IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I wish you best of luck!!! Is it expensive ivf?
Thanks, same for you too.

Ivf is definitely more expensive than iui, but there are subsidies and medisave to help you with the finances. You will be scheduled for ivf briefing/counselling if you are embarking on the journey.

Just want to update you guys that my first SO IUI failed. My spotting came on day 27, e day before my BT. Wanted to start on IVF immediately on Day 2 but doctor said no go due to functional cyst. Now I'm taking the time to strengthen hubs and my body, hoping to start IVF next cycle. Happy for any tips and advice for the next 1 mth!
My doctors also recommended the Mediterranean diet - stay away from pork, beef and lamb... Only chicken and fish (low mercury fish 3x a week and wild or sustainably farmed). Lots of beans, legumes, fiber.. Attached the fish chart I have. Lots of water/liquid too! Cut on salt and sugar. I’m using a sugar substitute called monk fruit sugar (tastes just like sugar!!). And as mentioned in another post, start omega and prenatal vitamin now!

Attachments

• 8BC9ACB9-180B-4294-A084-0E40C0A13E59.png
    8BC9ACB9-180B-4294-A084-0E40C0A13E59.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 372
Not sure if it's appropriate to seek help here. Since cost is one of the key factors that couples consider while choosing doctors, im currently trying to consolidate costs from various clinics (both govt and private) so it will be easy reference for TTC couples going through IUI. I just did my IUI with Thomson doc Loh and would like to know the cost for other clinics!

Anyone kind enough to share their IUI cost please PM me thank you!

Instagram: @Cradleofallies

Hihi, how was your iui? Where did you do?
Hihi, so far ok.
I did it at CARE SGH.
Day 1 mense called the clinic to get appointment at O&G SGH on Day 3 to take blood test for FSH/LH/E2 (hormones test) and do ultrasound.
After that called CARE to get appointment for another ultrasound to check follicies. Mine was schedule to go down on Day 14 which was yesterday. My mense cycle is long around 36 to 39 days but to play safe, the nurse asked me go early to check then late in case missed the ovulation day.
Then i was prescribed a jab immediately to stimulate for ovulation and today I did my IUI in the morning.

Hihi, so far ok.
I did it at CARE SGH.
Day 1 mense called the clinic to get appointment at O&G SGH on Day 3 to take blood test for FSH/LH/E2 (hormones test) and do ultrasound.
After that called CARE to get appointment for another ultrasound to check follicies. Mine was schedule to go down on Day 14 which was yesterday. My mense cycle is long around 36 to 39 days but to play safe, the nurse asked me go early to check then late in case missed the ovulation day.
Then i was prescribed a jab immediately to stimulate for ovulation and today I did my IUI in the morning.
oh btw, im already a subsidy patient in SGH. CARE itself is actually private. but coz im already subsidy and was referred by my gynae in O&G so my price is different. My gynae is the Head of Department of O&G and CARE. PROF. Yong.
I was not on any medication for IUI. Natural. But today was told that actually my hb's sperm count is low. But they said still got chance I may get pregnant, so they go ahead to proceed the IUI.

Hihi, so far ok.
I did it at CARE SGH.
Cross fingers. I'm having my BETA test on the 14/10. Which me luck

Hi everyone! Just want to know what supplements should we be taking to increase the success rate while on so iui / iui/ ivf treatment? And perhaps can also share the recommended dietary with us? Thank you!

Trying for 3rd round of SO-UI currently. Its D10 and doc just scanned me and I have 8 follicles, doc seems OK to go ahead with the IUI but warned me there could be a risk of multiples. Should I be concerned? I read online that for above 4 follicles we should proceed with caution as multiples pregnancies are high risk to baby and also to the mother. Though we want a baby but we really do not wish for triplets etc.

Trying for 3rd round of SO-UI currently. Its D10 and doc just scanned me and I have 8 follicles, doc seems OK to go ahead with the IUI but warned me there could be a risk of multiples. Should I be concerned? I read online that for above 4 follicles we should proceed with caution as multiples pregnancies are high risk to baby and also to the mother. Though we want a baby but we really do not wish for triplets etc.

Are all the 8 follicles above 18mm? If yes, then abit risky. If out of the 8, only 3-4 above 18mm, then i think it should be fine

Ideally there should be only about 2 to 3 follicles above 18mm or above, usually if its alot the doctor might suggest conversion to IVF..

That is actually a good sign. More follicles, higher chances. However, like what others mentioned below, not all follicles will mature. Ask your doctor how many has the potential to reach 16mm prior to trigger. If it’s less than 3-4, it’s really fine... You won’t know if your husband’s sperm will swim to the left or right.. And even if it reaches, it may or may not fertilize the matured egg too....

Are all the 8 follicles above 18mm? If yes, then abit risky. If out of the 8, only 3-4 above 18mm, then i think it should be fine
ok i just confirmed with the nurse, 4 follicles, left side 13mm and 16mm, right side 14mm and 17mm. The rest of the 4 no measurements cause smaller. So it should be safe to proceed?

