Gestational Diabetes

Hi Ocean blue

Sorry, can drink plain water, no food only.

Ling,
No drip too when induce.

I secretly ate a candy around 11. My finger prick on 12:00am read 3.3. And i told the nurse i must eat already before i get hyper, then only they quickly arranged a meal for me after doctor check i am not ready for delivery yet.

Anyone asked what should be the reading after delivery for finger prick? How soon we will be back to normal? It seems that my pre meal and post meal still high.....I feel like crying already...

Morning ladies...

Bibi, sorry, forget to ask on tue.. going back on tues again... will ask tis round as i had set alarm for it ...

for non diabetic, is normal for 7-8 reading ... since u had given birth, think shd b ok rite?
body need time to adjust back ... dont worry so much ... i remember nurse say 6weeks after give birth to go back n check ...

o, u dont hv drip when indue ... mayb i remember wrongly for my #1 ..

Bibi..concentrate on yr confinement. With the confinement food like longan drink and etc, it will take some time to recover

Non diabetic 7-8 is okie ah? Why for us must control to 6.6? Sob sob

morning ladies... a new week ...

JC, understand from nurse that if sudden high in sugar, can make bb heartbeat stop suddenly .. so to prevent tat, we hv to very strict wz our control ...

ladies, morning

back from clinic D...

Dr Soh increase my dosage for dinner to 8 ... so now is 0/6/8/8 ... cry cry cry ...

had checked wz her, she say tat after delivery reading shd b normal as per normal pple... after 2hr meal max is 7.8 ... but for us, better stick to after 2hr meal max of 6.6 ...

doc will monitor after delivery to check if need to continue wz sugar checks or insulin ...

best to go back for review 6weeks after delivery then dr can give better answer of whether we carry the diabetic wz us or not ...

look like me will b carry tat after delivery ... Dr Soh said, 10yrs ago when i went to clinic G for check up to regulate my menses, they did a test n stated tat me have a problem which i cant remember.. she said tis problem actually is pre diabetic symptom ...

Hi Evelyn ... welcome to the forum ...

Dun upset..today they increase my doaage too.6-8-8-8.,i told them my appetite getting more liao coz in 3rd trim

I will see dr stanley for 1 more time in mid apr..than wait for bb to pop. After delivery than will go see him again .

Already dun wan to think abt post delivery..as long bb healthy can liao.

JC, jiayou ... soon u can hold bb in ur arms ...

Ocean_Blue shd b ready for birth anytime now ... so excited for her ...

i hv very bad constipation .. had dark red bleeding everytime i go toilet ... for the past almost 3weeks... dare not take fybogel scare the sugar level shot up ...
today told Dr Anita, she say fybogel ok .. heng ah ... so will start to take from today ... hope will hv smooth one soon ...

ladies, hv great day

Drink more water. I also having constipation..caused by the vitamins & calcium . Sometimes i just skip one day so that i can poop

Ling, u r right. It is waiting time for me now :) But won't be this week as I'm only 1cm dilated. Can't wait to get over and done with the insulin and blood checks.

Drink more water for constipation and skip the prenatal vits if u r taking them. Iron in the pill causes constipation

Ocean_Blue, shd b anytime.. bcos when it is the right time, very fast from 3cm to 8cm ...

ya, now alternate day for iron pills...

jia you ocean blue!

my iron is in the multi vitamin. Remember don't take milk with your vitamin yah...if not, the iron will not be absrobed

I was having constipation due to multi vits so since 2nd tri, I've not taken any vits. It is fine not to tfake if ur diet is ok.

Hi all, just to share my experience.

I was also diagnosis with GD during my pregnancy as well. But I guess mine was due to lack of exercise. Because usually when I measure during morning and after breakfast my sugar level was fine. I don't eat much for breakfast btw, so I guess this was why its ok. But usually my sugar level shot up after lunch and after dinner. I will control my diet only on days when I need to do the blood test *bad mummy* ;p

I just gave birth on 11th March, EDD was actually 10th March but I have slight bleeding on 9th March and went to KKH and doctor decided to induce me due to GD, as they are afraid that baby will be too big. Luckily baby turn out to be of normal size
happy.gif

Now I'm waiting for the date to go for my next checkup at polyclinic to determine if I'm actually diabetes, hopefully it'll be fine~~

Mao mama, congratz ... so u r not on insulin ...

can i know wat were ur reading?

ya, exercise help alot on GD, but my tis pregnancy make me so tired tat i dont want to move at all ... hiaz.. tis make GD worst ...

Hi Ling! Nope I'm not on insulin.. Hmmm my morning reading is usually around 3.9
Once after lunch it goes up to 8.4 0_0!!
Yeah it gets tiring, especially with the big bump in front. I can practically lie in bed all day when I'm not working. :p
How many weeks are you at now?

