Husband despise plus size wife

I am getting really frustrated with my own marriage that divorce has been coming on to my mind for the past 2 years.

I had been a plus size woman since secondary school days. When we were together I was already a plus size woman , but during our customary wedding, I went on a strict diet regime and manage to shed 20 kgs. Yes I took oral medications and diet then. Because of this, my health was in a bad shape and I constantly had palpitations.

After child birth in 2009, I gain back all the 20kgs. When our child is one year old, I asked my husband when are we planning for a second one ? He never wanted a second child as he find it costly and told me it is not worth to have two children after all we had invested in them , we might not get back any returns. Different mindset, I enjoy being a mother and I think bringing up children is our mission, not a business. He does not share the same thoughts apparently. Back to the question that I posted to him, he told me you had one you already gain 20 Kgs, can you still walk after a second one ?

My own husband told me that, yes obviously he despise me. I was depressed for a long time and never bring the topic up anymore. He is a MCP- thoroughly. I was a SAHM then , I actually had a good job, nice colleagues, however because his parents can't care for my son anymore, they just came to a decision for me to quit my job and be a SAHM. After one year, I very much want to return to the workforce. However, because he wanted me to move in with his parents, he told me the only condition for him to agree me working and on a second child is with his parents help and I sacrifice our freedom and sold our place to stay with his parents.

My son is 4 year old now. I had moved in with his parents for 2 years, not once had he helped me if I had issue with his parents. I am always the one finding trouble or I had change. He cheated me, he never want a second child in the first place, never once contribute to our son's education despite him being a manager and I am just a diploma holder. When I had more rice, he would scoop away my rice and say since you will be snacking later. I do not feel respected as a human, parent in laws add on fuel to our relationship. Its always about him and him. Since he doesn't want a second child, so I shall enjoy more ME time then. I wanted to take up a sport, since he has been despising me, he says I am wasting money and time and stop me. He is never supportive of anything I do. When I meet up with friends, he expect me to bring along my son with me, he would go to bed as and when he like at night and I am expected to stay up with my son even though I had worked a long day at work.

When his colleagues compared our son progresses, he would blame me for not doing enough school work with him where he never once teaches him anything or fed him a meal. Whenever I am alone and thought of all these, I would tear. I have strain relationship with my own family and I feel lonely because I do not seem to have anywhere to go if I leave him. Whenever I try to talk to him, he would ignore me and pretend nothing happens the next day.

I am really suffocating, all the hurt and controlling time and again, I no longer feel the love I used to have for him. The only reason I am staying on is for the sake of our son and social norm ?

Why can't men just love their women as they are ? Why must they change them to their ideal partner and women can only suffer and endure for their family in silence ?

hi shoppingqueen,

you're very brave to share yr story. it is heartbreaking to read of your situation. not gonna give a long list of advice here but just remember to love yrself despite how others view or treat u.

do what you need in order to feel good about yrself again (i.e. exercise & meet with encouraging friends) always remember that you still have yr lovely son to be with you. be healthy for him

Diana: Thanks for asking ! I am fine, just need to ventilate as I do not know who else can I talk my problems to. Thank you for sharing ur email, will mail you if I need to talk
happy.gif

Debster: Thanks !! yes he is my only motivation to stay strong.. feel like a 2nd class citizen at home if I do not have my son with me I guess I wouldn't even want to go home. Will loiter outside at times to take a breather after work before home to face the reality.

so sorry to hear your grievances.
i am plus size myself, so i understand the stigma of being plus size. I try to be more active la.Join some classes to sweat it out.
If u need a listening ear or an exercising partner, pm me..

actually there is nothing wrong being plus size as long as it does nt affect ur health (both physical and mental). But if it is bothering u, then juz do something abt it. Do ever let the man use this as a reason to put u down.

if u dun like to exercise or hv no time to exercise, then I do know of a result guarantee program for u. It is guarantee safe and best of all no rebound. U can PM me for more detail.

But 1st of all, pls think positive. And remember u are the best and greatest. Also dun forget tat u mean the whole world to ur child.

;-)

Hi Shopping Queen

Is there anything I can do to help you to move on with life easier?

I would be most willing to hear from you.

U can contact me at 91005918

hi, I am also a plus size myself. based on your story, first of all you need to have a source of income from yourself instead of asking from him if possible.

since your boy is already 4 year old, if he is in the childcare -> depending full day or half day. It is time for you to look for part time job.

once you've the income, you can do things for yourself and at the same time, get allowance from him.

If u do not have a income, it is hard for you to suggest separation or divorcing - which I am not encouraging u. But sometimes u feel helpless in the relationship which is also not good.

Being plus size, there is nothing wrong but if urself are not emotion strong for yourself, your son will feel it too which we mother try to minimize it right. So set your priorities right. Adjust your timing. once you've the income, u can do many things in life. Don't be despair. In life there are always up and downs
I am also going through my downs too ..... trying to have a balance. Otherwise go for some faith (e.g Christianity, Buddhism) for me i am a Buddhist under soka association. I do chant for sanity. Depending on your religion that you believe in, all the best girl!!!

Dear Mummies,

Thank you all for the encouragement ! Being a plus size girl for years I have actually reach a stage I couldn't be bothered by others comments or stares as I believe I can be beautiful in my own way being myself. I am a buddhist and I do pray for sanity.

Apologise for the late reply, I am coping fine except am extremely busy with work, son, study. Am coping with multiple roles wife/daughter in law/mother/ student that is why I am rather depress when he doesn't give me the support and even add on to my woes.

I will learn to be stronger for the sake of my son, that is why I went to upgrade myself with a degree, am completing it this June. Hoping with better education and pay, I can be more independent. Not sure what would future be like for me, but my son is my main motivation to keep me going. His Dad might not appreciate for who I am but I am sure my son can see I am trying my best to give him my world.

Thank you once again for listening and giving me the virtual support !
happy.gif

Back