IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Dont despair .. theres always hopes. Im barely a week in ttw and am wondering whats going on inside. Not much feeling except for gastric pain at times due to duphaston

@AnnBby, I admire your courage... though I have not attempted IUI yet, I dread the possible negative news.

@WJZKEV, you are a fantastic hubby for being so understanding.. I hope baby dust will fall on you and your wifey this cycle! By the way, did your gynae assess your soldiers' quantity and quality? I've read good reviews on GNC Men's multivitamins for boosting potency. In fact, we hit jack pot 1 month after Hub started on it last year... too bad baby had no heart beat by 8th week. :(

I'm waiting for my AF to report this month so I can start IUI.. Not much hope for conceiving naturally because hub went for his wisdom teeth extraction.

Thanks yee, fyi mrs still went for the blood test this morning and was told it will be a 3 hour thing so she went home. Crossing fingers still. By the way i believe all ladies hubby will be as dotting and supportive during this period as well not only me, just that i gan jiong spider ;)

Update: Failed, confirmed......was abit sad but within expectation..

Last edited:
Ann ..this is my 3rd iui already. 2nd round I was really down cos it ended up chemically .. but I moved on .. life goes on. Prepare ur body for another round of iui!
spotting come liao... pimples popping out... AF is coming soon...
i think i will doing my 3rd IUI this month....

hi @WJZKEV, so sorry to hear...

Just to share, my hubby took Vit C and Vit E (prescribe by doc). When we were with KK, the doc gave him a supplement called vigrace (can't rem the spelling) , which can be bought from KK pharmacy. I hope that helps

Thanks yee, fyi mrs still went for the blood test this morning and was told it will be a 3 hour thing so she went home. Crossing fingers still. By the way i believe all ladies hubby will be as dotting and supportive during this period as well not only me, just that i gan jiong spider ;)

Update: Failed, confirmed......was abit sad but within expectation..

Sorry to hear that. Is this your first try with IUI?

Hi Celia, me too took vit e and a few others, just age catching up thus no more commando soldiers. hahaha that's what doctor says and "eye sight" poor so doc told us dun choose date liao just wack. Hais guess have to work my my stamina and endurance training hahahaha. Thanks for sharing

Hi Yee, yes it is our first and since day one already reserved a percentage for failure but not hope kinda of raise when sign of preggy came in which is hard to keep it down. But i am thank you we did not place too big a bet on this.

Is back to hard working for the time being

Hi Celia, me too took vit e and a few others, just age catching up thus no more commando soldiers. hahaha that's what doctor says and "eye sight" poor so doc told us dun choose date liao just wack. Hais guess have to work my my stamina and endurance training hahahaha. Thanks for sharing

Hi Yee, yes it is our first and since day one already reserved a percentage for failure but not hope kinda of raise when sign of preggy came in which is hard to keep it down. But i am thank you we did not place too big a bet on this.

Is back to hard working for the time being

jia you! U guys going to wait for AF to 'officiate' before resuming 2nd round of IUI?

don't mind me asking (I'm still very ignorant to this IUI procedure...), does my hub need to be with me at the clinic on the day of procedure? Or I can bring his solders to the clinic myself?

Yee, will self try though we hope are in time for the next window, since her af not really here yet.

Yes hubby have to be there during the process as have to despatch the package to the hospital for processing after which will be deliver to the mrs for the actual iui process.

;)

jia you! U guys going to wait for AF to 'officiate' before resuming 2nd round of IUI?

don't mind me asking (I'm still very ignorant to this IUI procedure...), does my hub need to be with me at the clinic on the day of procedure? Or I can bring his solders to the clinic myself?
u definitely have to wait after AF comes then can start 2nd round IUI...
if not how u start your pills or injection?
normally this are taken on CD2 inwards

if u can rush down the clinic within 1hr ur husband ejaculate the sperm, then he can need not come with you. after 1hr, the sperms will be useless to process...

