How's life with 2 children?

buds.. ya... what you describe of ur boys are of what i'm experiencing as well.. ahhaha ^5.. my boys also frequently mistaken as twins. although my elder one is 10cm taller than younger one.

Catherine- agreed with u..

mrsngpk, my girls too were mistaken as twins and there is yes, about 10 cm tall difference.

frogprincess, true what you said, about the $ factor. Whether we have $ or not, kids will survive.

It's also not good to expose them to too much of luxury (the good things rich ppl can afford), because this makes them to always expect such pampering and not to count their blessings.

One good practice is to expose them to ppl who are less fortunate, so that they are more appreciative of what they have.

Do you watch Renovaid? I always watch it with my kids, so that I can tell them there are people who are poorer than us.

hi, i am also considering if to have a 2nd one. i know how much joy a kid can bring us and both myself and my husband loves our 1st baby. He is now 22 mths. But becos he is a colicky and needy baby, both of us are really tired out taking care of him. Thou now he is already in cc, but new issue arises as he is diagnosed with sensitive respirary system, meaning that he will also be getting colds, flus and virus infection more often due to the environment. We have really spent alot on his medical bills since we sent him to cc, but no choice.

We also feel that giving him a sibling is good, but there are really alot of "what if"s in our head. we are very afraid that the 2nd one will be like him, colicky. Parents with colic babies will know what i mean...it seems like every waking hour is crying hour for him. We didnt manage to rest at night too. Even till now, our sleeping hours are at most 5-6 hours. So thou we hope to have a 2nd one, we are very concern if we can manage it, money wise and physically. Perhaps money wise, we still can work out, just spent less, bt physically and mentally, i really don't know if i can handle. As i nearly went into depression for my 1st bb. Deep inside my heart, i really hope to have a 2nd one...

Yvet, totally understand ur concern ... Hai I also dunno ..

Anyway , for me I very sian alrdy , this is one thing I cannot be sure and everyday my thoughts change . Like today I am so fed up with my husband I dunwan to talk abt having another kid anymore !

Usually when we eat out , I tend to child first , hub eats and then take over then I can eat in peace . Today , that selfish a** eat first and then proceed to play iPhone and slowly enjoy tea !! I ask him take over then he continue play iPhone while taking care , end up my child pour soup all over his shirt !! So fed up , I have bathed him nice and clean alrdy !! Then after whole meal I say next time can u don play iPhone during meal then he attitude n walk off !!! Wah !! Freaking DL him lor !! If two kids he still like that I will die lor !

yvet,

I can totally identify with you. Finally saw someone with the same concerns...both of us love our little boy, 26 months a lot. He was a colicky and needy baby, he cried non stop for hours in the evening for the first few months, and he regurgitated all his milk for his last feed during the same period. No one could tell me why and how to resolve it.

And because I refused to intro pacifier initially, I had a really hard time making him settle down and sleep. I was also exhausted because he couldn't latch so I had to pump every 2-3 hours. He also has a sensitive respirary system, so he was down with flu and cough every month after he was 6 months even though he was home with no other kids. He took 2 weeks to fully recover and then the cycle started again.

He has started CC early this year. I'm giving him cod fish oil and sambucol to supplement.

We have always wanted to have 2. My hub is ok to take on the challenge again, I am too though these haunting thoughts of the past still seep into my mind. Whatever your decision is, jia you
happy.gif

slurface, yup, sometimes my hubby is like tt too, i also tell him off! sometimes, guys just tend to be insensitive and forgets what he is suppose to do, thou is a routine thing. Just got to keep reminding!

raindrops99, hugz...at least you succeed not introducing the pacifier. My mil insisted to give, so nw i really got a hard time to wean him off the pacifier. He cried harder when i refuse to give it to him now compared to when he is still a baby. i havnt succeed in weaning him off lor. I really regreted tt i gave in tt time!

actually i really dun noe what are my concerns, perhaps the thot of going thru it again scares me.

yvet, slapurface and raindrops99, i feel your concerns. My boy was a difficult one right from the start. Delivery plans thrown out the window when i had to have a csection. Confinement period sucked big time. Moment put him down even for a minute, his screams drove me to ENT to get my blocked ears cleared. his cries are easily heard along the corridor. expectedly, insensitive people kept harping on my inability to raise him. but i knew in my heart what is best and they finally realized how useless they are when nasty things happened not through my fault and he has since made vast improvements that astound even me.

my hb and i were quite settled with 1 child knowing how difficult he was when younger. but i would like another one because i worry whether will i regret if i didn't take the plunge. what sealed the deal in the end was my son, speech delayed as he is, told me he wants a didi. 1 time BD since delivery and there was no turning back!

it might sound crazy. but i have my 2nd boy to thank for righting every wrong from the start. A successful vbac with a good closure to my bb factory. A baby who doesn't fuss as much probably due to having more exp from taking care of my elder son. A baby who somehow taught my #1 to drink milk after a 1 year milk strike. the benefits are countless. being boys, they fight, they "kill", they bully each other. but they hug, they kiss, they understand when either papa or mummy are stressed out. i'm glad i didn't regret having 2 kids. 3rd child, highly unlikely. till date we are still wavering in our decision
happy.gif

all i can say is, if wavering... don't try for another child. only if settled, go all out and try again.

i am glad that i am not alone in this. During these period, when i speak to my frens, all i found out was that their babies are so easily satisfied. They really enjoyed their confinement and parenthood, while i am struggling. Which in turn makes me feel so lousy that i am not even able to settle in my baby. I didnt know what colic means then and i had so many questions which my mil puts it off as he is a very handful boy.

Well, i think i will not regret to have a 2nd one if i have, but as what luv says, only try after settled. thanks luv, you bring some light to me.
happy.gif

Back