Hyfosy feedback

Superstar85

Hi all
Just wanted to share my experience about Hyfosy done at KKH.
I read a lot of stuff and was a bit nervous about the procedure especially the pain and bleeding.
Of course, every woman will react differently.
For me, i took antibiotics a day before and pain killers 2hrs before.
It was not painful at all but I d rather say "uncomfortable". The doctor was very gentle and spent the time to explain the whole procedure and answer any questions.
It took approximately 40min then they kept me for 15min under observation.
Bring your phone with you :)
I didn't felt any pain after and very minimal spotting for 3-4hrs.

Did the hyfosy at KKH last year. Procedure was ok, not too painful. But the experience with the doctor was not a nice one. Basically the doctor was there to do his job and he didn't even look or talk to me. I tried to ask him some questions and he was very dismissive. He kept saying out loud to the nurse 'I can't see anything'... now that is not very assuring at all. Totally bad bedside manners. The nurse on the other hand was really nice. I think she could sense my anxiety and kept telling me to relax. After the doctor was done, he just took off his gloves and left, leaving the nurse to clean up. I have since switched out from KKH and went with a private clinic for my fertility treatments.

hi indigoB,

thanks for sharing. I did went for mine too last Thursday @ KKH. It was earlier than expected because i’m having PCOS so my period is so irregular. On my second day, i had bleeding like period kind. I wasn’t expecting this as I was informed by the nurses before the procedure that i will only experience spotting and nothing heavy flow. Of course I got worried because it went for days. On day 4, I decided to call the clinic and was told to see GP. But thank god for this forum, I met another lady from a different group who experienced the same thing as me. So our bleeding stopped on the day 7. So yeah that’s my experience.

if you don’t mind me asking, after your HyFoSy, what did the doctor consult you? I have not hear anything from the doctor after the prodecures. And my Next appointment will only be in January.

I did not have such bleeding problems after I did my test, only a little bit of brownish discharge on that day and maybe the day after. Otherwise it was ok. I did my HyFoSy test because I was going to undergo fertility treatment, so they needed to check so see if I have any problems before i embark on any treatments. At my next appointment with the doctor, he reviewed the results with me. Then they will tell you if they detected anything such as polyps, cysts, fibroids etc. Turns out I have all 3. But he said the cyst and fibroid was ok to leave it in there, and I was then scheduled for the surgery to remove the polyps. Coz you can't do IVF if you have polyps.

Back