Missyee ..think u got to get your hb to submit his soldiers himself. At least if u r with kkh. Thejb clinic im with also needs my hb to submithimself cos he has to sign and endorsed on form what time and date the soldiers are being submitted.

Kkh prescribed my hb vits called acemax. Is to help improve productive functionality. Can be bought off kkh pharmacy. Per box abt sgd37

Missyee - same for tmc. My he has to submit it 2 hrs before procedure. Better to get yr hb to produce at clinic rather than bring down.

wyzkev- is your wife seeing any tcm? Tan stew boey is quite good. I am seeing her at nu Chinese med clinic b4 I started this cycle

I finally called the nurse today at the utrogestan insertion. Am really doubting i am not doing correctly and didn't want to waste this cycle. Anyway, she said I can consume orally instead but just that the side effects will be more. Dizziness and fatigue.

Missyee - same for tmc. My he has to submit it 2 hrs before procedure. Better to get yr hb to produce at clinic rather than bring down.

wyzkev- is your wife seeing any tcm? Tan stew boey is quite good. I am seeing her at nu Chinese med clinic b4 I started this cycle

Hi BK, nope not seeing tmc where is this tmc located by the way?Maybe can consider for yself ;P

Thank you thank you everyone, mrs resting.now hopefully she can relax abit. Is great to have this forum to share info and a listening ear

Thats what we are here for. To give support to each other and to chiong on as long as we can.

I am saddened to hear that the blood test result is negative. But if this fail, its always another opportunity to try again. Though you feel like your soldier not good due to your age, dont despair! There are men out there at the age of 50 having young children. Fight on! As long as your wife and you have the desire to have your own kids, dont give up. It will be a tough journey but worth it!

@AnnBby, I admire your courage... though I have not attempted IUI yet, I dread the possible negative news.

@WJZKEV, you are a fantastic hubby for being so understanding.. I hope baby dust will fall on you and your wifey this cycle! By the way, did your gynae assess your soldiers' quantity and quality? I've read good reviews on GNC Men's multivitamins for boosting potency. In fact, we hit jack pot 1 month after Hub started on it last year... too bad baby had no heart beat by 8th week. :(

I'm waiting for my AF to report this month so I can start IUI.. Not much hope for conceiving naturally because hub went for his wisdom teeth extraction.

@missyyee , I would be lying if I told you that I never break down. I do. But maybe as years passed in my marriage, I get stronger and stronger each day. This group also gives me an emotional support that I could not attain elsewhere. Maybe its because we are all on the same boat thus we roughly know how each other feel.

Who doesnt dread failure, any type of failure as long as you know you have put your heart and soul on it. But for me failure is not certain as long as you keep trying. Fall and rise again. Fall and rise again. As long as you have the means. Keep on trying and trying till you succeed.

Thats what we are here for. To give support to each other and to chiong on as long as we can.

I am saddened to hear that the blood test result is negative. But if this fail, its always another opportunity to try again. Though you feel like your soldier not good due to your age, dont despair! There are men out there at the age of 50 having young children. Fight on! As long as your wife and you have the desire to have your own kids, dont give up. It will be a tough journey but worth it!

Was abit disappointed espically when she instant msg me about the results. For a secs or 2 was not able to focus on work maybe the signs were 50 /50.
The worst part was not able to see how mrs will react since she was alone at home, imagine 6am wake up get to prep and go KKH, less than 15mins tell her is 3 hours took a cab back by 9+, results came in. But am happy at least we are in the SEA Games session thus she kinda of got over it pretty quick and was occupied watching SEA games hahahaha.

