Hello Kitty Fans Gathering

<font color="0000ff">Fei Fei,</font>
Actually you can consider going to Taiwan again since you kinda know the place...or else HKG in Oct bcos Kitty's birthday is in Nov and there might be certain new stuff available. Oh yes, there will be a Sanrio fair in Oct at Taka from what I heard.

No need to inform your hubby about birds nest lah...men don't age, only women do. HaHaHa. My hubby is 40 this year and I told him I need to maintain myself so that I will age gracefully.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Janet,
hee..good idea...u mean Oct is kitty's bd? haha, i inform my hb to let him know i need to take bird nest lor =)...hee

lili,
u started using ur digital weighing scale yet? ;p

Li Li,
My mum said very tiring to dun4 bcos the birds nest very dirty. She used to dun4 last time and also Harshima.

Fei Fei,
Kitty's bd is 1 Nov...but from what I understand from the Taka SA, they will have a fair in Oct. Prob is my Sanrio card expiring in Oct 31 and don't think I will spend that much.

Janet,
yup , every sun there is a flea market there...u wan to go there? u saw the stall selling HK things last sun?

lili,
u mean ur fren also bot the calculator for u huh? oh dear...

Fei Fei,
Li Li's friend got her the weighing scale, that's why she had to sell off one set on Yahoo.

I was there last Sunday...saw Ms Brown there.
Got a HK landyard from one stall. My son wanted to get a set of Power Rangers but it was selling at $72 !!!

<font color="ff6000">Ladies,</font>
I bought a pair of small bolsters from this shop beside Chinatown Buddhist temple. Got a Spiderman & Hello Kitty pair. Great for hugging and comfy to sleep on.

purin,
my dd will be going to Marymount Kindergarten next yr for pre-nursery. i registered her already. it's at Thomson Rd. for me, i dont need to send my dd to CC, as I am a SAHM, so nursery/kindergarten is good enough. besides, with nursery/kindergarten she will be gone from 10.45am (sch bus picks her up) till 2.45pm (sch bus sends her home) so 4hrs is long enough liao!

initially i wanted to send her to Bethesda (Katong) Kindergarten, but since we are moving to Bishan i chose Marymount instead, based on good recommendations by some mums from this forum.

hi lani,
marymount kinder is for gals or unisex? a fd of mine is asking if there's any good pre-nursery/kinder at bishan, her son is 3yr+, any idea? TIA

Hi Lani,
4 hours is long enough for a young girl...I think you will miss her initially but slowly you will start to enjoy some personal time doing some grocery shopping or short trip to Junction 8. Maybe you might even consider having Number 2 bcos it can be quiet.
After my son went to nursery, I felt sad bcos he doesn't seem to need me.

hi Janet,
Today I saw a Strawberry Shortcake folderable chair at Japan Home at Novena Sq 2, selling $12+. Same size as the HK one you bot from Taka.

Hi Lani,
I heard good feedback about Bethesda. But it's definitely out of the way for both Janet and I. I have registered my DS for a 3 hr nursery in Yr 2009. May sound Ks but no choice. My son was on waiting list previously. But luckily, they will be opening another class. So manage to put him in. Now thinking what he should do after school. Should I put him at home with maid or get the school bus to send him to childcare?

<font color="ff6000">Janet/Dior/PP/Hello Kitty</font>,
Noted your orders liaoz. I'll try my berry best to get the stuffs back for ya all.

<font color="ff6000">Dior</font>,
If the box is too bulky then I won't get it liaoz hor. Hope you understand cos I'm lugging 2 toddlers and 2 stollers. So hands will be quite full lor.
biggrin.gif
Btw, my gals photoshoot went quite well. Somemore Paul can say my gals poses berry good lor. She knows how to "qiao" her hips and tilt her head, etc.. Then he can say that she's berry "hiao" hahahah... rofl. So true lor. Ever since she went for the classes, everyday she will pose all over the house. So now they will promote her lor. Hopefully can get some assignments bah.. *grinning*

<font color="ff6000">Janet</font>,
Thks for posting pics on the soap dispenser. Reeally nice hor. I see whether can find this there or not.
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff6000">Ladies</font>,
I'll try to bring some loots (but not the bulky items) back for all of you yah.. but no promises cos I gotta lug 2 stollers for my gals hor.

Okie.. me gonna sleep liaoz. Just finished the crazy packing. Tomolo gotta wake up by 7.30am cos need to leave for airport by 9am. So most prob I won't be logging in liaoz. Ciaos.. see ya all next week.

Hi Meiji,
How's everything ??
Haven't 'chat' for quite some time. Aiyoh, $12+ only ?? I paid $22.90.

Hi Ms Blur,
I went to this shop in Beautyworld 2nd floor. Bought 6 pieces of HK undies for my daughter. But stupid me should have got 3 XL and 3 L instead. Will go and change 2moro.

<font color="0000ff">HI Acthia,</font>
Thanks for helping us to look out for the wallet...Of course I understand no promises lah esp when overseas.

Take care of yourself while you're there & enjoy yourself. Remember to bring along the essential medication.

<font color="0000ff">HI Purin/Li Li,</font>
Remember to bring along charcoal or lomotil tablets when you're going to BKK next weekend. Guess you will know since you're seasoned travellers.

