Anyone done Hyfosy at KKH before?

purplish

Hi! Anyone done Hyfosy at KKH or any local hospital before? Can you share your experience here? Was afraid to go for the test as I am scared that it will be painful. And if we can try for baby that month after doing Hyfosy? Thanks!

Hi @purplish
I just did HyFoSy (on my day 10th) 3 days ago at KKH. The procedure will takes abt 30-40mins. Prior the HyFoSy, u will be given 4 antibiotics which to taken all 4 on the night before your appt & 1 painkiller to be taken 2 hours before the procedures.
Pain will depends on individual. For me, I've did HSG (something similar, using dye instesd of foam) in NUH 3 years back before HYFOSY. I was in terrible pain for both procedures!
I do not bleed or spotting after HSG but was spotting for 1 day & bleeds on 2nd day onwards till now after HYFOSY. Very worried. My period date was always accurate and this is my first time in my entire life feel that having 'mensus' twice in a month!
Blood test shall be done on day 21 and im confused if this bleeding shall be count as new mensus cycle or otherwise.
Will give them a call later for advise...

Last edited:
Hello,
I did hyfosy b4. I forgot to take the medication they gave prior to the test.
And I did not take any painkillers thereafter too.
During the test, there was pain but bearable for me. I just bite my finger. Strangely, I felt the pain was more when they went on to the scan by sonographer.
For me, the HSG test was also more.painful than hyfosy. I exp a sharp pain during HSG that made me feel like passing out and cold sweat.
After both tests, the pain is like normal menstrual cramps..and i felt okay soon to go back home on my own.

Back