Yes the decision is to go for round 2 or maybe 3 seems chances are higher.
By the way before the IUI did anyone try to cheat the system with regular bed actvities? We were told to refrained in case multiple preggy cases. I mean how can they check right espically during the last few phases where we as patients will know how many eggs is going to ripe and pop

Lastly have to thank all ladies for accommodating with a guy in this thread, i feel like a nanny (as in lady like hahahaha)
Some guys are shy about such things but i know and admit when it comes to preggy issue it always take 2 hands to clap and talking such matter to guys well sorry we are pig in this area. Therefore thank you thank you, i will try to get my mrs in so she can communicate with the rest and maybe meetup so as to widen her circles of local friends

Last edited:
Was abit disappointed espically when she instant msg me about the results. For a secs or 2 was not able to focus on work maybe the signs were 50 /50.
The worst part was not able to see how mrs will react since she was alone at home, imagine 6am wake up get to prep and go KKH, less than 15mins tell her is 3 hours took a cab back by 9+, results came in. But am happy at least we are in the SEA Games session thus she kinda of got over it pretty quick and was occupied watching SEA games hahahaha.

Yes the decision is to go for round 2 or maybe 3 seems chances are higher.
By the way before the IUI did anyone try to cheat the system with regular bed actvities? We were told to refrained in case multiple preggy cases. I mean how can they check right espically during the last few phases where we as patients will know how many eggs is going to ripe and pop

Lastly have to thank all ladies for accommodating with a guy in this thread, i feel like a nanny (as in lady like hahahaha)
Some guys are shy about such things but i know and admit when it comes to preggy issue it always take 2 hands to clap and talking such matter to guys well sorry we are pig in this area. Therefore thank you thank you, i will try to get my mrs in so she can communicate with the rest and maybe meetup so as to widen her circles of local friends

Yah...Luckily SEA games is ongoing so got something exciting to watch and think about. But actually, these few days, my mind was more on the tragic incident at Kota Kinabalu that has befallen on the 12 year old kids and teachers. I wonder if I am strong enough as a parent to take in such heartwrenching news of my child should I have been trying very hard to get them. My deepest condolence to all those involved.

@WJZKEV , dont feel bad lah. At least you are trying as much as possible to be involved in this whole process. Sure your wife appreciates whatever you are doing now.

With regards to bd, there are some that advice do it a day before the iui and a day after the iui. Their logic was your soldier can last for 3 days. But ovulation only 24hrs. So give as many troops as possible to increase the possibility of pregnancy.

About the multiple pregnancy, it only happens if you have multilple follicles that mature to desired size. 18mm above. That is why some dr dont proceed if they scan and find your wife have more than 3 good follicles. They just want to avoid high risk pregnancy. Usually for multiple pregnancy, they cannot undergo the full pregnancy term. Mostly born pre mature.

But, in my opinion, this is the risk we have to take. It does not mean all the 3 and more eggs can be fertilised too. All these by chance.

Wjzkev: I had 4 matured follies 1st iui they told me not to bed to avoid multiple pregnancy then c what happened. Nv even kena one. I regretted not bedding lor. Thinking back IF bed maybe could possibly kena 1. 2nd iui 1 folly I did bed after iui .. abeilt chem pregnancy but my stats showed me bed is better than not bedding hahaha. My advice is please bed. Doc can only advise on multiple pregnancies but in actual fact want to hit 1 is already so hard not to say 2 and above. There is always selective reduction. My thoughts r if is urs is urs la. If not meant to then whatever u do also wont be urs to keep

Wjzkev: I had 4 matured follies 1st iui they told me not to bed to avoid multiple pregnancy then c what happened. Nv even kena one. I regretted not bedding lor. Thinking back IF bed maybe could possibly kena 1. 2nd iui 1 folly I did bed after iui .. abeilt chem pregnancy but my stats showed me bed is better than not bedding hahaha. My advice is please bed. Doc can only advise on multiple pregnancies but in actual fact want to hit 1 is already so hard not to say 2 and above. There is always selective reduction. My thoughts r if is urs is urs la. If not meant to then whatever u do also wont be urs to keep

another concern is if you have sex within 3 days before IUI, the sperm quality and quantity will be affected. if is the sperm quality and quantity is not good enough, IUI will be aborted too.
sperm takes 3days to redevelop but anything more than 1 week, the sperm will be old.. hence for sperm test, sperm must be 3 days to 7 days old..

previously my first IUI, we didnt have sex for a week before IUI, the sperm quantity is 40+mil. 2nd IUI, we didn't have sex for 3 days before IUI, the sperm quantity is 20+ mil.. not sure whether is it coincidence or really impact so much...