Meiji,
Come to think of it, I think I did see the Strawberry Shortcake design b4 at Japan Home in Jurong Point. Also got matching table.

Janet,
You saw the matching table? Actually the SS chair quite nice, but it's pink. So, I didnt buy. =P

Acthia
Thanks!
happy.gif

Ambrosial
Saw HK adult panties at a shop (various outlets) named 'Button'. There is an outlet at habourfront, another at far east, and think 1 at bugis village.

happy.gif

she she,
marymount kindergarten is for both boys and girls.
happy.gif

another kindergarten at bishan i was looking at is Zion Kindergarten. i heard it's quite popular too.

if you need more info on kindergartens in bishan, can go to this thread which i created: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/701216.html?1182189107

dior,
of course i won't recommend you send your son to bethesda lah! all are too far away for you.

for your son's case, whether to let him go home and spend the rest of the day with your maid or go CC, is totally up to you. which option do you think would be better for him? is your maid the kind to engage and interact with your son, and make sure that his day is not boring? or is she the type to do the bare minimum?

but if you decide to send him to CC aft nursery, don't you think it may be a waste of $$? if like that then might as well just let him go to full day CC, then he can just spend the day there.

janet,
yah, 4hrs for her to be away from home is long enough for me! hubby and i have decided to not have any more maid once my dd goes to sch next yr, cause since dd won't be home for 4hrs, i can do some minor housework. my previous PT cleaner has also told me she would be more than happy to come back and clean my home 1x/week again.

as it is now, my maid is relatively quite free, esp on weekends. i am not saying that she is lazy or anything. she is pretty good actually, and the house is very clean. it's just that she is able to complete all her chores properly and quite fast. sometimes i also crack my head trying to think of more chores for her to do to fill up her time, esp on the weekends, but then i can't find anything leh!

so can you imagine how free my maid will be once my dd goes to sch?! my dd will be gone from 10.45am-2.45pm, then when she comes back home she will probably nap till abt 4.30pm. so that means my maid is free to do chores for abt 6hrs daily! that's alot of time! i honestly can't think of any chores for her to do for 5-6hrs daily, so that's why we decided to let her go prob in dec or jan.

janet,
is your dd toilet trained yet? tried toilet training my dd a few weeks back, but no success liao. that stubborn dd of mine refuses to pee/poo on the potty or toilet! will choose to do it in her pants instead! some ppl have told me that maybe she is not ready yet (ie mentally), so for now i stopped while figuring out how to go about it...

any advice?

she she,
no problem.
happy.gif

Hi Lani,

Yes, my DS is not toilet trained yet. I also read somewhere previously that they have to be ready.

As for cc/kindergarten, the one that I have registered DS with is a church kindergarten. I want to expose him to such environment. Sigh. . .my maid is not those that will really teach. How to rely on her to teach Chinese? My DS very funny. My aunt told him she'll read Chinese story books to him. He said "No", Jie Jie read. *Faint*

Frankly speaking, I prefer a kindergarten environment to a childcare. The only pre-school that I know that provides child care services but yet don't function like one is Pat's schoolhouse. But very ex.

<font color="0000ff">HI Lani,</font>
The prev maid toilet-trained her when she could sit. So now she is toilet-trained. Actually must thank you for the advice of buying cute undies. Now she only wears diapers to bed.
If she still refuses to poo in the toilet, I don't think she is ready to be toilet trained yet. That's what I've heard from others.

Have you told your maid to clean the inside of the cupboard in the kitchen ? How about your clothes wardrobe ? Take out all the stuff and clean the inside. If you're planning to have another child, don't send your maid back yet. At least you know whether she's clean, obedient and reliable.
Weekends when we're at home, my maid will cook something diff like chicken chop, sambal egg or bagedil.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Purin,</font>
Arise Kindergarten is a church kindergarten. It's ironic that I sent my son to a church kindergarten when we are buddhists. Now even primary school is Christian and he doesn't want to go inside a temple anymore. But then, I'm ok regardless of what religion he chooses.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Meiji,</font>
I saw a matching table at Jurong Point outlet. It's cute and definitely cheaper than HK.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Ambrosial,</font>
Robinsons is selling Sanrio undies for kids. For adults, Kitty Land at Novena Sq has them. $12.90 for 3.

<font color="ff6000">HI Ladies,</font>
Good Morning. It's Thursday already.
Acthia should be leaving for the airport soon. Hope she manages to get extra loots for us. But with 2 strollers & 2 hyperactive children, I don't think it's really possible. But then we have Li Li and Purin going to BKK next weekend. HeHeHe. Just joking.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Purin,</font>
With my son, I didn't manage to teach him Chinese bcos he hated it. He will cover his ears when I try to teach him. After he went to nursery, he started to like it.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Fei Fei,</font>
Morning
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Hi Purin/Li Li,</font>
My gf posted a pic of Hello Kitty gold jewellery last night. Wow, got silver and gold leh. So sweet designs.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Purin/Annie/PrincessEmma,</font>
Enjoy yourselves b4 the kids go to P1. It's almost like going back to school with them again once they are in primary school. When my son had his first SA (mid-yr exam), I was so stressed out planning his revision. Oral exams (Eng/Chinese), then followed by Eng/Chinese Paper 1 and then the rest 2 weeks later. It's madness bcos kids don't know the importance of that exam.

Back