Is it safe to get pregnant again a few months later after c-section?

h208217

Hi mummies,

I will like to check if it is safe to get pregnant after a few months after c-section? I am now abit worried as I just tested positive pregnant after 4 months of having my baby in last aug.

Need advise!

hi Ada, yes it is fine. this is provided this baby will have to be delivered via c-sect too. cannot try for natural.

i have a friend who is also pregnant 4 months after delivering her 1st via c-sect. both mummy and children are fine.

Hi Ada

My gynea told me 6 months. Since it's been tested positive, I suggest you approach your gynae for advice.

Hi Ada, personally I feel that it is okay, as long as you are really careful and make sure you get as much rest as you can. I conceived my 2nd baby when my elder girl was 3 months plus, not even 4 months old. My hubby and I were really happy though. Can't say the same for my boss as I got myself pregnant even before my ML ended. But it was very very tiring for me having a full-time job and had to look after a baby after work. We didn't have a maid then, so if you can afford it, hire a maid now. It will make things a lot easier for you. I had a lot of bleeding issues up till 2nd trimester and there were times the bleeding got so bad I thought I had lost the little one.

I was warded in Mt A when pre-term contractions and show came. But my waterbag broke and my gynae actually advised me to go to NUH instead, as the rates there for NICU are much much cheaper ($400 per day in NUH vs $1k++ per day in Mt A). To cut the long story short, I went into pre-term labour at 32 weeks (VBAC). My little girl came out into the world looking so tiny (1.2kg), it was heartbreaking. She stayed 6 weeks in the NICU without any complications except for the usual preemie issues.

I'm sharing these with you to just bring awareness that this pre-term labour MAY happen. Of course I wouldn't wish this upon anyone at all. My mom offered to have my elder girl stay over at her place so that I could rest well at night but I refused. Kinda regret it now 'cos I realized I was pushing myself too hard with work and trying to be a good mother that I indirectly caused the pre-term birth of my #2. 4 months is not enough time for the womb to heal. So please rest as much as you can and have someone look after your #1. Hope your pregnancy is a smooth and enjoyable one!
happy.gif

my first was an emergency csection. i was told by gynae to concieve again only after 9 mths.
i went against the odds and was pregnant same as Ada, barely 4 mths when my #1 was born. my kids are now 13 months apart.

i chnaged gynae and told him my concern. He told me not to worried. but be prepared that #2 would most likely be c-section as well. THis is because the csection wound from #1 is still raw and you might risk a rupture in the old csection wound when you tried VBAC. But if #2 is not a big baby, then VBAC can try to be done.

My #2 was estimated to be 3.4 kg before birth and gynae was against me trying VBAC. and because of history of narrow cervix and baby cannot engage him self, i went for planned c section. my #2 came out at 3.6kg during birth and my gynae was glad he did not let me try vbac.

my first was an emergency csection. i was told by gynae to concieve again only after 9 mths.
i went against the odds and was pregnant same as Ada, barely 4 mths when my #1 was born. my kids are now 13 months apart.

i chnaged gynae and told him my concern. He told me not to worried. but be prepared that #2 would most likely be c-section as well. THis is because the csection wound from #1 is still raw and you might risk a rupture in the old csection wound when you tried VBAC. But if #2 is not a big baby, then VBAC can try to be done.

My #2 was estimated to be 3.4 kg before birth and gynae was against me trying VBAC. and because of history of narrow cervix and baby cannot engage him self, i went for planned c section.

Ada, shouldn't be any problem if you'd take precaution like try not to walk too much, down run. Might need more bed Rest when tummy is bigger / heavier.

Then could be higher risk of rupture if you op for VBAC (vaginal birth after csect). Do seek and sten to gynae's recommendation.

Hi mummies,

I just went back to my gynae and his advice is also c section...anyway thanks for the advice I will sure take care
happy.gif

Back