Think it takes 2days on average to generate new ones. Is advisable to bed after iui. Dont agree with before iui cos impt to keep the good soldiers for iui ;)

well did bd after iui , after the first day though thinking there's already a batch in there so wait for next day to launch another batch but is like only one chance when compare to previous day where there are 2 eggies. Thus taking the last incident heheh was toying the idea what if bd took place on the eve or 2 days before IUI? Will that be an offense theoretically? As at this stage we will know at least one egg will bloom within 24hours.

We were told by the very nice senior nurse once jab is administered no more bd till iui to prevent complications or multi preggy which we agreed. But is it a risk worth taking ;P i guess is up to individual.

To the rest still on the journey good luck dun give up stay happy during these period ya!!!!

1week into ttw. Dont know what to feel .. implantation is to take place bet day 7 to 10 after fertilization .. wish I could see whats inside my biological system:rolleyes:

TWW feels like the longest time to pass by... It would be interesting if we can see what is going on in there but I guess, the unknown makes it even more intriguing.

1week into ttw. Dont know what to feel .. implantation is to take place bet day 7 to 10 after fertilization .. wish I could see whats inside my biological system:rolleyes:
i still waiting for my AF to come, so i can faster start on cycle 3 IUI.....

Pixie, why you want your AF come faster? Confirm already this IUI also not successful?
ya..
i do not know the symptoms of pregnancy (like how so many people analysis all the pregnancy symptoms)... but i do know my symptoms of AF coming.. LOL..
furthermore i did a pregnancy test on DP-IUI 10, it's negative...

today my AF should come and i have been spotting for few days... if still don't come, i will do pregnancy test again tmr morning. if negative, i think i will stop all medications given by my gynae coz maybe duphaston is stopping my AF :confused:

ya..
i do not know the symptoms of pregnancy (like how so many people analysis all the pregnancy symptoms)... but i do know my symptoms of AF coming.. LOL..
furthermore i did a pregnancy test on DP-IUI 10, it's negative...

today my AF should come and i have been spotting for few days... if still don't come, i will do pregnancy test again tmr morning. if negative, i think i will stop all medications given by my gynae coz maybe duphaston is stopping my AF :confused:

Ic....ic.....no wonder you are expecting your AF. But your cycle usually is how long. Mine is usually 30 days but this cycle dont know why only 28 days. So was quite surprise suddenly see so much blood...:p

And yes, I do heard that Duphaston sort of delay your AF. But I would suggest until 14dpIUI, then you stop after you confirm its negative via POAS. Sometimes spotting could be a chance of implantation.

Ic....ic.....no wonder you are expecting your AF. But your cycle usually is how long. Mine is usually 30 days but this cycle dont know why only 28 days. So was quite surprise suddenly see so much blood...:p

And yes, I do heard that Duphaston sort of delay your AF. But I would suggest until 14dpIUI, then you stop after you confirm its negative via POAS. Sometimes spotting could be a chance of implantation.

CD29... and today is CD30.. tat's why i said i will do testing tmr morning... if negative then is really negative... and i dun think my spotting is implantation bleeding...

but if i suddenly MIA and stop replying to this thread, means i BFP.. LOL~

hahahaha pixe then good luck to you yeah.

Mrs af also came 7 days ahead than her norm .. werid... starting with bit then stop then gone for oneday and came back with revenge the next. I too think is the tablet they feed her is making changes to her hormones.

So Ann targeting for July cycle? Me and Mrs going for consultation tomorrow again and will test water to see if can jump onto another cycle this mth since it is 3rd day of AF cycle. If cannot then it will be july.

Anyone know what will happening during this consultative session after failed iui, our session is always very fast with Dr Tan less than 15min can out we come.

Anyway keep this thread alive

hahahaha pixe then good luck to you yeah.