That is actually a good sign. More follicles, higher chances. However, like what others mentioned below, not all follicles will mature. Ask your doctor how many has the potential to reach 16mm prior to trigger. If it’s less than 3-4, it’s really fine... You won’t know if your husband’s sperm will swim to the left or right.. And even if it reaches, it may or may not fertilize the matured egg too....
i just confirmed with the nurse, 4 follicles, left side 13mm and 16mm, right side 14mm and 17mm. The rest of the 4 no measurements cause smaller. So it should be safe to proceed? My trigger shot is tomorrow.

ok i just confirmed with the nurse, 4 follicles, left side 13mm and 16mm, right side 14mm and 17mm. The rest of the 4 no measurements cause smaller. So it should be safe to proceed?

for me i think it is safe, if your trigger shot is tomorrow, potentially only the 16mm & 17mm will catch up to be more than 18mm to have a viable egg inside.

for me i think it is safe, if your trigger shot is tomorrow, potentially only the 16mm & 17mm will catch up to be more than 18mm to have a viable egg inside.
Thanks babe, feel a bit more relieved hearing this.

Last edited:
i just confirmed with the nurse, 4 follicles, left side 13mm and 16mm, right side 14mm and 17mm. The rest of the 4 no measurements cause smaller. So it should be safe to proceed? My trigger shot is tomorrow.
You are good to go. I asked my doc out of curiosity this morning during my ivf scan. She said it’s a good sign and you typically won’t get all 4 fertilized. Good luck!!

You are good to go. I asked my doc out of curiosity this morning during my ivf scan. She said it’s a good sign and you typically won’t get all 4 fertilized. Good luck!!
Thank you Zerelda for helping me ask! :) Feel more relieved now. Good luck for your ivf too!!

Hi all.. quick question.. if we use Govt subsidies for IUI = we will have less subsidies for IVF?

I failed IVF before in private, and moving to Govt hospital, I have a feeling the dr will encourage me to do IUI before trying IVF since I’m relatively younger mmmm.. also might want to try IUI while waiting for IVF...

Hi all.. quick question.. if we use Govt subsidies for IUI = we will have less subsidies for IVF?

I failed IVF before in private, and moving to Govt hospital, I have a feeling the dr will encourage me to do IUI before trying IVF since I’m relatively younger mmmm.. also might want to try IUI while waiting for IVF...
Heys! If u are referring to medisave then yes there's a reduction in the amount we can claim but for govt co funding I think IUI have a different co funding scheme from IVF.

I did 1 cycle IUI and didn't work for me as well, kinda regret taking all the time and pain going thru it and should have went for IVF directly instead.
I think if u insist the doctor wouldn't 'force' u to do IUI especially u already did IVF before.

Heys! If u are referring to medisave then yes there's a reduction in the amount we can claim but for govt co funding I think IUI have a different co funding scheme from IVF.

I did 1 cycle IUI and didn't work for me as well, kinda regret taking all the time and pain going thru it and should have went for IVF directly instead.
I think if u insist the doctor wouldn't 'force' u to do IUI especially u already did IVF before.
Thanks so much for your reply! Yes I was wondering abt the Govt co-funding part.. I think IUI might suitable fr those w sperm issues? Did your HB have Sperm issues?
Yep true.. i think if SO IUI then it’s better to do IVF... but normal IUI.. if ovulate normally still have to do injections?

All the best for your FET!:) take it easy!

Thanks so much for your reply! Yes I was wondering abt the Govt co-funding part.. I think IUI might suitable fr those w sperm issues? Did your HB have Sperm issues?
Yep true.. i think if SO IUI then it’s better to do IVF... but normal IUI.. if ovulate normally still have to do injections?
I think its the other way around.. If have sperms issues not ideal for IUI cuz there's no assisted fertilisation, basically just washed and insert and hope that the egg and sperm will meet.

He doesn't, our case is abit of unexplained but I'm also older, 36 turning 37.

I did SO IUI with trigger shot so not sure about normal IUI.
All the best in your ivf journey!

I wouldn’t recommend iui for sperm issues.. We failed so-iui once and went directly to ivf. My husband don’t have high no. of rapid motile (his rapid motile is only like 2 mil and the rest are all sluggish or immotile) and the morphology % is not good too (4 is normal and he has 3). However, I did put him on regular multivitamins (he tried the men fertility one but hated it), made him stop drinking coke and stop having fast food and he did improve after 3 mths.. His rapid motile is now 11.7 mil and morphology is 7. However, we still chose ivf since I am 32 and he is 41... eggs deteriorate every year.

I wouldn’t recommend iui for sperm issues.. We failed so-iui once and went directly to ivf. My husband don’t have high no. of rapid motile (his rapid motile is only like 2 mil and the rest are all sluggish or immotile) and the morphology % is not good too (4 is normal and he has 3). However, I did put him on regular multivitamins (he tried the men fertility one but hated it), made him stop drinking coke and stop having fast food and he did improve after 3 mths.. His rapid motile is now 11.7 mil and morphology is 7. However, we still chose ivf since I am 32 and he is 41... eggs deteriorate every year.
I think its the other way around.. If have sperms issues not ideal for IUI cuz there's no assisted fertilisation, basically just washed and insert and hope that the egg and sperm will meet.