Mao mama, so lucki tat doc didnt start u on insulin .. wondering y ...
y my doc start me immediately .. cry cry ...

mayb my morning reading r bad liao .. high side 5.5 - 6.5 ...

me now week 24 only... stil hv long way ...

so lucki u hv natural birth ... me sure c section as #1 is emergency c section .. hiaz ...

Ling, oh I see, your before meal reading is high too? Any of your family members have diabetes record? I heard it's heritable, my mum had GD when she was pregnant with her 3rd child.. I'm the 2nd..

So this is your 2nd pregnancy?
You have GD on your first also?

Mao mama, ya, dr comment tat my reading for bedtime n morning r on the high side though most of the time within the max range ... so didnt give me much chance n start me on insulin ...

no family history ...

#1 also smooth pregnancy ...

tis #2 hv alots of problem ...

Mao Mama, crossing fingers tat dr will not increase my dosage too much liao soon...

ya, hoping all will end soon ...

hv great evening

Mummies, u can use lactose if u r having constipation. It's awfully sweet but it doesn't makes ur sugar go up. Coz the sweetness is suppose to draw water into ur intestines.. I took 15ml 1x once in a while to relieve constipation. Prunes r way too sweet for us... And plenty of water.. Fibrogel r bulk-forming agent, without a lot of water, will cause constipation to worsen... My 5 cents worth..

Mao mama, we need exercise to bring sugar down.. U try to go for walks if u can.. Since u don't need insulin.. Hope u stay this way till delivery... Jia you!

usually i try to plan my weekend like going for a good meal forlunch than go shopping/walking after that..can enjoy but at the same time reduce the sugar level.

yup.. I does that too.. but it must be alot of walking to burn those calories..

sigh.. it's very hard to be diabetic and pregnant at the same time.. I'm eating almost the same food everyday..

food ctrl with diabetes is like trial and error: check sugar, eat moderate amount, check sugar again 2 hrs later.. If high, cut down food amount.. if low, can add variety of other food.. If just nice, can eat again... very meal is a challenge.. Especially with cravings!!!!

how about steamboat? it work very well for me leh except i cannot dip too much sauce lah. Very healthy if you eat a lot of veg and good reason to clean up the fridge.

actually i not very strict with my food intake. I am still eating macdonald, kfc, snacks, etc but i improvise loh. I go for ala-carte burger. Finish the meat first than take only max 1ea of bread.

If i crave for cakes/ice cream/soft drink, i share with my hubby. I will judge - maybe i cut down my main course to no carbo and have a small piece of cake for dessert.

Stress give raise to high sugar level too...so must stay happy with happy food :p

I do well with steamboat too.. but cannot take so much of cuttlefish/fish/crab balls (all made of glutinous rice & sugar), udon, noodles, rice, tang hoon.. more green veges & meat..

I asked for no salted french fries and more lettuce when goes to fast food joint.. only taking the lower slice of bread..

It's tough but must stay active and exercise.. Diabetes for 4 yrs is tough.. better ctrl better than u lose ur eye sight, limbs or kidneys.. or for us, lose our baby...

ya, i also find steamboat ok for me.. i love to put the tang hoon instead of taking noodles/rice etc...

had a double cheese burger yesterday w/o the top bread also ... my gal had the fries ...

Evey, u at which doc/hospital? allow u to hv such readings... if i hv these reading, doc will sure say need to increase the dosage ...

she increase my dinner one to 8 units when i hv 2-3time 6.4-6.5 reading ...not even excee the 6.6 range ...

NUH very strict.. cannot more than 6.6 for 2hr after meals...

think they prefer the range to b below 6 ...

Ling, really? Below 6 after meals? Doc at nuh didn't tell me that......hope I don't get sent back to diabetic clinic cos I just had 2 readings out of range. Hoping no need to start on insulin. I'm only at 21 wks so long time to go. Does lack of sleep cause reading to go up?

small bunny, me start insulin around week 20 ...

for last review, my dinner reading within range 6.3-6.6, but dr soh increase my dosage to 8 from 6 units .. say better increase...

i feel tat the doc r very strict as they dont allow reading above 6.7 ... will start to circle my readings like is wrong ...

like mine within the range but also increase my dosage..

understand from other mummies tat is under stress will increase the reading... so think lack of sleep also might cause reading to go up ...

ling : yr doc very strict leh. I have readings > 6.6 but i will tell them what i have for that day. So far still okie. Unless they see a continuous trend of high reading, than the Dr will increase my dosage.

JC, think bcos all diff dr, so they jus wan to b careful lor...

now shd b sticking to one doc - Dr Soh... hope she is not like tat ... next review is one mth later ... not alternate week to see the gynae at clinic D ...

how are you Ling?

i am feeling super tired now. Very stressful over handover issues. Already have May mummies popping early...i also scare leh.

JC, dont stress... relax.. deep breath in n out ...

dont worry, is normal to hv some bb pop early ... my neighbour also gave birth 1mth earlier... EDD 11 May, but she had premie at 9 Apr ...

