is expected I think. I also dreaded going so many times as I don’t stay near the hosp and have to keep taking Mc or time off from work, quite disruptive. Luckily I “graduated” after my third try.

For ladies who have done IUI. How many times did you have to go in for scans? I went in 4 times for follicle scans before the actual IUI. I thought that was a bit much and every consultation cost $250++ (we went to a private doctor) so that really added up.

Anyone taking SO-IUI/IVF under KKH? Please share yr experiences here. Thanks.

I had my SO IUI done in 2019 with no success but I document everything i did and pay during these period at KKH. Hope this helps!

After my 1st IUI failed, i went straight to IVF. #2 IVF is a success and currently 28 weeks 3 days pregnant. IUI is really a hassle as u need to go scans every alternate days.

Hi all, currently at early pregnancy (week 6-7) via IUI though NUH. Would like to switch to private doctor (e.g. Mt A).

Please advise at which week we should switch?
Any considerations we should be mindful of?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, the doctor will ask you if you have another gynae to go in mind and then she will prepare the necessary docs for your gynae outside. KKH will advise accordingly. Nothing to take note, don’t worry so much.

Hi all, currently at early pregnancy (week 6-7) via IUI though NUH. Would like to switch to private doctor (e.g. Mt A).

Please advise at which week we should switch?
Any considerations we should be mindful of?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm thinking of going iui in May.
Any thing I need to know or do before hand?
Had consultation at SGH so might call for CARE baseline scan next cycle.
But I'm also thinking of trying Virtus.

Any review or thoughts to share?

Been ttc for 3years and never successful

Hi dear I have done 5 IUIs in total.
From natural IUI to IUI with clomid, then IUI with letrozole and finally SO-IUI

I will say, the success rate are pretty slim but it’s no harm giving it a try. Once or twice. It will also be a good indication of how badly you need an IVF.

I do feel that IUI it’s ok to do it SGH, as it’s minimal lab work involved. No need to go to Virtus yet. Virtus is not cheap for IUI as compared to SGH.

I’m with Virtus currently for 2 IVFS :)
Thank You for your reply!
Chances are slim for me due to low ovarian reserve and endometriosis.
But I don't know if I'm brave like u to go thru injections n etc for ivf.
Noting that dr alrdy say my chances are super low, I didn't want to put my body thru that and ended up with nothing.

This journey is really not as easy as we hoped. You are really brave to go thru 2ivf!

Baby dust to you! Really wish u success!

Thank You for your reply!
Chances are slim for me due to low ovarian reserve and endometriosis.
But I don't know if I'm brave like u to go thru injections n etc for ivf.
Noting that dr alrdy say my chances are super low, I didn't want to put my body thru that and ended up with nothing.

This journey is really not as easy as we hoped. You are really brave to go thru 2ivf!

Baby dust to you! Really wish u success!

Same to you!! Jiayou!

Hi I took the HCG jab with clomid to stimulate.. I am now looking at IVF
Hi Everyone,
Just to share I had my 1st doc visit for IVF @ KKH yesterday seeing Doc Chua, both of us had to do blood test and already cost me $500++ including some meds for my Hb. Schedule to do IVF in June.. anyone has any tips for me?

Hi we are looking for IUI with Dr. Geraldine Tan of TMC. She has been quite good as a regular gynae but not many reviews online regarding IUI. Please let me know your reviews regarding IUI with her

Hi! I'm new here. Going for our first IUI consultation with SMG clinic this coming monday. Anyone had any experience with them? Any difference doing IUI at private clinic and KKH?

Hi! I'm new here. Going for our first IUI consultation with SMG clinic this coming monday. Anyone had any experience with them? Any difference doing IUI at private clinic and KKH?
Hi! Im not sure about private clinic & what their protocols are cos I did my IUI at NUH last january. Mine was unmedicated as I ovulate on my own. They did a scan on CD12 to check my follicles and schedule when I can do the trigger shot and also when will be the IUI itself. Its a very fast procedure like 5 mins and youre done.
Goodluck & baby dust to you!!

Hmm.. i ovulate on my own too. Period regular. Turning 36 this year. Maybe that's why abit difficult ttc. Decided to do IUI. All the best to you too!

Hmm.. i ovulate on my own too. Period regular. Turning 36 this year. Maybe that's why abit difficult ttc. Decided to do IUI. All the best to you too!
Agree that age is a factor. My 1st child was conceived naturally 6 years ago.
I am turning 37 this year, but managed to conceive with 3rd cycle of IUI, looking forward to offload in Oct this year for my second child. Have faith that miracles do appear.

Baby dust to you all!

Hi
I am on the IUI journey too.
Started on the 1st cycle this month.
Hi! Just went for my appt yesterday. Dr prescribed Clomid and recommended to ttc naturally this cycle since US TA/TV looks normal. AF first day today. Can start on Clomid tomorrow. Best of luck to you!

Hi! Just went for my appt yesterday. Dr prescribed Clomid and recommended to ttc naturally this cycle since US TA/TV looks normal. AF first day today. Can start on Clomid tomorrow. Best of luck to you!
Thank you, and all the best too!
I was prescribed Letrozole, and went for a scan on D11/12 before getting a trigger shot and going for the actual IUI procedure.

Like you, my ovulation is normal, and menstrual cycles are regular and we are generally healthy.
I am already in my late 30s so I can relate to the TTC difficulties that are due to age.

EE9B8590-A099-442C-BDA0-A0371EDDA526.png

DCC7A46E-F573-4096-9219-3F1E9AC8E1A1.jpeg

For those with husb’s swimmers not doing too well, I highly recommend these from iHerb.

We did our 1st SOIUI in March 2021, and it failed. My husb post wash was bare minimum of 1mil.