He doesn't, our case is abit of unexplained but I'm also older, 36 turning 37.

I did SO IUI with trigger shot so not sure about normal IUI.
All the best in your ivf journey!
Thanks for sharing ladies! My husband's morphology doesnt seem good as well at 2%.. besides that the rest seems okay for now, he is taking TCM pills, acupuncture and supplements as well.. Zerelda which multi vits did you let your husband try?

Yeps.. isnt IUI similar to baby dancing... the sperm goes in the same way... no?

Thanks for sharing ladies! My husband's morphology doesnt seem good as well at 2%.. besides that the rest seems okay for now, he is taking TCM pills, acupuncture and supplements as well.. Zerelda which multi vits did you let your husband try?

Yeps.. isnt IUI similar to baby dancing... the sperm goes in the same way... no?
Yea it's similar to baby dancing just that the path to destination is reduced in hopes that the sperm will reach the egg faster and also cuz they are post washed sperm so only good sperm are introduced.

Doctor will advise baby dance after too to increase ur chances!

He first took Blue Stork Men Fertility which gave him gastric. So I switched to a regular liquid vitamin from Mary Ruth Organics (Multivitamins Essential Plus). I compared the nutrients to the old one and made other additions from Mary Ruth (B Complex, Zinc and Vitamin C). The multivit does have all these just that I wanted to match up to the Blue Stork he originally took. My husband is also vitamin D deficient (tested via blood test) so I supplemented with more Vit D. My husband is a very picky eater who literally eat zero greens and only eat apples or grapes so I’ve no choice but to rely on these supplements. His bad habits of 5-7 hours sleep continues, late nights continue.. But his fast food and coke/soft drinks were stopped (sugar or sugar sub affects sperm and fertility - we use monk fruit sugar, a sugar replacement). You don’t need to worry abt daily sugar nutrient cuz your food and fruits usually already have some sugar content. I do believe that if he had a healthier lifestyle, might have a better number but I’m happy with nearly 12 mil and huge jump in morphology.. 12 mil is good enough for IVF. All 100% of our matured eggs from our recent were fertilized (most ivf patients only get 40~60% fertilized.. now hoping we get many blastocysts). Back then... His washed sperm was only less than 3 mil.. The doctor actually said to cancel the cycle but we decided to try and obviously failed... Even at 5+ million after washing, doctors still told us low chance if wanna do iui (we seeked more than 1 opinion).

Last edited:
Yea it's similar to baby dancing just that the path to destination is reduced in hopes that the sperm will reach the egg faster and also cuz they are post washed sperm so only good sperm are introduced.

Doctor will advise baby dance after too to increase ur chances!
If the washed sperm number is low.. It’s pretty useless. Even after the washing.. Most of his so called good sperm are also sluggish and morphology from 3-4. What you actually want are rapid sperm with good morphology. IUI by itself is already 17% for normal people... pretty low. Yeps we baby danced for the next 2 days after iui too..

Hi All,

I just did my 1st IUI 10 days ago.. with trigger shot and now taking Progestrone supplements. till the day of my check up. .But for the past few days I am experiencing PMS syptoms I am very anxious, does this means that my IUI have fail? My doc will be seeing me in another 4 days time.. But I am very worried..anyone here can give me some advice ?

Hi All,

I just did my 1st IUI 10 days ago.. with trigger shot and now taking Progestrone supplements. till the day of my check up. .But for the past few days I am experiencing PMS syptoms I am very anxious, does this means that my IUI have fail? My doc will be seeing me in another 4 days time.. But I am very worried..anyone here can give me some advice ?

Hi Mrswu10,

don’t give up & try not to overthink too much.
keep yourself occupied for the next few days, do the things u like.
As long as your period did not come, there is always hope! jiayou!

Hi All,

Just stay calm... as long as menses isn’t here, there is hope. Sometimes cramps can be due to implantation too.

Hi Mrswu10,

don’t give up & try not to overthink too much.
keep yourself occupied for the next few days, do the things u like.
As long as your period did not come, there is always hope! jiayou!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Yes work has been busy too, trying to keep my mind away even after work but because the syptoms makes me uncomfortable so is like a constant reminder to me these few days .. praying very hard that it is just the supplements that causes all these.

Just stay calm... as long as menses isn’t here, there is hope. Sometimes cramps can be due to implantation too.

Yes I really really hope is implantation cramps! Praying very hard! Not sure why particularly is my right side kinda of cramp and pain.. makes me wonder why..

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday went for my check up and turns out my 1st IUI failed. Doc suggested us to try for another 2 more rounds. Asked my hb to trying taking PROFERTIL but he has tried b4 continous for 3 months but it didnt helped to improve his quality.. quite confuse dont know to take again or not.

Back