Harmony Blood Test

hi there, can someone pls kindly explain to me what is NT scan? is it somewhat similar to Oscar? wat does NT scan looks for? I am still very unfamiliar with all these, thanks for clearing my doubts.. and also, if we decided to do our scans with dr ananda instead with those sonographer, we make appt on our own or do we let our gynae know as I understand gynae office normally arrange the scanning date for us

Happyelf, NT is measurement of neck thickness. Yes similar to oscar. Normal oscar test will oso incld blood test of mother. If u decide to do scanning w prof, u can inform ur gynae prior to it. The nurse can help to call. Alternatively u can call on ur own too.

Thanks Sunscan, flower.. very helpful. So if we decided to do all scans with dr Ananda, does it mean we have to do all 3 scans? The NT at week 11, the week 14 and 21 scan?

Thks mumtobe0813 for yr reply!
At which scan will he chk for baby features too? Wk 14 or wk 11? Can u kindly share the costs for the scan? Did u hv to relay ur scan results to yr usual obgyn? May I know who yr usual obgyn is?
Thks!!
Thks momtobe & didy for yr replies.

So yr obgyn will combine the nt scan results w yr bloodwork at yr gyn to come up with a oscar probability?

How long in advance do we need to book? I'm not sure if my preg will be viable..

[

How long in advance do we need to book? I'm not sure if my preg will be viable..[/quote]

hi HappySadSillyMad, why do u say that?

From wad i heard prof dun believe in mothers blood test so he usu jus dun nt measurement. But i wld tink wk 14 n 21 is gd enuf. His machine is gd thus able to c de details n features clearly. Perhaps can book 2wk adv? Can let de nurse there know if any earlier slot to call u lo.

[

How long in advance do we need to book? I'm not sure if my preg will be viable..

hi HappySadSillyMad, why do u say that?[/quote]
Cos I took antibiotics (zinnat) n injection for dizziness (prochlorperazine) at hospital bef I missed period. Alrdy told doc we r trying but those med were cat b n cat c respectively. When u google, scary things come out. Sigh antibiotics i cldnt avoid but the dizziness i wld hv tong if I knew. No thks to crappy clearblue test kits which didn't work at hm! So I'm planning to go to dr Ananda for scans if preg does progress. V v unsettled.

Hi sunflower0121, so he only does measurement of neck thickness and nasal bone at week 11? Thks

Hi,

Yes! Neck thickness and nasal bone availability. Also check any brain development.

If u fall in aged grp of 36, oscar test is not conclusive. Cos the result is based on ratio. The older u r the ratio is even more tighter if u compared to mum below aged of 36.

Just to share

I did Oscar at TMC and result is ok. My gynae suggested Amino (due to my age) which I opt out and went to Dr Ananda for detailed scan instead. Everything turns out well and I have a healthy gal :)

I am in my 40+ btw

Hi dear mummies , can i just check with you ,during the 14weeks genetic scan ,is baby gender accurate? Or during the 21weeks detail scan ?

Hi,

Yes! Neck thickness and nasal bone availability. Also check any brain development.

If u fall in aged grp of 36, oscar test is not conclusive. Cos the result is based on ratio. The older u r the ratio is even more tighter if u compared to mum below aged of 36.

Thks! I'm below 30 but going to Dr A due to the medications I was ok prior to finding out abt preg

Hi dear mummies , can i just check with you ,during the 14weeks genetic scan ,is baby gender accurate? Or during the 21weeks detail scan ?

Hi jacobmum,

Yes, I knew my baby gender as early as week 14 thru genetic scan. I just did my week 21 detailed scan. Indeed it's a boy.

I have not reached week 21 yet. At week 14 prof ananda said I am carrying a gal. My Gynae has verified that again when I was week 15. So I am with no doubts that mine is a girl. I will update u again after my week 21 scan lol

Just to share

I did Oscar at TMC and result is ok. My gynae suggested Amino (due to my age) which I opt out and went to Dr Ananda for detailed scan instead. Everything turns out well and I have a healthy gal :)

I am in my 40+ btw

Babypom, at which week did u go to Dr Ananda for detailed scan?

Mommies, where is the cheapest harmony test available now?

For mommies who went to Dr Ananda, did u skip the oscar and just go for his NT scan? And subsequently the week 14 genetic scan? What's the diff Btn the findings of these two scans? Thks!!

hi all, I m very worried about this Oscar scan result as I find that many false bad results come out for so many mummies and created much anxiety. my gynae has booked for me at tmc for Oscar scan in 2 weeks time. but reading all these comments on Dr Ananda's scans, I think I would prefer to go straight to him. how does it work? do I now call my gynae and cancel the Oscar scan at tmc and call Dr Ananda to make appointment? tks for ur advice.

hi all, I m very worried about this Oscar scan result as I find that many false bad results come out for so many mummies and created much anxiety. my gynae has booked for me at tmc for Oscar scan in 2 weeks time. but reading all these comments on Dr Ananda's scans, I think I would prefer to go straight to him. how does it work? do I now call my gynae and cancel the Oscar scan at tmc and call Dr Ananda to make appointment? tks for ur advice.