Mrs af also came 7 days ahead than her norm .. werid... starting with bit then stop then gone for oneday and came back with revenge the next. I too think is the tablet they feed her is making changes to her hormones.

So Ann targeting for July cycle? Me and Mrs going for consultation tomorrow again and will test water to see if can jump onto another cycle this mth since it is 3rd day of AF cycle. If cannot then it will be july.

Anyone know what will happening during this consultative session after failed iui, our session is always very fast with Dr Tan less than 15min can out we come.

Anyway keep this thread alive
Sorry but which hospi or clinic Is ur mrs with? Not sure if they scheduled ur mrs to do how many cycles .. if they set u for 3 and 1st failed u may be given option to do 2nd cycle. Unless u opt to do ivf and provided your doc allows .. I was put on 3cycles with kkh but I did 2 with them then queued for ivf in aug ... but did 3rd iui with other clinics

actually if you got watch Eve on cable table, there are several series about multiple babies e.g Kate Plus 8, Six Little Mcghees
seriously i rather don't have kids than have 5 kids in one go....
Singapore really cannot have 5 kids in one go, we definitely will declare bankrupt...
unless some channel wants to do a series for us and pay us good money, then ok la....haha...

Haha is just unimaginative to hit 1 .. not to say twins or triplets quadruplets etc .. is amazing how mother nature works .. bless some with so many babies at 1 go but nv bless others with even 1

Haha is just unimaginative to hit 1 .. not to say twins or triplets quadruplets etc .. is amazing how mother nature works .. bless some with so many babies at 1 go but nv bless others with even 1
their cases all done either IVF or IUI.. coz in the states, there is no limitation how many fertilized eggs you want to put in. i read SG only allows 2. if you have alot of mature follicles, you can choose to go ahead with IUI.. i think SG will not allow.

Sorry but which hospi or clinic Is ur mrs with? Not sure if they scheduled ur mrs to do how many cycles .. if they set u for 3 and 1st failed u may be given option to do 2nd cycle. Unless u opt to do ivf and provided your doc allows .. I was put on 3cycles with kkh but I did 2 with them then queued for ivf in aug ... but did 3rd iui with other clinics

Hi Hopefully am with KKH did not mentioned how many cycle, we were infact given option to go with IVF but doc say try iui first... i cannot bear my mrs to undergo the pain of ivf after reading the number of jap one have to undergo.

Eh kkh I was given 3cycles le. The file with ur mrs docs surely would have indicated somewhere. Think many can tell u ..not the jabs dat r painful .. is more the emo coaster the mrs have to go thru .. jabs small matter. Is the failure that puts one down ..

Hi, I'm a silent reader since trying to conceive 2 yrs ago. I decided to broke silence today to share my journey here. Similarly to some couple here, we tried naturally and wish to hit the jackpot one day.

Please bear with me, story a bit long...

The journey is not as smooth as we thought. Then we decided to go for fertility checkup. My tubes is unblock, able to ovulate and everything seems normal except I have a retroverted uterus. While my hubby's sperm morphology is a bit lower than average range 4%, very low amount of fast speed swimmer. Doctor prescribed Carnipure for my hubby to helps improve sperm quality and encourage us to try naturally for few months.

After 6 months of failure, we changed to another private gynae, one of the famous fertility doc. He suggested us to go for SO-IUI instead of IVF. Before seeing him we were preparing for IVF so that can strike faster. Was very frustrated when you try for so long and it still fails!

Doc did go through our previous test result and mentioned that my hubby sperm is normal not much issue. Juz lack of fast speed swimmer and some odd shape sperm. His encouraging words and positive attitude makes us felt very comfortable and have faith in his magic hand!

The miserable TWW almost drive me crazy, every night I pray to God, google for the Implantation and preggy symptoms and etc. I was so stress! Lucky to found this forum, feel like I'm not alone in the war. Ladies in this forum always being so strong to fight for future that remind me do not give up easily!

Finally, God hear us! A great miracle happened! The pregnancy test kit show a very faint double line! Test again 2 days later, darker double line! I'm very thankful to meet my current fertility doctor. His is very experience, confident and good in So-iui treatment. I'm 13week++ now.