Handover r stressful ... but take it steady ...

me jus bored at work lor...

had 1-2 high reading for the past few days ... thought food tat i'm safe but turn out tat hv high readings... so now will go walk walk b4 take the reading for after meals.... tis help ... sometime i play cheat, do the reading 2.5hr later ... hehe ... within 15mins-1/2hr, the reading can from high to normal ... hehe

me had been feeling tiring since taking high blood medication n insulin.. always not enough sleep ... drag myself to work...
jus hope mth end come fast n i end my part time job ... can rest at home...

can't wait for my ML too.

i going to be induce on week 38 but i also scare later earlier. Like not much time left liao...so very panic. My work too manual liao, so have to go through with my backup step by step

Ling : must sleep early..now i go to bed at 10pm+

JC, morning..

if bb wan to come out earlier, is ok .. jus let it go by naturely ... dont worry n stress.. tis one we cannot control ...

jus handover wat ever u can ... if not, ur supervisor shd b the one helping liao ... u cant help if bb wan to come earlier..

stay happy n wait for bb to come ... jiayou ...

me cannot sleep early lah...

prepare my gal for shower at 9pm, then milk n prepare to sleep... these few weeks she is playful ... keep play till sleep is almost 11pm ...

somemore for the bedtime jab, hv to wait 3hr after meal which sometime my dinner is late at 9pm... so for those days i need to record, hv to wait till midnite... other no record dates, i jus jab 2 hrs after meal n sleep ...

after my gal sleep, stil need to wash her milk bottles n stuff ... prepare her things for 2hr playground...

so usually i can get to bed around midnite...

then next day, my gal is early bird... she can get up at 7am ...

Hi hi

Still waiting for actions happen
happy.gif

Went to delivery suite yest afternoon as I was having contractions and cramps but aft 2hrs, I was sent home as contractions were not strong enough and I'm only dilated 1-1.5cm. Pathetic. My EDD is next Fri. I'm 39weeks today.

Gynae did a membrane sweep on Tues to see could speed things up a little. I'm seeing her again on Mon to check for progress. If still nothing then she will want to admit me on Tues to insert prostaglandin pill/gel to bring on dilation and thus labour. I'm not keen on this as it can either turn out positive or remain status quo then the chance of e c sect will be high. She doesn't want to wait till 40weeks and beyond due to GD.If no GD, she will let labour come on naturally.

Hello mummies, glad to find this thread. I am in week 25 with my #2 and having GD. I am having a challenging time eating out coz readings go haywire unless its home cooked food. Hope to get some advice and support. Feeling so miserable with the diet
sad.gif

Ocean_Blue, very excited rite? jiayou!!

tell bb to b good lah ...come quickly lah .. hehe

actually only 1 weeks diff only, y they dont let u wait hor ...

my #1 was also overdue, n induce.. then end up emergency.. double charges at TMC ...

tat's y my hubby say, jus go n c section tis round .. dont waste money n time.. hehe
but hor, me dont wan leh .. stil hope bb come out naturally ... hope bb win ..

sorry to ask, u under private patient rite? plan to take how many bed?

me now thinking to change to private at week 37 .. then c section at week 38 ... but worry bill will b too expensive ...

hi hi Kids Affair...

me also week 25 now ... #2 also ...my EDD is 22jul ... but my hubby wan me to c sect ...so waiting for his news of when to c sect after get those master to calculate ...

u at which hospital?

had the same of readings go haywire when i start to take reading.. make me so stress n even worst ...

now feel much better after getting 'used' to all the insulin n stuff around ...

let jiayou together ...

Hi Ling...

My EDD is 21jul
happy.gif
.. but going for c sect mid jul since already got scar from emergency c sect for #1 so just cut again :p am at tmc

Really clueless what we can eat when dining out... sigh

Kids Affair .. wow.. one day earlier than me ... hehe ... u hv GD for #1? i dont hv any for #1.. jus tis pregnancy ...

at least first 3 weeks r trial n error... i failed tat so doc put in on insulin.. r u on insulin?

no rice, bread or noodles for me... only brown n basmatic rice .. me mostly western food like chicken chop with no sauce ... no fries ... mayb 1-2 pcs but if u start.. soon the all the fries will go into .. so if can change i change to other stuff i can eat ... like seasonal vegs ...
if i bring my own rice, then i eat with the western food ...

if hawker food, yong tau foo w/o noodles or ask the stall can help me cook my tang hoon or not .. if no, jus more pcs of the ingredients...
same for fish slice stall lor...

i hv one small pack of dried tang hoon wz me during lunch ...

or pack my own brown rice cooked one day earlier for those one dish or economy rice...

my office nearby hv mini steamboat, i take tat also.. jus add my tang hoon as the main staple food ...

if having fish ball tang hoon soup which cannt fill up my tummy, i will get some chicken meat to add in ...

Back