Dyslexia

Pepper18

Hi . I think that my son has dyslexia coz he write P/5/3 in the other way. And he has some reading problem as well.

Where shld I bring him go see DR? KKH?

How old is your son?

My son is 5yrs old this year, sometimes he wrote alphabets and numbers in another way too but he can read well as we trained him since young.. to me, his writing was lack of practice :oops:

How old is your son?

My son is 5yrs old this year, sometimes he wrote alphabets and numbers in another way too but he can read well as we trained him since young.. to me, his writing was lack of practice :oops:

My son is 6 yrs old this year. Since young we also let him read

Did you try to let him to read by his own especially those word that he can recognize?

I let both of my kids watch phonics dvd since young, follow by alphabets and sight word, and only introduce them cartoon dvd when they are 2-3yrs old, so they are fast in reading..

You might want to try to send him to phonics class?

Did you try to let him to read by his own especially those word that he can recognize?

I let both of my kids watch phonics dvd since young, follow by alphabets and sight word, and only introduce them cartoon dvd when they are 2-3yrs old, so they are fast in reading..

You might want to try to send him to phonics class?

No He will tends to forget those words. Which make me start to worry.

No He will tends to forget those words. Which make me start to worry.

I think you can try to send him to phonics class, it will help in his reading..

I believed he started to go to childcare already right? You may want to ask tr to monitor for u as well..

At the same time, if you are worry, you may want to bring him to doc to do assessments..

Hi Pepper18,
My daughter used to have issues learning and memorising spelling, let alone reading. She received some form of training and managed to improve after 6 months.

It was found out that she had some attention deficit. When her attention improves, her learning ability also improves. Do give some attention to your learning difficulties as it will impact his confidence level. Children at 6 should be able to read simple words well

Pm me if anyone is keen to know more about concentration and behaviour control exercises through advance feedback technology, suitable for all ages.

Hi . I think that my son has dyslexia coz he write P/5/3 in the other way. And he has some reading problem as well.

Where shld I bring him go see DR? KKH?

You can bring him to Kids Testing & Dyslexia Centre.
The psychologist is Mrs Thenmoliee Joe.
http://www.kidsdyslexia.com.sg/

Their dyslexia assessment is pretty affordable.

I brought my kid here for IQ test, and ADHD assessment.

Hi My name is James andI am an experienced and qualified dyslexia tutor specializing in tutoring students with special needs such as dyslexia, attention deficit disorder (Adhd) , Autism and other learning impediments. I have been helping students and children from K2 level to secondary 5 with a significant degree of success. Currently I am helping 15 students with various special needs. I am very well familiar with the Singapore MOE syllabus so I can prepare your child for school exams. I teach English maths science geography history literature. last Year 2017 PLSE my two pri 6 students where each one scored one Astar for maths and A for science while the other one scored Astar for maths and A for science. At end of 2016, two of my students who were struggling with maths and science managed to pass beyond expectations of their respective schools

In addition to being a special needs tutor for 18 years. I am also currently a part time Occupational Therapist working with children with mild to severe intellectual disability. I also visit their home and provide Education and Occupational therapy.

I am a REGISTERED Occupational therapist with a Singapore recognized degree from a reputable New Zealand medical university with the Singapore Ministry of health so my credentials are verified.

My methods are usually very straightforward. I use the mastery technique which requires the child to be proficient at every level of the question or problem. I also use a lot of psychological motivation to prepare the child mentally for his studies and exams. I also use the OG method which is employed by many therapists. It is known as a multi -pronged technique which uses flexibility as a mainstay philosophy. many of my students have reached their academic targets beyond expectation which is not surprising given my close supervision in every aspect of the learning process.

I work well with all types of child personalities so children can digest and comprehend the subject matter. I try to make the lesson interesting and all steps are explained clearly. I assure you I am a professionally minded educator which looks at helping the child learn in his own style . Above all i think patience should be the main trait of any educator. Call me for a free first lesson so you can try out and make a educated decision. by the way I have references if you need to check with other parents on how I have helped their children cope with his academic work
My rates are affordable and reasonable depending on distance and time. pls email for a quote
if you have any other questions you can email me at [email protected]

Back