Hi allbwell

Im the one who skipped oscar test while going straight to Dr Ananda week 11 nt scan (sg380), week 14 genetic scan (sg450) and week 21 detailed scan(sg450)

U can always opt your own preference on the scan...not necessary must go for oscar test esp if u r a mum above 36yrs old. As the ratio of a high risk mum is smaller as compared to young mums.

Hi mumtobe0813 tks for ur reply. I actually called dr ananda's centre n the receptionist juz booked the 14th week scan for me though I told her I hv not gone for oscar yet. She didnt mention anything on the 11th week scan. So now I m gg for my oscar at 12week at tmc n detailed scan at 14th week at ananda.
Juz curious, the 11th week nt scan is similar to oscar?

Last edited:
Hi allbwell

Im the one who skipped oscar test while going straight to Dr Ananda week 11 nt scan (sg380), week 14 genetic scan (sg450) and week 21 detailed scan(sg450)

U can always opt your own preference on the scan...not necessary must go for oscar test esp if u r a mum above 36yrs old. As the ratio of a high risk mum is smaller as compared to young mums.

Hi,

Care to share what all these tests are for? I'm 35 this year and going to have my first baby in dec.

Last edited:
Hi allbwell

Hi, thks for sharing. I think I may go for oscar + FA scan at tmc + week 14 scan at Dr A. Does Dr A do a week 28 detailed scan too? Thks!

Hi, thks for sharing. I think I may go for oscar + FA scan at tmc + week 14 scan at Dr A. Does Dr A do a week 28 detailed scan too? Thks![/quote

Hi happysassillymad

Frankly detailed scan should be done at week21. That is when bb organs are fully formed. Esp the heart valves and kidneys. According to dr ananda week 21 detailed scan shows ok. This meant we can enjoy the rest of pregnancy.

Hi, thks for sharing. I think I may go for oscar + FA scan at tmc + week 14 scan at Dr A. Does Dr A do a week 28 detailed scan too? Thks![/quote

Hi happysassillymad

Frankly detailed scan should be done at week21. That is when bb organs are fully formed. Esp the heart valves and kidneys. According to dr ananda week 21 detailed scan shows ok. This meant we can enjoy the rest of pregnancy.

Hi,

Care to share what all these tests are for? I'm 35 this year and going to have my first baby in dec.

Hi misty cloud,

If u do read my earlier earlier post, I skipped oscar test because I lost my first bb at week 15 plus due to bb brain defects. And this can be detected as early as week 11. But I waited till week 12 for oscar test. It turned out to be the ratio result was so so bad. 1:2 for T18. While gynae referred me to do amnio at week 16.. it was a torturing wait for me!! So i found dr ananda to perform week 15 genetic scan. Indeed my bb was suffered from serious brain defects. Dr ananda told me this brain defects can be detected as early as week 11 thru nt scan.. so for this preg I decided to do alll the scans with dr ananda cos his scans are so detailed and gives u assurance that your bb ia healthy thru those precision scans.

For week 11 scan tackled the thickness of neck fluid and brain formed and skulls. No blood test unlike oscar

For week 14 scan is when bb organs are formed. This is to check the organs availability. Placenta position. Blood flow of the cord and uterus and ovaries

For week 21 detailed to check the growth of bb organs. Like hearts with normal valves, bb heart beats normal, kidneys and bb gender. length of fingers, legs, thighs. Of cos again plancenta. Cord length and thickness. Blood flow to baby. Very very detailed scan with the ratio given.

Of cos if u wanna be more assured your bb is perfectly ok. Can opt for harmony test..which I din opt for it.

I hope this wil help u.

Hi misty cloud,

If u do read my earlier earlier post, I skipped oscar test because I lost my first bb at week 15 plus due to bb brain defects. And this can be detected as early as week 11. But I waited till week 12 for oscar test. It turned out to be the ratio result was so so bad. 1:2 for T18. While gynae referred me to do amnio at week 16.. it was a torturing wait for me!! So i found dr ananda to perform week 15 genetic scan. Indeed my bb was suffered from serious brain defects. Dr ananda told me this brain defects can be detected as early as week 11 thru nt scan.. so for this preg I decided to do alll the scans with dr ananda cos his scans are so detailed and gives u assurance that your bb ia healthy thru those precision scans.

