Ex Husband denies my access to children

GoingCrazy

Hi all, I am lost and wish to seek advice.

My ex husband is using the circuit breaker as an excuse to not allow my children to come over. However, the newspaper have already clarify that this is allowed as long as minimal travelling is adhered to. However ex hubby still do not give in.

I am at a lost now and not sure what to do. I have been paying the child maintenance on time but this is what I get.

I don't think the law will protect people like us, so any advice is appreciated.

My ex husband is using the circuit breaker as an excuse to not allow my children to come over. However, the newspaper have already clarify that this is allowed as long as minimal travelling is adhered to. However ex hubby still do not give in.

I am at a lost now and not sure what to do. I have been paying the child maintenance on time but this is what I get.

I don't think the law will protect people like us, so any advice is appreciated.
Hi. The circuit breaker rules are changing every day and measures get more and more strict due to the number of infected people increasing by the day. It could be ex husband making an excuse but it could also be that he is not exactly sure of the details himself thus not allowing your children to go over.

Whichever it is, to eyes of the law now is this period any human contact is sensitive and best to only limit to contact with own household people so you can't really do much. I would suggest video calls with your kids in meantime, at least there is correspondence and can see them minus the body contact.

The good thing is that this circuit breaker is only temporary and not permanent. Better not to get into trouble with law over this issue during this period if not after circuit breaker is over you may end up having restrictions which you could had avoided in the first place. Keep calm and good luck.

You can perhaps try to seek to enforce your court order by taking out committal proceedings. This will help you to get access

Back