Then we chanced upon these supplements and thought no harm trying. He consumed less than 2 weeks before we did our 2nd SOIUI in May 2021. His post wash increased significantly of 9mil. Needlesstosay, It was a success alhamdullilah. The nurse called few hours after the compulsory blood test on 24/05/21 and confirmed it was a positive.

i don’t know if this will help but thought we would share our experience.

Looking forward to our first scan next monday.

View attachment 729275
For those with husb’s swimmers not doing too well, I highly recommend these from iHerb.

We did our 1st SOIUI in March 2021, and it failed. My husb post wash was bare minimum of 1mil.

Then we chanced upon these supplements and thought no harm trying. He consumed less than 2 weeks before we did our 2nd SOIUI in May 2021. His post wash increased significantly of 9mil. Needlesstosay, It was a success alhamdullilah. The nurse called few hours after the compulsory blood test on 24/05/21 and confirmed it was a positive.

Alhamdulillah.. congrats sis! Please pray for us too. Today's my 2nd follicle tracking scan. Hopefully it reaches a good size to trigger ovulation.

View attachment 729275

Congratulations!
I am still on the TWW. :eek:

View attachment 729275

Thanks for sharing! Can I ask which gynae and hosp you went for SO IUI?

I was prescribed Duphaston to be taken on CD23 for 7 days. Anyone gotten this meds before?
Hi Minx. I was prescribed Duphaston for 19 days to be taken right after my last SOIUI. With the positive blood test, doc gave me another 3 months’ supply. My 1st scan on Monday. Here’s to praying it’s at where it supposed to be.

Hi. I will be doing IUI in Jun 21. Doc arranged to scan my follicle on D14 which is a Friday afternoon. If the size is good, will have the trigger shot on that day and do IUI on Sat morning since the clinic is only opened till early afternoon on Sat and closed on Sunday. I have read some of the IUI procedures that ovulation will be 36h after the trigger shot. If I do the trigger shot on Friday afternoon, will it be too early to do IUI on Sat morning as it is less than 24 h from the trigger shot? Usually how long after the trigger shot, will the IUI be carried out? Thanks.

Hi Minx. I was prescribed Duphaston for 19 days to be taken right after my last SOIUI. With the positive blood test, doc gave me another 3 months’ supply. My 1st scan on Monday. Here’s to praying it’s at where it supposed to be.
I see... today's my 7dpo. Had cramps and backache around 4-5dpo around the pelvic area. Besides that, no other symptoms. TWW feels like forever..

Hi Minx, may I know which clinic under SMG did u go to? Am thinking of booking a consultation with them. Thanks!

Agree that age is a factor. My 1st child was conceived naturally 6 years ago.
I am turning 37 this year, but managed to conceive with 3rd cycle of IUI, looking forward to offload in Oct this year for my second child. Have faith that miracles do appear.

Baby dust to you all!
I’m also 37 this year and conceived my 1st child naturally 5 years ago. Been trying for #2 for almost 2 years now and just did my first IUI. My menses is very reguler, hsg test is fine. Hubby sperm test is also quite good. Which is even more frustrating because we don’t know where is wrong. I guess it’s just age.

Hi. I will be doing IUI in Jun 21. Doc arranged to scan my follicle on D14 which is a Friday afternoon. If the size is good, will have the trigger shot on that day and do IUI on Sat morning since the clinic is only opened till early afternoon on Sat and closed on Sunday. I have read some of the IUI procedures that ovulation will be 36h after the trigger shot. If I do the trigger shot on Friday afternoon, will it be too early to do IUI on Sat morning as it is less than 24 h from the trigger shot? Usually how long after the trigger shot, will the IUI be carried out? Thanks.
I guess clinic operating hour is definitely a constraint. For my case, it was 41 hours. I had mine on Monday. After sperm preparation and commute to the clinic, it was already noon time. I didn’t even know about this whole 36 hours thingy, until I had my IUI. But I guess if you’ve chosen a doctor, you should trust his decision. Otherwise raise your concerns or switch to another doctor who you can trust more.

hi all, does anyone know if I did first IUI in private hospital, is that possible to switch to public hospital (KKH, NUH, SGH) with gov subsidy for following IUI or IVF? Appreciate your advice and share your experience if you did this before.

Hi @Mrs_Yan no i haven't. Should i wait for few more days?
The clinic never asked you to do blood test? They usually schedule beta test 14 days after IUI. I got my positive pregnancy test 11 days post trigger shot. Its already 20+ days for you so surely if you are pregnant it should be positive by now.

The clinic never asked you to do blood test? They usually schedule beta test 14 days after IUI. I got my positive pregnancy test 11 days post trigger shot. Its already 20+ days for you so surely if you are pregnant it should be positive by now.
My clinic only asked me to do my own test and then return for blood test if postive. But my test kits are negative so i thought my menses should come anytime.

My clinic only asked me to do my own test and then return for blood test if postive. But my test kits are negative so i thought my menses should come anytime.
Hmmm. Well I think you should still inform them of your situation so you know what your next step would be. You are obviously late of your period but also negative pregnancy test. They should or atleast your doctor should inform you of what to do next and the reason for the delay of your period. Did you call your clinic to inform them of your situation?

Thank you for your advice i feel alot better after hearing from you. I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms except my breast feel sore and at times have feet cramp. So i was thinking maybe to wait for my menses and take clomid for my next cycle. Ya now i really should give my clinic a call on Monday.

Hi RainbowStar, my doc didn't prescribe progesterone, and failed my iui menses came and now preparing for my 3rd iui in Nuh.
Hi zizilim, hugs!! Jiayou!! Im also planning to do So-iui this cycle. May i know your previous two times also in NUH? how was the experience?

Back