For week 11 scan tackled the thickness of neck fluid and brain formed and skulls. No blood test unlike oscar

For week 14 scan is when bb organs are formed. This is to check the organs availability. Placenta position. Blood flow of the cord and uterus and ovaries

For week 21 detailed to check the growth of bb organs. Like hearts with normal valves, bb heart beats normal, kidneys and bb gender. length of fingers, legs, thighs. Of cos again plancenta. Cord length and thickness. Blood flow to baby. Very very detailed scan with the ratio given.

Of cos if u wanna be more assured your bb is perfectly ok. Can opt for harmony test..which I din opt for it.

I hope this wil help u.

Thks! V helpful! Cos his nurses aren't v savvy / clear over the phone :(

Hi misty cloud,

I hope this wil help u.
Wow. It's indeed detailed. So these tests screen for down syndromes too right?

Not all doctors offer these tests right? Can I request for it too if they don't?

Wow. It's indeed detailed. So these tests screen for down syndromes too right?

Not all doctors offer these tests right? Can I request for it too if they don't?

Hi mistycloud

All these scans are mainly for defects. For down syndrome, u can opt for harmony blood test. U can do it at your gynae or dr ananda. On my last detailed scan with dr ananda. He told me the pricing has dropped from 1.8k to 1.5k.

Hi mistycloud

All these scans are mainly for defects. For down syndrome, u can opt for harmony blood test. U can do it at your gynae or dr ananda. On my last detailed scan with dr ananda. He told me the pricing has dropped from 1.8k to 1.5k.

Hi, from the markers like lack of nasal bone etc, Dr can chk for risk of trisomy right? Or we still need oscar for screening n harmony? Thks!

Hi mistycloud

Is there a reason why you're skipping down syndrome test totally?

Is there a reason why you're skipping down syndrome test totally?

Hi MistyCloud

I was advised by Dr Ananda if a baby with down syndrome. His or her facial feature will show the sign of down syndrome. Esp short nasal bones, eye distance or head size. Taking harmony test is mainly to bring parents more assurance but still the results are not as conclusive as amniocentesis. Cos harmony test is taking maternal blood so there might be some dna that can't pick up.

I lost my very first one due to brain defects and survival rate is zero.. and this time all the scans show that my baby is a healthy one. I will keep my faith and believe he is definitely ok.

Hi all, can I know that this test only to take blood for test & have normal scan ? As my hb will not accompany me on that day.
Result can know after 2 weeks ? Tq!

Could anyone ever come across , 11weeks oscar nt scar result was bad. Cause my nt scan reading my baby skin was swelling by 11mm. I was send for a amnio immediately . Was still waiting for result really hope if there's anyone there could share any good news.

Could anyone ever come across , 11weeks oscar nt scar result was bad. Cause my nt scan reading my baby skin was swelling by 11mm. I was send for a amnio immediately . Was still waiting for result really hope if there's anyone there could share any good news.

Hi Sara&eugene,

I suggest u better seek for dr ananda as 2nd opinion. My first bb nt scan measured at 4.4mm at week 12. Was referred to amnio at week 16. The waiting time was very torturing. So I turned into dr ananda genetic scan at week 14.

My oscar result show I'm low risk however my Gynae seems to encourage me to go for harmony test perhaps due to my age. When I told her I'm not opting for harmony she made me sign some indemnity thing to declare that I had been informed of the risks and options and I decided to not go ahead with the harmony test. This move really unsettles me making me think did I make a wrong decision.

After reading up all the posts in this thread I decided to go ahead with the genetic scan this Thursday with prof anand to have a second opinion before deciding if further test is required and to have a peace of mind.

Anyone had a similar experience can share. I pray hard my scan are ok.

How does Dr Anandan scan scan for exactly? Blood test or sonograph or what? I'm thinking of him as my 2nd option if my oscar results are bad.

My oscar result show I'm low risk however my Gynae seems to encourage me to go for harmony test perhaps due to my age. When I told her I'm not opting for harmony she made me sign some indemnity thing to declare that I had been informed of the risks and options and I decided to not go ahead with the harmony test. This move really unsettles me making me think did I make a wrong decision.

After reading up all the posts in this thread I decided to go ahead with the genetic scan this Thursday with prof anand to have a second opinion before deciding if further test is required and to have a peace of mind.

Anyone had a similar experience can share. I pray hard my scan are ok.

How many weeks r u? Do upd aft yr scan! Pray all is well!

How many weeks r u? Do upd aft yr scan! Pray all is well!

Hihi thanks for the prayers. All is well. No abnormality in the major organs and facial features measurement are all normal. Thank god. Got a cd odd u/s images and had a good time during the scan with prof ananda even my hubby not around. He is a funny man and session with him is not boring.

Although not entirely clear of risk as tri21 is not easily detectable through scan. I had decided to hv faith and not do the harmony test.

Added bonus I know bb gender at 14 weeks.

Back