Last, baby dust to all of the ladies here, do not give up! Jia you!

Pixie - I think maximum 3 can be transferred. Better not to stop your support meds till u get clearance from your gynae. I have a friend who tested negative on test kit but positive on blood test. Does yr clinic require u to do blood test?

Congrats skinnykoco.

Pixie - I think maximum 3 can be transferred. Better not to stop your support meds till u get clearance from your gynae. I have a friend who tested negative on test kit but positive on blood test. Does yr clinic require u to do blood test?

Congrats skinnykoco.
nope do not need blood test...
pregnancy test is good enough...

i guess your friend took the pregnancy test too early. hence it cannot detect but blood test able to detect...

anyway CD31 still no sight of AF but pregnancy test show BFN.. so i will stop the medicine to allow my AF come...

Last edited:
Eh kkh I was given 3cycles le. The file with ur mrs docs surely would have indicated somewhere. Think many can tell u ..not the jabs dat r painful .. is more the emo coaster the mrs have to go thru .. jabs small matter. Is the failure that puts one down ..

maybe for me, my partner is more excited than me, so his disappointment is greater than mine.. nevertheless i always plan holiday every 3 months or so.. at least i'm not pregnant, i can fully enjoy myself during the holiday :p

now i negotiating with my partner if after 4 IUI still cannot, can we go for a month Europe trip? :p after all the jabs and hormones pills i need to take, i guess i need some form of reward even i didnt get BFP

Morning Ladies weekend is here ... and going for 1st round of doc visit after failure later, wonder what the doc will say, i hope is not the answer i dun know again, if he dun knwo then what about us le.

hahaha pixie i like your arrangement of holiday. Agree the emo ride is really shitty, try not to think about it but sometimes it just slips in especially to remind one after so much effort in the end still zero is like ... slap in the face lor

Congrats to you koco

Morning Ladies weekend is here ... and going for 1st round of doc visit after failure later, wonder what the doc will say, i hope is not the answer i dun know again, if he dun knwo then what about us le.

hahaha pixie i like your arrangement of holiday. Agree the emo ride is really shitty, try not to think about it but sometimes it just slips in especially to remind one after so much effort in the end still zero is like ... slap in the face lor

Congrats to you koco
But the truth is they really don't know..

Too many factors.. At best they can list down all the possible reasons why it didn't succeed

Our pre IUI stats were always good, sperm count, hormone levels, size of follicles, lining etc but never succeeded once

My doc listed 5 possible common reasons
- never ovulate
- sperm never travel
- sperm never fertilise eggs
- fertilised egg never implant
- implant already never stick

Never never never :(

at least ur got list my no list why natural cannot the answer hahaha is just a shrug and open options IUI IVF HAHAHAHA

Hi @WJZKEV, for any failures in ART is definitely disappointing and frustrating and the last thing we want is ‘no concrete explanation’ from doctors. But having gone through 7 IUI/SO-IUI, 2 fresh IVF, and 1 FET which all unfortunately failed, I definitely feel that it all boils down to luck, timing & if the mighty one up there wants to grant you one. Despite the fact that I do have some underlying issues and also seeking treatment for it, frankly, I have learnt to understand that ART treatments is also about trial and error.

When a cycle fails, docs will try to best to access & fine tune the treatment, either changing the medication, increasing dosage or sending you for more tests. Even if everything is done, it doesn’t guarantee a BFP. My IVF doc did mention to me that when patients fail, they as docs are equally stressed about it coz they also have to think of all other possible options/treatments so that we can have that BFP eventually. But still, it may not succeed. On our end, we just have to keep on trying. This journey is definitely not a bed of roses, but it does make one stronger mentally, at least for me. And yes, the jabs from IVF are not painful. It’s the emotional aspect & trying to manage your expectations that is the killer part. But you'll still get through it somehow. Anyway, just see what your doc says first and decide with your Mrs on the next steps. All the best!

Back